test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do i use this???

Rank 8 frostburn enchantment.

I got it from a lockbox but it doesnt fit into anything no lvl req and says its for armor defense slot. Yet when i click to insert it. It wont show up in list.

What am i doing wrong??

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    I haven't seen one lately, but it should say armor enhancement slot, not defense if I remember it correctly.

Those slot don't generally appear in chest pieces(the only ones that get them) until a fairly high level. You didn't say what level you are, so I don't know if you even get them yet.
  • narthropi#4376 narthropi Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Im level 21 i got it when i was 16. And you are right. It makes sense. Thank you.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Keep hold of it.
    While not the best, its still useful the first time you pick up armour with the extra slot.
    As far as I can tell, the only down side to that particular enchantment (I have a couple slotted at the moment) is that it occasionally leaves a white sparkly trail behind the toon, that can trick you into thinking you just jumped over something important.
  • spoomeister#9137 spoomeister Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    There's very good reason to hold on to it until you have armor that can accommodate it, that's a great find at such an early level.

Alternatively, you could look up what the going price is for one of those in the auction house and flip it for astral diamonds.
  • speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    That will fit into a chest piece with a purple enhancement slot. You will prob start seeing that armor after level 60 (?). But yes, hang on to it because it will be a great start when you find the armor to use.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    When you factor in the AH cut, a Frostburn will fetch between 25 and 30k AD.
    Which, for what it does for a new player with a developing character, is a steal for the buyer and thus (imo) better in your bank till needed rather than traded. That's why if I haven't anything else that I've found, I buy one for my toons as soon as they get the armour to fit it.