test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Treasure Map Locations (Video + Screenshot)

Comments

• floppiesfloppies Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    great work, dude, we did nearly the same :)
    ..but we still not got all treasure maps..
    so, peps out there, we want to share our work aswell

http://imgur.com/a/Q1yNC

Fishing locations are named in german, and still missing the last spot..*sigh*
    Treasuremaps-location are a little more detailed, maybe helpfull if you have diffuculties to find it with the map from General Wei.

Thanks for support to my guild "LichtBringer mit Bart"
    Frank Pilz@floppies
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    @strumslinger , @kreatyve , @ironzerg79 or any of the other mods whose names escape me, please sticky this thread as it is invaluable to the playerbase and should be easy to find. Like it or loathe it, fishing is currently the only game in town and having access to a set of maps for the Treasure Map locations is an invaluable asset for all players. So it should be easy for them to find :)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    qexotic said:

@strumslinger , @kreatyve , @ironzerg79 or any of the other mods whose names escape me, please sticky this thread as it is invaluable to the playerbase and should be easy to find. Like it or loathe it, fishing is currently the only game in town and having access to a set of maps for the Treasure Map locations is an invaluable asset for all players. So it should be easy for them to find :)

I'll ask Andy if we can when he gets in today.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    qexotic said:

kreatyve said:

qexotic said:

Moved it to Moonstone Mask to be with the other guides, maps, and databases of information. I found a few outdated stickies that were 3 years old and hadn't been replied to in over a year, so I unstickied them to make room for this one. Cheers!

zebular said:

qexotic said:

kreatyve said:

qexotic said:

Moved it to Moonstone Mask to be with the other guides, maps, and databases of information. I found a few outdated stickies that were 3 years old and hadn't been replied to in over a year, so I unstickied them to make room for this one. Cheers!

@zebular With all due respect, this is possibly the worst possible place to put it. It is the very last place I would think of looking and I was only able to find this thread at all again by looking in my posting history. The Moonstone Mask is where people go to discuss pretty much everything EXCEPT the current game and is not the place I would imagine most players currently fishing in SoMI will go to for help with locating treasure maps. My choice would be at the top of the General Discussion section where players will see it without having to search for it....pretty please with sugar on :)

• blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    qexotic said:

@zebular With all due respect, this is possibly the worst possible place to put it. It is the very last place I would think of looking and I was only able to find this thread at all again by looking in my posting history. The Moonstone Mask is where people go to discuss pretty much everything EXCEPT the current game and is not the place I would imagine most players currently fishing in SoMI will go to for help with locating treasure maps. My choice would be at the top of the General Discussion section where players will see it without having to search for it....pretty please with sugar on :)

Although I hit "Agree" on the post, I think this is important enough to warrant an "I Agree" post as well. The only way I found this is because I had the post bookmarked.

I think the Moonstone Mask would be a good place to move it once Mod 11 comes out, but for the amount of people asking for links to the map in zone chat, it would be so much more useful - and read - if it were under General Discussion now.

Thank you very much for the sticky - just Please reconsider the section. :smile:
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2016
    qexotic said:

zebular said:

qexotic said:

kreatyve said:

qexotic said:

qexotic said:

Although I hit "Agree" on the post, I think this is important enough to warrant an "I Agree" post as well. The only way I found this is because I had the post bookmarked.

I think the Moonstone Mask would be a good place to move it once Mod 11 comes out, but for the amount of people asking for links to the map in zone chat, it would be so much more useful - and read - if it were under General Discussion now.

Thank you very much for the sticky - just Please reconsider the section. :smile:
    We'll put a temporary redirect in General and sticky it for an undetermined amount of time. However, it's proper home is the Moonstone Mask regardless of how one may perceive the forum. It is sad that most assume Moonstone Mask is not a place to look for game knowledge, as it is the proper home for general guides and game knowledge.
    The Moonstone Mask - A place for introductions, help, RP, events, and D&D chat.
    As you can see from past history of the Moonstone Mask, we have almost always treated this "help" part as meaning the proper place for Guides that do not fall into the Class Forums. Very rarely do we allow guides in General, especially when they are on a singular and specific topic. Hopefully this will help to bring attention to this and bring more traffic and proper use of the Moonstone Mask forum.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    The first bottle I opened after I hit the 5 hour achievement was the boat-map.
    Coincident? Did you find the purple boat much sooner or later? Just asking, if might relieve some players if they know the boat is a certain drop after 5 hours fishing.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!

