test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A plea to Cryptic. New Module -> Dungeons, Foundry, Balance

darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
edited November 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
For the love of the Forgotten Realms.

Please Cryptic make a mod only with Dungeons.
Only Dungeons, Only Dungeons!
No More Heroic Encounters
No Daily Tasks
No Boons
No Grind
No Fish
No Campaign Progression
No Empowerment
No More Currency
No Refinement Of Any Type
No More Bags Filled With HAMSTER

Just Dungeons+Explore+Loot
Just Foundry (use people's work, adapt the things you want and put rewards... Eureka You have infinite content with only A Bit Of Work!!)
Just Class Balance

Let me run what I want, let me progress with the loot, not feel Frustrated About Everything

Please...

Ok I had to say that Sorry.
Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
Caturday Survivor
Elemental Evil Survivor
Undermontain Survivor
Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Aproved!

To sum it up:
    You make great progress in bug-fixing.
    You did great job in content design (visual), but it's diminished by performace issue and laggy instances with 65 players.

But...
    We want more dungeons, trails and skirmishes.
    Noone asked for more HE and mandatory and time consuming fishing games.
    We hate Veinblod, Empowering system, it's grind and farming.
    We do not have bag space for all this stuff. Refinement (artifact, thaumaturgic, regular stones - in 4 coulours, 3 bound options, enchantments&runes -12 levels, ) takes up way too much space! And now you introduce fishing with almost 100 items. It's nail in the coffin named bagspace. Give us a fish tank for all those baits & fishes and extra bag for refinement (as we have for professions).
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    After 3+years of playing, the grind is finally taking its toll on me. Lack of dungeons and party fun and chat has gone , for me at least. I'm too occupied doing boring tasks. My journal has over 40 tasks minimum on 14 toons. I need a break
  • uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    +1
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    It's not quite Mod 6, but it's damn close :(
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    All of what the op said + ACTUAL CLASS BALANCE!
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    emilemo said:

All of what the op said + ACTUAL CLASS BALANCE!

Indeed I will add it too :)
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    +1 for this and with proper rewards!
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    CHANGE the logo please from NEVERWINTER DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS TO : neverwinter fishing and heroic encounters thanks.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    +1 million times!

Since Mod 6 game was not ALT friendly anymore, since Mod 10 the grind is not even bearable on 1 toon.

Yes we need dungeons, old ones back and some new ones added, running the same 2-3 dungeons for bad RNG related loot is not fun anymore, not after more than 1 year of Mod 6 catastrophe.

My friends list is shrinking with each Mod since Mod 6, but Mod 10 has turned things into overdrive.

It would be more honest (i know, i know...) to rename the game.

The game and we players alike, we need new visionaries whoa re more capable to bring true DnD content to life.

RL example, try to play as a DM at your local club and let your players swallow fishing and lanolin chasing for months over and over till infinity, then again don't be surprised, if you will find yourself quickly outside in the cold winter night.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• aasuraasur Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    +1
    +2
    +1mil
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    +1

The Maze engine module brought me back to this game, I suspect that this module will see me leaving the game again.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

For the love of the Forgotten Realms.

Please Cryptic make a mod only with DUNGEONS.
    Only DUNGEONS, only DUNGEONS!
    No MORE HEROIC ENCOUNTERS
    No DAILY TASKS
    No BOONS
    No GRIND
    No FISH
    No CAMPAIGN PROGRESSION
    No EMPOWERMENT
    No MORE CURRENCY
    No REFINEMENT OF ANY TYPE
    No MORE BAGS FILLED WITH HAMSTER

Just DUNGEONS+EXPLORE+LOOT
    Just FOUNDRY (use people's work, adapt the things you want and put rewards... EUREKA You have infinite content with only A BIT OF WORK!!)
    Just CLASS BALANCE

Let me run what I want, let me progress with the loot, not feel FRUSTRATED ABOUT EVERYTHING

Please...

Ok I had to say that Sorry.

So much this.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    arabatur said:

It's not quite Mod 6, but it's damn close :(

IMO, this is worse than mod 6. Mod 6 was more or less about too tough to beat the mob which I knew that could be relatively easily adjusted. The current direction is just totally bad and hard to see a relatively simple adjustment (if any at all) can make it better.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I agree with everything in this thread wholeheartedly. There were still aspects of fun in Mod 6 but Mod 10 and what has followed is a steaming pile of smelly HAMSTER. Granted the visuals are amazing but that ain't exactly going to keep me interested for long.

I remember watching one of Akro's livestreams before the launch of Well of Dragons where he had one of the female devs on the show, and she said something to the affect of how the community absolutely loved HEs and how that was the future of NW - and I was thinking to myself: W T F? Where do they get their information from? I had had enough of HE grinding in IWD (OMG the gloves just wouldn't drop for so many people) and that was after just one Mod. Cryptic live in their own little bubble and their ideas of what the community want is a far cry from what we actually DO want.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    YES! This cannot be said loud enough. Say it again please.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User

CHANGE the logo please from NEVERWINTER DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS TO : neverwinter fishing and heroic encounters thanks.

Gary Gygax (RIP) himself would rotate in his grave if he could see how NWO is abusing the name Dungeons & Dragons.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    +5000000000000000000000x 1 million to the 10th power.

I will PAY you for content that is group designed to play.

I will NOT pay you to skip things like searching for hours for little relics.

OMG..

Just like the key situation, you have totally ignored feedback for mods and mods. ITs coming to ahead now.

No one in thier right freaking mind, thinks these new mods are fun.. they are NOT fun.

YOU MADE a GAME that is not fun.. do you get it?

Anyone?

Buehler.. buehler..

Stop being so unreasonable in your monetization schemes and thousands of us will pay you actual real money..

I would pay for a dungeon pack at this point, to avoid the rest of the inanity and garbage you are throwing our way.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User

I would pay for a dungeon pack at this point, to avoid the rest of the inanity and garbage you are throwing our way.

Actually i think most of us would be even willing to crowd fund a pre Mod 6 server, things went really out of hand ever since that, but this new Mod is horrible, hours of traveling across arctic waters, badly designed dailies structure, where you can not accumulate quests, but have to go back with each small thing and etc. Simply boring and annoying at the same time.

I think if Cryptic would ever listen to our feedback, they should rework this mind numbing something, like they did it with Mod 6 and make some epic water battles, that might be cool and forget the rest.

These are not dailies, this is a day, but if i have to be honest to myself i think it serves a second role too, namely the more we are occupied with long grind, the less time we have to earn that pitiful AD we got after many AD and salvage nerfs and that brings most to open up their wallet and buy ZEN with RL cash, if they stay at all.

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    +1 x infinite
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User

+1 million times!

Since Mod 6 game was not ALT friendly anymore, since Mod 10 the grind is not even bearable on 1 toon.

Yes we need dungeons, old ones back and some new ones added, running the same 2-3 dungeons for bad RNG related loot is not fun anymore, not after more than 1 year of Mod 6 catastrophe.

My friends list is shrinking with each Mod since Mod 6, but Mod 10 has turned things into overdrive.

It would be more honest (i know, i know...) to rename the game.

The game and we players alike, we need new visionaries whoa re more capable to bring true DnD content to life.

RL example, try to play as a DM at your local club and let your players swallow fishing and lanolin chasing for months over and over till infinity, then again don't be surprised, if you will find yourself quickly outside in the cold winter night.

Its artificial grinding for no purpose, or gate grinding, which is always the worst sort of grinding, as it makes you feel like your doing nothing for hours and horus.. which of course we all are.

But with you grind for straight progression instead, you get a feeling of accomplishment, gate grinding never feels that way to me, it just feels competely unncessary.

Other games have it.. but its usually, go through our store line.. once done, dungeons opened.. usually its a 1-2 day gating on most other mmos.

Sometimes you may have other dailies, but they usually reward you with something you can actually use to progress in game with.. and they were usually 10 mins or less long and could be passed to alts even.. jeepers creepers..

This team , seems totally incompetent right now to design anything.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    This was a smaller update and not a module by any means; it was just the second part to M10, if you will. That being said, I personally like the concept of khyeks and sailing around, but I totally understand with the dungeon requests and class balance - I want those as well.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited November 2016

This was a smaller update and not a module by any means; it was just the second part to M10, if you will. That being said, I personally like the concept of khyeks and sailing around, but I totally understand with the dungeon requests and class balance - I want those as well.

Thank You @strumslinger but we are not talking about module 10b, or even module 10. We are talking about the whole game, and how players feel. Each adition was worse than the previous one, and now we just reached a point when everything together just make players being FRUSTRATED for playing the game.

Frustration comes from all of those points in the list (and more) and people have patience but the players have a limit. And this game still have players because THE GAME IS DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS and we love DnD.

Is that hard to understand that we all loved the game in module 0-1-2 and the concept of freedom to do what you want, and doing what you want you progress your characters?

We also have worse QoL things every module with bag space being just absurd at this point. And developers just make things worse and worse every module.

Is not about module 10b, is not about module 10, is the path the game is taking, and the poor management about player feelings and feedbad.

Module 10 and 10b could be a total success just with some changes, just hearing your players, but no. You even slap in our face with the keygate, and I am totally sure you didnt change it because the forum rage. Im sure the number of players and the money was the reason. Thats the only feedback this company listen.
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I had a nice rant, explanation of why I think this whole big class balance topic is a joke, the grind, the tetris bag space management etc etc. I went ahead and deleted it all. I do love this fishing zone and how it works. I will be in a forever grind with alts or fish endlessly. Thats my choices. Thats the end game. Thats the whole game. I say alts as I do not even have a man any more. If I focus on one it or the gear for it will be changed soon enough.
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    The devs forgot that people play games to have fun and not to do homework. In my case I still hadn't bother to unlock baphomet and I did unlocked today fang breaker, but as I know I will never find a party able to complete it as a casual player with just 3,1k IL and no guild (not a single intention to join a guild just to increase the number of dailys) I'm not bothering to get the 28% frost damage resistance. I did liked the underdark expansión as you was able to figth demogorgon a lot faster and you knew you could get nice rings and weapons without having issues to find a party, but mod 9, 10 and 10,5 are just dailys and no rewards that are worth the effort, I prefer to stay with my twisted weapons and +4 rings. I have 7 toons missing only the GF because I never liked to play tanks, but I just log the HR and use the others as extra inventory because if one toon is boring to get it thru all the dailys there is no way I will try to do it with more toons.

