test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Friday Weekend - 40% off Everything

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
It’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for: our Black Friday sale! In the past, we’ve only had a day or two for sales, but this year, everything in the Zen Market will be 40% off for the entire weekend - that's two extra days :smile:.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10280243-black-friday-weekend-sale-40%-off-everything!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    kindgomofthemoonkindgomofthemoon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    You had me at Ice Panther... I see where you guys list the extra zen bonuses for the zen purchased, but I don't see where you can obtain any mounts as a charge reward. Is there a list of rewards? When I clicked to learn more, I didn't see any additional information. Thank you! Bailey
  • Options
    muramune99#1335 muramune99 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    This was resolved.
    Thanks for the sale.
    I am totally hyped for it.
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    PC: We have a 15-25% Charge Bonus, a sale on Packs, and Charge Promotions where you can obtain unique rewards based on the charged amount.

more info please, @strumslinger ?

Nevermind, found it:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10282283-bonus-rewards-when-charging-zen!
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    We know that 40% is a great discount, but we all know that you know we were waiting a 50% off... this 10% difference is a crappy move to shake a lot of people plans. Shame on you, lame.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    What's the point of having the sale for 4 days exactly? If you buy zen now through the exchange you won't likely get it before the sale ends. If you had zen saved up you would have spent it on the first day. With all the HAMSTER they pulled again this year the sale should have been AT LEAST 50%. I had planned on a 50% sale (yeah stupid me) so I had enough to get what I was planning. Now I cannot because I don't have enough zen and I'll be damned if I'm opening up my wallet to the Scrooge McDucks of the company.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Retracted. If the real cashfolks are making out better than before then i can live with it
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

aleblain said:

We know that 40% is a great discount, but we all know that you know we were waiting a 50% off... this 10% difference is a crappy move to shake a lot of people plans. Shame on you, lame.

But - at least the sale is running all 4 days instead of just today and Monday. People who have to work should be happy they won't have to miss the sale.
    The discount on Zen is also larger than ever in the past if using real money and buying in bulk, which makes up for it.

Shockingly, providing incentive for people to spend cash rather than only exchange AD has been an idea floated as one way of addressing economic stupidity, so I can't say I'm incensed. I think it's pretty balanced.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    blindfury11blindfury11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

What's the point of having the sale for 4 days exactly?

Not everyone can be like you and play everyday.

• Options
    oswulf#6641 oswulf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Can we please get a Ice Panther Description/Stats
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Can we please get a Ice Panther Description/Stats

It's a green mount. There is literally nothing else to know about it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Wait so we get purple for 100 and green for 200? Backwards?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

aleblain said:

But - at least the sale is running all 4 days instead of just today and Monday. People who have to work should be happy they won't have to miss the sale.
    The discount on Zen is also larger than ever in the past if using real money and buying in bulk, which makes up for it.

Shockingly, providing incentive for people to spend cash rather than only exchange AD has been an idea floated as one way of addressing economic stupidity, so I can't say I'm incensed. I think it's pretty balanced.
    I completely agree. :)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    I am still perplexed at spend 100 for a purple mount bonus and spend 200 for a green mount bonus? Is this right?
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    The reason is that the purple mount exists already in game and can be obtained other ways. The panther is actually more rare since this is the only way to get it currently.

This game has always had issues with the rarity colors.
  • Options
    sg4mag#1840 sg4mag Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    As it is described you get all items for all tiers to level you purchase, lower tiers as well. This means you get purple (owl) AND green (panther). Considering rarity (how oldbaldyone described) it can make sense - maybe not to me, but it can to someone who cares about such things.
  • Options
    So from the notes on the page: "•If you charge in any tier, you’ll receive all items in the tiers below, so charging $20, will grant you both the Zhentarim Warlock and the Neverwintan Noble Title." This did not work...I only got the panther? What gives?
  • Options
    @oswulf
    Are you pointing to my post or this is just coincidence? :)
    I really do not know how it truly works. I base on information provided on web page.
  • Options
    I did the $200, it gave enough rewards for the Panther, Warlock, Horse & Title...NOT the Owl Bear. From the quote: "•If you charge in any tier, you’ll receive all items in the tiers below, so charging $20, will grant you both the Zhentarim Warlock and the Neverwintan Noble Title." This is wrong... UG :(
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I think you should raise ticket as it is not working as described then. When purchasing for 200$ you should get all rewards. At least this is mine understanding.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Hmm. I charged $200 but I'm not seeing anything new at the rewards claim agent. Am I missing something?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    Ticket Submitted. Of note, even though the Ice Panther is Green, it does provide the Protectors Friendship which compliments my three Protectors Camaraderie very well.
  • Options
    hustin1...you need to claim rewards points first. btw, there is a bug in which you only get 28000 rewards points...spend them carefully.
  • Options
    Ah...I launch NW directly from the launcher instead of from the Arc client. Will check...
  • Options
    wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    Charge

Reward

‘Neverwintan Noble’ Title $10 1000pts

Zhentarim Warlock $20 2000pts

Gilded White Steed $50 5000pts

White Owlbear $100 10000pts

Ice Panther $200 20000pts

Notes:

You can only receive the rewards once, so multiple charges of $20 will not grant additional Zhentarim Warlocks.
    If you charge in any tier, you’ll receive all items in the tiers below, so charging $20, will grant you both the Zhentarim Warlock and the Neverwintan Noble Title.

Needed to have a total of 38000pts.. ?

So yeah, you're not going to get them all.
  • Options
    Hmm. I can't get Arc to start or to reinstall. It keeps saying it's missing ZunZip_utf8.dll.
  • Options
    melzie#3799 melzie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    There is something def. wrong. I didn't get all the rewards like it says you will also
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    1. Repaired Arc.
    2. It said that it didn't have information on Neverwinter; it said it wasn't an Arc-controlled game.
    3. Told Arc to reinstall it in the same location.
    4. Installation completed quickly (as everything was already there).
    5. No Arc points show in the Arc client.
    6. ???
    7. A-ha. Found the link to the claim webpage. Odd way of claiming the rewards...
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    hustin1 said:

7. A-ha. Found the link to the claim webpage. Odd way of claiming the rewards...

I agree, they did it very weird and confusing. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png