Install Arc
Options

Black Friday Weekend - 40% off Everything

Comments

• Options
    omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    charged,
    claimed owl bear (still sitting at rewards claim agent in PE)
    didnt get the horse
    didnt get the zhent
    didnt get the title
    Am I missing something? I did not realize there was some issues with this promotion, usually if they say you get things you do, this time its disapointing to say the least. I hope they make good on this, so I can get all my prezzies as promised.
    Post edited by omgitszeph on
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    omgitszeph wrote: »
    usually if they say you get things you do, this time its disapointing to say the least.

Not sure if serious :p

This is at least the third time that a promotion doesn't initially deliver what was promised. Lucky this time it looks like a bug with their new claim system and not some rip-off caused by misworded blogs or blatant bait and switch.​​
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Man, looking thru here and on reddit, there is just no pleasing some of you people. I tolerate a certain amount of whining here as I do anywhere else on the internet, but I just do not understand some people, especially when it comes to events and discounts.

I mean no wonder the developers don't hang out here much. How much can one take of a steady stream of "waa, my ice cream is too cold", "the food is terrible and the portions are too small"? :)

Completely agree. 40% is a very decent discount and much more than you can normally get from vouchers.​​
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

charged,
    didnt get the horse
    didnt get the zhent
    didnt get the title
    Am I missing something? I did not realize there was some issues with this promotion, usually if they say you get things you do, this time its disapointing to say the least. I hope they make good on this, so I can get all my prezzies as promised.

You have to claim the ones you want. It doesn't automatically unlock everything.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    muck67muck67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Cheap move. Last time we had a 50% off sale I spent over $200. This time you get $0. People that 'pay to win' spend more than $500 a year on this game. I just can't afford that.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

charged,
    didnt get the horse
    didnt get the zhent
    didnt get the title

You have to claim the ones you want. It doesn't automatically unlock everything.
    They did this whole charge bonus strangely this time, and on top of it, "made a mistake in the wording" of the description, which they've changed now.

Every past charge bonus like this, you received the top prize and all the prizes underneath it (so, owl bear means you get horse, zhent, title). This is how the original description read as well. Now, with these "points", you can't get everything underneath it. You unlock the ability to spend your points on something, but not everything.

I think this was absolutely inexcusable - and the fact that they changed the description after the promo started (which people wouldn't have read this way anyway) is just asking for more flaming. I really try not to be "whiny", but I didn't get what I paid for and the solution is "oops - sorry, we didn't mean to let you have all that. And you're not going to get it." Unbelievable
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    Question for anyone who has claimed it - the description says:
    Each item is Bound on Account except for the White Owlbear.

So, is it BtC, or unbound?
  • Options
    ylathbaenre1ylathbaenre1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User

kreatyve said:

charged,
    didnt get the horse
    didnt get the zhent
    didnt get the title

They did this whole charge bonus strangely this time, and on top of it, "made a mistake in the wording" of the description, which they've changed now.

Every past charge bonus like this, you received the top prize and all the prizes underneath it (so, owl bear means you get horse, zhent, title). This is how the original description read as well. Now, with these "points", you can't get everything underneath it. You unlock the ability to spend your points on something, but not everything.

I think this was absolutely inexcusable - and the fact that they changed the description after the promo started (which people wouldn't have read this way anyway) is just asking for more flaming. I really try not to be "whiny", but I didn't get what I paid for and the solution is "oops - sorry, we didn't mean to let you have all that. And you're not going to get it." Unbelievable
    Wow that is pretty unbelieveable that they changed it so it now does not state you get all tiers below what you picked. Crazy that they would not honor what was already posted.
  • Options
    coldfire473coldfire473 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    muck67 said:

Cheap move. Last time we had a 50% off sale I spent over $200. This time you get $0. People that 'pay to win' spend more than $500 a year on this game. I just can't afford that.

If you spend $200 this year, you'll get a 25% bonus to your Zen PLUS the 40% discount in the Zen store, resulting in much higher than 50% off...

• Options
    It appears that someone may have made a typo when entering the charge reward values. I purchased $100 worth of Zen and got 13,500 points, which was enough to buy the owlbear, the warlock and the title and that left me with 500 remaining instead of the 5,000 I would need for the Gilded White Steed. I'm assuming this will be fixed in some manner, so I'm going to wait a few days to grab my pitchfork.
  • Options
    omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User

It appears that someone may have made a typo when entering the charge reward values. I purchased $100 worth of Zen and got 13,500 points, which was enough to buy the owlbear, the warlock and the title and that left me with 500 remaining instead of the 5,000 I would need for the Gilded White Steed. I'm assuming this will be fixed in some manner, so I'm going to wait a few days to grab my pitchfork.</blockquote

I only claimed tier 4 , owlbear. Went to PE awards claim, only finding the owlbear, checked mailbox, then went back to the rewards claim and had a look.
    As @coldfire473 stated above, if I had claimed other items I would not get the Gilded White Steed, I left the owlbear at claims and did not choose any of the other three options, I hope they make this right. No kidding, I have played many games with PWI, never had any issues, till now.

~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I am curious if there's a way to buy exactly enough Zen to get all the stuff (since it sounds like $200 is sufficient for everything but the owlbear), or if a big spender is going to be stuck with a weird amount of points and no way to spend them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    nonobadcaptainnonobadcaptain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yes there is a bit of grumbling, but it appears to be mostly confusion: If we can't sweep the entire collection of tiers, why on earth would we be spending $200+? My understanding of how that seems to be written is, if you spend over the tier 5 level, you would earn all the previous levels as well. Was I wrong? Strumslinger, could you find out please? Thanks!
  • Options
    melzie#3799 melzie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I opened a ticket on it, and this is the response I got. Hopefully they fix it so we get all of the rewards.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the Black Friday Charge Rewards issue from the Bonus Rewards when charging Zen. We can confirm that the developers are aware of the issue and are investigating it further. At this time time we can't say when it will be fixed and we encourage you to keep an eye on our news page for announcement (http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news) and official game forums for updates (http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/categories).

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Please let us know if you have other concerns.

• Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 184 Arc User

It appears that someone may have made a typo when entering the charge reward values. I purchased $100 worth of Zen and got 13,500 points, which was enough to buy the owlbear, the warlock and the title and that left me with 500 remaining instead of the 5,000 I would need for the Gilded White Steed. I'm assuming this will be fixed in some manner, so I'm going to wait a few days to grab my pitchfork.

There should be a bonus for 100... I think it's 20% (2000 zen) and the regular EXTRA zen you get which is 15% (1500 zen)? Totals up to be 13,500 zen. Matches what you got. No error.

If you spend buy 11,000 zen at once the bonus goes up to 25%. (not possible for this game, so you need to buy $200 worth for 25% bonus. Too bad you can't input a custom amount of zen)
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Previous poster....fyi they are talking points, not zen. When you buy zen for this promo, you get points to spend on items. They messed up and falsely advertised things again and thats the error.
  • Options

Previous poster....fyi they are talking points, not zen. When you buy zen for this promo, you get points to spend on items. They messed up and falsely advertised things again and thats the error.

Looks like it's not even false advertising, just a mistake, if that ticket response melzie posted is to be believed.

Mistakes, I can live with.
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2016

I did the $200, it gave enough rewards for the Panther, Warlock, Horse & Title...NOT the Owl Bear. From the quote: "•If you charge in any tier, you’ll receive all items in the tiers below, so charging $20, will grant you both the Zhentarim Warlock and the Neverwintan Noble Title." This is wrong... UG :(

This happened to me as well, I claimed the panther first on my main account and discovered the hard way that I wasn't going to be able to take the owlbear dispite what the arc news post said. Luckily, I had already bought zen on my other account earlyer that day and was able to get my missing owlbear that way. I was able to claim the items I wanted but plenty of people obviously did not. That Arc blogpost was very misleading and at least one of my guildmates messed up and tried to claim the lower rewards first thinking they would be able to claim all of them. This made it so they did not have enough points for what they actually wanted.

