test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashed and unable to reconnect

Comments

• swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Saw this on the internet:

"NWXbox and #NWPS4 will undergo maintenance on 11/29 at 7AM PT for roughly two hours for a server reset."

Yes I know, we are on the PC and it is only 6 AM PT, but maybe it is related somehow.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    LOL i thought i was gonna be quick, but you guys beat me to it. Same here, was chasing my remaining double AD, what a pity.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• carlavalentinecarlavalentine Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Yeah, it's still 6am where their servers are, so it likely won't be back up in time for the event ending...the RIGHT thing for them to do would be to extend it to make up for it. But I'm sure they won't.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    They went fishing :lol:
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User

They went fishing :lol:

I hope they catch many common fish and it takes forever.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    omg and to think i spent all yesterday farming esva thinking "dont worry, there's still tuesday". :'(
    I was away for the holiday and unable to even get online until Sunday night. Was really banking on today - my day off - to finish a lot of what I was hoping to do including doing weeklies for the 2x AD.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    Damn ... still things to do!
    Does this usually happen when "big events" are closing? A few hours to the end and BAM cut off?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Oh it's not just me then. And it's not just Neverwinter btw. Tried launching STO and it's the same problem, so Cryptic's servers went poof.

Just tweeted both the official Neverwinter and STO accounts. Let's see if they say anything.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • thevaliant#9250 thevaliant Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    SErious Problem. I was counting on this time to do some important refining. First the crappy Mod 10 and now this... getting really old.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    Yep, I was buying more pres wards and suddenly got "transaction can't be completed - no reason given". Then tried to mail stuff to an alt - nothing. Then like an idiot decided to change characters so I could finish up on my main and it kicked me. So much more to refine. :(
  • rubbertrixsrubbertrixs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    yes i am have same probblem...
  • stomacstomac Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    [PC] Same Issue started today 11/29,
    Small "Cryptic Luncher autoupdate" window comes up but then times out
    this happening on both Steam and Arc , is anyone else having this issue ?
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Found the problem - it's this guy again:
    Video removed due to profanity.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • carlavalentinecarlavalentine Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    swapilot said:

"NWXbox and #NWPS4 will undergo maintenance on 11/29 at 7AM PT for roughly two hours for a server reset."

Yes I know, we are on the PC and it is only 6 AM PT, but maybe it is related somehow.

Consoles always have their maintenance on Tuesdays...it's never affected PC before.
    Someone over there at Cryptic forgot to feed the hamsters.
  • shoziku222shoziku222 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    A couple hours ago when I first started the launcher made about 4 or 5 attempts then it connected and I tried to do invoking and collect VIP HAMSTER and my mouse would not click the invoke thingie or work at all within my inventory screen. Really odd. So I restarted the game, it loaded fine this time and I played for an hour. Now it's not connecting with the launcher, so I guess this is where ya'all are at now.

Yep, I was buying more pres wards and suddenly got "transaction can't be completed - no reason given". Then tried to mail stuff to an alt - nothing. Then like an idiot decided to change characters so I could finish up on my main and it kicked me. So much more to refine. :(

Exactly the same here, was trying to Pres Wards and got that error, then tried to change toons and boom - here we are.
  • elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    yup they won't extend it for sure, actually we should've been expecting this though, since cryptic always does a stunt like this.
    They really need to make a european office,s o they can handle things like this ASAP instead of just making us wait till the "americanos" feel like waking up...
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    @strumslinger - I hate to try and wake you before your morning coffee... Actually I wonder if @nitocris83 likes coffee? Julia, once the dust has settled (hahaha) you'll need to let us know.

@zebular / @kreatyve - anyone you are able to message with your super powers?
  • duurduur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    the ZAX crashed/went down about 25 minutes ago... (just when I wanted to buy stuff with that zen)
    and 5 minutes ago I had to log in... ans yup, as expected... unable to log in... please recover those hamsters...
    Play for fun, Work to get rich, These two are not compatible!
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

swapilot said:

Consoles always have their maintenance on Tuesdays...it's never affected PC before.
    Someone over there at Cryptic forgot to feed the hamsters.
    Or maybe the hamsters have too much turkey over the holidays and are now suffering from indigestion?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • cicirider#2078 cicirider Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same thing here. Keeps telling me there is a connection problem with my internet. Everything else online is working for me though soooo.
  • rubbertrixsrubbertrixs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    this would be a prefect time for someone to say, "hey yes we are working on the problem".
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    LOL Not only Americanos--but west coast americanos--the very worst kind when you want them to wake up!!! :p
  • beargogglesbeargoggles Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Yep, I just had this issue too. Sucks as I think there was still 1 hour left of the event?
  • promytheaspromytheas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    It could be, that they realized during the event, that the server load was too much and decided to reduce the player base :wink:
  • balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Same here, can´t log in anymore
  • cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    also me
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It