test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: Version: NW.70.20161025b.17

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Comments

• obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    "The weekly quest, The Runestead, now gives campaign currencies in addition to reputation."

Thank you. That was a dead-zone without this update.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    About the overloads glyph i am curious they were broken since their release?
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    So I take it the problems the oathbound paladins are having with vow of enmity will not be fixed...ever. Do I have that right? I would greatly appreciate some dev smackdown telling me I'm wrong and future fixes are planned.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • salvatorehzsalvatorehz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hunter Ranger encounter power Plant Growth and off-hand artifact power Aspect of the Pack dont fix :'(
  • hawkblaze1954#5209 hawkblaze1954 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Is this a confirmation that the ninja nerf to the OP - Bane and Vow of Enmity are being brought forward, and as Majorcharvenak said Sanctuary is still left as bugged?
    A respec token, are you having a laugh? If not this is pure irony. Respec to what?
    Dailies have been nerfed to oblivion. Nearly every used encounter has been nerfed to becoming a hindrance, apart from Templar's Wrath (probably next on the ninja nerf list)
    Although it is true that the Paladin has never found it's niche (tank/support/dps) and has been a Jack of All Trades. Now it is an ineffective class with impractical powers. I give Kudos for those who can fine tune this and make it workable with the AD/equipment/boon etc,etc and lots of testing.
    I believe a Race Reroll is a consolation prize and everything that's bound to character is a memoir of what the class was... :'(
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I'm a bit confused about these two lines:

"Companion-only enchantments no longer incorrectly activate when equipped by players.
    Player-only enchantments no longer incorrectly activate when equipped by companions."

Was it possible for players to use companion-only items? I hadn't heard about that and never even thought to try.

The second line, to me, reads like "You know those +4/+5 rings that you've been using on your companions? Yeah, not gonna work now."

Am I off-base on these two?
    I aim to misbehave
  • zduduszdudus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    What about getting stuck in dungeons, missions, when the only solution is for the time is leaving the mission?
    What with the removal of players afk / bots of the teams? For example I can't do that even after the vote (a mistake that I have no rights being commander)
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    @silence1x That's kinda what I was wondering as well...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • estasia1estasia1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    Once again, thanks for the fix's but there are still several issues that never get addressed including promises not kept, and players are still leaving. Below are just a few ongoing issues and promises that were never kept.

1) All dungeons will be brought back. Not done and calling a dungeon CN does not make it the old wonderful Castle Never.
    2) Thinking more about the needs and concerns of the players. Not happening, with all the complaints still rolling in and players leaving this is obvious.
    3) Fixing class issues with HR, OP and SW will probably never happen and this makes the classes worthless. Does this leveling mean you are going to make all other classes worthless also. Players are tired of working hard to build a character they love to play to have it ripped from them because a small needed nerf turns into a total destruction of the class. Put your money, work and sweat into something and tell me how you feel when it is destroyed.
    4) A new class. This has been promises for over a year, even with a poll as to what the players wanted but never happened.
    5) Fixing the foundrey. Has not happened.
    6) All the little issues that make everyone annoyed. Items can't be discarded or sold, game crashing, quest can't be abandened, campaign window stays lit and so many more.
    7) When I file a complaint with customer service I always get the same answers, with no resolution to the problems. Then I get a servey on my opinion of they serves (tell us how you feel). Really, I think the problem should be fixed before I get the stupid survey.
    8) Why is it more important to build new mods before fixing the outstanding issues. Due to the issues above faith in this game has lowered, players are not buying zen with real money and leave to go back to the games they were playing or neww ones. When I ask new players in my alliance why they are leaving I keep getting the same answer. Nothing can be accomplished due to the glitches, grinding but never being able to catch up to the longer term players and the final victory for making it trough a dungeon is worthless. Items in chest and boss drops are out dated but lets not forget to mention the fabled rank 5 rings or artifacts that they have never seen obtained. LOL, I just sit here and say the only thing I can say "I understand and sorry to see you leave". I can't say anything because out of the 5 dungeon runs aday I do in CN I have never seen them either.

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    As the title says!! What's up?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Sometimes things take a little longer than normal. That's all.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    They made an anouncement on Twitter that it is extended for ~30min. @nitocris83 you can update here also.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Sometimes things take a little longer than normal. That's all.

Thanks
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    silence1x said:

I'm a bit confused about these two lines:

"Companion-only enchantments no longer incorrectly activate when equipped by players.
    Player-only enchantments no longer incorrectly activate when equipped by companions."

Was it possible for players to use companion-only items? I hadn't heard about that and never even thought to try.

The second line, to me, reads like "You know those +4/+5 rings that you've been using on your companions? Yeah, not gonna work now."

Am I off-base on these two?

I think they are talking about stronghold overload enchantment. Maybe what they meant is before this patch, companion overload enchantment can be use by player. Now they fix it.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Server's should be up now. :)
  • razor4lpharazor4lpha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    Please link the forum thread from the news article too, saves a lot of time, and prevents people losing interest to give feedback.

Having the patch notes here helps us to quote it in the feedbacks too.

Also please notify the ARC developers that setting the streaming hotkey to shift+s by default wasn't their brightest idea so far - dodging backwards triggers the setup screen for streaming, and rewards the player with excitement and possibly a horrible death.
    (http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12915886)
    Kreatyve beat you by about four hours in expressing negative feedback about the Shift + S hotkey. ;)

That has been forwarded to the devs to adjust.
  • prosta4eto12prosta4eto12 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Strange or maybe there is a bug...but i not optained this retraining token from patch notes....

Combat and Powers

Oathbound Paladin

Oathbound Paladins created before November 10, 2016 have received a free respec token (max 1).
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Strange or maybe there is a bug...but i not optained this retraining token from patch notes....

Combat and Powers

Oathbound Paladin

Oathbound Paladins created before November 10, 2016 have received a free respec token (max 1).

open your character sheet. If you see the "Respec Character" button (lower left) lit up, you got your token. Both of my OPs got theirs.

I aim to misbehave
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    i didnt get my paladin free respec token, paladin was created in 2015.
  • jhojho#9074 jhojho Member Posts: 1 New User
    how many hrs need to patch the latest? coz my patch already takes 3 hrs. :(
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Can someone clarify why the Paladin received a retrain token? Was it just overlooked with the changes from mod 10.5 or has something else changed again?
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    estasia1 said:

Once again, thanks for the fix's but there are still several issues that never get addressed including promises not kept, and players are still leaving. Below are just a few ongoing issues and promises that were never kept.

1) All dungeons will be brought back. Not done and calling a dungeon CN does not make it the old wonderful Castle Never.
    2) Thinking more about the needs and concerns of the players. Not happening, with all the complaints still rolling in and players leaving this is obvious.
    3) Fixing class issues with HR, OP and SW will probably never happen and this makes the classes worthless. Does this leveling mean you are going to make all other classes worthless also. Players are tired of working hard to build a character they love to play to have it ripped from them because a small needed nerf turns into a total destruction of the class. Put your money, work and sweat into something and tell me how you feel when it is destroyed.
    4) A new class. This has been promises for over a year, even with a poll as to what the players wanted but never happened.
    5) Fixing the foundrey. Has not happened.
    6) All the little issues that make everyone annoyed. Items can't be discarded or sold, game crashing, quest can't be abandened, campaign window stays lit and so many more.
    7) When I file a complaint with customer service I always get the same answers, with no resolution to the problems. Then I get a servey on my opinion of they serves (tell us how you feel). Really, I think the problem should be fixed before I get the stupid survey.
    8) Why is it more important to build new mods before fixing the outstanding issues. Due to the issues above faith in this game has lowered, players are not buying zen with real money and leave to go back to the games they were playing or neww ones. When I ask new players in my alliance why they are leaving I keep getting the same answer. Nothing can be accomplished due to the glitches, grinding but never being able to catch up to the longer term players and the final victory for making it trough a dungeon is worthless. Items in chest and boss drops are out dated but lets not forget to mention the fabled rank 5 rings or artifacts that they have never seen obtained. LOL, I just sit here and say the only thing I can say "I understand and sorry to see you leave". I can't say anything because out of the 5 dungeon runs aday I do in CN I have never seen them either.

I heartily agree with everything you wrote. This very nicely sums all that is wrong with neverwinter at the moment.

Devs, please read this post entirely. After that you'll know what you should do.

CM's please make devs read it.
  • sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Ever since the Fishing zone was added, capes no longer show while riding mounts. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Everyone has the same issue. It seems to be related to the then promised fix to cloaks standing up on mounted characters and slain NPCs. Some speculate that this was the fix, but it seems unlikely as the didn't change the ones on NPCs. Nothing official has been said.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I don't think they ever said they had a fix for floating fabric on NPCs (their skirts and stuff also float), only cloaks on mounted PCs. Thus, disabling neck visuals while mounted delivers exactly the fix they said they were implementing, in an incredibly sucky and half-arsed fashion.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I can't find it now, but there was at least one comment by a dev that they were trying to fix the cloaks on dead NPCs (like the missing scouts in Cold Run) from flying up into the air as the player approaches. The patch notes from Nov 8 don't go into any specifics, really, but at any rate all I'm saying is that it is unknown whether this is the fix or just another bug.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    That bug is old... been happening on riders dead people and more since forever...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
This discussion has been closed.