The first bottle I opened after I hit the 5 hour achievement was the boat-map.
    Coincident? Did you find the purple boat much sooner or later? Just asking, if might relieve some players if they know the boat is a certain drop after 5 hours fishing.

Unfortunately, I would have to second the 'pure RNG' suggestion. My HR found his boat several Bottles after achieving his 5 hour fishing achievement but my CW got his from the very first bottle he opened. On the other hand, my poor little SW is till waiting for either a Dragonbone Khyek or an Epic Fishing Rod. Such is the nature of NW RNG :(

edited November 2016
    zebular said:

qexotic said:

zebular said:

qexotic said:

kreatyve said:

qexotic said:

qexotic said:

We'll put a temporary redirect in General and sticky it for an undetermined amount of time. However, it's proper home is the Moonstone Mask regardless of how one may perceive the forum. It is sad that most assume Moonstone Mask is not a place to look for game knowledge, as it is the proper home for general guides and game knowledge.
    @zebular, thankyou for putting in the link. My main objective was to have the thread stickied in a place that most players would see it and use it. By your own admission, most players do not look in the Moonstone Mask section for help. Perception is everything in these matters. No matter what the intent, if the people who use the forums do not recognise or perceive how a particular section is intended to be used...then they will not use it for that purpose. Maybe it is time to either rename the Moonstone Mask section to something more meaningful/appropriate or to introduce a section specifically to hold Help threads of this nature with a more straightforward, easily understood title that players will see, understand and make use of ? At the moment, I do not know anyone who uses the Moonstone Mask section and I have never been directed there or had anyone suggest looking there before you did today in the whole time I have been using this forum. That may explain why the stickied threads you have just deleted didn't get updated for such a long time. Nobody who might have used them knew they were there.

zebular said:

The Moonstone Mask - A place for introductions, help, RP, events, and D&D chat.
    As you can see from past history of the Moonstone Mask, we have almost always treated this "help" part as meaning the proper place for Guides that do not fall into the Class Forums. Very rarely do we allow guides in General, especially when they are on a singular and specific topic. Hopefully this will help to bring attention to this and bring more traffic and proper use of the Moonstone Mask forum.
    Thank you very much for this. I understand it can be difficult to get users to use the forum sections properly, hopefully this will be helpful in redirecting to Moonstone Mask for the general guide purpose. I'm actually surprised to hear that it is supposed to be the home for general guides and game knowledge. It makes sense, now that you explained it, but I don't really see people using it as such. Perhaps a sub-topic under General Discussion or the class forums header would be more attended.

Regardless, I do thank you for the redirect. I think a lot of people will get use out of it now that they can find they thread. :smile:

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User

The many sections for NW were useful 2 years ago when lots of people were playing the game and posting on the forum.
    These days the differentiation is not as useful as it used to be due to a decreased player/poster base.

I wonder if a whole section is profitable while only a handful of players posts there.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    edited November 2016
    @zebular one final passing thought. If the Moonstone Mask is the official proper home for general guides and game knowledge why hasn't this thread been moved there and stickied:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1203340/unrepentant-guide-to-dragon-speed-dating

Just curious >:)

Actually, I've just had another thought while browsing the forums. If you go to the main Neverwinter 'home' page on the forums:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/categories

The Moonstone Mask section doesn't even appear, so is it any surprise a lot of players never use it or visit it ? You do have 'Player Corner: Step up to the bar and have a drink in the famous inn of the Jewel of the North' which is how I suspect a lot of players think of the Moonstone Mask due to it's title and what it actually is as a place in the game.

This is great! Thanks for the names of the fishing spots, I was making hand written notes all over trying to figure it out, so you saved me a bunch of time, too.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    I'm also a little slow and just realized yesterday that the fishing holes are not there all the time. I was wondering why I couldn't find one I had visited before, and then yesterday the one a group and I was fishing in "depleted" and went away. Really getting slow to figure things out in my old age. :smiley:
    edited November 2016

The many sections for NW were useful 2 years ago when lots of people were playing the game and posting on the forum.
    These days the differentiation is not as useful as it used to be due to a decreased player/poster base.

