test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashed and unable to reconnect

Comments

• xpeldmexpeldme Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    All Eastern PWE games are down.....Seems to happen when I have the most time to play...
  • doumweielledoumweielle Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    so do we get any compensation for this i mean what about the people who was using this time to do their last minute refining and salvaging ? this IS complete BS.
  • doit5doit5 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    This sooooo suckssss.... wasted a ton of AD
  • xaluhnxxaluhnx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Same Problem Here just crashed!, Had 30mins left for the Events Was just about to Run a Queue group with my guild for our Daily Dung RAD! 30mins would have been plenty of time to run ToS twice. :'(

Mysterious-GF, Guild Leader of ~Immortality~ PM Me @xaluhnx Today to Join! immortality.ga
    Part of the -Fabled- Alliance http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1225931/fabled-alliance

• macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The cryptic name servers are down:
    Name Server: NS1.CRYPTICSTUDIOS.COM
    Name Server: NS2.CRYPTICSTUDIOS.COM

No response from either.
    I would expect a disgruntled player with a bot net probably brought them down to ruin the games for everyone as he/she perceives it ruined for them.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Looks like Jade Dynasty and Forsaken world have threads similar to this. I'm doing some poking around. This looks like it's a big issue.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• orion1001orion1001 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    xaluhnx said:

Same Problem Here just crashed!, Had 30mins left for the Events Was just about to Run a Queue group with my guild for our Daily Dung RAD! 30mins would have been plenty of time to run ToS twice. :'(

Almost everyone got booted around 75 minutes ago (5:50 am PST) when there was still roughly 2 hours left in the event.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    They have never, to my knowledge, extended or compensated anyone for lost event time unless it was major.

Pro-Tip: Don't expect the event to last the full duration. The last day is notoriously famous for being cut short.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Moved the thread to "Technical Support" as it is effecting all 3 platforms and I wasn't sure where else to move it, but having it in PC forums was counter productive.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    @Kreatyve It looks like it's affecting all PWE games. I checked all the forums and they all have threads like this now.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• littletalllittletall Member Posts: 12 Arc User

Any speculation when the game is coming online again?

the game will be online about 5 seconds after the event is over.

there is no way that one dev team can be this incompetent, leading me to believe they intentionally shut it down, to try and force people to pay more for less after the event is over.

and if they dont extend the event, it will just prove that this is true.
  • superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    They have to extend the double rp event until tomorrow at least....this clearly isn´t fair...I couldn´t have foreseen the servers crashing and it is REALLY effin depressing not to get to use this shiny mountain of rp :s
    And the "support" went up in flames, too...can´t even open a ticket...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

@Kreatyve It looks like it's affecting all PWE games. I checked all the forums and they all have threads like this now.

Yep, because all the games share the same login servers. Make sense that if one goes down, they all go down.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • luckytwoseven#7419 luckytwoseven Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I tried getting on an hour ago and it was down then too. I came on here to find out if they were doing maintenance earlier than normal. Hoping for some last minute xp for my cleric who's not gotten a power point in 5 straight level ups and only 2 in about 10 level ups total. Ugh! Ready to delete her it's frustrating. My hubby has 8 extra power points.
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    ...and now we see the discussion threads closed but the issue is not resolved. Cryptic could learn a great deal about customer service and still know nothing.
  • elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    http://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/ is showing moderate outages across the US. This is not centralized to only PWE or Cryptic
  • doit5doit5 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    hopefully they will extend the event... surely they will... my sister had problems yesterday.. We were traveling and cooking for Thanksgiving, so we couldn't work on the event until last minute.. just bought a ton us stuff to use in feeders and then it crashed.:(......
    Post edited by doit5 on
  • ohms66ohms66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User

They have never, to my knowledge, extended or compensated anyone for lost event time unless it was major.

Pro-Tip: Don't expect the event to last the full duration. The last day is notoriously famous for being cut short.

Yeah the last compensation I can remember (apart from the Gateway but that wasn't for game downtime) was the Caturday one in 2013 where they did a roll back and issued a few health scrolls, xp boosts and some cosmetic items.
  • phrendonphrendon Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    :'( This is me now. Guess I have to go play Toy Blast.
  • dasonospawndasonospawn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I was buying a 6 month VIP as mine went down.....
  • mofoconanmofoconan Member Posts: 17 Arc User

This is a story about Billy Joe and Bobbie Sue................ Go on Cryptic, take the money and run..

This is stuck in my head now lol.
  • carlavalentinecarlavalentine Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    elminster said:

http://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/ is showing moderate outages across the US. This is not centralized to only PWE or Cryptic

Is this the company their servers are run through?
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

I just woke up. Devs are aware of the issues with the servers and looking into it. I don't have any other news other than that.

Thanks for the response. Any chance they will extend event?

I can ask, but no promises.
    Thank you
  • superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    elminster said:

So the hamstery US-infrastructure might be the reason? :p No surprise there but still so exasperating not to get to use the hoard of rp I collected like an eager little squirrel (+ the bigger mountain send to me by a nice friend) :'( nohohoo
  • stomacstomac Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Man let me get this right I put a post in "Technical Support" which then got merged with a thread in
    "PC Disscsion" only to moved back to where I post in first place. Did someone not have there Coffee ?
  • mraureliusr#6575 mraureliusr Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    So not EVERYONE got booted. You only got disconnected if you tried to travel to an area which required patching. I was in game until just a few minutes ago. It was spooky how quiet it was in PE. I was in Sharandar waiting for my buddy when he got DC'd, then I went to PE. Then when I tried to travel to Vellosk to see if there was anyone there (I just picked a random location), because I hadn't been there in a while and it needed to patch, it crashed. Same thing with him trying to go to Sharandar, it had been a long time since he had been and it needed to patch.
    I was even able to do the Arcane Reservoir while reading on Twitter that the servers were down for everyone else!