test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we get an update to the Xvim set?

xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
I was lucky enough to get the three pieces of the Xvim set back in the day. It is has been great for leveling all my alts up to 60. I hadnt thought about it in a while but I had two curios drop recently, one from this CTA and one during the last CTA.

At this point in the game you cant complete the set. You can still get the curio drop and trade it to the mad man in PE for one piece and you can still make one piece of the set in the IWD campaign but the last piece only dropped from a long dead lockbox.

This also made me realize that the Xbox one and PS4 players would never have access to this fun account bound set as the lockbox holding the final piece dropped long before the launch of wither console version.

I love that 2 of the pieces can only be acquired from playing the game. It adds to the sence of acomplishment for getting the them, but having the last piece basically unobtainable is hampster.

What I would like to see.

Upgrade the set to level up to 70 with an IL on the 3 pieces at 130 or above.
Make the piece that was only available in a lockbox available from an end game campaign task like the one in IWD.

I would love to have this set available for others to collect on all platforms. Its not OP in any way, it is just really nice when raising alts and it could be a rewarding accomplishment/reward for end game players to collect by actually spending time in game.

Ara Atheanes GWF
Traxus Atheanes GF
Bastiel Atheanes DC
Ellara Atheanes CW
Keira Atheanes TR
Sarasin Atheanes SW
Jerkface McGee HR
-MANTARA- OP

Comments

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    While they probably *should* updated it to level 70, I wouldn't hold my breath. More likely they'll decide it's not inline with their strategy and remove its set bonus just like they did with the other lvl 60 gear.

That said, it IS still available via the lockboxes, so as such they should update it to 70,
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    kvet said:

That said, it IS still available via the lockboxes, so as such they should update it to 70,

There are curently 6,759 Frozen lockboxes on the AH and 6 Slayer Amulets of Xvim on the AH. The price for the amulets are over half a million AD. Its availability is from a lockbox that will not be around much longer and like I stated in the origonal post where does this leave Xbox and PS4 players?

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Thanks now they will delete the set...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    at least let us salvage the damn belt...
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Is it over 2 years old? If so it's not meant to be in game anymore. If they bring it up to lvl 70 I'll be just like everything else and be removed once people decide to use it.
    reg1981 said:

Is it over 2 years old? If so it's not meant to be in game anymore. If they bring it up to lvl 70 I'll be just like everything else and be removed once people decide to use it.

Like I said 2 of the pieces are still available and require you to actually play the game to get them. They are not op and never have, been their only shining moment comes when leveling an alt to 60. I would like to see the set usable to all platforms and viable to get alts closer to end game content.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    I wouldn't hold my breath either - but they might surprise us ;) It does seem that they actually bothered to move the belt into the campaign store, so there is that. Maybe they should add it to the current module store since it has similar theme to the IWD one. Complete both of the ice related campaigns to get 2 pieces and 1 from the ancient curio! That didn't sounded very bad.

But chances are, the lockbox is nearly obsolete, they might not bother about the gear like the Dark Fey (or something) leveling gears that used to exist back during Mod 2.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I wrote this up very recently, possibly in a thread about event rewards. The big problem with it is that the neck is unobtainable for all practical purposes, but buying the belt is still the ONLY thing you can do with an Ancient Curio, and that by itself is pathetic.

I think the set itself is still relevant even only scaling to 60 and if you can get all the pieces, good to have for your account, as it's really handy any time you level a new character. (I think it is also mandatory for lowbie PvP trolls.)

It would be nice if it scaled to 70, although not doing so doesn't make it useless. The decision to make Ancient Mulhorand and Dragonbone weapons only scale up to 60 was to introduce the Ensorcelled and ardent coin weapons that scale to 70, but the Xvim equipment hasn't had a replacement added, and 2 of 3 pieces are in overabundant supply.

If nothing else, the amulet could be added to the Madman's shop. I would not call that a complete solution, but it would help.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

I wrote this up very recently, possibly in a thread about event rewards. The big problem with it is that the neck is unobtainable for all practical purposes, but buying the belt is still the ONLY thing you can do with an Ancient Curio, and that by itself is pathetic.

I think the set itself is still relevant even only scaling to 60 and if you can get all the pieces, good to have for your account, as it's really handy any time you level a new character. (I think it is also mandatory for lowbie PvP trolls.)

It would be nice if it scaled to 70, although not doing so doesn't make it useless. The decision to make Ancient Mulhorand and Dragonbone weapons only scale up to 60 was to introduce the Ensorcelled and ardent coin weapons that scale to 70, but the Xvim equipment hasn't had a replacement added, and 2 of 3 pieces are in overabundant supply.

If nothing else, the amulet could be added to the Madman's shop. I would not call that a complete solution, but it would help.

Thank you beckylunatic! I love having it and would really like to see it available for more people. In my opinion it is a utilitarian set that has large QoL gains for people that manage to complete it. Like you said, even if it isnt boosted to 70 it is still relevant. especially for players (myself included) that want to experience all the classes and even some multiples of some classes with different skill trees.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP