test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP GWF need re-work to sentinel and instigator paths

kaithedragonbornkaithedragonborn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
The GWF need most re-work in the game. We only have 1 viable path in PVP and PVE Destroyer. I recommend making the sentinel a serious team buff spec. Daring shout should add damage buff to team like fray and damage debuff to enemies. Instagator should have serious stuns, that actually stun players along with bleeds make the leaping build viable it would be awesome for our class. Also the GWF needs a dodge we are meat Sheilds in PVP. Give the GWF a retooling.

Comments

• ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    While I agree with what you're saying that Sentinel and Instigator needs rework, it's been discussed several times after they went useless.

I can't say about Instigator being PvP-focused build, but I agree that Sentinel to become an all-offensive support build in both PvP (again, I'm not sure how it turns out) and PvE.

I'll stop here and don't bother request more at this point. Sprint is still good in PvE. No need to be jealous on SW's immunity frame.
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Although I rarely agree with kai.. on this topic we can agree on this. GWF's that go instigator/destroyer with my suggested changes should be tied in terms of damage to a maxed conqueror tank and Destroyer GWF's should be the kings of dps in pvp.

My suggestion to fix the constant complaints of GWF immortality and give us more damage at the same time?

Move countless scars to the 4th tier of sentinel that way you can't go that far into sentinel if you want to do damage.. here are a few suggestions I have for the developers maybe they could take this into consideration.

Instigator suggestions:
    Move powerful challenge, unfettered strikes and relentless battlefury to the sentinel tree where I think they belong because they all are buffs and tactical maneuvering powers which is what the tree says instigators are supposed to be good at. (should do as much damage as destroyers do now with at wills and dailies)

That in itself would be a HUGE buff to the instigator tree.. but I think it should go even one step further... instead of all the stuns instigator.. why not make it buff teammates and your own combat advantage by say like 10%? That or please add SOMETHING else to that capstone like refill stamina bar by ?% every time you are hit or chance to ignore CC up to 35%? Im sure they could come up with something. Really anything would be nice.

Destroyer suggestions:
    Make wrathful determination or steadfast determination better for destroyers? Maybe switch out the staying power/ferocious reaction. since both are pretty much useless. Would be nice to get a 15% buff or at will attack speed increase every other unstoppable pop with steadfast determination.. But overall damage for destroyers should go up by around 15% or so since they will probably be slower and less nimble then before.

Sentinel suggestions:
    Make it a buffer tree/negate some damage for teammates.. I have a few off the wall suggestions.. 1. Turn unstoppable recovery to an AOE heal so all teammates within 20ft are healed for the same value as the sentinel? 2. Buff Living Wall? Right now it only negates 5% or 10% if they are standing right behind you.. with all the piercing and such how about buffing it to 10% and 25%? Then it would actually be worth running. The rest of the tree is fine except maybe the capstone. I would probably change it to 40%- 80% DR buff while unstoppable to a 20% to 40% less incoming damage while unstoppable. Alot of fun builds could come from this change and would be interesting! Damage should stay about where it is. Sentinels shouldn't really be mass killers like destroyers.

But im sick of GWF's having no real team based role at all. Its not like we do enough damage anyways as it is really, unless you use the terrible encounter known as IBS which nearly always misses. Please provide more then 1 real tree you can go into with like 3 different choices of builds in one tree. Its kind of silly. Since it seems like almost every other character can play the rest of the paths.

I haven't used countless scars since they made combats so OP and you know what I haven't really missed it. if you have around 20%-25% LS as long as you play smart and aren't extremely flat footed you will be FINE.

I threw these ideas up with like 5 minutes of planning if they should weird or crazy just think about it and post your own up instead of hating on them. Thank you very much for reading.

-Trent the Barbarian, GWF on the xbox.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Instigator just needs determination building improved with a few feat tweaks and it would be a very viable spec. At the moment that is what is making destroyer King of the mountain.

Sentinel on the other hand is a whole other ball of wax. Since any chance at the Gwf being a tank class was thrown out the window long ago (along with temp lock main group healing) this seems to be the "abandoned" feat path. I think the devs need to put some serious thought into what type of utility this spec can bring with paladins and gfs being light years ahead as far as utility goes. Maybe make battle fury or daring shout give out better group buffs for sentinels or change the capstone so that it does some kind of damage sharing? Something needs to be done though because right now there is 0 reason to go down this path.
  • burndownxmas#7201 burndownxmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    So I have a few suggestions to helping balance the gwf trees out a bit firstly I agree with shooter on determination generation it's one of the primary reasons destroyer cranks out so much DPS is that it's in constant unstoppable, on that note though I'd like to take it a step further and say it'd probably be a good idea just to give the class determination generation from damage in general vice from a tree being that all trees but instigator are built around utilizing determination.