The way the rewards were delivered was also not exactly intuitive. After checking my inventory, the rewards claim agent, the free page in the zen market, and my mailbox, I nearly submited a ticket thinking I had not gotten them. Thankfully, I asked around first to see if anyone else recieved theirs. I'm not sure why they thought hiding a tiny charge rewards page link at the bottom of the arc post was a great delivery method, I read the post more than once and did not see the link until it was pointed out to me.

Also, why the hell didn't they make the white owlbear which was the only purple item and only BOE item on that list the highest tier prize instead of the panther??? It makes no sense.

I'm not grabbing my pitchfork over this as it was clearly a mistake but it baffles me that this company managed to screw up something this bad that could have been so simple.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    aleblain said:

We know that 40% is a great discount, but we all know that you know we were waiting a 50% off... this 10% difference is a crappy move to shake a lot of people plans. Shame on you, lame.

Calm down lol, this sale is better than the usual 50% off if you buy on black friday instead of before. They lowered it to 40% for the store itself but you get a lot of extra zen if you buy durring the sale not to mention the list of weekend long best 2xevents, the bazarre store discount, and the charge rewards(only problem was the miscommunication with the charge rewards). They also gave us several extra days of the sale meaning those not able to make it durring the usual 8 hour sale or those who end up with their zen order delayed won't miss it this year. 10% isn't that much less so even if you did buy zen or exchange AD for zen before the sale, its still worth using if you ask me.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    edited November 2016

The reason is that the purple mount exists already in game and can be obtained other ways. The panther is actually more rare since this is the only way to get it currently.

This game has always had issues with the rarity colors.

Even with it currently being rare, it still makes little sense given it will probably not stay rare for more than a week or 2 and is still GREEN.

I would take a closer look at the location the picture of the panther used in the Arc post was taken in if I were you. They thematically could have used the new sea of moving ice zone to take that picture of the ice panther but for some reason they did not making me wonder if they plan to reuse that picture somewhere else... There was a spoiler in a recent stream saying there will be a new mount added to the winter festival and it could very well turn out to be the ice panther. Hell that ice panther may not even be the foreshadowed new mount earned from the winter festival directly but a second mount destined to be reused for the charge promotion listed on the calendar to go on alongside the entire winter festival's duration. Not to mention the last several lockbox mount packs have released mounts that were once rare or from promotions.

Now if you'll excuse me while I go remove my +1 tinfoil hat of useless Neverwinter predictions.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    edited November 2016

I am curious if there's a way to buy exactly enough Zen to get all the stuff (since it sounds like $200 is sufficient for everything but the owlbear), or if a big spender is going to be stuck with a weird amount of points and no way to spend them.

I spent 200$ on my main account and took the panther first. I was able to claim everything else except for the owlbear. The owlbear is 10k points so you would need 10k more points than you get for 200$ to get all items on the same account. That means you get one point per zen coin purchased since the current amount of zen you get for 200$ is 28k. you'd need to buy another 100$ worth of zen before the sale ends to get the owlbear on the same account.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    Is all the items for each toon on the account, except for the purple owl bear? I am told you can only claim each tier once... or are the green items you can place in shared account bank for other toons to use?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Is all the items for each toon on the account, except for the purple owl bear? I am told you can only claim each tier once... or are the green items you can place in shared account bank for other toons to use?

You can claim the owlbear more than once, if you have at least 20k points. 10k points a peice. No idea about whether you can buy multaple account bound ones, I do know that they are not account wide though.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    btw are the bundles any good to buy? thinking warlock... 50% off with cash vs 40% off with zen. I already spent $20 on zen and bought a purple mount... so if I wanted to go zen would need to buy $50 w/green horse. The dark elf bundle has 4 extra char slots, purple mount and pet but not sure if worth it for $100.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

btw are the bundles any good to buy? thinking warlock... 50% off with cash vs 40% off with zen. I already spent $20 on zen and bought a purple mount... so if I wanted to go zen would need to buy $50 w/green horse. The dark elf bundle has 4 extra char slots, purple mount and pet but not sure if worth it for $100.

