test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whats the current population like these days?

xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
Cheers everyone. Haven't played in a few years. had many level 60s back in the day. Just curious if the population still makes pvp and pve stuff pretty fun? Dungeons used to be a blast with the fotm's after each patch cycle. What is the state of the union these days? Thanks!
Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR

Comments

• forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Population is probably a bit lower than when you left, bit still at a decent level.
    PvP.. Uhm.. I can sometimes play 3-4 matches, with up to half the players, all solo queued, being in all those matches.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Unless you are in a PvP guild or at least have a BiS (or nearly so) toon - don't bother queueing for pvp (unless they have the solo queue event going). It's not fun.

If you felt Sharandar and Dread Ring and IWD (not sure when you left) to be a bit too much of a grind - there are now new campaigns each of which require a grind exponentially more frustrating. It's not fun.

As always, if you want to play with people you like, join a guild that fits your playstyle. It will change the "not fun" to "at least a little bit fun"
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Aye, queueing for PvP with a fresh level 70 character is an eye opener, or maybe induces confusion as to how the devs could possibly be stupid enough to let the power creep go this far.

However, if you take it for what it is, usually a bunch of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :p and use those "waiting for the match to end" moments in duels with people of equal gear/power level, you can still have a lot of fun with it.

As for campaigns. Yes, there are many, and lots of grinding to be done, but like I would advice any returned player/newcomer, don't try to consume too much. Uhm, not sure how to say it in english, but.. "thread the waters lightly"?

It's a game. Try to have fun with what it is, and don't let the progression wall you'll eventually meet demotivate you too much.
    Keep this in mind, and live by it, and the game can be real fun.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Its the same on pve.. power creep is out of hand there as well.. but whatever at this point.

PVP is all but dead, unless you focus one toon as max as you can get it.. otherwise, its you will not compete really.

server population, is about 40-50% less then it was when you left probably, due to mod 6 and following. Its "ok" normally enough people to run things.. excempt no one is running dungeons atm anyways.. as the rewards are far less then if you fish or run HEs.. so its a ghosttown in running group content, outside of the new trial anyways.

• xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    wow.. thanks everyone for the feedback.. truly makes me a bit sad. I left right before IWD so sharandar and dread ring was pretty much a way of life for me.
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • thecrowleythecrowley Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I asked the same question just now as well, I got bored with BDO after the umpteenth try and thought I might check out Neverwinter again.

I quit back in Feb after doing all the raids and dungeons and wanting to get back into pvp but it made me sad to know I had months of grinding ahead of me before I could actually participate... I was hoping it'd be fixed by now especially since they've got the console versions but they obviously don't care...

It's really sad, PvP was pretty darn fun at launch and you could always get some games in whenever you felt like.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Then you left at the right time. From a creative standpoint the game effectively ended with M2 (Dread Ring). That's not to say there hasn't been some cool stuff since then - there has - but nothing I would consider creative. They've never had a cohesive story since killing off Valindra - it's just a hodgepoge of random dialog no one really pays attention to (for good reason).