test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anvil of Doom or Commander's Strike?

2»

Comments

• grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    wow im shocked so few mentioned kneebreaker when its our strongest single target encounter (though commander can get up to kneebreaker depending on the composition, but the majority of the time knee breaker does more)

This is just a snippet of a Msva pug that failed half way through, but i recorded at beginning of boss fight (when i switch to single target tanking, using commander, ITF, Kneebreaker.)

What is great about knee breaker is it also procs crushing pin, so I like to use it alongside crescendo when bosses does not attack me directly and won't proc from guarded assault.)

EDIT: Just realised why commander might be better for less geared or those who choose recovery over crit. Since commander's strike's procs do not crit (it seems), commanders may do more than kneebreaker for others.
    Post edited by grimah on
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @grimah Thanks for the data. I appreciate that you always back up your advice with objective evidence.
    Will have to take another look at knee breaker for solo work on all of my GF builds.

Disclaimer: No Tact expertise or testing claimed here, just 3 years of general GF experienced. My main is one of those rare, unglamorous (yet highly effective, IMHO) Bowser IV debuffer/mitigators. My support bias is disclosed.

Please put this follow-up question in the context of OP's original qualifier, "best for a tactician". Assuming whole party augmentation is the role of the tactician, notpersonal DPS. On a DPS conq, sure, you make a compelling argument for KBreaker. But neither KBreaker nor AoD do anything for our teammates.

So respectfully, @grimah , do you think KBreaker is the best choice specifically for a tactician?

Edit: Damn autospeller.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    well kneebreaker procing crushing pin is better, than 10% for next encounter. However... if they are effected by crushing pin already then commander's strike is better.

Just because im Conqueror it doesn't mean I'm not focused to debuffing/buffing as much as you are. I just do more damage and do not generate AP when I get hurt.

Both are good. That is why I use them both :)

But if i choose one over the other it would be Kneebreaker, because I use this + crescendo to proc crushing pin (and do damage) when the boss isn't hitting my shield, which is surprisingly low, even Hati has many moments when it will not attack you. And svardborg will only hit you with 3 ibs then go to doing nothing bar the special attack, (but i use both CS/KB in there).

It's really hard to gauge which one boosts party damage overall against each other so I think its best to use your own judgement on this.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    I haven't tested KB proccing CP since mod9, but at least then CP would only be active for 3 seconds, not the entire slow duration of KB. This test was only done on bosses (including DF dragons), who usually are CC immune, so it could behave differently on CC friendly targets.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!