test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW Opressor - Add Prone Effect to Icy Terrain.

daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User
Opressor is supposed to be the CC feat tree for CWs.
So I recommend an additional effect to Opressor last feat:
"Icy Terrain now Prones affected targets when cast"

And besides that, this how it works in Pen and Paper Dungeons and Dragons:
Hit: "1d6 + Intelligence modifier cold damage, and the target falls prone."
http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Icy_terrain
Leliana - Healer DC
Leliana C.W. - Opressor CW
Lelian O.P. - Bulwark Paladin

Comments

• juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    It pretty much already does. When the enemies hit 6 stacks of Chill (which doesn't take very long, especially if you combine it with Conduit of Ice on Tab), they become frozen and cannot move or attack. Sounds pretty much like a prone to me.
  • daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Freeze is nullified by Elven Battle. While Prone is not.

A CC specced CW should have access to the best CC tools.
    Right now Almost everything a CW can do is nullified by Elven Battle.
    And we only have 2 prone abilities: Shard of Endless Avalanche (a slow cast, long cool down, weak damage, and hard to use spell) and Maelstrom of Chaos, a Daily.

Right now GFs and TRs have access to much better CC tools than an Opressor CW. And this is imbalanced.

Without a good Prone ability, all we have left is Repel.
    Leliana - Healer DC
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    And everyone cries when you Repel.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I main a CW, I PvP with it, and all I have say is:
    No!
    No!
    No!
    No!
    No!
    No!

Don't ask for buffs when other classes have overperforming skills, so you can match them.
    Repel is already bad enough, and if didn't absolutely have to use it, I would never put any points in it. No. No. No. God, no. No. No. Please, God, no. No. No. No. No.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    daniloslv said:

Opressor is supposed to be the CC feat tree for CWs.
    So I recommend an additional effect to Opressor last feat:
    "Icy Terrain now Prones affected targets when cast"

And besides that, this how it works in Pen and Paper Dungeons and Dragons:
    Hit: "1d6 + Intelligence modifier cold damage, and the target falls prone."
    http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Icy_terrain

"Help my class and build become better in PVP"

- "Sure why not" - says Cryptic
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Cold Damage

Summon and slam down a huge blade of ice into your foe leaving them PRONE, and adding 3 stacks of Chill.

WHich power is this?
    edited December 2016

Cold Damage

Summon and slam down a huge blade of ice into your foe leaving them PRONE, and adding 3 stacks of Chill.

WHich power is this?

I had forgotten about Ice knife and Ice Storm when typing this post. And you are correct, they have Prone effect.
    But Ice storm and Ice Knife are also Daily Skills.

If only I could move my Flail Snail from my OP to my CW... (but bound to character itens is another issue).

The problem I would like to see solved is this:

Be an Opressor CW. Invest all you got into control.
    And have all that work be completely negated by one single item: Transcendent Elven Battle Enchantment.

No single item should be able to completely nullify a whole Class Feat Tree, in this case Opressor CW.

I have suggested many times different kinds of solutions against this. But this issue never gets any traction with the community.

I will still keep trying. But Few people play CC focused characters.

One older solution I had proposed was having some piercing factor to Opressor Control.
    But any kind of piercing effect in Neverwinter is complicated, and prone to bugs.

Here is an older and longer Opressor suggestion I made a long time ago. I still think this is relevant:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1212767/opressor-cw-buff-suggestion

Opressor is in a very very bad place today.

For those that don't know, Opressor is the CW feat tree that focuses on Control.
    It has no DPS. You pick Opressor when you want to CC, but you lose all DPS potential if you pick this tree.

Im ok with that, and it is fair. If we could get something else worth the dps loss.

But it is not the case.

There is 2 main problems with Opressor:
    1) PVE boss fights we are bad. Low DPS and small party buffs.
    2) PVP fights we are completely negated by Elven battle armor enchant.

My suggestion is to boost party buffs and increase our control.
    These feats Im proposing be buffed are 4th column and up. So that the other CWs paths CAN'T take this. This will make it fair because they become Opressor only. If you want these, you will have to give up personal DPS.

Buff boosts:
    1) Cold infusion.
    this a 4th column feat that reduces enemy damage by 5% when afflicted by chill. This is very deep into the Opressor tree and gives nothing. 5% less damage is nothing. A 4th column feat tree should be a good stuff. And for Opressor this is trash.

My proposal is that this becomes a 4% enemy damage reduction per chill stack. So with a max of 6 chill stacks we get a total of 24% enemy damage reduction. And we could actually be useful against Bosses, because the Opressor would help the team take less damage.

2) Glacial movement.
    This feat has a 50% chance to apply an extra chill stack with our at will Ray of Frost. This should be a 100% chance. We depend on chill stacks and building chill stacks faster should be an Opressor thing.

3) Alacrity
    This feat has a chance to reduce cooldowns for 2 skills by 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5. The skills are Entangling Force and Icy Terrain. This is 5th column feat and it is trash.
    This should be changed to reduce cooldowns for ALL control skills. And not only those 2.

