test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Set bonus from earthen weapon set gone?

lammlammlammlamm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
Seems like the set bonus from earthen weapon set is no longer. At least I can't see the small stack icon for it.

Comments

• aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    Was just about to comment on this myself. Double checked - I have the full set equipped, tested in in and out of combat. The buff is not appearing on my listed buffs. I'm a DC, got the set from a weapon pack.
    Anyone else having this problem?
    Just bumping this again. Ten days later and my weapon of Earthen Holy Symbol still doesn't provide its set bonus with the Earthen Icon. I've submitted a bug report in game. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Anyone? I've been over two weeks without having my set bonus on this weapon set...
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Yeah, made it for my GF thinking it would be a good option, but turns out I should have made the water one. Really great that things like this go broken for so long. Doesn't seem like something that should take so long to fix if someone cared to try.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    You see the bonus is:

When you stand still for 3 seconds, incoming damage is reduced by 5%. This effect stacks up to 5 times and is removed upon moving.

I think we all misunderstand the condition. It is talking about us. :) j/k
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Yes, if you stand still. As soon as you swing to attack, you're moving.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited November 2016
    ------
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Thanks for FINALLY confirming this wasn't just me and the OP all!
    greywynd said:

Yes, if you stand still. As soon as you swing to attack, you're moving.

Just to be clear, this is not how it worked before and not consistent with how it (doesn't) work now. Prior to around the time the OP posted the bonus stacked as long as you didn't move from location. You could attack and use encounter/daily powers and the defensive bonus would remain and stack but when you either moved or were moved by an enemy, the bonus reset. Now the bonus doesn't appear at all whether you're sitting still or not attacking. The set bonus doesn't appear under any circumstances now.

On top of that, if they did change the set bonus to only work when you're literally doing nothing, they made an effective but reasonable set bonus utterly worthless...

Over three weeks and counting Cryptic. What's the scoop? I've had a ticket sitting there for a long time now and I haven't heard a peep...
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Confirmed on my character as well. Not showing buff when not moving, and would show previously when not moving even while fighting.
    edited December 2016
    etelgrin said:

why on earth would you use earth weapon set bonus anyway?

Not everyone likes playing the same cookie cutter min-max way ;) Sometimes it's fun to mix it up a little. Does it really matter though? Yes, we get it that this isn't the best min/max weapon in the game, but it has an interesting set bonus that leads to an entertaining and somewhat different playstyle that can actually work quite well for some classes. It sucks that the people with the weapon have been unable to use it for weeks now.
    Post edited by aftershafter on
  • naditu#9365 naditu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Still not working for me. I submitted a ticket a while back and they told me to unequip and re-equip and also to equip something else and then equip back (did both before filed ticket to no avail.) Needless to say, nothing worked and it is still broken and I do not really think there is any work to fix it.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I was told to do the same. When it did not work they said they could do nothing and to file an in game bug report.
    I did this at same time as the ticket, but if everyone with this problem does the same maybe it will help. Squeaky wheel and such.
    Yep, I submitted a ticket weeks ago. Unfortunately, this is a weapon not many people use so we'll be a relatively small squeaky wheel...

Anyone have any idea how long it generally takes for things like this to get dealt with? It has been a month now, as the OP put up the thread a day or two after I had first noticed the bug.

Yep, I submitted a ticket weeks ago. Unfortunately, this is a weapon not many people use so we'll be a relatively small squeaky wheel...

Anyone have any idea how long it generally takes for things like this to get dealt with? It has been a month now, as the OP put up the thread a day or two after I had first noticed the bug.

Let us compare with other bug such as the GWF unstoppable bug that affects every single GWF and has been reported for like 2 years. That was even acknowledged by various generation of Cryptic people. Yet, the bug is still there.

Let us compare with other bug such as the GWF unstoppable bug that affects every single GWF and has been reported for like 2 years. That was even acknowledged by various generation of Cryptic people. Yet, the bug is still there.
    Oh joy. Well, guess I'll be dusting off the Flame weapon...