test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Solo Queue Experience (And why it's not the needed solution PvP seeks for)

xsayajinx1xsayajinx1 Member Posts: 1,936 Arc User
edited December 2016 in PvP Discussion
Greetings!

PvP solo Q is up and showed me again in just 9 games which I did this evening why it's no solution for PvP at all!!!

Points are made through "trade caps" - real score 1000-0

This game was a huge vote to kick fest from opposite team until they had some competitive players who went from 900-100 to 1000-395.

The one and only match which went on for a while until enemies gave up. They got just slaugthered anyways. Points was given to them as no one cared about nodes really.

All these matches are done today. Not a single match was a fight till the end... every match one side gave up sooner or later and the trade cap begun (when needed).

Comments

• classicque2classicque2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

As i am almost sure you did it, can you tell us which gear were wearing most of those players when you inspected them??

That's why i'm looking, again, to Black Ice sets to have a new and REAL update (sadly, they took half of my "upgrade" suggestion back in the days and turned it into purple but 0 stat update... :( ) : to allow undergeared players to gear themselves up to fight geared chars, even if those undergeared players lack most of campaign boons .

@panderus , what do you think about it? Don't you think that would be nice for newcomers to have a chance to get a really decent PvP gear set throught PvE [let's say 4k of black ice per piece + 15k to create it + 2k to empower it into "BiS" ranks]?? BTW, Panderus, what do you think about removing AD reward from PvP and grant it to other PvE zones?

Indeed very good idea.
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Last night, a well-known group of 5 players decided to queue-sync their premade into solo queue to beat up on low-level, zero tenacity gear randoms.

These are the same guys who got smashed last solo queue event.

Solo queue certainly isn't the solution and its already being exploited.
  • goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User

clonkyo1 said:

As i am almost sure you did it, can you tell us which gear were wearing most of those players when you inspected them??

That's why i'm looking, again, to Black Ice sets to have a new and REAL update (sadly, they took half of my "upgrade" suggestion back in the days and turned it into purple but 0 stat update... :( ) : to allow undergeared players to gear themselves up to fight geared chars, even if those undergeared players lack most of campaign boons .

@panderus , what do you think about it? Don't you think that would be nice for newcomers to have a chance to get a really decent PvP gear set throught PvE [let's say 4k of black ice per piece + 15k to create it + 2k to empower it into "BiS" ranks]?? BTW, Panderus, what do you think about removing AD reward from PvP and grant it to other PvE zones?

Indeed very good idea.
    It IS a good idea... but i'm sorry to say that it won't happen. The recent removal of the legacy sets was excused by "we never indented for ANY gear to be relevant for any length of time..."

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    d4rkh0rs3 wrote: »
    Last night, a well-known group of 5 players decided to queue-sync their premade into solo queue to beat up on low-level, zero tenacity gear randoms.

These are the same guys who got smashed last solo queue event.

Solo queue certainly isn't the solution and its already being exploited.

This absolutely has to be addressed before any competitive system is attached to the queue.​​
  • goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

It IS a good idea... but i'm sorry to say that it won't happen. The recent removal of the legacy sets was excused by "we never indented for ANY gear to be relevant for any length of time..."

Legacy bonuss sets should have been removed at mod 6 release. Maintaining them all this time was a HUGE mistake.
    I agree. It was a mistake. One reason why it was bad is because the devs could not get real numbers when they look at how players perform. I am afraid that the reasons to remove/nerf legacy gear will be used to excuse leaving Black Ice Gear as it is.

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    I think this is largely a PC issue. Ive only had one game that was like 1000-100 most games go to around 1000-250 or to 1000-750. But if they keep solo que permanently they need to make it so you have a much harder time to get guildies or friends on your team.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • jetsmillionjetsmillion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    It would really help if the queue actually tried to balance the two parties. Another thing that would really help is if there were gear score divisions for level 70 like there are level divisions. Players with less then 2k gear should not be fighting in the same match as those around 4k gear.

It is really messed up when one person can slaughter everyone on the other team in two seconds
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    The one thing that surprises me here is that @xsayajinx1 was on the losing side in 2 or 3 of these. He's a one-man wrecking crew. Having said that, I haven't been in one match that the losing team didn't get at least 500 in. I've seen 0 amount of "trading caps"

That doesn't mean every match was skillful. Plenty of off-node fighting for the sake of K/D rations or just to get ya-ya's out. One team will get ahead and then just start chasing enemy players--while the enemy starts capping.

But I haven't played it a ton, I'm tired of their information gathering. I think they are just going to continue treating this as an event, like Double Shenanigan Vouchers Weekend. No real effort of improving PVP on any level.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I enjoyed the first soloQ event. I'd just spent a tonne of gold and ad getting my mod 9 trapper pve build back into pvp shape with a high crit combat build. Then ofc. the piercing blade nerf campaign started up, and I had complete strangers in PvP calling me all kinds of names for running a bug/exploit build.

Same guys ofc. running with drains and ambush.

I think that just ended it for me. PvP has always attracted the meh, "more competitive" element is probably the nicest way to put it. HAMSTER HAMSTER is more realistic, but inevitably moderated. I got my prestige gear, then just gave up. Haven't been in a match for a month perhaps, even the repeated soloQ events haven't tempted me, and I just traded my trans elven for rnk12 bondings. Couldn't realistically go back into competitive pvp even if I wanted to.

I get it I suppose. I'm old, and have built my toon up from mod2. The only thing I don't have is a legendary lion. And I've always been 50/50 pve/pvp. There are, or increasingly were, people and guilds 100% pvp focussed. The hours, days, months and years they've put into their toons, the money... I'm not surprised they are devastated by what pvp has become, and not surprised that some of the pvp crowd have decided to wring the last gasps of fun out of the pvp system by whatever means they please. Q Sync, whatever.

I wonder to what degree they are entitled to do so..? They have certainly paid their dues.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    jonkoca said:

Haven't been in a match for a month perhaps, even the repeated soloQ events haven't tempted me, and I just traded my trans elven for rnk12 bondings. Couldn't realistically go back into competitive pvp even if I wanted to.

I had wondered, in another thread, why you didn't list PVP in your list of dailies. Sorry that folks were blaming you for piercing as though you invented it. Even with the tonedown, I get wiped by HRs all the time. They drop AOE's in the middle of my combat with just about any other class--and I'm gone.
  • nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    My experience of the solo Q has been very similar to @xsayajinx1 . Every single time.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    They just need to create default character setting for pvp. Maybe the only options you have are weapon and armor enchantments, feats and powers. Everything else is standard for each character of a particular class.

Obviously it will never happen due to the $$$ that pvp brings. But having standard loadouts would allow for better balancing in pvp. More actual player versus player gameplay.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    What I was trying to say was there are too many variable in pvp to balance. Between boons, weapon and armor enchantsments, mount bonuses, insignia bonuses, artifact weapon bonuses and etc...too many thing that determine how a fight start and ends. Most would have to be excluded from pvp to balance it. It should really come down to player skill and group composition not gear and boons.

It's also not in Cryptic's business model to create balance in pvp or pve. It's all about flavor of the month classes and broken/unbalanced aspects of the game. Just my opinion though.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta