test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

make the solo pvp queue permanent!!!!

wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
edited November 2016 in PvP Discussion
Please, thread (posted a thread on Reddit too).

I played last night and had a massive amount of fun for once, I was actually able to kill a lot of people and have some really good fun games. Makes such a difference seeing people play instead of sit for 8mins and do nothing etc.

I had a few wins and a couple of losses, mixed teams and just generally had a good time, that has not happened in PvP for such a long time for me.

Please bring solo queue in for good.
Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
Alts :
Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• roleplayingtvroleplayingtv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 314 Arc User
    YES, plz

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Simply the best event ever added to Xbox neverwinter. Please consider keeping it up permanently.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    It was the 1st time I have actually enjoyed playing PvP for months, I actually cannot wait until this evening so I can play some more :)

As soon as this event is over I am going to be so bored again :(
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • frenzal#4831 frenzal Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    I completely agree. Instead of getting stomped and putting up zero kills, waiting for matches vs premades to be over... I'm having fun! It made me realize I'm not broken. I went 20 kills/1 death in a match last night. It made me feel bad, but it was really nice for a change.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Every match I've been in has been close, no need to trade caps on either side. No camping on either side. Love it!

I completely agree. Instead of getting stomped and putting up zero kills, waiting for matches vs premades to be over... I'm having fun! It made me realize I'm not broken. I went 20 kills/1 death in a match last night. It made me feel bad, but it was really nice for a change.

Exactly this... I was beginning to wonder how the heck I can be so good in PvE but so bad in PvE... This solo queue has given the PUG guys a chance :)

I had a couple of extremely close games and another couple where I went 15-20 kills and 1-2 deaths :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

Bring the SoloQ event to the game to do what? to being killed by a 4k IL char instead of two?? I don't get why players do enjoy this at all... unless they do enjoy using over performing classes and mechanics...

Maybe some players prefer the 5:1 odds of blackjack as opposed to the 35:1 odds of roulette. When your boon activity has not moved in months... ANY improvement is appreciated. Still, you do have a point. Solo Q is not a permanent fix. Stop-gap solution @ best.

• bajancloakbajancloak Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Its not they about enjoying using over performing classes and mechanics or killed by a 4k char. Its about having a better pvp experience by having a chance at move balanced games.
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    There are positives to the solo q bringing people back to PvP that haven't played in a while. Still as someone said above its a temporary fix. In the end the Titanic is still going down unless they patch the holes and build new bulkheads instead of life boats.

They need to start breathing new life into pvp by fixing broken class mechanics and maybe adding some new maps and game types. I mean come on three years and all we have to show for new content is abandoned SH siege?
  • indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Despite there being no reward for the solo Q dom (NCL for consoles PLZ) its still a blast. I've Q'd atleast 10 games on both XB1 and PS4, thus far XB1 is the ideal scenario where you're seeing alot of 3k to 4k players, occasionally i played against a guildmate, but the games were always close with alot of kills being traded.

PS4 left me realizing the average player is still 2600 to 2800 in dusk/drow and they may not have an enchant yet. One 3k enemy could chop down my whole team and would eventually realize fighting me was a waste of their time and they would avoid me the rest of the game. I would love to see more solo Q but the community still needs time to progress before it has a balanced feeling pvp scene.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    @the detractors,

You're in hospital with a deadly, painful disease. The nurse came in, hooked a new drip to your arm, and suddenly, a huge hunk of the pain went away. You were able to get up and move around for the first time in weeks.

The doctor comes in, he says, "Mr. PvP, sorry we aren't able to cure you completely right now, but in the meantime, we can considerably improve your quality of life..."

Are you guys seriously suggesting that Mr. PvP tell the doc. to take a hike..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Joined a soloQ dom with my undergeared HR. Enemy team got more geared GWF, TRs, GFs. I died a lot. But.
    Since it was not a premade, my team could cap/ fight back on other points. We started winning. Then they surpassed us briefly. Then we changed our strategy and kept capping consistently. We died a lot, killed a lot. In the end i could stall the GWF through a good timing of my heals, fox shift/cunning and dodges. We won, it was a true fight. Didn't experience it since the last solo queue.

So yeah, i prefer soloQ over premadefest queue all the time. It doesn't fix class balance or single players balance, but it fixes team balance.
    PvP is played in teams. Since iLvL and class matchups/ balance is a long way to go, fixing at least team balance is a good thing. Jon explained it above.