Now in to the sentinel tree, I think mostly we just need to rework a few feats to provide damage mitigation/reduction to the encounter powers and dailies; as it stands we only have reaping strike, slam, and indomitable strenght as damage reduction powers for our class, as it stands our feat path now is too focused on increasing base stats of defense and deflect which leave you empty handed when you reach caps with these fields. Lastly unstoppable itself should do as Trent said and provide incoming damage reduction but also generate more temp hp, the current 8-16 percent HP is pretty measly.

Next up destroyer. For this one the changes aren't as severe being it's fairly well set out as is, it brings the pain as it should being a pure DPS build; on that note there are two things I'd like to see modified on it, first temp HP, i say remove it; this class is a DPS and temp HP is what really helps make us a psuedo tank, when slotted with unstoppable recovery we generate 16 percent temp HP plus 5 percent HP recovered giving us a total of 21 percent increase in HP (assuming your damaged) this is what a lot of PvP players have a problem with from a DPS spec it's a big chunk to have back suddenly (also this would help eliminate that pesky determination glitch that prevents us from using unstoppable). Next destroyers purpose, this monster of a buff has a pretty long lasting effect and no cool down and most importantly buffs you in more than one way damage plus determination generation which both are strong DPS increases, I say for this do away with the buff and revamp it to give a strong damage buff while in determination only; this would help deminish a bit of the outclassing of the other feat trees as it will drop the vastly superior DPS of the tree.

Instigator, this one I'm not full sure how I'd like to see it approached but part of me says it would be best to be made the support buff spec with some cc; I think this would be best as instigator means a person or thing that brings about or initiates something. For feats I don't have any really solid ideas at the moment but for it's final feat I have an idea either have it when activating unstoppable provide a team buff (probably just damage) within a range of the gwf that persists for maybe around 15 seconds or have it provide a buff as your determination bar fills with steadily increasing intensity (almost like wrathful determination but for the team).

Any who that's what I think would be interesting to see for some rework.
  • assassin274#4214 assassin274 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    @burndownxmas#7201 Gwf as it is currently were the worst pvp class nerfing them specially destroyers survivability which is low will cause there to be the 10% of gwfs that pvp to 0. Plus in pvp im almost never in unstoppable whereas pve im in unstoppable 24/ 7
  • burndownxmas#7201 burndownxmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    @assassin274#4214 , not necessarily true we'd have more options besides current super DPS pseudo tank that we have now if all those changes were made and we could fill more roles in PvP if sent was made a real tank and instigator a buffer/cc. Lastly other classes having certain over performing class mechanics doesn't necessarily mean our class is the worst PvP class.
    @burndownxmas#7201 i guess ure right but i dont think gwf are that tanky with piercing damage and no dodge. All these videos of premades u will almost never see a gwf because every other class offers more in pvp right now
    edited November 2016
    @defiantone99 nvm u changed yur comment and never said anything about destroyer needing more damage but if u think its a god class in pvp guessing u never pvp
    Post edited by assassin274#4214 on
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

Compared to which class? Because if we compared the class with 1shot TRs, one rotaters GFs piercer HRs, Immortal OPs and DCs... the only one left is SW... So...

Mod 10 has not been one for GWFs, that's for sure. You forgot Push-me Pull-you CWs.

It seems like GFs are the strikers and we are tanks in PVP, at best. There are a fraction of the GWFs playing now as ran in prior mods.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    I said this sometime ago and i'll say again, instigator is not a bad path, worse that Destroyer? Yes. Bad? no.
    Instigator can make people crazy, no joke, stuning flourish and flanking manouvers are just too anoying, instigator vengeance will stack and you just need to take a hit to make sure all other are still up, so you may not have determination enough to build destroyer and you'll still have the 50% damage increase, If it's a expected 30% less damage outcome, oh well you got stuns, try it out it's a fun build.

@etelgrin thats interesting with that being said how long has SE been able to 1 shot ?
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User

Will be even more fun with new weapons.

Take ITC feat which gives extra power when ITC used.

ITC will also procc the 10% more damage buff from new weapon, enter stealth to double your power and hit "button 1" like a pro on a target which isn't able to dodge (e.x. GWF or SW who used up his immunity) with the new weapon damage --> 250k HP went poof.

The highest HP build I made for my GWF to make him not completely useless was 225k HP.

GG!

Its so silly its like they just make GWF's to be punching bags of neverwinter lol =D I guess we are just here to make people feel good about themselves.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    SE is the problem, unfortunatlly at the rate we're receiving updates it will still be for a lot of time, they could simply increase Damage as HP goes down, we would see something like 100k dunks at 100k HP at full health, but 300k at 0 health, this would put asside many 1 shot situations, but brings other problem people will filter everything they can to get HP back up asap and HEALING MUST GO AWAY FROM PVP, otherwise we will always see superoffencive builds smacking defencive builds because they can heal like sharandar Grunts.

@etelgrin im fairly new to this game just wanted to know how long they would keep something like that in the game
    @xsayajinx1 that sounds real discouraging built my gwf for about 2 or 3 months and thinking might as well re roll then. Not getting guild boons for hp any time soon
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    GWF shines in a team not when doing 1 vs 1, a well built GWF in a team can still be pretty awesome :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)