I suggest the level 70 character pack to be honest, it gets you 2 runic bags, the level 70 character with basic gear, an account bound owlbear pack that lets you choose from any of the existing owlbear colors, a retraining token, and some other stuff I can't remember. The owlbear pack is bound to account but the bear inside it is bind on pick up meaning you can sell it. The owlbear alone sells for a lot more than the equivelent amount of AD converted to zen you pay for the pack if you pick one of the more expensive colors. Even if you bought the pack at full price this is still true, its normal price is 50 dollars. Obviously, don't pick the white owlbear from this pack, its not selling for much. I also recommend saving the bear for a few months at least if you can wait that long so it goes up in price, all owlbears are dropping in price right now.

Vip is also a good idea to invest in, rank 8 is the most useful since that's when you stop getting AH posting fees.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options

I suggest the level 70 character pack to be honest, it gets you 2 runic bags, the level 70 character with basic gear, an account bound owlbear pack that lets you choose from any of the existing owlbear colors, a retraining token, and some other stuff I can't remember. The owlbear pack is bound to account but the bear inside it is bind on pick up meaning you can sell it. The owlbear alone sells for a lot more than the equivelent amount of AD converted to zen you pay for the pack if you pick one of the more expensive colors. Even if you bought the pack at full price this is still true, its normal price is 50 dollars. Obviously, don't pick the white owlbear from this pack, its not selling for much. I also recommend saving the bear for a few months at least if you can wait that long so it goes up in price, they are dropping in price right now.

Vip is also a good idea to invest in, rank 8 is the most useful since that's when you stop getting AH posting fees.

Dont see it being listed... is this for console? I am on PC. Also dont see the Heirloom Pack eiither, it's listed for PS4 but not PC.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

I suggest the level 70 character pack to be honest, it gets you 2 runic bags, the level 70 character with basic gear, an account bound owlbear pack that lets you choose from any of the existing owlbear colors, a retraining token, and some other stuff I can't remember. The owlbear pack is bound to account but the bear inside it is bind on pick up meaning you can sell it. The owlbear alone sells for a lot more than the equivelent amount of AD converted to zen you pay for the pack if you pick one of the more expensive colors. Even if you bought the pack at full price this is still true, its normal price is 50 dollars. Obviously, don't pick the white owlbear from this pack, its not selling for much. I also recommend saving the bear for a few months at least if you can wait that long so it goes up in price, they are dropping in price right now.

Dont see it being listed... is this for console? I am on PC. Also dont see the Heirloom Pack eiither, it's listed for PS4 but not PC.
    I am a PC player, it should be an orange pack labled Knox's Adventurer Recruitment Order. If you don't have any level 70 characters on your account yet that may be why you can't find it, I think I remember hearing it can only be purchased once you have at least one level 70 character already. Good thing its double xp huh? :)

No idea about the heirloom pack, never heard of it.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    And this is why I didn't bother to spend...
    Nerfs happen to everything that's working good or has potential fun / enjoyment in game.

40% off a pile of ash is still a pile of ash that will be scattered and blown away as soon as someone opens a door or window.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    edited November 2016

It looks like they changed the Knox's Adventurer Recruitment Pack since the first time I bought it, the owlbear is now bound to account. Scrap my earlyer suggestion and don't buy the pack if you intend to make money off of it. its still a good pack but not as good now. lol I now am stuck with a purple owlbear I can't sell, no huge loss though.

I also sent you a personal message in case you don't come back here to see this, hopefully I didn't just mess you up.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    feadan#2363 feadan Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    How long does the 40% sale last? There are two conflicting announcements.

This one over here says monday 28th 10am PT: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10280293-black-friday-sales

The one posted here (and the ingame event calendar) says tuesday 29th 7:30am PT: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10280243-black-friday-weekend-sale-40%-off-everything