test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashed and unable to reconnect

Comments

• esperas244#8808 esperas244 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Leave blizzard out of this :D
    No <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that Blizzard has those backup thingies, it is one of the best running MMORPG game company that exists.
  • sw1tchstarsw1tchstar Member Posts: 53 Arc User

I just wanna play the god damn game allready

HAMSTER happens, this time its not craptic's fault. But it really would be nice if they extended the event for people who missed out on that last little bit of farm, and were kinda counting on it. Im sure some people were going to log on before work and stuff. I was going to see what little more i could get done before the end of the event. But i ended up not being able to sleep and farming the HAMSTER out of everything to get my neck on my dc gold & a rank 10 enchant for it.
    Not everyone is blessed with insomnia though so, anyhow, it would be nice. but since its not on them, i imagine they wont be extending the event.
  • sharkt0pussharkt0pus Member Posts: 18 Arc User

http://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/

This is a generalized map. I am in West Coast under one of the yellow areas. I have no problem connecting to other games, steam, and many other sites. Facebook fine, Twitter fine.

It Cryptic, otherwise more Internet Entities would be down.

You'll note the reported outages all trace back to routers owned by Level3 Communications. The internet is elastic, it was designed to survive nuclear war. Major services use geographically distributed nodes. It's almost impossible to bring them down. Clearly Cryptic's server cluster is sitting straight outside a Level3 hub. It's an MMO, and we're all on the same mega-server. There is no practical reason to put the physical drives in multiple locations.
    You mean apart from the simple reason Blizzard etc have backup farms for when there is either hub downage or DDOS attacks? Or in case of a cable loss? Or who knows, to provide a bit of excess server load to speed up ALL their games?

There are several practical reasons to have even a small scale throttled backup somewhere never mind a proper 1:1 mirror, but hey that would require spending on things like actual hardware and folk to run it, and maybe if in the EU some actual stff that run on international time scales? ;)

lol comparing Cryptic to Blizzard.

Good one buddy.
  • swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I am not tech savy at all. My internet works just great, I can get onto all of my favorite websites without any problems. So if it is an internet problem, wouldn"t more things be down? Like everyone else, I just can't get onto Neverwinter.
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User

It doesnt matter if its Cryptics problem or Cryptics fault. Its not the players problem or the players fault either. The fact is that Cryptic promised the players a certain amount of event time. If outside circumstances prevent the event lasting as long as was promised, they must extend it. Failure to do so MAKES it their problem and their fault.

Actually they DONT have to extend anything...just like they CAN revoke your account anytime.

Nowhere in Any of the Licensing Agreements does it say "Event ended/crashed/boondoggled early, we at Cryptic have to give whiny self-entitled babies more time...along with their safe-spaces, coloring books, and cookies"

Get over it...
  • sw1tchstarsw1tchstar Member Posts: 53 Arc User

Any update on when it might come back online yet?

It's a problem with the internet itself, esperas, so no one at cryptic can have any clue. Likely the outages will be brought back online at major internet hubs first, then depending on what's actually wrong, technicians will move to smaller hubs. As for when the DNS servers will start assigning you IPs again, it will vastly vary on where you live and what hubs your traffic is typically routed through.

Wide ranging attacks like this one are typically short lived. You can expect the internet to be pretty much fixed within 12 hours give or take. Unless we're talking all-out internet war. O.o
    Sorry for the repeat, but this is just moronic
    Maybe you should refrain from rudely calling out other posters who are trying to be helpful and informative until you at least learn something about the topic. You apparently have no idea how packet routing works at all.
    Seriously? moronic on top of moronic? Or should I ask you how much of a stipend you get from these "outages"?
    We're all a little miffed but there's no need to be so nasty

• lordrahl#3366 lordrahl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    lol still dont work
  • macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    ohms66 said:

The last IP address, 198.49.243.253, is registered to Cryptic Studios.

I guess it all depends on where Cryptic's name servers are physically located. You seem to be getting hop data. I'm happy to admit neverwinter's problems could be an actually error with Cryptic's name server, though myself, I can't even get to cryptic's name server.

Dono. /shrug.

• gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User

Leave blizzard out of this :D

No HAMSTER that Blizzard has those backup thingies, it is one of the best running MMORPG game company that exists.

