test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

offhand rp bonus.

kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
edited December 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Artifact weapon while used as rp for new weapon give us 2x rp(+2x rp as for the same type of equip.)=4xrp. After last patch i've noticed that offhand(in my case axes) doesn't. They shoud give as around 3.7million but give only 1.7 . Or am i wrong and it always worked this way?

http://image.prntscr.com/image/abb658b9d9744c3798a35dacb60c257f.png

In this case i tried to put my drowned axes to the new ones from sea of moving ice campaign.
Harding Grim
Guild:
Dragon Server-Essence of Aggression
Drider Server- TheWolves
youtube channel

Comments

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I haven't checked, but someone posted recently that the offhands are mistakenly (?) listed as artifact weapons, cutting the value of artifact offhand RP. If it were a true mistake, I would have assumed it would be fixed by now. I know I dumped my Drowned weapons into the new ones, but don't have the marks to find out how far I got with the RP. (I have a set of Twisted as well--didn't blow all options for green weapons!)
  • sjk2603sjk2603 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I put my twisted into the new Relic ones...I put my main hand in at level 36 and it went to 59. I put my off hand in at level 46 and it went to 54. !.8 mill rp for the off hand and 3.7 mill rp for the main hand...I am so pissed
  • darthbbqdarthbbq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    Yeah, I also found out too late about this bug as I refined my shield first and then saw the almost 2 million RP difference when I refined my Legendary Twisted sword.

I found a couple posts already in the Bug Forum from last week, but no response from management...
    Guild Leader- Fair Dinkum 2.0

OK, got a response from Support on the issue...

"I understand your concern regarding the total Refine Points that you accumulated after refining your Legendary Twisted Artifact. Unfortunately, it appears that you must have the Shieldbearer Shield to be at least Rank 15 to have the maximum Refine Points transfer to it.

Based on the Arc post of one our Developers, quoting "Starting with Underdark, any artifact weapon that has been upgraded to rank 15 or above will always refine into another piece of artifact equipment at double the rate, whether an event is running or not.
    This means that refining an artifact weapon into artifact equipment will not be affected by double refinement events. Now there’s no need to wait, you can transfer the maximum amount of your investment at any time!"

For more information, kindly refer to this link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9603333-developer-blog:-refining-artifact-weapons-change

That explains why there was a lot of lost Refine Points on your Shieldbearer Artifact Shield. I hope this has helped you regarding your inquiry. If you have any further questions, please kindly contact us again and we will gladly respond."

I guess I just got lucky that the Main Hand worked as 2xRP from Level 1.

• mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I always assumed (for obvious reasons) that the artifact-weapon used AS refinement needed to be rank 15 or higher to always give 2xRP, not that the receiving weapon had to be it as well?

Or am I just not understanding the CS answer correctly?
  • kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    my new offhand(blades) is level 35+ so that's not the case i think.
    Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel
    It means you need to level you new artifact weapon/offhand to Level 15, and then the double refining bonus will kick in. I think it should say Double Refinement (or something like that) at the top of the window. I just wasn't paying attention, and didn't notice it was not there.

• kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    darthbbq said:

It means you need to level you new artifact weapon/offhand to Level 15, and then the double refining bonus will kick in. I think it should say Double Refinement (or something like that) at the top of the window. I just wasn't paying attention, and didn't notice it was not there.

Doesn't work, but ty.
    Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    darthbbq said:

I think 2xRP for the new offhand is just plain broken, more commonly known as "Cryptic'd"
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    The relic artifact OFFHAND is incorrectly flagged as an ARTIFACT WEAPON.

You can test this by refining an artifact main hand weapon into the relic offhand = gives about 3.7 mil RP at legendary. An artifact offhand gives only about 1.8mil RP.

It's a programming fault, pure and simple. Once again, customer service does not check their facts.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    Same problem with my gf. Refined a legendary shield into the new relic one and didnt proberly check beforehand. Only got 1.8 mio rp out of it.
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    darthbbq said:

No that is wrong, only the weapon being used as RP needs to be at rank 15+. They gave you a generic answer without actually reading the problem properly.

"Starting with Underdark, any artifact weapon that has been upgraded to rank 15 or above will always refine into another piece of artifact equipment at double the rate"

Says so right there, no mention of receiving weapon needing to be rank 15, then add in the same type bonus to give you a x4 which with the labelling of them being wrong is not getting counted, so you get x4 for mainhand into mainhand but only x2 for offhand into offhand.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
    OK, I got it backwards as I didn't read the blog posting very well either... LOL

Either way, it sounds like it is broken and we are SOL on those lost points.