test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Login Server Timed Out / Unplayable Lag

josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
PC Player from Sydney, Australia here. Ever since the tail end of the Siege of Neverwinter Event I've been running into the problem of lag so bad that I disconnect or simply being unable to log in due to the Login Server Timing out or getting an "Cannot reach account server" from the launcher. This seems to happen at specific times of the day, my morning and evening. Lunch to mid afternoon is ok for a few hours but that is unacceptable during weekdays due to other commitments.

During these times I am still able to play other online games and surf the net or watch youtube etc just fine which indicates that it's most probably an issue on your end. Please advise in the patch notes when this is fixed because it is simply too frustrating to keep trying when I can be doing something more productive or more entertaining (namely playing other games that let me connect without issue).
If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!

Comments

• jahbreeljahbreel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    I've been having the problems too, from colorado USA. last 5 days have been horrible lag and rubber banding. totally unplayable. worst of all: I can't claim my VIP bag!
  • stubbiesstubbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Arizona USA, same issue. Seems to have gotten even worse with the start of the Liars event. NW is the only game I have with this issue.
  • jahbreeljahbreel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    I AM SO HAPPY! GAME WORKS NOW: HERE'S THE TECH SUPPORT ADVICE:
    "
    Based on the information you have submitted so far, it appears that this is a connection related issue. We would suggest that you do the following steps as a possible resolution to this issue:

1. Open the Command Prompt
    * Windows 8.1
    a. Swipe up to open the Apps screen; or if you're using a mouse, click the down arrow icon at the bottom of your screen.
    b. Swipe to the right and look for the "Windows System" tab.
    c. Tap or click "Command Prompt".
    * Windows Vista/7
    a. Click the Windows "Start" button.
    b. Type "Command Prompt" (without quotation marks) in the search box.
    c. In the list of results, click "Command Prompt".
    2. On the Command Prompt window, type in (exactly as it is typed here): ipconfig /flushdns
    3. Shutdown your PC (do not restart yet).
    4. Connect your PC directly to your modem (ie bypass your router and any other unit between your PC and your modem; and please do not connect wirelessly / wi-fi).
    5. Shutdown your modem for at least 30 minutes to ensure that the Internet IP assigned to you by your ISP is renewed (if you are using a dynamic IP address).
    6. Ensure that your modem is connected to a wired Internet (not wireless; mobile [2G/3G/4G/LTE]; not satellite).
    7. Turn-on your PC.
    8. After 30 minutes, turn-on your modem.

Then kindly check if the connection issue has been resolved or has improved.

Thank you very much for your patience and continued patronage.

Regards,
    Eypreel
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment"

Thanks to Eypreel!
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Thanks for the reply jahbreel, alas this didn't work for me. Any other ideas? :smile:
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • monsteralchemistmonsteralchemist Member Posts: 1 New User
    after patch i cant play neverwinter !!!!!!!!!!!!!! <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> what happend to this game?? ARC PERFECTWORD plSSSS SOLVE THIS probLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!