test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SOLO QUE IS TRASH

kaithedragonbornkaithedragonborn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Ok DEVs, solo que could be awesome if you incorporated a que system for PVP Solo que just like you do for dungeons. Meaning the teams should be put together with certain 3 dps, 1 heals, 1 GF or pally and there should be a TENACITY minimum requirement to que. Nothing we worse then the last solo que period when the majority of game I found my self teamed with scrubs with no tenacity dying like lemmings and having no chance to win. Or queing up and seeing how the que is exploited to allow 1 team to have all there guild on 1 team and my team with me and the anti-tenacity PVP revolution team. Fix solo so it's fair and then I would be awesome until then is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, let's watch again as HRs go 40-0 in a single game or over powered GF have a field day. 5 days?

Comments

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Solo que is amazing for pugs trying not to get slaughtered by premades all day. But yes you shouldn't be able to que sync it. That is actually pretty pathetic.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    How about a CTF game mode instead of nodes?

Something new may be a better solution than rehashing the same dom format over and over.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User

Ok DEVs, solo que could be awesome if you incorporated a que system for PVP Solo que just like you do for dungeons. Meaning the teams should be put together with certain 3 dps, 1 heals, 1 GF or pally and there should be a TENACITY minimum requirement to que. Nothing we worse then the last solo que period when the majority of game I found my self teamed with scrubs with no tenacity dying like lemmings and having no chance to win. Or queing up and seeing how the que is exploited to allow 1 team to have all there guild on 1 team and my team with me and the anti-tenacity PVP revolution team. Fix solo so it's fair and then I would be awesome until then is HAMSTER, let's watch again as HRs go 40-0 in a single game or over powered GF have a field day. 5 days?

What you basically say is that soloQ does not fix everything. Which is true. But indylol also explained very well what's soloQ aim. To get rid of one issue and allow more balanced matches. Which does not mean full balance (class balance and gear gap).
    There are already suggestions about tenacity. The best one is to make it an attribute for all players, not coming from gear. But what a normal player can basically do right now is to farm in PvE the guild PvP armor set and then use it to go PvP and farm glory for grym and then prestige. The point is that fixing gear gap/ boons gap/ exc...requires time. SoloQ allows usually for better TEAM balance. If there's a bug/ issue that pairs friends/ guildies in matchmaking, it must also be addressed or it's not much different from premades.
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    "anti-tenacity PVP revolution team"
    This should be a guild name.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User

Ok DEVs, solo que could be awesome if you incorporated a que system for PVP Solo que just like you do for dungeons. Meaning the teams should be put together with certain 3 dps, 1 heals, 1 GF or pally and there should be a TENACITY minimum requirement to que. Nothing we worse then the last solo que period when the majority of game I found my self teamed with scrubs with no tenacity dying like lemmings and having no chance to win. Or queing up and seeing how the que is exploited to allow 1 team to have all there guild on 1 team and my team with me and the anti-tenacity PVP revolution team. Fix solo so it's fair and then I would be awesome until then is HAMSTER, let's watch again as HRs go 40-0 in a single game or over powered GF have a field day. 5 days?

Wholeheartedly agree with the OP.

I was a long time advocate for SOLO, fought a long fight and sometimes even had to suffer the consequences for my stubbornness and even i can't believe that i say it is HAMSTER as it is.

I see two major problems:

1. As good as SOLO Q is, it has shown us now after a few tries, it needs additional work, just putting it on the calendar won't help the PVP community grow. The matchmaking can be played, the AD leeches still come, the bots still show up, the gear gap is still there, no minimum tenacity gear makes even a 4k PVE player a joke and easy kill for a 2.6k PVP geared toon and etc.

2. I lost all faith in humanity, sorry but many are so silly, they can't see the wood from the tree, they come into PVP SOLO-, which is still PVP- without any sort of gear and at the end they will ruin the metrics Cryptic gathers here.

It is a huge fail by now. Anybody seeing at the waiting times knows this, it gets longer and longer the more people realize they can be easily the victim of the accumulated problems as in Point 1.

At the end, we players will make it fail, cause many in the community can't act mature and use some common sense. If this was RL most would make a bad joke out of themselves by going out naked to work. Yes i laugh too- well ironically-, but this is SOLO- now.