Blizzard also has a monthly fee...dont remember paying one for Neverwinter....
  • rubbertrixsrubbertrixs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User

This is a generalized map. I am in West Coast under one of the yellow areas. I have no problem connecting to other games, steam, and many other sites. Facebook fine, Twitter fine.

http://downdetector.com/status/neverwinter/map/ this would of been more accurret. and easy to find
  • duurduur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User

http://downdetector.com/status/neverwinter/map/ this would of been more accurret. and easy to find
    Perhaps... but venuslightheart's link shows that ik could be part of a (much) bigger issue.

Play for fun, Work to get rich, These two are not compatible!
  • stomacstomac Member Posts: 46 Arc User

We are aware of the outage impacting the game and are working on resolving this as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

They made an Official announcement

• anniveve#5713 anniveve Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I did lose my internet connection last night for several hours. I'm now able to connect everywhere else, except this game. While Cryptic is under no obligation to either extend the perks or make an official announcement as to why their game is currently unplayable - it could help offset their dismal reputation in the area of customer service.

Keep your expectations low.
  • macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    I'm getting to 198.49.243.253 now too. I'm going to revise my assessment and say their is a local outage in Los Gatos, CA. Either that or all of Cryptic's internal LAN went up in smoke at once =). Which is not impossible; if they don't have a well designed internal network a single hardware failure point could easily break their whole intranet.

If we assume it's a Cryptic hardware failure, I'll place my bets that they can get in replacement equipment in under 6 hours.
  • acropma78acropma78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i wish i would have something different to say; hopefully they'll extend the 2x time after the maintenance, that would clean a bit their reputation
  • sharkt0pussharkt0pus Member Posts: 18 Arc User

And actually, why feel bad about not being able to pass on poisoned wealth? Game sucks, just ban me, please

Cant stop playing unless they force it huh?

Yeah, sounds like a terrible game.
  • kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    LMAO of COURSE it is Los Gatos...
    The Cats.
    Cryptic and Cats.
    This is another Caturday in the making.

Meow.
    - behold, halflings.
  • mraureliusr#6575 mraureliusr Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Yeah, now I'm miffed. I was trying to buy Shared Account Bank Slots while everyone else was crashing (and I was still connected) and it wouldn't let me. Now there won't be enough Zen in my account to make that purchase. Pretty miffed....
  • rubbertrixsrubbertrixs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    i just would like to see them be more open when problems happen. just keep us informed, what the problem is and an eta of the fix. it is not that difficult they have forums (that there was one post talking about how he just woke up), nothing on facebook or twitter. they could even put a message on the ARC. it would shut down the people complaining about the problem. know what is going on is important. they have a social media person so let him/her tell the players whats going on. also if it is just the internet then take this time to do maintenance.
  • farasjasfarasjas Member Posts: 8 Arc User

farasjas said:

It doesnt matter if its Cryptics problem or Cryptics fault. Its not the players problem or the players fault either. The fact is that Cryptic promised the players a certain amount of event time. If outside circumstances prevent the event lasting as long as was promised, they must extend it. Failure to do so MAKES it their problem and their fault.

So should i blame you for snow on my car and hold you responsible for shoveling the snow away ? :D
    LOL you ever heard of something being rained out, or snowed out? that really should say it all, but I feel like you need more explanation. See, its all about value, if a problem that interrupts your service arrives, you make a cost vs gain alalysis. If the cost of a postponement exceeds the perceived gains of said postponement, they dont do a postponement. So, how much does cryptic pay you to deter ppl requiring them to make cost analysis decisions in favor of the people?
    So i cant blame the weather on you then who's fault is it im loosing value cause i cant get to work and earn money i blame you now do something about it... thats basicly what you're trying to explain as in a huge part of the web going down is somehow cryptics fault and because you lost value because of that cryptic should somehow be held responsible and compensate you for that.. please go on to sput your great knowledge very interesting how some pepole view logic..
  • krasiqnkrasiqn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    That feel when you think it's on your end and you uninstall the game. Now i have to install it again after they fix their servers sighs :blush:
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Blizzard is down for maintenance at the same time that Cryptic's lawn chair goes up in flames. Hmm.... ILLUMINATI!!!1
  • esperas244#8808 esperas244 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Its up again