Plus, even if you fix class balance and iLvL issues/boons/mounts gap, you still need to balance teams. You can't really wait for a matchmaking to slowly rank up people playing in premades and pugstomping, to separate them from solo players. You need to bring back people to PvP immediately. Fast. And the way is to give them at least team balance, and games where they don't have to camp spawn or trade caps. Games where they can fight, where a 4k will kill them but then on another point they will fight an equally geared player or weaker enemy because the enemy team is not a 4k premade but a mixed group and there is an actual fight and not a 1-sided stomping. A match where in your team there are enough stronger toons to keep the geared enemies occupied while you fight players of your iLvL, instead of a fully geared PvP team stomping a 2k pug team because, well, the geared guys queued all together so you ended up with 5x4k toons facing 5x2k toons (happens frequently in premadeland queue).

If a low gear player keeps getting stomped with no chance to fight back (premadeland queue), he will give up.
    If a low geared player gets stomped by one 4k enemy, then manage to kill another (weaker), then meets another and loses but can fight a bit, exc...he will be pushed to improve. Because he sees that he CAN FIGHT BACK.
    On the other side, a neverending series of games where groups of geared players stomp him and he cannot even kill a single enemy. will make him run away from PvP.
    pando83 said:

Joined a soloQ dom with my undergeared HR. Enemy team got more geared GWF, TRs, GFs. I died a lot. But.
    Since it was not a premade, my team could cap/ fight back on other points. We started winning. Then they surpassed us briefly. Then we changed our strategy and kept capping consistently. We died a lot, killed a lot. In the end i could stall the GWF through a good timing of my heals, fox shift/cunning and dodges. We won, it was a true fight. Didn't experience it since the last solo queue.

So yeah, i prefer soloQ over premadefest queue all the time. It doesn't fix class balance or single players balance, but it fixes team balance.
    PvP is played in teams. Since iLvL and class matchups/ balance is a long way to go, fixing at least team balance is a good thing. Jon explained it above.

Plus, even if you fix class balance and iLvL issues/boons/mounts gap, you still need to balance teams. You can't really wait for a matchmaking to slowly rank up people playing in premades and pugstomping, to separate them from solo players. You need to bring back people to PvP immediately. Fast. And the way is to give them at least team balance, and games where they don't have to camp spawn or trade caps. Games where they can fight, where a 4k will kill them but then on another point they will fight an equally geared player or weaker enemy because the enemy team is not a 4k premade but a mixed group and there is an actual fight and not a 1-sided stomping. A match where in your team there are enough stronger toons to keep the geared enemies occupied while you fight players of your iLvL, instead of a fully geared PvP team stomping a 2k pug team because, well, the geared guys queued all together so you ended up with 5x4k toons facing 5x2k toons (happens frequently in premadeland queue).

If a low gear player keeps getting stomped with no chance to fight back (premadeland queue), he will give up.
    If a low geared player gets stomped by one 4k enemy, then manage to kill another (weaker), then meets another and loses but can fight a bit, exc...he will be pushed to improve. Because he sees that he CAN FIGHT BACK.
    On the other side, a neverending series of games where groups of geared players stomp him and he cannot even kill a single enemy. will make him run away from PvP.

Exactly this.... Again last night I planned on playing PvP for an hour, which then turned in to 3hrs as I was having so much fun, then I did not get my normal dailies done :)

This has to be a good thing and I never had to queue for more than 1min.

Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I have not seen a great improvement in match-ups with the solo Q compared to days before solo Q with "normal" domination (where I came up against partial premades on both teams mainly). An example is that last night the enemy team had 1 single 4000 combat ranger with amazing speed who basically carried the whole enemy team, hopping from one node to the next, slaughtering us before stopping us cap the next node, again with amazing speed.

Also, we, who write in these forums are a sub-sample of those who try and participate in solo Q pvp. Have you tried speaking to the lower item level players who do not linger on this forum to see what they think of it? You will find that enthusiasm is not so great on their side.

Disclaimer: pug, under 3000k, with virtually no guild boons, so I have no incentive to sabotage anything.
    Post edited by nezdin#5514 on
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • Make it Permanent. Definitely needs to happen!
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited November 2016

I have not seen a great improvement in match-ups with the solo Q compared to days before solo Q with "normal" domination (where I came up against partial premades on both teams mainly). An example is that last night the enemy team had 1 single 4000 combat ranger with amazing speed who basically carried the whole enemy team, hopping from one node to the next, slaughtering us before stopping us cap the next node, again with amazing speed.

Also, we, who write in these forums are a sub-sample of those who try and participate in solo Q pvp. Have you tried speaking to the lower item level players who do not linger on this forum to see what they think of it? You will find that enthusiasm is not so great on their side.

Disclaimer: pug, under 3000k, with virtually no guild boons, so I have no incentive to sabotage anything.

I can understand this being a 4k HR I have seen this where as the 4k on other team was a DC or OP and all other 6 players were 3k or less so it really was not an even fight all I had to do was cap and defend some times as against as many as 3 or 4 of other team. But still you at least had a chance and could get points whereas I grow so tired of drawing 4 players under 3k and facing 3 PVP BIS guild members. I often reach out to the lower IL enemy players and wish them GG and offer to help them with little tips of what to do when they get rolled over and hopefully it helps. Then I also encourage them to keep at it took me 2 years to get to where I am and once I struggled as they do.

I Think Solo Que is a win due to it draws lots back to PVP but unless as in Nezdins case they bring more balance to party then Solo que wont last once the newness wears off. Maybe a reward system for new players that gives them more chances for better gear based on strictly certain number of PVP matches played
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Its way more fun then regular 5v5 domination.. as a GWF I rarely get picked up for sweaty games because im just rogue bait without a dodge. Playing solo que dom has given me a repreive from all these into the fray first strike, smoke bomb shocking execution shadow of demise rogues that hit for like 180k then 90k a few seconds later.

People are enjoying this. Most games even as a 4.2k GWF I can't run and solo everything simply because I can't be everywhere at once so people feel like they have a chance and hey look they can beat me so they keep queing up because ITS FUN. NO ONE WANTS TO QUE UP SOLO VS PREMADES AND GET A GUARANTEED LOSS.

Pvp isn't just for the flavor of the month and best classes in the game. This gives us all an outlet.

Now the only thing I don't like is people trying to que sync it up.. because it tends to put your friends on your team. SOLO QUE should be completely random. with no affliations or guild, xbox live friend or alliance membership being even close to considered in the algorithm of being teamed up together.

Simply said its fun and if I could keep it on forever I would but it still needs a bit of work.

-Trent the Barbarian, GWF on xbox.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Yeah finally, it rocks! I feel like Pierrot, the clown, on eye smiles, cause we have solo again, other is crying, cause it will be over soon.

My observations are 90% positive, i could beat many of the top guys, who normally kick my best part, cause yep they were alone.

I also noticed many of the top tier PVPers making a huge turn around the event cause most can't play just if babysat.

Sadly i have also found some indications, that a few PVPers are playing the Q and are organizing guild premades.

I also saw a PVP guild use the old and cheap decoy trick, they plant a 1.4k lol half way naked alt on the enemy team, which is the weakest link and will hand an easy win to them. These people are so pathetic...

None the less, yes leave us the SOLO as PERMANENT asset dear Devs!!! Later you can work on adding more to it, like class balance and brackets, etc. ,but as first step it is the best a legit PVP player can ask for!

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

Its way more fun then regular 5v5 domination.. as a GWF I rarely get picked up for sweaty games because im just rogue bait without a dodge. Playing solo que dom has given me a repreive from all these into the fray first strike, smoke bomb shocking execution shadow of demise rogues that hit for like 180k then 90k a few seconds later.

People are enjoying this. Most games even as a 4.2k GWF I can't run and solo everything simply because I can't be everywhere at once so people feel like they have a chance and hey look they can beat me so they keep queing up because ITS FUN. NO ONE WANTS TO QUE UP SOLO VS PREMADES AND GET A GUARANTEED LOSS.

Pvp isn't just for the flavor of the month and best classes in the game. This gives us all an outlet.

Now the only thing I don't like is people trying to que sync it up.. because it tends to put your friends on your team. SOLO QUE should be completely random. with no affliations or guild, xbox live friend or alliance membership being even close to considered in the algorithm of being teamed up together.

Simply said its fun and if I could keep it on forever I would but it still needs a bit of work.

-Trent the Barbarian, GWF on xbox.

Trent? I have come up against you in PvP as I remember the name... I only remember a few names from PvP so you probably stuck in my mind as smashing me a few times or something lol :)

Honestly from the comments I have seen in my threads and multiple other threads, from other people, is that there just is no downside to having a solo queue for PvP.

I think the ONLY people who will complain about this are the PvP Pre-mades who only like to stomp on PUG's.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    jhpnw said:

I can understand this being a 4k HR I have seen this where as the 4k on other team was a DC or OP and all other 6 players were 3k or less so it really was not an even fight all I had to do was cap and defend some times as against as many as 3 or 4 of other team. But still you at least had a chance and could get points whereas I grow so tired of drawing 4 players under 3k and facing 3 PVP BIS guild members. I often reach out to the lower IL enemy players and wish them GG and offer to help them with little tips of what to do when they get rolled over and hopefully it helps. Then I also encourage them to keep at it took me 2 years to get to where I am and once I struggled as they do.

