test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HP or life steal

jackharper#1224 jackharper Member Posts: 112 Arc User
edited November 2016 in The Guard Barracks
Hi
1. What do you think which stat is more useful HP (like 150-200k) or Life steal for GF Tank/Buff?
2. Life steal on GF work the same like DPS characters? If i deal DMG i restore HP or when i getting dmg i restore HP?
3. Maximum DR is 80% right? and Armor penetration resistance working only in PVP?

Comments

• indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I like HP on my buff debuff builds, though i think the question for you would be deflection vs hp. lifesteal is more for conqueror built tanks.

Yes lifesteal heals you when you deal damage if it happens to trigger depending on your lifesteal chance.

Maximum DR is still 80% and you will be often told you need 60% armor pen (or 59.something if they get specific) I don't know how relevant it is personally because i always built for recovery instead of armor pen and i did just fine. More ITF is better than tiny bits of more dps from a GF.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • jackharper#1224 jackharper Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Thx
    About AP res, players in PVE dont have/use armor penetration resistance for mobs atack?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    1. It's your preference. I personally feel it is better to have a decently high lifesteal (25-35%) over an astronomically huge HP count, as I like saving my Steel Defense for when I actually need the invincibility.
    2. Lifesteal works exactly as it does for DPS players. Beware that AoE attacks only are 1/3rd as effective at lifestealing as single target attacks, so you'll have to put that into consideration when deciding to use Fighters Recovery or praying for Lifesteal to kick in.
    3. ArmorPen resistance? Uh... PvP ArmorPen resistance is complicated and thankfully is unecessary for PvE. In PvE, the DR cap is indeed 80%, but as monsters typically have a 15% ArmorPen (excluding things like enemy Ambush Drakes), then the DR cap is technically 95% (95%-15%=80%).

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Lifesteal works exactly as it does for DPS players. Beware that AoE attacks only are 1/3rd as effective at lifestealing as single target attacks, so you'll have to put that into consideration when deciding to use Fighters Recovery or praying for Lifesteal to kick in.

I though Lifesteal was more effective for AoE, that's why you generally see CWs healing the most in places like VT or eToS because of their AoE attacks.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    Ok thx all for answers i will stay with HP.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Definitely HP - if you want LS, then just pop fighters recovery
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

rjc9000 said:

Lifesteal works exactly as it does for DPS players. Beware that AoE attacks only are 1/3rd as effective at lifestealing as single target attacks, so you'll have to put that into consideration when deciding to use Fighters Recovery or praying for Lifesteal to kick in.

I though Lifesteal was more effective for AoE, that's why you generally see CWs healing the most in places like VT or eToS because of their AoE attacks.
    Yay late response! (the woes of having to go to school...)

Lifesteal is super effective in places with large amounts of mobs because of the sheer amount of hits you're getting.

And Lifesteal is partially based off your chance, which, if you're hitting many foes, gives you many rolls to lifesteal.

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    HP is most important, sure. In my companion I slot darks>silveries in the loyal gear ebcause lifesteal is a pretty nice stat, beside fighters recovery. I would say at 20-30% you do good, I try to get at least to 20+.
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I think 20% is a pretty good number to shoot for.... below are how you can acquire LS without having to use up defensive slots:
    • Boons (Non-Stronghold) = 6% (1200 in Stat Points + 3% from ToD Boon)
    • Mount Insignia's = 200/100 stat points per (Epic vs. Rare).. these are generally less expensive than other insignia. (I personally have 1200 points)
    • Artifacts = Several Defensive Artifacts have primary stats (1000 Points at Mythical) of LS (Eye of Lathander, Portal Stone, Rod of Imperial Restraint,etc..)
    • Armor Reinforcement = 200 stat points per on 4 items (800 Total)
    • Mount Bonus = 2000 stat points (Dusk Unicorn, Heavy Inferno/Mystic Nightmare,etc...)
    So you can get to about 18.5 % using the above sources. This saves your Defensive Slots for Defense Stat Enchants (Azure)

You can also use hybrid enchants vs. Dark/Azures. I personally use Black Ice on my Bonding Stone Companion Defensive Slots. (460 Defense, 230 Defection, 230 Lifesteal @ R12)

Additionally, if you have a good DR rating.. you shouldn't NEED a high LS %... as you should be getting healed from healer... or can use Fighter's Recovery.. should be you get uncomfortably low.

If you DO have a 20ish % LS... then it just allows DC's to worry more about Buff/Debuffing.. vs. healing you... and your dungeon runs... will be quicker... which is what everyone wants...

-= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    sadus671 said:

I think 20% is a pretty good number to shoot for.... below are how you can acquire LS without having to use up defensive slots:

• Boons (Non-Stronghold) = 6% (1200 in Stat Points + 3% from ToD Boon)
    • Mount Insignia's = 200/100 stat points per (Epic vs. Rare).. these are generally less expensive than other insignia. (I personally have 1200 points)
    • Artifacts = Several Defensive Artifacts have primary stats (1000 Points at Mythical) of LS (Eye of Lathander, Portal Stone, Rod of Imperial Restraint,etc..)
    • Armor Reinforcement = 200 stat points per on 4 items (800 Total)
    • Mount Bonus = 2000 stat points (Dusk Unicorn, Heavy Inferno/Mystic Nightmare,etc...)
    So you can get to about 18.5 % using the above sources. This saves your Defensive Slots for Defense Stat Enchants (Azure)

You can also use hybrid enchants vs. Dark/Azures. I personally use Black Ice on my Bonding Stone Companion Defensive Slots. (460 Defense, 230 Defection, 230 Lifesteal @ R12)

Additionally, if you have a good DR rating.. you shouldn't NEED a high LS %... as you should be getting healed from healer... or can use Fighter's Recovery.. should be you get uncomfortably low.

If you DO have a 20ish % LS... then it just allows DC's to worry more about Buff/Debuffing.. vs. healing you... and your dungeon runs... will be quicker... which is what everyone wants...

Ok, that´s what I wanted to say, missing the right words :)
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    :)
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Guarded Assualt + Life Steal = :)
    I ask about HP or LS because i looking my secondary stat. Firts is def i need clear 80% (no negation etc.) next i choose HP with guild boons i will have 175-180k (maybe more, now i dont know) and last stat is recovery for spaming skills. So i dont have LS.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    null
    I strongly recommend you to go for hp instead of lifesteal, it will give you the capacity to survive super hard blows that otherwise would 1 shot you (orcus hits when your shield is down in a laggy cn run) and will also make your tankiness more consistent overall as high hp + high dr= great survability.

My gf has like 0.1% lifesteal chance and unless having serious connection issues, I can tank and survive no problem, for example, tanking cn without healer nor steel defense as a ~2500 il gf with knight's valor on all the time, that was several months ago, now I am over 3,7k with my current gear.

If your guild has the hp boon at max or high level, I recommend you this:

- Guild hp boon= 32k hp

-4 artifacts with 4k hp each= 16k hp

- Put radiants rank 12 in all your defence slots, if you have 2 plus 5 double slotted rings then that's a total of 8. I don't remember how much hp you get from a rank 12 though, is it 2,2k? Let's suppose it's that value so that's 17,6k hp there.

- High forest bear mount bonus (I use that one since I read about mod 10 content on preview) gives you 8k hp.

- Get a companion with 3 or at least 2 defence slots so it can get you to 80% dr (95% would be ideal to negate most enemies' armor pen but! with such a massive hp pool, it is not that important, especially becuase once you gear up and learn enough about tanking you're pretty much unkillable except in maybe fbi).

- Get all defence boons and as much as you can get from gear and artifact gear, I recommend greaer lathander's cloack and the greater plated band of constitution.

Getting all that would give you 73,6k extra hp for at total of at least 200k and 80% dr in combat which would give you a significant boost in survability, you woud love it! The best part is that you can stack your bonding companing with darks so you can still have lifesteal (besides boons) while having a high hp pool or you can stack it with silveries to reduce your cooldowns to lol levels so you can cast your encounters in combat very often, for example perma into the fray and and enforced threat/commander's strike/any other encounter every few seconds.

What I am suggesting you is what I am going to try with my gf, it will take while to get all that to max level (hp boon not available to me yet though) but it will be really good.

High hp, dr, recovery and lifesteal if you choose to (boons), that sounds great for a buff gf, doesn't it?

I recommend you to stay away from steel defence, avoid it like the plague, you'll learn and adapt faster to new enemies and class changes if you always take damage because it forces you to need you to understand boss/fight/game mechanics in order to tank well. Imo steel defence needs to be worked so it doesn't provide damage immunity, it should for example absorb a fixed percentage of damage (say, max 30% for 6 secs) after activating a daily power to provide extra survability. Imo steel defence needs a serious rework, there are many things that could make that passive power useful, maybe an extra layer of dr that lasts 5 - 9 secs? Extreme stamina/guard regen for 14 secs? Deflect chance increased by half of unbuffed dr?

Yes I know that INT gives recharge speed increase but I choose con+ strenght + stamina regen boons instead for comfort of use (less need of tide of iron/cleave and encounters to restore guard) and my bonding companion will give me a massive amount of recovery on top of the one my toon already has, will tweak it so I can keep itf up all the time and if possible some lifesteal.

Dread ring boon endless consumption (chance to ls for x3 times more than you normally would) is a good option if your lifesteal chance is high enough:

Guarded assault (based on hp, the more you have the more damage it reflects) + ls + endless consumption= good self healing just by keeping your shield up. Having a very high hp pool also makes guarded assault and fighter's recovery combo excellent to survive.
    Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on