test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Dungeon Key Change

Comments

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I have to seriously question the math in this game. Perhaps that's why everything has such a garbage drop rate.

I took 2 different artifacts to gold this weekend. Both had a 10% chance. One took 43 tries, the other took 32.

My friend took 37 tries on a 10% chance.

My BF also took two to gold - a 10% chance, both took over 20 preservation wards.

No one I know was able to get a 10% chance to upgrade in 10 or less wards. NO ONE (and shockingly I know quite a few people)- so unless there is a whole guild of people who got it on the first shot - it wasn't actually a 10% chance.

Now apply this to loot in a dungeon. Two of my characters are still holding on to their first eLoL key because there has never been anything in that chest I wanted. I have run that dungeon at least once a day on my two mains for 4 months, so probably 300-400 runs (minimum) and not once has anything dropped in that special key chest (the chest on the right)- less than a 1% chance to get anything out of that chest?

I'll repeat what I want:
    Coal wards
    stacks of preservation wards
    high level enchants
    armor/weapon kits
    large amounts of AD
    companion tokens
    HIGH level refinement
    artifacts
    trade bars
    enchanted keys
    more options for higher level gear (that doesn't require upkeep - this is a game not a job. It's imaginary gear - not a pet)

What I find in a level appropriate chest should give me the ability to take my character to the next level - that's how dungeons and dragons works, and has worked since the 70's.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• mikal#9243 mikal Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I imagine the developers are looking at these demands and thinking many of us are crazy. Of course the majority of you are right, but again i echo my previous point. If recent changes are intended to address the issue of less zen being purchased then there is no chance of coal wards or high AD rewards ever being included outside of the zen market. You are right to ask for it but it isnt going to happen. I would happily buy coal wards if my armor enchantments up to greater were makeable using preservation wards. At the moment we have to use a coal ward for EVERY stage, here in the UK that's £8 every time. So i can't make a max lvl armor enchantment for less than £50? I can get a brand new AAA game for that.
  • swirve#6429 swirve Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The silence is deafening.

Is an update from the devs looking into this too much to ask for? Are you waiting until the black friday spend is over?

I for one just bought a new mid tier gaming PC so I can play Civ 6. Money i might have spent is no longer going your way.

I suspect with xmas coming if you decide to continue with the mushroom treatment further customers will leave to other new adventures, especially on the PS4.
  • namebrandnamebrand Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    A month now and no word...looks like maybe the "they'll just put it off and hope everyone forgets about it" crowd was right.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    There is not "no word". Multiple Cryptic staff are working on it. No changes to how keys currently work were pushed out. And people successfully running Svardborg (which is piloting improved loot tables) have indicated that the drops are pretty decent.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • namebrandsnamebrands Member Posts: 21 Arc User

There is not "no word". Multiple Cryptic staff are working on it. No changes to how keys currently work were pushed out. And people successfully running Svardborg (which is piloting improved loot tables) have indicated that the drops are pretty decent.

Yeah, we know no key changes were pushed out, that was in the original post on the thread :neutral:

As far as "no word", We're talking about updates, thoughts, theories, ideas, SOME word as to what they might be thinking/doing, other than "we're working on it with 2.345345345345 people!". Although, as I type this it occurs to me that they probably won't post anything at all until the definitive decisions/changes are made. As we all know they generally never fail to disappoint, and posting early about whatever less than desirable changes they finally decide on will only make more people leave that much sooner.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Yup, clearly the positive initial impressions of Svardborg loot are nothing but a ruse. A cunning attempt to trick you.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Yup, clearly the positive initial impressions of Svardborg loot are nothing but a ruse. A cunning attempt to trick you.

Bwahahaha.

If we weren't able to decline chests the loot in msva would be TERRIBLE.

Bound rings, RP that you won't need after you've gotten your epic marks, and legendary marks that take about 200 runs to get while declining chests that don't have them and using legendary dragon keys (because otherwise you'll have A LOT of down time between runs).
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • trivialrage#6656 trivialrage Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    The company mAking money is and should be their main concern. We should all understand that. But for the love of God, can I get some value for my time and money spent. If you want to sell more zen then put better and new stuff on the zen store, lower the price more than 50 for legendary keys if you will force us to use them. Give us our odds of pulling good loot, and use the tables that someone posted, they were well thought out and fair.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

can I get some value for my time and money spent?

https://youtu.be/FuNJq_wI1ns

That sums up my feelings about Mod 10/10.5

I aim to misbehave
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    kreatyve said:

Well obviously if companions or mounts would drop, they would have to give it a low drop rate. Gear and RP stuff would need to be "common rewards" with low drop rate rewards being really good "OMG, look what I just got out of this chest, I didn't even know I could get this, this is incredible" type stuff.

I agree with this statement and the feeling. To me it's like getting an artifact or SMOP out of dread ring, those are easy easy lairs and go very quick, I don't expect great rewards but sometimes you land something good and useful and it is a very pleasant surprise.

