test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Orcus Set Advice...make for loss of stats

krazydog#1509 krazydog Member Posts: 591 Arc User
I recently got lucky and received a Shard of Orcus from my 1,000th Castle Never run. We all know that the Orcus Set is BIS, but what 4 artifacts have you chose to run on your Hunters and what do you do to make up for loss of stats? Currently I have the Horn of Lostmouth, Thayan Book, Lantern of Revelation, and Controller's Sigil. What do you keep and what do you switch out and why.

Comments

• wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    There is actually no way to tell, you have not posted your stats or any other info etc. It would be in-wise for someone to say you should swap this for that or that for this... as we have no idea what effect that would have on your over-all stats with/without Companions Gift.

I chop and change all the time as I have 8 Mythic Artefacts now :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    Well....can't advise you properly since I have 3 sigils and a lantern.

Given a choice, I'll switch out Horn of Lostmauth.

You'll be only and only swapping out Armor Penetration for Movement so your gear, enchantment or armpen equip mount bonus needs to compensate for the loss. The other 3 artifacts that give you crit stats are too good to give up.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Yeah I was thinking about the horn for the Shard. That way I don't lose my crit. I'm literally right at the arm pen cap right now so maybe I have to get it from my companion. I'm going to lose 2060 arm pen.

What is your Crit chance?

Anything over 50% before Companion Gift procs is a bit overkill I find. Also Arm Pen is very easy to come by, I would normally suggest putting 400 on your Companion, then 285% of that sent over if you have 3 R12 Bondings.

That is what I had to do, I had 0 Arm Pen on my Companion and when I switched to Orcus I replaced an Enchant or 2 with a R10 Dark and then gave 400 Arm Pen to my Companion to send over.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    (Please note I don't play HR, this is just some general cross class advice.)

I recently got lucky and received a Shard of Orcus from my 1,000th Castle Never run. We all know that the Orcus Set is BIS, but what 4 artifacts have you chose to run on your Hunters and what do you do to make up for loss of stats? Currently I have the Horn of Lostmouth, Thayan Book, Lantern of Revelation, and Controller's Sigil. What do you keep and what do you switch out and why.

I would suggest rather than assuming it is BiS, you hop onto preview, test with and without and then start considering the swap. I haven't done this for HR since it isn't my main, but friends of mine who are very good hrs do not use the set at all, so it is worth checking if it is actually BiS instead of making an assumption about it. For CW, the set isn't BiS and for HR, the same might be true (idk if it is or is not). Just saying...better to be sure and check then make an expensive investment that might be a mistake in the first place. Never assume any decision in NW is obvious.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

(Please note I don't play HR, this is just some general cross class advice.)

I would suggest rather than assuming it is BiS, you hop onto preview, test with and without and then start considering the swap. I haven't done this for HR since it isn't my main, but friends of mine who are very good hrs do not use the set at all, so it is worth checking if it is actually BiS instead of making an assumption about it. For CW, the set isn't BiS and for HR, the same might be true (idk if it is or is not). Just saying...better to be sure and check then make an expensive investment that might be a mistake in the first place. Never assume any decision in NW is obvious.
    Listen to this man - he is a well of knowledge. I wouldn't go for it personally as the gains are CON, Deflect, Movement and AoE Resist. Even for a Trapper those stats are pretty HAMSTER. My guess is you're losing DEX and quite a bit of ArP for just the set bonus. Is the shift from what you have now really worth it?
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

My thinking is to respec into Stormwarden combat and slot more deflection and be more tanky. The added deflection would be a help and increase survivability.

What ever you decide to do, my advice would be to test it on preview first. The shard is expensive, is it really worth risking that much AD on a decision you might regret later?
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    what are your end game goals PVP or PVE. Combat will see decrease in over all Damage vs TRapper