I may come from the moon, but whenever i made a new toon, i waited, gathered my boons, my gear and never entered PVP naked or with just 2K. Is it really so hard to wait a few weeks or months and only then join the fight. Would you put your kid against a fully trained gladiator? Of course not and PVP is exactly the same, many put their babies, their toons naked into the arena. Are people masochists, do they like to be slaughtered in masses? Shakes head.

Sad fact, if you try to educate people about nodes, gear, caps you get yelled back, it is impossible to teach adults.

For starters Cryptic should include an IL and Tenacity minimum requirement at the entrance, same as in PVE.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• kaithedragonbornkaithedragonborn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Again same old BS solo que trash all day, queing exclusively with my alt DC now, as again today the teams I faced today were all sniping the solo que, so I ended up against a PRE-MADE in solo QUE???? And the worst part is I end up with the worst DOM has to offer on my team. A freaking 1100 item level with only 1 green artifact?. Or I get a matched with scrubs who just run from cap to cap to just trying to get there dailiy diamonds and don't care about winning at all!!!! FQ SOLO QUE up the Hamster!!!!! Fix it DEVs it should have minimum tenacity level to join, or how about adding a tenacity solo que, and a no tenacity solo que, or FQIT add a no tenacity DOM and a tenacity DOM, that way the scrubs can dom with the scrubs and the serious PVP player can have decent matches FQ!!!!!!
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @trentbail21 we had some sweethearts last night premade queue syncing into solo queue to pug smash 1k ilvl players with no tenacity.

These guys are afraid to solo queue without their friends... And it wasn't just one other friend, it was an entire 5-man premade. Check my recent xbox screenshots. :)

Solo queue should be for those wanting to solo queue, not for 5-man premades to queue sync and beat up on helpless players.
  • goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User

I was a long time advocate for SOLO, fought a long fight and sometimes even had to suffer the consequences for my stubbornness and even i can't believe that i say it is HAMSTER as it is.

1. As good as SOLO Q is, it has shown us now after a few tries, it needs additional work, just putting it on the calendar won't help the PVP community grow. The matchmaking can be played, the AD leeches still come, the bots still show up, the gear gap is still there, no minimum tenacity gear makes even a 4k PVE player a joke and easy kill for a 2.6k PVP geared toon and etc.

2. I lost all faith in humanity, sorry but many are so silly, they can't see the wood from the tree, they come into PVP SOLO-, which is still PVP- without any sort of gear and at the end they will ruin the metrics Cryptic gathers here.

It is a huge fail by now. Anybody seeing at the waiting times knows this, it gets longer and longer the more people realize they can be easily the victim of the accumulated problems as in Point 1.

At the end, we players will make it fail, cause many in the community can't act mature and use some common sense. If this was RL most would make a bad joke out of themselves by going out naked to work. Yes i laugh too- well ironically-, but this is SOLO- now.

I may come from the moon, but whenever i made a new toon, i waited, gathered my boons, my gear and never entered PVP naked or with just 2K. Is it really so hard to wait a few weeks or months and only then join the fight. Would you put your kid against a fully trained gladiator? Of course not and PVP is exactly the same, many put their babies, their toons naked into the arena. Are people masochists, do they like to be slaughtered in masses? Shakes head.

Sad fact, if you try to educate people about nodes, gear, caps you get yelled back, it is impossible to teach adults.

For starters Cryptic should include an IL and Tenacity minimum requirement at the entrance, same as in PVE.
    What is the minimum tenacity that a player should have before they are allowed to enter the PvP arena & walk with the elite "PvP Gawds"? Oh, & by the way, how does a player get PvP gearz again... don't they have to collect some game currency? One that ONLY drops in PvP? I think you need to go back & re-consider this (",)
    clonkyo1 said:

d4rkh0rs3 said:

Solo queue should be for those wanting to solo queue, not for 5-man premades to queue sync and beat up on helpless players.