I actually feel like the greater marks from dread ring are better than the junk in the coffer at the end of CN, I find myself not taking either chest any more and I have stacks and stacks of epic keys.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
    Lol, i have several hundred epic keys on a few of my alts each...just dont feel any value in running dungeons unless others need. Given the dire looy on offer. Had more success in 20 to 30 Tia runs of late than in countless dungeons.
    Please dont nerf tia rewards on reading the above.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i do still have stack of "dungeon keys" from VIP, i stop gathering the keys since my bags are nearly full. it is a real demoralizing to get junks each time and every time i go, not worth time running thru dungeons, and they nerfed salvagings too.
    man, i still have to clear out some items for winter festival, GGGRRR! what a lazy devs we ever seen in online history. no new vault update for banks or character tabs.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I have a few gripes about Mod 10, but do we really need to get personal and insult cryptic and the Dev's all the time. Its cheap and easy to bash them everytime something isn't to our liking. Imagine if someone turned up at your work and called you the laziest person of all time . . . . . (must admit I've done it as well though)

There needs to be some incentive for us to spend $$, it isn't a charity. the other day I was wondering if you could make appearance changes for your companions, I'd be up for some of those, turn my conman into a beholder for example
    we have been waiting for several months on so many problems that seem they get ignored by devs when they nerfing other things when these are on lowest priority and we need major updates. we all know about upcoming key change and no words on updating the chest loots.
    i just noticed STO's recent patch update, man, that was huge bug fix updates, and they did good job.
  • drewdaahole#7934 drewdaahole Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    To get back on track... i think updating the loot in major updates is the thing id like to see the most add new artifact sets etc... keep cuurent dungeons relevant or the game will die off quickly
    This is pitiful. Still not even a minor update on what 2.5 FTE are doing.
  • diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Who care to be honest ^^
    I log only to do mdemo for twisted.

Most of my friends switched to Let it die ( another f2p but completely different when it comes to pay wall. If you like bloodborn and Gantz and crazy stuff, you need to try it asap, ps4 exclusive) since no move or update from cryptic.

The first month i played, just after i hit lvl 70, i had some artifacts drops in the well vs dragons and dunjons.

I played almost everyday since then and it's been 2 months, not a single drop...
    Only useless rings...

I did maybe 200 dwarfs skirmishs( not mentioning demo), i never had and probably will never have the books for the 2 last boons...
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

The company mAking money is and should be their main concern. We should all understand that. But for the love of God, can I get some value for my time and money spent. If you want to sell more zen then put better and new stuff on the zen store, lower the price more than 50 for legendary keys if you will force us to use them. Give us our odds of pulling good loot, and use the tables that someone posted, they were well thought out and fair.

It is very simple.

I refuse to run any dungeon that will not let me decline the chest. And will try to force me to open it up and accept the loot inside. Even if i do not want it.

That means i will not run any of the content coming out or i will just not even try to open a chest in the end unless i made a key in the campg.

And will never again buy a legendary key for Zen. I expect my whole guild will do the same.

It is the only logical thing to do.
    You want me to spend money , for your game , as a company ? Make me an offer i can not refuse. Or do not and live with it.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

if we buy a new character slot, it should have come with 2 free 36 slots bags.

thier market team are terrible and overpriced on everything. it is just pixels.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    There is an update in the PC forum I have no idea why they would hide this from XBox and PS4 players.

Greetings adventurers! I just wanted to give you all an update on the Dungeon key changes. After a lot of review and planning, we’ve completed all the updates, changes and fixes, all of which are now being tested in house.
    After the new year, and once we get the green light from QA , we’ll be putting the updates on (preview) for all to try out and give feedback. When we do, I’ll give as full a layout as I can on what changes were made. For now I can tell you that we’ve made huge changes in the rewards tables, both in drop rates and in adding in lots of new gear and items.

“WHAT? – More gear?! Cool but my bags are already brimming! “

Working on the changes, and listening to your feedback we also have added in a new tab. We call it Useful Items, what you have been calling “keyring” It’s a new tab in the inventory where you can keep all your keys. Keys that take up space; space you’ll need for loot!
    We know (hopefully) you’ll have lots of questions about this; once we get ready to put this up on preview we’ll roll out more details and answer questions then.
    Thanks and thanks again for your previous feedback and in helping us make Neverwinter be the game you want to play.

Regards,
    Thomas “Mimic King” Foss

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Well met, everyone!

Julia ( @nitocris83 ) had to take the night off so she wanted us to let you all know here as soon as
    Thomas' ( @mimicking#6533 ) thread was up in the Preview Forums:
    Dungeon Key and Useful Items for Preview

Please head on over there and take a look and if you do any testing on preview, please provide
    your feedback in that thread there.

Thanks!
    ~The Community Team
  • bwbake#4724 bwbake Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Phew!! I heard about the change from my guild yesterday and I was freaking out. This is a great thing ya have done by listening to your community.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Just pvp all day.. I log on just to chat now..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • osea101#6331 osea101 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I've definitely overspent on this game. I really hate mmos on pc so I was super excited for my first mmo on the consoles. I've spent upwards of 600 dollars since I started this summer. Most of it on lockbox keys. I still have 0 legendary drops from the boxes. I am only at IL 2800.

That's really pathetic. And yes I do regret spending all that money. The keys were definitely a noob-trap and, in retrospect, a scam.
    I feel the same way... so does 99% of china, that's why they passed laws saying games must show the % chance of all items to be earned by chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    I spent many thousands and I still don't have a legendary mount....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User

Sounds good, but I'll believe it when I see it. If it's BS, then... I'll keep those ill wishes toward the devs and PWE to myself, but you can guess what they are. If true, then Gj Cryptic. One major step towards a loooooong path required to get back my respect. The new gear sounds especially promising. Here's hoping.

Yes, smells fishy that they go through the hassle of introducing a new tab when it probably would have been more efficient to increase the stack size from 99 to 999 or just make all BtC refine stuff BtA.

Its a Trap
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    edited January 2017
    it was easier to get until Mod 6, they added more RNG than it was intended. so we lose way too much. i just stop buying VIP, i just let it expired few days ago. my wallet seal tight not renewing for scam that supporting RNG.

it still free to play.