test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

when is the foundry getting back up?????

Comments

• samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    The Foundry is up and running, was just on there testing some theories.
    New assets BIG nope. The real sad thing is knowing that adding assets is a simple process. Not very complicated at all. They just won't give you them because it would make the Foundries better than the dungeons they made.

Enjoy the Foundry authors!
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • argroschargrosch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    Any word why it is down again @strumslinger ?

RIP Foundry

• iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Works for me as of 9 p.m. CST.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
    Was just down for like 4 hours yesterday.

RIP Foundry

There's a bug that greys out the button from time to time.
    Sorry for the late reply. I know that there is a bug, where the button is greyed out, but it was down like it was today (well this time they at least announced it). Button greyed out, saying something like The Foundry is currently not available. (when the bug hits, it says You need at least one char at lvl 15) - and the catalog was down too, like it was today.

Anyways, I´m glad they announced it this time.

RIP Foundry

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    argrosch said:

Anyways, I´m glad they announced it this time.

That "announcement" as a bug.
    The announcer didn't get the memo that they weren't spending ANY resources on Foundry.

• sidhemagesidhemage Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I noticed with the Sea of Moving Ice release the foundry was taken down. Any word as to when it is going to be available again?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    The foundry always comes down after any major update. It has something to do with how they set up the catalogue. Big updates basically force the catalogue to be rebublished. This process can take days or, in some past cases, weeks to months.
  • draugul#5785 draugul Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I can get in to the quest I am working on, But I cant place a thing. The list of all placeables is empty, as is the list of NPCs. Just my custom made characters are showing. Can someone give an update on whats going on? Will it be back later? Is it bugged? Or is it just being updated, and do we get more to play with in our custom quests?
  • dragonlorddrmdragonlorddrm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Unfortunately it does seem like the Foundry is broken at the moment.

I cannot even get in to edit my module as it just gets stuck on the "loading resources" screen.

It was working just fine prior to the latest patch.

Hopefully they can fix it soon.
    I realy dont understand why they dont see the profit in using the foundry.
    Players who are willing to spend days\years of work, on extra`s for your game. For free!
    So every player who stays, because of the mass of extra storylines it could create, would be profit.

So why don`t they upgrade the foundry? Give us freedom in creating a part of their world. We have doors, but not always the doorframes it belongs to. I can make a door locked by "class", but then the system says, its undoable.
    Being afraid for farmers? Well, keep your rewards! I dont need a epic armor at the end of my storyline. But oh man would I love to make some costume as reward for playing my story. The thing most roleplayers love the most. Being one of a kind. With a mass of costumes coming from the foundry, all players could have the looks they wanted. (or even just to cover up the to long dresses, for small characters....)
    And all they have to do, is giving us a bit more freedom.

But reality is, that I am waiting for many a day now, just to continue working on some hopeless effort to create a storyline, were it realy matters what class you are, and how you want to play the story.

It makes me sad.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    @draugul#5785 yep. if they just put one guy on the foundry, it'd make a world of difference. sadly.. =X
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited November 2016
    We're nearing that 1 month benchmark once again. You'd think after the Thanksgiving holiday break they'd make some sort of progress. Unfortunately, the catalog still displays: "Playing Foundry content has been temporarily disabled." Realistically, I'm honestly beginning to wonder how much longer before the "temporarily" part is removed? It would be sad, because a lot of people put incredible amounts of passion and effort into creating their quests. It's really the core of the actual "Dungeons and Dragons experience" and it's been a shame to see something so fundamental to this game's premise become marginalized over the past few modules. Prior evidence shows that the Gateway was "temporarily disabled" then scrapped a week later for server stability and budgetary reasons, so the cause for concern isn't invalid.

2016 has been a pretty down year for UGC with Sword Coast Legends going essentially belly-up and Cryptic's actions (inaction really) basically saying they're unable to keep the lights on in the Foundry. Lately it's difficult to remain optimistic about the health of the game overall, let alone the status of the Foundry. Dungeons and Dragons is about "telling fantastic stories while playing a tabletop game with your friends." It just seems that somewhere in the process, that aspect has been forsaken, in favor of ever repeatable content while attempting to attain exponentially higher levels of refining materials. Anyway, maybe @mimicking#6533 can right the ship, maybe they'll wake up and start working on getting the Foundry back up, maybe they won't. Maybe they don't have the time or the budget necessary. There's plenty of fires to put out lately, and only so many hoses. I'm beginning to feel really bad for those college students @weehawk101 has, who can't finish their assignment because of this. As it always is, it's frustrating for probably both the players and development team. I guess we'll all have to wait and see.
    Post edited by iandarksword on
  • sonji#4352 sonji Member Posts: 50 Arc User

