test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Advice on Bonding Runestones and Companions

I currently have three bonding runestones (all rank 9) on my companion, which from what I have read seems to be the best setup. Please feel free to contradict me on this statement if appropriate!!

I’m looking to upgrade them during the next double RP weekend, but seeing as you need two rank 9’s to make one rank 10, I would be losing a bonding runestone in the process. Would I be better off waiting until I can afford to buy another rank 9, and so keeping my current three rank 9 setup, or should I convert 2 of my 9’s into a 10, and then add a different third runestone, such as an Eldritch which gives a permanent, all be it smaller, stat bonus.

Any advice given would be greatly appreciated.

I currently have a 2.8K GWF with Blink Dog as my active companion due to its quick attack cooldown, if that’s relevant. Any suggestions for a better suited companion for a GWF would also be welcome. I also have a Yeti, which someone told me is a decent companion for a GWF.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• metalicum1metalicum1 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Always keep 3 bondings, do not refine unless you have a spare one. You will loose stats! Unless you have an augment, no stat is permanent, so no standard runestones into you companion.

As far as Companions go, as a DPS you should have 1 summoned with 3 offense slots for bondings and at least 2 rings for item slots (rings are the best). Air Archon or Fire Archon are good option. Then you should have 4 active, Yeti's fine, Siege master is a must have, Erinyes of Belial is fantastic (probably one of BiS), dancing blade, Air and fire archons, Blink Dog is good, Intellect Devouer is also fine.

Active proc is no longer relevant imho
    Aris Meyde CW MoF Renegade

[PS4] Alliance - House Stargaryen
  • bdugbdug Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Attack time on pets is no longer relevant since bonding stones now proc at the same time instead of needing to stack up over time.

You are better off with a ranged companion as your summoned. Melee pets die more often and will give you less uptime on your buff. It's not much less honestly, but every bit helps.
  • badboyboogie#8626 badboyboogie Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Thanks for both replies.

I may have to give that archer from the current siege event a try, as it's ranged with three offence slots, although unfortunately none of them are rings.

I'll definitely pick up Siege Master when funds permit, plus I've had my eye on those two Archons for a while, but their prices keep steadily climbing on the auction house!! I might have to wait for the Glorious lockbox to return for them!!
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Often what I'll do if I'm limited currency wise is to refine them during the event to the point where they are all 'ready to upgrade'.

I'm then free to do the last stage whenever I'm ready without it costing me extra refinement.

So yes, refine all 3 up to 'ready' and upgrade one at a time as resources permit.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • badboyboogie#8626 badboyboogie Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Often what I'll do if I'm limited currency wise is to refine them during the event to the point where they are all 'ready to upgrade'.

I'm then free to do the last stage whenever I'm ready without it costing me extra refinement.

So yes, refine all 3 up to 'ready' and upgrade one at a time as resources permit.

Good tip. :smile:
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    If all 3 are at rank 9, use two to make a rank 10, then buy a rank 8...(you'll have a 10,9,8)...dump refinement into the 8, buy another 8, make those two a 9....(then you'll have 10,9,9) and start over, make the two 9's a 10 and rinse and repeat until you have three 10's, then all you have to do is dump rp (and marks) into them to further rank up