Hope that certain player doesn't come up here and state that this is false... because last time i tried SoloQ, it happened to me too with a 3-man premade yet we won thanks to me and other 3k player whom knew "what to do"
    Does Q-sync happen? Sure. Is it a despicable, cowardly act? Of course. How often does it happen in solo-Q, versus mixed-Q? My experience is about 50/50 in solo-Q, versus 9/10 in mixed-Q. The fact that you cannot, or will not, understand that 50% chance of getting stomped, versus 90% chance of getting stomped is BETTER for the vast majority of players, only proves that you are too biased for anyone to take your opinion seriously. oh, by the way, I am NOT saying solo-Q is the solution to PvP. There are SO many problems that no one thing will fix it. But the devs have been working on class balance for 9 months now. They have gotten 3 out of 7 classes done so far. I for one do NOT want to wait 18 months or 2 years to enjoy PvP. The new mod proves that the gear gap is only going to get larger. I don't want to wait the 6 months or 9 months or whatever till I can farm the bestest NEW gear to enjoy PvP. But I CAN have a solo-Q, today, where I have a 50/50 chance of getting a good fight. & I am willing to settle for that until the devs stop sitting on their brains & actually fix the MANY problems with PvP. " Do not let the Perfect be the Enemy of the Good. "

• pjohnny1pjohnny1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Never posted before but figured I would give my opinion on solo que. From my experience solo ques is a improvement in that I get more than 1 out of 10 competive matches. Noticed most of the PMs that play are still always together in matches. Although there are some players that normally PM that are running solo , and give them credit for having a pair.

Someone mentioned that players shouldn't que without tenacity gear . How exactly are they suppose to gear up if they don't have the cash to buy the gear ? They could buy the blue stronghold gear but lets be honest that is not going to help them much. Tenacity is not the problem abilities and armor penetration rendering it useless is.

I would say a bolstering system like alot of other mmo's would help but the truth is would not . Class balance is the biggest problem in this game . You have GF's charge prone dazed 1 rotating players , TR running SE builds 1 shotting players ( don't blame them only viable build ), HR's with piercing ignoring armor and tenacity . There are many more abilities that need to be looked at with all the classes . The 2nd problem I see is no diminishing return in this game and items such as EB making control abilities useless. Lol can't think of a game developer with a more lazy solution to a problem or greedy for that matter .

I have only played since July and play a 3k pvp geared CW , just wanted to let anyone know my view point character wise.
    clonkyo1 said:

Does Q-sync happen? Sure. Is it a despicable, cowardly act? Of course. How often does it happen in solo-Q, versus mixed-Q? My experience is about 50/50 in solo-Q,

Mine is like 70%... anyway, i won some of those matches but lost majority of them because of my team mates, not due "SoloQ premades".

and Thats why im avocating to upgrade and update black ice sets into "BiS ranks" (not bis levels). So, what do you think is a better option: leave SoloQ or give newcomers a chance to get an almost BiS set without being slaughtered until devs decide to fix PvP??
    Both. I think solo-Q needs to be made "permanent" ... UNTIL the devs finish the class balance project in 6 - 9 months and/or adjust the gear gap. I would LOVE to see Black Ice Gear made better. Equal to any of the other _end-game_ gear. I don't think it will happen. A week or 2 ago the devs nerfed the Legacy gear sets from mods 2 - 7/8. They said that "old gear was never supposed to perform at the same level as new gear sets." If you want to push for Black Ice Gear updates, I will help you. I am afraid it is a waste of time but I am willing to try.

Saying that because gear gap still exists, or class balance is not finished yet, so we should not have anything that makes PvP better for most players is wrong. You are chasing a perfect situation, that is probably months away. If not years. PvP may never be perfect. But we have a good situation now. Solo-Q is a good situation & you are wasting an opportunity by fighting so hard against it.

Now, you say you lost some matches because of your team. I understand that. What you have to ask yourself is, "When did these players have an opportunity to learn how to PvP?" Never. Under- 60 lvl pvp is mostly bots. Heck, I have a lvl 65 OP alt that still finds more bots than teams in PvP. Then players hit lvl 70 & Bam! Pug-stomp! How are new lvl 70 players supposed to learn to PvP if all they do is get one-shot to death as soon as they come down from the campfire? And you are upset because they don't know how to play? That is an unrealistic expectation.

• pjohnny1pjohnny1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Forgot to say play on xbox

Where did you get that number 50/50 chance for solo Q event? Because it's completely different for the majority who pvpees... just saying.

I said that that is my experience. I'll quote the whole thing below. Before the devs started solo-Q, I met an evenly matched team about one in 10 matches. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. So I may have to fight 20 matches to get one win. This is my experience with mixed-Q. Since solo-Q I win about every other match. sometimes I meet the same players in the enemy team over & over. Sometimes I lose 3 - 4 in a row, Then I wait & watch until those players are busy in a match & try again. Sometimes I win 3 -4 in a row. That is my experience.

"Does Q-sync happen? Sure. Is it a despicable, cowardly act? Of course. How often does it happen in solo-Q, versus mixed-Q? My experience is about 50/50 in solo-Q, versus 9/10 in mixed-Q. The fact that you cannot, or will not, understand that 50% chance of getting stomped, versus 90% chance of getting stomped is BETTER for the vast majority of players, only proves that you are too biased for anyone to take your opinion seriously. oh, by the way, I am NOT saying solo-Q is the solution to PvP. There are SO many problems that no one thing will fix it. But the devs have been working on class balance for 9 months now. They have gotten 3 out of 7 classes done so far. I for one do NOT want to wait 18 months or 2 years to enjoy PvP. The new mod proves that the gear gap is only going to get larger. I don't want to wait the 6 months or 9 months or whatever till I can farm the bestest NEW gear to enjoy PvP. But I CAN have a solo-Q, today, where I have a 50/50 chance of getting a good fight. & I am willing to settle for that until the devs stop sitting on their brains & actually fix the MANY problems with PvP. " Do not let the Perfect be the Enemy of the Good. " "

What is the minimum tenacity that a player should have before they are allowed to enter the PvP arena & walk with the elite "PvP Gawds"? Oh, & by the way, how does a player get PvP gearz again... don't they have to collect some game currency? One that ONLY drops in PvP? I think you need to go back & re-consider this (",)
    The minimum tenacity should not be calculated by me, but by the Devs, they got the metrics on matches.

Tenacity gear can be found in AH, trade bar store (no need to spend cash, they can be collected from VIP) and from Guild Marks.

But i agree, as i have written my heart bleeds maybe 10 times more, cause erm i suffered a lot for having SOLO back and when i have it on sadly this time i have to say it is not the solution we all waited for. It was great the first few times, but it reached the point where it is heavily exploited by various groups, be it premades or AD leeches. I had to come to the conclusion, while it is great it needs additional work.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

edited December 2016
    pjohnny1 said:

The 2nd problem I see is no diminishing return in this game and items such as EB making control abilities useless.

This, we would need hard caps back, especially on 3 stats, which ruin PVP currently, that is 1. Power, 2.Recovery. 3. Arm pen. Nobody who is not BiS and is not part of a rank 20 PVP guild will ever be able to compete on the same level as they do and sadly it allows for troll builds.

As a side note said thing happens in PVE too, where bondings ruin every content and Devs took the easy root, designing all content around them, very bad idea.

Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited December 2016

The minimum tenacity should not be calculated by me, but by the Devs, they got the metrics on matches.

Tenacity gear can be found in AH, trade bar store (no need to spend cash, they can be collected from VIP) and from Guild Marks.

But i agree, as i have written my heart bleeds maybe 10 times more, cause erm i suffered a lot for having SOLO back and when i have it on sadly this time i have to say it is not the solution we all waited for. It was great the first few times, but it reached the point where it is heavily exploited by various groups, be it premades or AD leeches. I had to come to the conclusion, while it is great it needs additional work.
    You saying you get trade bars from VIP or get pvp gear from VIP and that VIP is free? Think you need to look at the VIP Program again. I have yet to get tradebars from it maybe I am not doing it right lol. It also cost me as well. Maybe another thing I am doing wrong. I do get a KEY a day but the small amount of tradebars it would take forever to get enough to amount anything. Still the keys DO cost as VIP DOES cost. The tradebars is from the lockboxes not from VIP.
    edited December 2016

You saying you get trade bars from VIP or get pvp gear from VIP and that VIP is free? Think you need to look at the VIP Program again. I have yet to get tradebars from it maybe I am not doing it right lol. It also cost me as well. Maybe another thing I am doing wrong. I do get a KEY a day but the small amount of tradebars it would take forever to get enough to amount anything. Still the keys DO cost as VIP DOES cost. The tradebars is from the lockboxes not from VIP.
    Ok, once again i am not a native English speaker, but as i see, you aren't either and you must watch my words more carefully, cause as it seems you have misunderstood my sentences.

1. VIP gives from rank 1 a daily lockbox key and by opening it, you get trade bars and if you haven't found any yet, you need to turn to CS cause there might be something wrong, but first i would look in the wealth tab in your bag. Sure everything can happen, but i never saw or heard of anybody who has VIP to not get a single piece of trade bar.