4) Controlled Momentum
    This is a 5% dps buff party when using a control skill. This a 5th column feat and is trash. Only 5% party buff?
    This should be buffed to at least 15% party dps Buff.

5) Cap feat: Shatter Strike
    "When you freeze a target they are afflicted by Shattered for 10 seconds. Shattered foes have a chance when taking damage to be stunned for 5 seconds (1 second on players) and take up to 5% of their Max HP in damage (max 300% weapon damage). This effect consumes Shatter. Additionally, your control powers deal 100% of your weapon damage against control immune targets. Additionally, Chill lasts 2.5 seconds longer."

I would change 3 things with this feat. Our main feat. The one that should make us proud to be Opressor:
    a) "Shattered foes have a chance when taking damage to be stunned for 5 seconds (1 second on players) and take up to 5% of their Max HP in damage (max 300% weapon damage)"

The max 300% weapon damage is too low. The Stronghold Orb has 1291-1578 weapon damage at Legendary. 300% weapon damage should be a max of 4700 damage. That is nothing! This weapon damage should work like Lostmauth's set and take advantage of your buffs.

So this part would become 300% weapon damage + any self damage buffs you have (which for an Opressor won't be much, but will help us anyway).

b) "your control powers deal 100% of your weapon damage against control immune targets"
    Again, this is too little! 100% weapon damage would be only 1578 damage against control immune target. We already have very little DPS. Make this work like Lostmauth's set and let this damage be increased by any self damage boosts we have!
    A control imune target should be punished for fighting an Opressor. And this feat would help with that. But the weapon damage should be boosted by any personal dps boosts we may have (just like lostmauth's set).

c) This is an addition suggestion. Add a piercing control factor against non control immune targets to our control powers (Maybe 40% piercing Control).
    Elven battle completely negates our control. We can't do anything against an elven battle user. Can't CC because Elven is almost control immunity and can't kill because Opressor has low DPS. Very low DPS.

Also high deflect builds negate our control. This is wrong. With this piercing control factor, we also could be able to do something against high deflect build users.

If we add a component of piercing control we could do something against them. And also be able to cc a bit high cc resistance mobs (like storm callers in eGWD). Also this would be something that would make us proud to be an Opressor. Yes, we can control! Be control immune or gtfo.

The proposals wouldn't change the system. Would just be necessary buffs to allow us to do our job, support our group via buffs, debuffs and control.
    Leliana - Healer DC
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    CW only has two problems in PvP.

1. Chill stacks falls of way to fast because of Elven Battle. This leads to less damage and control. For all trees.

2. Our need of the shield. Without it we die. With it, we lose out TAB encounter which means loss of DPS and control.

Then we have some bugs:
    Elemental Reinforcement not working with fire encounter
    Glacial Movement does not increases the effectiveness of each rank of Orb of Imposition by 20% (from what i heard)
    Chaotic Nexus does NOT give the 30% additional Armor Penetration for 10 seconds.
    Some spells dont work with Spelltwisting like Ray of Enfeeblement and Icy Rays.

Fixing these things will bring CW to alot better place compared to the other classes.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

1. Chill stacks falls of way to fast because of Elven Battle. This leads to less damage and control. For all trees.

2. Our need of the shield. Without it we die. With it, we lose out TAB encounter which means loss of DPS and control.

Then we have some bugs:
    Glacial Movement does not increases the effectiveness of each rank of Orb of Imposition by 20% (from what i heard)
    Chaotic Nexus does NOT give the 30% additional Armor Penetration for 10 seconds.

Fixing these things will bring CW to alot better place compared to the other classes.

icy rays and ray of effeblement on master they dont affected from spelltwisting.
    just tested my damage increased after fanning the flame cast and on elemental reinforcement icon it was stating fire got 5% increased damage as well.
    ABout glacial movement if it means 20% of 5% =1 % per rank total 4% for this a dev can answer better.
    AND nexus yes doesnt give the penetration:((((((((((((
  • chemodan007chemodan007 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    In one of patchnotes been said about it:
    "If a player has Shatter Strike, then frost/freeze will work with the CD."
    If that is true, it breaks the entire thread "Oppressor".
    Drider
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

Then we have some bugs:

icy rays and ray of effeblement on master they dont affected from spelltwisting.
    just tested my damage increased after fanning the flame cast and on elemental reinforcement icon it was stating fire got 5% increased damage as well.
    ABout glacial movement if it means 20% of 5% =1 % per rank total 4% for this a dev can answer better.
    AND nexus yes doesnt give the penetration:((((((((((((
    I think the icon is there, but it does not really give the damage buff.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    For starters, the capstone stun gets applied while a target is still frozen, so useless capstone FTW. On top of the other piles of salt.
    ghoulz66 said:

For starters, the capstone stun gets applied while a target is still frozen, so useless capstone FTW. On top of the other piles of salt.

This too. There is so much wrong with Opressor.

Devs need to give us some attention.

Leliana - Healer DC
    edited December 2016
    Shater make diffference but yes because of the elven you need teamspeak to take advantage over the shater. with GOOD coordination that stun can make difference.
    I HAVE died on elven battle because a shattered interupt me and then came a prone.
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on