I wonder if a whole section is profitable while only a handful of players posts there.

qexotic said:

@zebular one final passing thought. If the Moonstone Mask is the official proper home for general guides and game knowledge why hasn't this thread been moved there and stickied:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1203340/unrepentant-guide-to-dragon-speed-dating

Just curious >:)

Actually, I've just had another thought while browsing the forums. If you go to the main Neverwinter 'home' page on the forums:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/categories

The Moonstone Mask section doesn't even appear, so is it any surprise a lot of players never use it or visit it ? You do have 'Player Corner: Step up to the bar and have a drink in the famous inn of the Jewel of the North' which is how I suspect a lot of players think of the Moonstone Mask due to it's title and what it actually is as a place in the game.

Just to start: To keep the thread on topic, this will be my last reply here about guides and forum use. Never-the-less, we've discussed the underlying issues and are pleased to say that we'll be implementing a Guides Forum in the near future. As well, this new forum will also usher in the recreation and maintaining of a Class Guides Index.

If anyone has any comments, suggestions, or would like to discuss the future Guides Forum, please feel free to Private Message me or post on my wall. I made a comment there moments ago about it. As for the speed guide, it was determined that the PvE forum was the best place for that Guide as it was a guide for combating dragons instead of just general database like knowledge.

edited November 2016

Updated, cleaned-up version.

Thanks so much for your hard work. Looks great
    Post edited by blackjackwidow on
  • melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User

update: Very Nice image of MANY OF THEM !!!!
    http://imgur.com/xZvIpIj

Well that map was created by me and my guild.

Thank you to you and your guild from the Aussies, New Zealanders and other members of Fair Dinkum. Your work has saved us a great deal of frustration and we appreciate you :)

• shadows1313shadows1313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    Here's the data my guild and i put together so far regarding treasure maps. Click on the maps in there to get the details about its location and all. We also updated the fish location map a bit adding which fishing spot give which rare fish turned into resources.
    Hope this will help all those treasure hunters out there :p
    Link
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User

Here's the data my guild and i put together so far regarding treasure maps. Click on the maps in there to get the details about its location and all. We also updated the fish location map a bit adding which fishing spot give which rare fish turned into resources.
    Hope this will help all those treasure hunters out there :p
    Link

Thx, fantastic :)
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
    @imgeneralwei What is the significance of the red coordinates? Are they unconfirmed, or contain something special?

I ask because I just found 5453, 2478. The coordinates are close (mine said 5458, 2464, but I was looking straight down over the top of character). The loot was nothing special - some ostorian relics, krill, and a bunch of fish with none of them being the guttable type.
  • ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I've combined the multiple maps into one since searching through multiple pictures is inconvenient and confusing (Plus gives me headache!). Hope this will be useful to some of you. These info are gathered by many helpful players in Neverwinter and not by me :)

There's the original version, and also another bulky version with all the helpful notes in 1 map if anyone didn't like having 2 pics.

http://imgur.com/a/Y7xNY
    Post edited by ichimaruginx on
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

update: Very Nice image of MANY OF THEM !!!!
    http://imgur.com/xZvIpIj

Almost furthest North Eastern Island at the top.
    http://imgur.com/FDTqpB8
    Run up the Hill Here
    http://imgur.com/uKw4fXO

Now I am looking for this one:
    http://imgur.com/7kdMXX0

Another Map Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Nv5IQAikc

Another Unknown:
    http://imgur.com/a/R0r0v

Well that map was created by me and my guild.

http://imgur.com/iJPbWWLf Here is a update with the Blue Fishing Circles & maps, I don't know how this map got leaked, I just shared it in Teamspeak with my Guildies and Alliance but somehow it still got many other Peoples.

Thanks for the hard work. You saved me and countless other ppl hours of searching. You know, that it is THAT good, that I got pmed or told in TS from several different ppl from different guilds about your map.

Danke euch allen.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Update:
    • Added clearer treasure clue images with treasure locations marked by "X". (provided by @zimmermant and his guild, Black Lotus)
    • Added additional and more detailed Helpful Notes.
    • Added Map Pointers for confused rabbits.
    Album Link: http://imgur.com/a/Y7xNY

Post edited by ichimaruginx on
  • drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User

I sigh .. poeple making about ten times as much fishing then playing dungeons.

this HAMSTER game.

Don't worry... i'm about 5 hours in... never caught a single fish :(