test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rising Defense/Deflect for GR: Are they effective?

arashjamarashjam Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited December 2016 in The Guard Barracks
I was wondering if Rising Defense or Deflect Rings are worth it at all. You get the benefit only when you are hit by a foe and it lasts 4 seconds (it stacks up to 10 times). Now, if you are 3k+ GF, your standing still DR is high enough that you don't have a problem tanking the usual content. The more challenging one is Orcus (haven't done FBI, won't do mod 10, 10.5) and Orcus (and most of other bosses) hits pretty slowly. That means you cannot get the stacks up at all. The most you can have is 2 stacks and before you get the third, the first 4 seconds is gone.

So basically, it seems these rings only give you at most 230 (on +4 rings) stats. You can have a Adamant Ring of Recovery and get 394 Power and 394 Recovery instead of that. What are your thoughts?
All is lost.

Comments

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Our test group are split on this. My data show greater average defense boost from sudden then rising.

Defense vs deflect s a completely different topic covered in several recent threads which you should read. In sum, defense is universally better than deflect for most GFs. Some protector builds like Bowser IV use deflect with success, but even they value defense higher... and sudden over rising.

Edit: clarified context
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.