I so miss the old dungeons runs where you always had the chance to get a decent drop that you can sell for profit and you was able to play it just by having enough GS, instead of doing endless dailys and weeklys just to play an instance that have chests with meaningless rewards. I truely don't understand how this game is considered a "Dungeon and Dragons" if the the dungeons have no rewards and the dragons are just large lizards with zero inteligence that you just try to kill as many as you can in 10 minutes instead of planning the figth. Now they even turned Srgt Knox in a corrupted functionary that lies to Lord November and tell him that a novice player that doesn't even know what TAB does for the class is a lvl70 adventurer and he steal weapons from the Neverwinter armory for you if you bribe him with 5k ZEN. Really, powerlevel is a banneable offense in every MMORPG that has ever existed and here is offered as a "service", how this thing can be called "Dungeon and Dragons"?.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    If management wants to make money, make the game fun again.

End of story.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Andy - this update to mod 10 is effectively killing having alts. We've been saying this for over a year now - the game is becoming less and less alt friendly. More alts means we spend MORE money to get them up to speed. Before Tuesday I had 5 main characters. I knew this update would cause me to drop one, however as I started the quest lines on my first toon, me and my partner both looked at each other and dropped down to 3.

I finally started the new zone last night (day 2 - but thats due to timezones - and whole other issue of HAMSTER Asia based players on when new content drops), it took between 90 mins to 2 hours (per toon) to do the opening quests. I gave up on the actual dailies and the quests that actually give you the new campaign currencies, because I had additional toons to try and start through this mess. 5 hours to get the opening quests done on 3 toons - nothing else, no dungeons, no weeklies, barely getting invokes and professions done.

@mimicking#6533 said he was all about the story - where was the story in these opening quests? Fetch this, kill these. The only slightly story like opening quests were the alarm spells and eventually rescuing the Elk folk. Oh and what did we get for this 90 in back and forth expedition on a giant map (where our speed is limited?), oh some Experience and gold. Zero Volinsblood, Zero currencies for close to 2 hours work.

Fishing - Why. The. HAMSTER. Is. This. Even. In. This. Game!? I'm sorry for the anger here, but have you all gone mad? Last time I checked, this was Dungeons & Dragons. Where do you even come up with an idea that Fishing will be fun? Who hurt you all?

The whole update just makes me feel sad. I'm already sad/upset/hurt because of yesterday, I then jumped onto the game to start this update to try to overcome feelings of dread, and instead I get told to go fish.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Andy - this update to mod 10 is effectively killing having alts. We've been saying this for over a year now - the game is becoming less and less alt friendly. More alts means we spend MORE money to get them up to speed. Before Tuesday I had 5 main characters. I knew this update would cause me to drop one, however as I started the quest lines on my first toon, me and my partner both looked at each other and dropped down to 3.

I finally started the new zone last night (day 2 - but thats due to timezones - and whole other issue of HAMSTER Asia based players on when new content drops), it took between 90 mins to 2 hours (per toon) to do the opening quests. I gave up on the actual dailies and the quests that actually give you the new campaign currencies, because I had additional toons to try and start through this mess. 5 hours to get the opening quests done on 3 toons - nothing else, no dungeons, no weeklies, barely getting invokes and professions done.

@mimicking#6533 said he was all about the story - where was the story in these opening quests? Fetch this, kill these. The only slightly story like opening quests were the alarm spells and eventually rescuing the Elk folk. Oh and what did we get for this 90 in back and forth expedition on a giant map (where our speed is limited?), oh some Experience and gold. Zero Volinsblood, Zero currencies for close to 2 hours work.

Fishing - Why. The. HAMSTER. Is. This. Even. In. This. Game!? I'm sorry for the anger here, but have you all gone mad? Last time I checked, this was Dungeons & Dragons. Where do you even come up with an idea that Fishing will be fun? Who hurt you all?

The whole update just makes me feel sad. I'm already sad/upset/hurt because of yesterday, I then jumped onto the game to start this update to try to overcome feelings of dread, and instead I get told to go fish.

Why do they need all these HAMSTER alarms q.q

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • takio#7508 takio Member Posts: 1 New User
    get fish , cook fish , next mod find bride and get married .... mod 13 - make children in game , mod 14 , be grandparents ....mod 15 die
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Yup, we hear you. More dungeons and less Heroic Encounters. We'll gladly take that to heart.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger