test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Big HEs still down ? over 8 days?

ruffneck#4235 ruffneck Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited November 2016 in Bug Reports (PC)
@ Devs........

Why has this not been fixed?

to say this is incompetent would be an under statement and to make it worse the only item we need to make our relic items we cant get due to the same issue... unless of course you are happy for us pay 2-3-4 million AD for one item we could get as a drop but cant due to the server issue

you are quick to take down the server for your "emergency maintenance" and yet nothing until tomorrow.......

not to mention the Screen bounce issues giving people headaches...

Lag in SOMI areas

any chance we can get some professional DEVS and support staff?

Comments

• drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    If I 'kill' a small HE in Stronghold, it does not respawn unless / until I exit the map (and no one else is there) and come back.
    If a small HE times out by itself, another will respawn, but not if I kill it.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    The only way I have found to get them to respawn is to go to PE and then come back into the stronghold. It does not work for me coming from any other zone back into the stronghold.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    weve been zone hoping for hours they dont pop we cleared small HE and still didnt fix
    Post edited by zebular on
  • nwtgdanwtgda Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    @devs / Mods......... surely you have seen this.... can we get a fix....

the irony - servers go down when customers dont want them to, and now we want a reboot to fix spawning HE issue and they arent going down
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    still not fixed. thought server reset might fix it but it didnt
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Maybe wait and see what the notes are for a scheduled patch this week, since there wasn't one last week. Which was unfortunate, but... maybe they just couldn't get a stable build together in time. Let's not encourage them to break things worse by pushing a patch too soon.

The emergency maintenance was to fix a camera zoom issue that was making people sick, and they still didn't manage to completely fix it just make it a lot better.

I know this sucks for people who just want their new weapons ready to go OMGNOWWWWW, but... good lord, it's not a matter of life and death.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ruffneck#4235 ruffneck Member Posts: 67 Arc User

Maybe wait and see what the notes are for a scheduled patch this week, since there wasn't one last week. Which was unfortunate, but... maybe they just couldn't get a stable build together in time. Let's not encourage them to break things worse by pushing a patch too soon.

The emergency maintenance was to fix a camera zoom issue that was making people sick, and they still didn't manage to completely fix it just make it a lot better.

I know this sucks for people who just want their new weapons ready to go OMGNOWWWWW, but... good lord, it's not a matter of life and death.

i agree to a point mate

but they have had many days to:

1: write statement on the forum
    2;: advise next course of action
    3: inform us fully

was really looking forward to getting my relic weapons now i cant because of ad leechers and poor coding.......

even if we do get events fixed on Thursday nothing to say i will get said items for days/weeks....
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    I don't recall there ever being a patch in the week when new content drops. So tomorrow's patch, if there is one, is their first chance to patch things.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Eh. There's a limited number of people that are bothering with this, and a limited amount of time during which that group will be actively grinding out these HEs. Every day or week they drag this out means that we'll get stuck grinding this HAMSTER out during the holidays or buying it off the AH.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    greywynd said:

I don't recall there ever being a patch in the week when new content drops. So tomorrow's patch, if there is one, is their first chance to patch things.

Actually, they seem to have changed their standard release schedule to Tuesday because they often do manage a same-week patch for the broken-est stuff, but this past week was an exception. They used to release modules on Thursday with regular maintenance, way back.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited November 2016

It really boggles the mind how poor the communication is. @mimicking#6533 can you confirm that keeping the community in the dark regarding important game-breaking issues is part of your overall strategy? Sure seems that way since you took over (communication got worse, less dialog with devs, longer and more awkward silences)...
  • ruffneck#4235 ruffneck Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    dupeks said:

It really boggles the mind how poor the communication is. @mimicking#6533 can you confirm that keeping the community in the dark regarding important game-breaking issues is part of your overall strategy? Sure seems that way since you took over (communication got worse, less dialog with devs, longer and more awkward silences)...
    +1 Agree

New class mentioned over 18 months ago and still no new class... i only came back to NW because it was to be druid next

sigh.....

New class mentioned over 18 months ago and still no new class... i only came back to NW because it was to be druid next

There is always a new class in the works for release when the time seems right (with balancing of existing classes a far bigger priority right now). The "coming soon" icon on the character creation screen is a permanent part of the UI. Whenever they do release one, "coming soon" will simply be bumped over a slot.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    Maybe the instead of the fashionable HE's Cryptic wants you to run one of these dungeons:
    Lair of the Mad Dragon Helm's Hold
    Throne of Idris Ebon Downs
    Spellplague Caverns The Chasm
    The Dread Vault Whispering Caverns
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    This should now be resolved as of today's patch. If issues still persist, please make a new bug report on it or use a newly created bug report thread made after this post. Thanks!
    Content and Environment
    Storm King's Thunder
    • A potential cause of Heroic Encounters ceasing to spawn has been addressed.

Strongholds
    • Smaller Heroic Encounters once again properly respawn.
This discussion has been closed.