test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hi, other than dailies? and dailies? and dailies? and dailies?

So with out trying to sound like a massive troll, if i have no interest in doing dailies,HE,dragon flight,skirmish,or the same dungeons... that i have done over 100 times each....
what is there left to do in the game, you know for 'fun'?

I looked into crafting but all my friends can craft anything i could ever want, so i wouldn't need to personally max craft everything. If i want to pvp i will play league of legends...

i guess what im trying to ask, once you have collected all your boons, and any gear you want, including companions, what else is there to do, or am i just finished? As a side note, i do not have the new artifact weapon, but unfortunately to me, grinding it, is not fun. The time lock grind, that every campaign requires, is just a time investment, and i understand the purpose. The problem being, this is not fun. This more feels like work, to a non casual gamer, i feel that not completing my list of dailies if i am logged in is terrible ineffective and not efficient, so personally if i am going to play on any given day, i have to complete x, and y daily quests, that ive already done before multiple times in order to achieve z goal. This to me creates an atmosphere that feels more like a work situation, rather than, having fun.

So what else is there besides the daily grind, and to be honest, even HE/skirm/dungeons/DF can all be combined into this category to me because they are all things that you must repeat for basically a month to two months straight, to complete.

So since dailies are not fun for me does this simply mean Neverwinter is not the game for me?

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    This is how I feel too.
    Things just don't feel right here anymore.
    There is too much power with bondings.
    There is too much repetition of kill this or gather that.
    Pvp would be nice but guild boons and power creep destroyed it.
    Open Pvp was nice but companions guild boons and power creep killed it.
    I won't even say anything about mount insignias ...
    Did I mention I dislike fishing...?
    Fishing reminds me of pokemon go, but without all the walking/driving
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • martolly#9640 martolly Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Literally if there was not the dailies, which again as stated above, i feel everything in the game falls into this category... where is the fun part... whats left..

pvp is not remotely competitive or skill involved... :[ literally all that matters is your gear, and boons has nothing to do with anything the actual player is inputting into keyboard/mouse.

i guess it really being genuine it boils down to the fact that, i dont ever want to do another daily related feeling objective ever again.
    its just like why...
    to do another daily tomorrow...
    for what...
    to get the boons, and gear, but..what happens when you have it... what reason do you have then...

theres like nothing else.. i dunno maybe im just figuring out that the 'end game' being only dailies is not meant for me..

im whining a lot sorry.
  • lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @ martolly:
    I have been playing pvp since the release of this game. PVP is quite skill dependent, a lot more in this mmo than in others i have played actually. Though its a bit different between classes, some require more skill than others. I have rather easily owned 4k+ HRs in the past with my 4k GF, yet got my HAMSTER handed to me by a 3,3k HR from EOA several times in a row 1 vs 1, just as one example. If you want to be really good, you need to be fully aware what your class can do as well as your opponents, up to the point where you get a feeling about the lenght of the cooldowns of your opponents skills. Also you need to learn how to move well, in and outside of a fight, to be there where you are needed. All skills that dont come over night.

I had once someone in the guild who put, id guess, around 2000 € into this game. He basically made his char from zero to BIS at a time i still had a long way to go to reach that point. But he was really terrible in pvp, or pve for that matter.

Now to your original question, i am in the same boat as you. Right now i invest a bit time to get the new weapon set on one char. One answer i have found against boredom is earning AD, which, as a nice side effect, massively lessens the grind. I once set myself the goal to reach 100 mio AD. Right now its 200 mio AD. I treat this game nowadays more as a economic simulation than an action based mmorpg, which is kinda sad, as it has been different in the past.
    Post edited by lonewolfmk1 on
  • martolly#9640 martolly Member Posts: 7 Arc User

@ martolly:
    I have been playing pvp since the release of this game. PVP is quite skill dependent, a lot more in this mmo than in others i have played actually. Though it chances a bit between classes. I have rather easily owned 4k+ HRs in the past with my 4k GF, yet got my HAMSTER handed to me by a 3,3k HR from EOA several times in a row 1 vs 1, just as one example. If you want to be really good, you need to be fully aware what your class can do as well as your opponents, up to the point where you get a feeling about the lenght of the cooldowns of your opponents skills. Also you need to learn how to move well, in and outside of a fight, to be there where you are needed. All skills that dont come over night.

I had once someone in the guild who put, id guess, around 2000 € into this game. He basically made his char from zero to BIS at a time i still had a long way to go to reach that point. But he was really terrible in pvp, or pve for that matter.

Now to your original question, i am in the same boat as you. Right now i invest a bit time to get the new weapon set on one char. One answer i have found against boredom is earning AD, which, as a nice side effect, massively lessens the grind. I once set myself the goal to reach 100 mio AD. Right now its 200 mio AD. I treat this game nowadays more as a economic simulation than an action based mmorpg, which is kinda sad, as it has been different in the past.

well thank you for your input...

i picked an oath paladin tank, and i feel like provide nothing to a pvp match other than being a wall...zero kill potential but maybe thats me not spending enough time playing it in pvp to see what actually is more effective than what isn't. the first thing i noticed was actually a lot of my tank oriented spells were half, if not 1/3 effective in pvp as far as my temp shields go and such.

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    It used to be you could do repeated and challenging dungeon runs for meaningful rewards.

Currently dungeon runs is twice a day mostly for AD, and the number of dungeons is so small that it easily gets boring too.
  • guza91guza91 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Give me some gold some BoE mounts and companions cya love ya....no srsly gimme gimme I'm new to the game and a hardcore NWN fan so ill be HUGELLY disappointed from what I have read so far about this game and what I have seen in the first 25 lvls on lock and rogue....:D
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    My only suggestion would be to maybe get involved more in the social aspect? Help out players who need help? Get the joy back that way? Go ON HE runs with strangers to help them out?

As to the grind - yes I feel your pain. It does feel like having a job. So I have some Neverwinter free evenings etc and then somehow grinding those blooming Dwarves in Dwarven Valley isn't quite so painful.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    When I hit a wall, I play a new character or an old character. I hit the wall many times already.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    i hit the wall when they made cw relic weapons resources availables in 2 profession, when all weapons from cw are from 1 profession only(artificing).
  • ohms66ohms66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    Weeklies