We're nearing that 1 month benchmark once again. You'd think after the Thanksgiving holiday break they'd make some sort of progress. Unfortunately, the catalog still displays: "Playing Foundry content has been temporarily disabled." Realistically, I'm honestly beginning to wonder how much longer before the "temporarily" part is removed? It would be sad, because a lot of people put incredible amounts of passion and effort into creating their quests. It's really the core of the actual "Dungeons and Dragons experience" and it's been a shame to see something so fundamental to this game's premise become marginalized over the past few modules. Prior evidence shows that the Gateway was "temporarily disabled" then scrapped a week later for server stability and budgetary reasons, so the cause for concern isn't invalid.

2016 has been a pretty down year for UGC with Sword Coast Legends going essentially belly-up and Cryptic's actions (inaction really) basically saying they're unable to keep the lights on in the Foundry. Lately it's difficult to remain optimistic about the health of the game overall, let alone the status of the Foundry. Dungeons and Dragons is about "telling fantastic stories while playing a tabletop game with your friends." It just seems that somewhere in the process, that aspect has been forsaken, in favor of ever repeatable content while attempting to attain exponentially higher levels of refining materials. Anyway, maybe @mimicking#6533 can right the ship, maybe they'll wake up and start working on getting the Foundry back up, maybe they won't. Maybe they don't have the time or the budget necessary. There's plenty of fires to put out lately, and only so many hoses. I'm beginning to feel really bad for those college students @weehawk101 has, who can't finish their assignment because of this. As it always is, it's frustrating for probably both the players and development team. I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

IDK about a lot of other foundry creators, publishers, testers, and players but if cryptic couldnt afford to put somebody behind the support for foundry i would learn their code, processing and publishing technique and do it for free for them. Foundry is basically the reason i still play. The SoMI release just made a decent game untouchable for me. 500 dollars, 20m AD and i still dont have a char that can use their fancy newdangled weapons, which means not getting into their fancy new dungeon, which means not getting the stuff to refine said weapons, which means guess what another left behind because i refuse to spend anymore in this game then i already have. If all they care about is money and endgame then they should have a 200 dollar dummy coin. make lvl 70 char with all r12's 5 mounts, 5 companions and everything ready to go. Honestly i have characters from level 13-70 some level only from killing the occasional mob when doing rp sessions with the guild, some never get played unless a group is on that we all started together so we could all hit 70 at the same time while we complete the story....not the game. one single quest line, exploring every map completely, getting every little crevice in every map....ya like you would do on tabletop.......some of us do that in game as well... but with foundry off and no idea when it will be back...Well if you need help ask...most of us foundry would be willing to help if we can..(P.S. im way tired while writing this, so if it doesn't make any sense someone please message me and ill reread it and try to fix it when i wake up thank you)
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    Hey @nitocris83 .. You ever play any Foundry Quests? Didja know the Foundry's been down for awhile now?

Any chance of it getting some Foundry Love?
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited December 2016
    Why is Neverwinter always such a sad storyline in my life. I was helping a Moddingteam with the first NW. Oh man we had so mutch fun! I am not the one for big words and stuf, so I helped a friend, who was in a team, etc. I didnt care. I was happy making stuff others could use. And was proud to find it back in the game. Then there was NW2.... Ever seen a Adult man weep for days at end?... So depressed was I, for what they did with that game. All creative freedom we had, was gone. And even the game was unfinished.... I have seen the apologies from the creators on the fora, but it was to late for me. I was so depressed, I put the gamebox far away, so I didnt had to look at it, and tried to forget the game.
    So I ignored this NWO game, for a long time. And why o why did I still had to try it!!! I play abouth one month now. Just to learn that there is even less freedom in NWO, then there was in NW2. I play a Ranger, and what do I get... A weird half axe/mace thingy, they call sometimes a blade. And every NEW weapon I did get, was always again that weird looking thing.... Not even the freedom to pick your own weapon! This game is again made for one reason. To make money... And they used the work of creative minds to do so. And the sad part is, that those Creative minds most of the time just wants to make a nice game/world for others to play in.
    This is the new capitalistic system to the max. Make people unhappy, so they long for things that make them happy. And are willing to pay big for it. Cut down the creative minds, who just wants to make a better world. Enslave them, and just let them use their creativity when it makes profit.
    The most sad part of it is, that most people believe this is normal. Nothing is for free... Well.... Life is free, and the most presious at the same time. As is nature, and all in it. I pray we will someday be free of these slavers, and their money-minds. And then, my creative friends. Then we make a Neverwinter as it should be. A place all players can dream, and play the role they want, the way they want it...
  • luvmoreluvmore Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    This is so silly, i created a discussion yesterday about foundry, and it wasn't in the correct topic so they moved the discussion but didn't answer my question. They saw, but just didn't care. We are all trying to understand what's going on and nobody is willing to help us in this case.

