test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashed and unable to reconnect

Comments

• imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    There must be an extension of the events due to that problem!
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    I need to submit a ticket and I keep getting this error on all browsers. Tried on my phone...no dice.

I am unable to claim any of the Black Friday Charge Promo Event rewards. It gives me an error and asks me to submit a ticket. :#
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • carlavalentinecarlavalentine Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    The servers are down.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    My guess is it's the account servers - zen buying, logging in, and changing characters. I was in the game on the same character during the first few posts. It's only when I tried to change to my main that I got disconnected/locked out.
  • zululazulula Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Well, don't get your hopes up for an extension to the event...not the first time (by far!) this has happened and cryptic has never extended the event no matter the cause. Horrible ending to an otherwise fun event...as usual >:)
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User

this would be a prefect time for someone to say, "hey yes we are working on the problem".

Last time (gateway down) it took them 4 days to say anything. Don't hold your breath.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    +

and puff!

best moment ever
    at the end
    of the first
    double ALL

:D
  • feadan#2363 feadan Member Posts: 70 Arc User

There must be an extension of the events due to that problem!

Let's hope so. Two hours before the event ends and their whole system goes down? And no official announcement?
  • thehelpersthehelpers Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    One hour 30 mins left for the event to finish and my game crashed :/
    Hope we receive some gift to celebrate Christmas in a better way and to compensate for these crashes :p
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    For about the last 30 minutes (since 8:50am EST on Tuesday Nov 29) I've been unable to start Neverwinter (or any game launcher - STO is also down). I was in-game and it froze, then kicked me out, and now it produces "trying to update launcher" then "unable to establish connection to patch server".

This happens whether I launch through ARC or directly, and it also happens for STO. My internet connection is fine and I've got nice speedy access to everywhere else I try.

Anyone else having the same problem with Neverwinter?

EDIT: This post looked a lot less stupid when it was a standalone bug report post, not on page 3 of a thread I didn't know about in General. :)
  • morgana#3302 morgana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same.
    cannot spend zen during 40% promotion
  • sharinganheirsharinganheir Member Posts: 10 Arc User

Heh.
  • holylight#4170 holylight Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    What is going on ??? Game servers crashed for good ???
    With 1 hour left for the event and now we have this ???

Anyone knows ?
    Maybe some announcement/answer from Cryptic would be nice at this point and hopefully they will extend the event.
  • mofoconanmofoconan Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Set my alarm to wake up early and finish off my refining and salvaging before the end of the event. :( This sucks.
  • rubbertrixsrubbertrixs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    how many pages can we get before an acknowledgement of the problem i wonder?
  • vonbek#3799 vonbek Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    welp... may I suggest if you want any player goodwill at all you sort the ZAX/Zen Charge options ( both in game and web based ) and extend the event AND sale even by say six hours to allow folk who were in the process of refining/levelling or like myself actually about to buy zen then ZStore items to finish what we were doing while the event was on?

Got AD to withdraw along with Zen on the ZAX, money to spend for zen if it's back up in time and stuff to buy.

Seriously you guys need to learn how to do goodwill gestures and also Communication on an International timescale basis better.
  • cyprusonexcyprusonex Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i am sure this will be resolved in about an hour and 45 mins
  • bubastis969bubastis969 Member Posts: 3 New User
    It is really a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game, when crashing for no reason at all , then servers go down before end of event. Really, they do not have respect for the players!
    No one can spend zen, send mail, or even log back into the game at this point. And the people at Cryptic won't even be aware for at least another hour...it's only 6:30am where they are. So I wouldn't expect it to be back online anytime soon.
  • vonbek#3799 vonbek Member Posts: 29 Arc User

how many pages can we get before an acknowledgement of the problem i wonder?

pretty sure Gateway made it to 23 before we got a proper response :D
  • valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    I know many of us who only play Neverwinter won't really care, but Star Trek is also having the same problems. Not going to check their other games.
  • orion1001orion1001 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Server died on me around 5:51 am Pacific Time. Had about two hours left in the event. Still had much to do on refining / buying items.... This is horrible. I would like a proper extension of the event.
  • bubastis969bubastis969 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hey, I did not type hamster, I said it is #$$%% game!
  • matttiamatttia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    yes, everyone is having login problems, my entire guild is reporting they can't start the launcher
  • rehdak#7861 rehdak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yes same issue here i zoned into Conclave and have the graphics were missing. Attempted to zone out and game froze and launcher is currently on 23 times to connect..safe to say it went down..

not sure what other ppls ish is, but I am in game right now

Try changing characters. I dare you!
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    @kreatyve Thank you for letting us know it's not just us going nuts and that it's being looked into.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    kreatyve said:

I just woke up. Devs are aware of the issues with the servers and looking into it. I don't have any other news other than that.

Thank you for at least acknowledging the issue. :)