test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Outage 11/29/16

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
We are aware of the outage impacting the game and are working on resolving this as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Comments

• Options
    martolly#9640 martolly Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    arc seems to pop up and ask me for money,
    but it says "unable to establish connection to patch server. Please check your internet connection. if problems persist, please contact Technical support."
    clearly my internet works or i couldn't post....

anyone else having an issue?
  • Options
    saavik89#8697 saavik89 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    yes i'm having this issue as well, have no clue to whats going on
  • Options
    kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Tech Issues forum is buzzing with this. There is a MAJOR network problem on Level 3's end of things.. take a look at this map (note this is only US map but effects are global). Please refer to http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/categories/technical-support2 for updates.

http://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/
    - behold, halflings.
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
  • Options
    moesionadel#5612 moesionadel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same here !
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Any news on extending the event that got the last half hour chopped off
  • Options
    carlavalentinecarlavalentine Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    It got the last 2 hours 10 minutes chopped off for most people.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    All the PST players like me who got up EARLY to finalize tasks during event.. All the players everywhere in all time zones who were counting on the last few hours to cram some serious upgrading.. /wrist

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE
    - behold, halflings.
  • Options
    saavik89#8697 saavik89 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    anyone know when its suppost to be back up?
  • Options
    thevaliant#9250 thevaliant Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hopefully they are rolling back Mod 10, that would be the silver lining to this outage...
  • Options
    beldak13beldak13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I love this game but you need to improve your customer service A LOT.
    1."As soon as possible" is not a time-frame
    2. Continuous apologies are seen negatively by your customers. It's called the Hypocrisy factor. You always mess up with the game and keep apologizing, it has become meaningless. Just learn how to do your work properly please.
  • Options
    superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I bet there are a lot of players apart from me that had planned to do a lot of salvaging and refining in the last hours. It made me want to go cyborg ("DELEEEEETE") on the game. Now it would be so nice and surely make a lot of players quite happy campers to hear that for those people there will be a time window...maybe on the coming weekend...where they can do what they couldn´t do now ...
  • Options
    irfaanirfaan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I dont think the error is with Cryptic -
    http://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/
    There were major outages that probably affected the links to the servers
  • Options
    sss89rafaelsss89rafael Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Just let us know when the server come back. Trying to log on every half hour and still being broken is frustrating :s
  • Options
    bruce#1946 bruce Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yes the launcher cant establish a connection to the server ... so after 5 to23 tries the launcher does to establish a connection .it failed all times and we took a error message that we can hit only OK button
  • Options
    3hrs of downtime later.. Any Status Update @nitocris83 ?
    - behold, halflings.
  • Options
    woodwar73woodwar73 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    If Cryptic use Level 3 Communications then it might be a while before we get our game back....
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    i loose 2 hours from events...PLEASE when game is comeback run the events for 2 hours at least.

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    Sure, but their IT Chief can get an ETA from their ISP (apparently Level 3). Kind of a BIG outage..
    - behold, halflings.
  • Options
    talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    It seems alot of other Games and companies have an issue actually.

So this is it, the end of the world is near, remember your sins and run for your life, Armageddon is coming...or Winter....Alien Invasion....Trump as Preside.. oh wait my failure.

• Options
    xaliandra#4563 xaliandra Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    beldak13 said:

I love this game but you need to improve your customer service A LOT.
    1."As soon as possible" is not a time-frame
    2. Continuous apologies are seen negatively by your customers. It's called the Hypocrisy factor. You always mess up with the game and keep apologizing, it has become meaningless. Just learn how to do your work properly please.

• Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    anyway is it going to be online the coming six hours?
    @nitocris83
  • Options
    viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    Guys you left salvaging and refining to the LAST few hours?
    You need a new plan

I always expect something might go ugly so I never leave things to the last minute
    Well I am sorry if you lost extra RAD and refining on the items it sucks
    I hope it gets repaired today I got Influence to do, Professions to change, Daily
  • Options
    xaliandra#4563 xaliandra Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    it sux the game is having an outage but people relax its a game!!!! some peoples comments are a little over the top and need to chill a bit... let the admin do their stuff and thats that. im sure it will be up and running in no time.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

Guys you left salvaging and refining to the LAST few hours?
    You need a new plan

I always expect something might go ugly so I never leave things to the last minute
    Well I am sorry if you lost extra RAD and refining on the items it sucks
    I hope it gets repaired today I got Influence to do, Professions to change, Daily

I've been doing it continuously since the start of the event, I opened 20K+ leadership boxes, during the event I generated hundreds more which I was opening and using the contents.
  • Options
    vileier#3877 vileier Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I'm a newb, so don't even know HOW to efficiently salvage/refine. I just want to play!
  • Options
    byronrobobyronrobo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Glad to hear it's not just me. Hope servers come back up soon.
  • Options
    feadan#2363 feadan Member Posts: 70 Arc User

Good for you. Unfortunately there are only so many hours in a day and with this many events it was hard to keep up with everything without pushing something to the back. Plus there was a countdown in the game so obviously people planned accordingly.

The lost rAD isn't the worst IMHo. It's the 40% sale that got cut short. It's a once maybe twice a year thing and a lot of us now sit on Zen that lost 40% of its value because of the outage.
  • Options
    nytestryke71nytestryke71 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    server is back up - still my zen is "in review" and 40% in zen store is gone - WTF
This discussion has been closed.