2. Yes VIP can be bought with real life cash as well, i do it too mostly, but it also can be bought in-game via ZAX conversion.

3. Grim gear cost very little and we have reoccurring events, when the trade bar store has discounts, but VIP also gives discount after a while on many items. AH PVP gear is even cheaper and Stronghold PVP gear is a breeze to get.

My experience with people, who dodge the tenacity gear question is, they pretend, they can't get basic pvp gear free from game and we have to bare with them for ever and swallow, that they ruin the party's chance to win, cause of them running around half naked. The clear answer is no, there are more options to get basic PVP gear and work one's way up from there.

Just an example, i have a guy on screenshot, who had all his artifacts green, rank 1, zero enchants, but already 3 pieces of the BiS Prestige gear, now imagine, how many innocent souls he leeched on to get them. I just say shame on those people, they aren't better than the premades who play the Q and come to solo.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

@trentbail21 we had some sweethearts last night premade queue syncing into solo queue to pug smash 1k ilvl players with no tenacity.

These guys are afraid to solo queue without their friends... And it wasn't just one other friend, it was an entire 5-man premade. Check my recent xbox screenshots. :)

Totally agree with the q sync stuff that is stupid im sure they could apply some kind of balance and checks to stop it if they wanted to.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • kaithedragonbornkaithedragonborn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Solo que is killing real PVP, most people aren't even playing Neverwinter ever since this BS dropped. I'm for SOLO que is they fix it and make it fair and I'm not getting a PREMADE every time I SOLO que and it's the same usual crew 2 HRs, 2TRs and a GF or DC all que synchronizing and make DOM trash for the next 4 days. Thank DEVs your killing the game.
  • flameragonflameragon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    null
    [PS4] I believe that Solo Q is better than facing a full fledge premade. There are class balances that should be In place, like the combat Hr or the 1 shot Tr or the unkillable/lil dmg OP but aside from that if you are planning to raise your KD it's the place to be. Tenacity requirement should also be a thing I dislike having a team that runs in and gets 1 shot because they don't understand the need for tenacity or know about tenacity. I haven't seen a planned synch premade crew because there is little point to that unless you want to pug stomp which I'm not sure how the matchmaking is done. I'm high enough to carry some noobs but if they are all 1k - 2k il with no tenacity..I play to survive, winning is second priority.
  • nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

Yeah, that kinda sucked. Tbh though, I had a field day stomping on players that I know always run in pre made, that ventured into solo q. I'm assuming it was by way of failed queue synch? I'm targeting players specifically for all the grief they put the community through with their troll-y pug stomping friends. I've waited at campfires just to spawn trap a single player that I felt was toxic. Btw this is Botis. Good seeing you in Dom this weekend, ran into you a few times.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Dude... the best pvp gear is prestige and it's not gated behind strongholds. Guilds have lost all value now, besides boons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @nickjdowe sup dude! Good to see ya too. Yes, in the previous solo queue event, many of the players you regularly find only in a 5-man premade legitimately solo queued. They got* their you-know-what handed to them so badly (because they are terrible 1v1 when another person is not CCing or CBing for them) that they now only solo queue if they queue sync with their premade. Just tonight an entire 'well-known' guild was queue syncing.

Very toxic when these guys do this to beat up on low ilvls with 3 artifacts and minimal (if any) tenacity to feel good about themselves--and they dont even let them cap, LOL! Solo queue MLG BRAH
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited December 2016

@nickjdowe sup dude! Good to see ya too. Yes, in the previous solo queue event, many of the players you regularly find only in a 5-man premade legitimately solo queued. They got* their you-know-what handed to them so badly (because they are terrible 1v1 when another person is not CCing or CBing for them) that they now only solo queue if they queue sync with their premade. Just tonight an entire 'well-known' guild was queue syncing.

Very toxic when these guys do this to beat up on low ilvls with 3 artifacts and minimal (if any) tenacity to feel good about themselves--and they dont even let them cap, LOL! Solo queue MLG BRAH

Revenge is best served cold as the saying goes.

However most of these full premade players are far from being unskilled they just are not used to being targeted 3-1 without support that do not make them bad everybody goes down when faced 3-1 by equally geared players (well except pesky tr and gwfs that just run away).

And don´t forget to give credit to those that actually fight against odds for their party, I have been somewhat surprised to see some of them fight both fairly and fiercely for their team.

Nevertheless some gets whats coming but those that act well should not be forgotten....