JUST TELL US. :)
    Tell us, is it gone for good or is it going to be available again? If so, when?
    Simple as that.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Foundry is up..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Foundry is up..

It has been "up" since the last maintenance, but no assets are loaded into it. We can publish, but we can't really create anything. I double-checked after reading your post, and still nothing available for me to use.

Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Ah... I just saw my quests were ready and played them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • zandarinzandarin Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    It's only up in the sense that we can go into it and publish. We cannot create anything new right now though. I would REALLY love an update on the status from Cryptic.
    Post edited by zandarin on
    Ancient gamer from the time before Windows. :)
    My Art Site:
    www.dam3d.com
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    Meh, I'm making new DnD computer game content all the time.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • zandarinzandarin Member Posts: 8 Arc User

How?
    Ancient gamer from the time before Windows. :)
    My Art Site:
    www.dam3d.com
  • tyfighter77tyfighter77 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Well guys and gals, I'm flummoxed.

I first started playing NWO a few months after it went live. My first priority was getting to level 15 or whatever so I could start making quests in the Foundry. This is what brought me to the game and I was SO unbelievably excited about it. Man oh man.

I was about half way through an epic quest, a true masterpiece; a quest for the ages. Days and weeks I toiled. I tell you I had foundry fever... And then I got frustrated when I lost some work or something got bugged (don't remember). I was sad and took a 'break', that turned into like a year off. Oh I came back from time to time, playing the actual game, but never had the time to invest in my foundry quest. So it's been what, like 2 years?

Now, I'm getting divorced any day now (sad story) and you know what? I'm bored and desperate for something creative to do and I came back to my old mistress, the NWO Foundry. But she is empty and without substance. She has no assets. The outer shell is there but the Foundry does nothing for me. I need to create, but I can't. I have a gift, and it is wasted without the Foundry I used to know.

Look. I panicked and I found this thread and some of that pent up creativity leaked into this post. What I'm trying to say is (TL;DR): Where is the Foundry content? Is it coming back? What is happening? Does this happen every update? The wiki freaked me out because it uses the phrase 'abandoned'. Look my life is sad right now. Abandoned is a bad word. Bring it back okay? Whoever you are? You powers-that-be developer guys? Cmon seriously. You're killin me.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    zandarin said:

How?
    It sure isn't for Neverwinter Online, that's for sure.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • tyfighter77tyfighter77 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Clearly not a super active board. Can I at least assume the moderators read this? Am I totally wasting my proverbial breath?
    edited January 2017
    I'm glad to a least see that I'm not alone in screaming at this brick wall. The truth is that a large portion of active authors left early in 2016, after the announcement that there was no plan to devote time to the Foundry during that development year. There is still an active Facebook group, (search "Cryptic Foundry Authors" if interested, there are currently 48 members) however, the consensus over there has been that the devs have pretty much abandoned the Foundry community on these forums. People the devs once called their "most dedicated players," even receiving the endorsement of R.A. Salvatore himself, feel completely abandoned. Many still remain hopeful that eventually Cryptic will make an update, but realistically very few believe it will actually ever happen. Most have hinted that they would in fact return if updates to the Foundry did actually occur. Do the devs read these particular forums? That's debatable, but it seems they have been watching live streams, reading reddit, and searching fan sites in favor of feedback on their own forums. You aren't necessarily wasting your breath, but don't hold it in anticipation of any changes either.
    Post edited by iandarksword on
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    *sigh* I wanted to put in a couple of teleporters to cut down on the running around in my quest (and I finally know what I want to do story-wise for the sequel) and it's still broken.

Seriously? Devs, please tell us you're improving it. There's no excuse for a simple fix being delayed for this long.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured