test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for up-to-date PvP advice

rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
edited November 2016 in The Thieves' Den
I can see what everyone's running, same old story, I know that far. So I came to ask for numbers. Benchmarks, what's a satisfactory lifesteal, max, do I go for deflect, or what's the latest with hp vs lifesteal vs deflect. On offense slots, power, recovery? The one build I found suggests crit for PvE. But that's PvE. And anyone crazy enough to tinker with arpen, is it worth experimenting like, say, if you don't alwayss use shocking. Or does everyone always use shocking?

That about sums it up. Feel free to enlighten a newly relapsed pvp junkie. Cheers

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Hey bro,
    WEl come back to the carnage!

In pvp hp,power,critical,deflect,lifesteal are amazing.

Most would say lifestyle of 20% is up to par.

Many players aim to have 50-70% deflection

Some players have 8000 point's in critical or more. Have seen 14000 and up in pvp

Power 18000 or more, have seen 24000 and up.

Hp wanted for tr is about 135k or higher.

It's madness once complete.

I chose to maximize mobility, lifesteal, with adequate power, and sub par critical (since I get 100% critical in stealth)

Courage breaker and bloodbath are nice for those who refuse to use shocking execution. Some tr, will choose whirlwind of blades for mass area damage.

I like lurkers and courage breaker.

About armor pen.. I maxed out at about 14000 and around 110% armor pen. Doesn't do much in pvp anymore.
    You need to get around 145% to reap the benefits, and by then you suffer from so much power loss it's a joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2016

~

Hey man! Thanks millions for this! This is exactly what I'm missing. Got 22K power and 140K for hp without enchants so that sounds good. I think I'll go for the lifesteal too. I just can't wrap my head around that much deflect without a ton of sacrifices. Then it's great to get some feedback in arpen and I agree, 14K on power is a lot to trade for.

Again, thanks for catching me up on the math of all of this! GLHF

• dravendrow76dravendrow76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I try to get used to PVP now for about 3 month.
    But i can´t understand it. Every step i make takes me closer to the edge.

First i run a BIS PVE Setup, because of having no PVP gear. (MIexe)
    12 brutal in all offence, lifesteal in defence.
    Dont work, because of Zero Tenacity. Get killed by everything that walks.

After a view weeks i´m ready to buy Prestige and Warborn and a view rings from Stronghold.
    3800 Tenacity, and even get killed all the time.
    Switch lilfesteal against silver for deflect. Result: get killed.

Look around for a current viable build. Found non.
    Switched to Sabo for piercing damage. Switched to power/recovery in offence and deflect in defense slots.
    Switched all boons to deflect and survability
    Result: PVE not playable, disgusting but - i want to understand PVP so its ok for the moment.
    Arround 20k Power, 4k crit, 5k arp + piercing from Sabo, 5k recovery.
    now i can fight 5 seconds longer, BUT can´t KILL ANYBODY.

Its not the problem with the math i think.
    The Problem is i allways met the same Premades. Gutbusters, Forsaken, PolishDom.
    Against other Players from various Guilds can match. But there are none. Only 1 out of 20 Matches!!
    And against Premade you can do NOTHING it seems.

So PVP is horrible, it takes sooooo much time, sooooo much Anger...
    but i will continue and find a way. PVE there is no challenge at all, but it seems PVP is running against a wall.

Hope to find Tipps and Tricks here to even kill 1 out of a 5 Premade.

... and shocking is a joke. Everybody knows how to avoid shocking, because of the sound it makes.
    Post edited by dravendrow76 on
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Drowned weapons, mount insignias that heal on deflect, critical,control are also welcome. Prestige is not a mist but valued.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Hi guys!
    This is the Build i Use In Mod 10... Still Useful as not a lot has change...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh7Dux2YN34
    Its a TR Executioner Build.
    Only Thing i did Different was went for Max Charisma and Max Dexterity at Start , Halfling and was 50.5% Deflect right of the start. Have only 2500 Deflect and have around 58.5% deflect ... so if i wanna be really a Deflect Beast i would add another 10% with the 4k Deflect Mount, another 4 from Silverys in Defense Slots and finally another 10% with 4k with Artifacts ... and 10% from Reinforcement and Insignias from Mounts and that would be around 97-100% deflect... add a potion and 100% Deflect ...youre like Spiderman. :) (at least on theory...)
    Only downside is youre not gonna kill a lot of people in pvp... so i only stacked Power in Offenses, add Assasinns Something from the Mounts Bonus and try to push power as much as posible. Stayed with 58% Deflect, got all Warborn Set, 2 double Deflect Rosegold Rings, get the heal on deflect buff from Mount Bonuses and youre set...
    Get as much AP as possible, i went Twisted set for power( but it can be with Elemental Fire as well for AP) and get yourself a AP Mount.
    Go dunk some heads in PVP and Tank very well at the same time.
    Btw Nice to have u around Rustlord!!
    Youre one of my Biggest Influences in Deflect Theory in TR and learned a lot from your Builds man!
    Happy to have you around again!!
    Welcome!!