I Think Solo Que is a win due to it draws lots back to PVP but unless as in Nezdins case they bring more balance to party then Solo que wont last once the newness wears off. Maybe a reward system for new players that gives them more chances for better gear based on strictly certain number of PVP matches played
    Yeah I have had 2 games like this over the last 48hrs of playing this solo PvP. I literally could hold 1 point and any of the other team who came near me I obliterated (even 3vs1). I am only 3.4k in PvP but that is still fairly high when you have Trans Enchants etc. Anyhoo I felt a little bad so I stayed out of most conflicts and watched the other 9 players all gets kills and deaths. Only ended up with 4 kills 0 deaths on the winning team, just felt better with myself and others to let a fair fight go on.

Obviously I sent a couple of group messages to let them know I was just camping one spot to even the teams out.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • silver11#9318 silver11 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    This company doesnt fix everything at the same time. Get over it. They put bandaids here and there. Solo queue pvp is great! It has nothing to do with all the other pvp problems. Theyll eventually class balance and fix queues and whatever else pvp needs. People should stop trying to ruin every positive thing that happens. Even when I queue with the normal one I do it solo because most of the people I know dont pvp. They see no rewards in it. If they wanted multiplayer, they'd play COD or something. Lastly, make Gauntl have a solo queue as well. Open the gates to fun, and watch everyone swarm in.
  • goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User

Let me first tell you: I don't PvP anymore on my GF who used to be very active. The only pvp I do these days are with my GWF (2.7k ilvl) & my CW (2.8k ilvl). 1-2 matches per toon, always solo.

I really don't see how solo queue fixes PvP, it might be much more enjoyable for most people, no doubt at all, but I'd rather like to see how devs fix the huge gear gap and evens the playing field between older & newer players.

Additionally is the matchmaking STILL not working properly and matches 2k player without boons against fully booned 4k BiS player.

I know you going to say that "we don't have enough people etc to make ELO system work..." but if solo Q does increase the number of PvPers so much, wouldn't it be a good idea to run an ELO system while Solo Q event is active?

This event just showed me again how 1 single player can carry an whole match by having full boons, insignias and gear. And how many greedy PvEers want more rough ADs.

You are in the 7th grade, and every day a guy who got left back a grade last year punches you I the nose & steals your lunch money. This big dummy is 5 inches taller than you, and outweighs you by 20 - 30 pounds. You can fight back, but why would you? There is no way you are gonna win that fight. Ever.

One day, the big dummy doesn't show up. Instead one of the kids in your grade is waiting. He's the big dummy's little brother, & he is here to collect your "lunch tax." Your heart soars. Why? Because here is a fight you can win. Maybe. Maybe little dummy has spent the last 5 years learning every dirty trick big dummy knows. But this guy is your size. & one way or the other YOU HAVE A DAMN CHANCE!!!

• d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    I had so much fun in solo dom tonight catching those who notoriously run premades all by themselves. Funny the difference when you catch these guys alone. Their 10-0 premade KD turns into 2-7.

Keep the solo dom queue! ;)
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @wdj40 I ran with your HR last night. Gg :)

@sh00termcl0vin what do you think about solo queue dom?
    edited November 2016

Let me first tell you: I don't PvP anymore on my GF who used to be very active. The only pvp I do these days are with my GWF (2.7k ilvl) & my CW (2.8k ilvl). 1-2 matches per toon, always solo.

I really don't see how solo queue fixes PvP, it might be much more enjoyable for most people, no doubt at all, but I'd rather like to see how devs fix the huge gear gap and evens the playing field between older & newer players.

Additionally is the matchmaking STILL not working properly and matches 2k player without boons against fully booned 4k BiS player.

I know you going to say that "we don't have enough people etc to make ELO system work..." but if solo Q does increase the number of PvPers so much, wouldn't it be a good idea to run an ELO system while Solo Q event is active?

This event just showed me again how 1 single player can carry an whole match by having full boons, insignias and gear. And how many greedy PvEers want more rough ADs.

clonkyo1 said:

xsayajinx said:

. . .

. . .

This event just showed me again how 1 single player can carry an whole match by having full boons, insignias and gear.

+1. yet i dont get why some players still think that SoloQ is "good enough to make PvP healthy again" it is not good enough to make it healthy again for a simple reason stated here and other threads like this one too: a PvP player knowing what to do on PvP can carry his/her whole team easily if no one on enemy team can opposed him/her.
    Really? This is all both of you can contribute this this thread?

No-one is saying this "fixes" PvP and no-one is saying it "makes it healthy again".... We are saying this improves the current state of PvP. No good reason not to keep a solo queue for PvP if it brings more players in to it. Bug and fixes still need to be fixed etc in the future.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe