test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Returning Player Looking for a Rundown on TR changes

todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
Hello, everyone.

Hope everything's going well for you all. I used to be a forum and in-game regular, but had to quit for a while in pursuit of my career. Not sure if I still know anyone here, but now that I have time to spare again, I'm looking to go back to the game and experience the new modules.

I've been reading the past changes in the updates section but there's just so much information to absorb. I'm interested in the TR changes the most, however, and I was wondering if anyone can fill me in on the changes that hit my favorite class.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out, and I'm looking forward to spending time in the game again. :smile: Really excited to try out the new stuff and test the limits of the TR class.

Comments

• rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    Hey ya! Glad to see you back. Guess I wasn't the only person who traded his sobriety coin 8P Picked up woodworking during an 8-month break, and since been back been digging around, so far I learned -- Balance changes to TR, a whole lot of nothing. Just more left-behind than usual as everyone else just got seriously harder to kill. Given that there is a little less variety out there, fewer yet for out the box thinking. But here's to hoping what fresh minds do to mix it up. Welcome back!
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    Hey, Rust! Great to see a familiar face around! And I know, so much has happened IRL that I'm surprised TRs didn't get much of a balance pass in the long span of time I've been away.

Anything new in the meta for TRs? If nothing much changed, I'm assuming Scoundrels are still underpowered and Executioners and Sabs are still the way to go. It's sad that the Gateway had to be shut down, I was hoping to see the new items right now.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Oh, you weren't around for the Shadowy Op nerf? You were gone longer than me lol. Following that there was a lostmauth set nerf, and mount insignias that added a lot of overhealing to PvP https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-insignia/ Any sab and attrition based builds just fell out of favor and the meta has taken a turn to executioner SE/SoD. Moving forward TR damage leans to strictly piercing damage. Those who aren't using shocking are running courage breaker troll builds, can't kill a fly.

Incidentally, I'm the only one running your idea of DF/Oppressive tweaked from kwess' build, and it kills anyone foolish enough to stand in its way. ^^
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Yeah i dunno how long you've been gone but some of the big things that happened were the plague fire fix and making SoD only able to proc on one enemy, instead of everything that you hit.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The only recent change is that the latest mod managed to make ITC perform worse than ever. It's being looked into as a bug, for whatever that's worth.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    Man, so many things have changed. Got into the game and I was simply overwhelmed by the overall number of changes, but it's really surprising how untouched the TR has been apart from the clunkier ITC.

Glad to be back. :) I have a few questions in mind but I think I'll just dig around in the forums to see what else I can find.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Welcome back. They said the itc change is working not as it should... we shall see.

Focus on these things

Mount insignias
    Weapon twisted set, drowned set
    Work on artifacts
    Work on companions
    Get the new frost set for shirt and pants.
    Work on lifesteal. 20%
    Boost deflection and hp as well.
    Guild boons

I still use the stealth based principles you taught me long ago. Goes well with sabo builds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Oh yeah and bondings on companions is the way to go for maximum power output.

Plus a few rings of rising power on companions.

Most use fire archon for this.

Let me know if you need anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!