test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, no SKT Mod update tomorrow ?

qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
Can someone confirm that there was an announcement during the stream that the SKT update will NOT be arriving tomorrow but has been put back a week ? As this is supposed to be happening tomorrow (or not >:) ) some kind of official post on the subject would be appreciated :)

Comments

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Just to clarify, I was playing online earlier today and someone mentioned on Guild Chat that the devs had said in the stream that there had been a delay. Anyone got more info ? @strumslinger maybe ?
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    So almost three hours since this thread was started and not even one single word from Cryptic. Did they really think that the majority of the community watched the live stream at the weekend? I only heard today myself as you did in alliance channel about the supposed delay. I shouldn't be surprised anymore but I actually am.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    + Yes Me Skipping it as well... will farm ad instead
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    qexotic said:

Just to clarify, I was playing online earlier today and someone mentioned on Guild Chat that the devs had said in the stream that there had been a delay. Anyone got more info ? @strumslinger maybe ?

He said during the stream on Saturday that the update was "next Tuesday". Maybe someone from another timezone misinterpreted that?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Could be a dialect issue. Next Tuesday would be tomorrow. Tuesday after next would be next week.

At any rate, I hope it's not delayed. I'd really like to be able to drop Return on Investment for this week's round of Biggrin's runs.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited November 2016
    urabask said:

qexotic said:

He said during the stream on Saturday that the update was "next Tuesday". Maybe someone from another timezone misinterpreted that?
    That sounds like a distinct possibility. Maybe someone from Cryptic will post a definitive response on here once they catch up with 'Real Time' >:) It's 5.00pm GMT here in the UK at time of typing this which is something like 9.00am PT where Cryptic are to be found.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Because it totally makes sense to assign more credibility to rumors than to there being no official announcement of a delay, right?

It also sounds to me like someone made an idiotic assumption based on "next Tuesday". Purple monkey dishwasher.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Could be a dialect issue. Next Tuesday would be tomorrow. Tuesday after next would be next week.

At any rate, I hope it's not delayed. I'd really like to be able to drop Return on Investment for this week's round of Biggrin's runs.

mmm... On Saturday, typically "next" Tuesday wouldn't mean the very next upcoming Tuesday, rather one would say "this Tuesday" and "Next Tuesday" would refer to (and be synonymous to) "the Tuesday after next." This is why when someone says something like "Next Tuesday" someone invariably clarifies if the mean Next or the one after next.... It's actually pretty stupid and easily to confuse.

There's a reason why English is considered to be one of the hardest languages in the world for non-native speakers to learn fluently...

Anyway, as far as I know Moving Ice is supposed to drop on November 8th. I have not seen any announcement saying it's been delayed, and I would think if they were missing their launch day, they'd have said so by this point (being the day before)... at least... one would think.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I'm pretty sure that the patch will be dropping tomorrow. The delay is with the changes to the dungeon keys, but I'll try to get confirmation.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Puts on official moderator hat. There will be a patch tomorrow. The delay was about the dungeon key changes. That is all.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited November 2016
    kvet said:

pitshade said:

mmm... On Saturday, typically "next" Tuesday wouldn't mean the very next upcoming Tuesday, rather one would say "this Tuesday" and "Next Tuesday" would refer to (and be synonymous to) "the Tuesday after next." This is why when someone says something like "Next Tuesday" someone invariably clarifies if the mean Next or the one after next.... It's actually pretty stupid and easily to confuse.

There's a reason why English is considered to be one of the hardest languages in the world for non-native speakers to learn fluently...

Anyway, as far as I know Moving Ice is supposed to drop on November 8th. I have not seen any announcement saying it's been delayed, and I would think if they were missing their launch day, they'd have said so by this point (being the day before)... at least... one would think.
    In America Sunday is the first day of the week so if on Saturday you say "next Tuesday" it means the Tuesday in the following week which in this case would be 11/8/16. You'd say "this Tuesday" to refer to Tuesday during the week that you're in.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    LOL have America made up their own week too now? :p Mondays no longer good enough to kick things off? The early bird needs to catch them worms...

I'm surprised that there was nothing on the launcher about the patch dropping on Tuesday. That's like 24 hours from new content (that most people won't be running).
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,374 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    For me, next Tuesday belongs to next week. When it is on Saturday, what is next week?
    If you say next Tuesday today (a Monday), I expect the Tuesday of next week and not tomorrow.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    kreatyve said:

Puts on official moderator hat. There will be a patch tomorrow. The delay was about the dungeon key changes. That is all.

That's close enough to an official announcement for me :)

But to get back to the new main thread topic....has anyone ever heard the phrase:

'England and America are two countries divided by a common language'

Seems to fit this situation perfectly >:)

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    qexotic said:

kreatyve said:

The delay was about the dungeon key changes. That is all.

Umm...what delay regarding dungeon key changes????
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User

For me, next Tuesday belongs to next week. When it is on Saturday, what is next week?
    If you say next Tuesday today (a Monday), I expect the Tuesday of next week and not tomorrow.

Right, that's what I was trying to say, but maybe I confused myself... haha.

If someone were to refer to Tuesday of this week, they'd say "this Tuesday" (or, you know... tomorrow. But that's beside the point), in the same way they'd say "this week" to refer to the current week and "next week" to refer to the upcoming week. I still think it's confusing since the whole thing is open to interpretation.

To somewhat change to subject: time. My wife always says (for example) "10 of" meaning 10 minutes until the next hour. So, 09:50 would be "10 of 10" -- it always confuses me, because for me, the article "of" represents possession. Meaning, "10 of 10" means, to me, 10 minutes within the 10 o'clock hour or... 10:10 and instead, one should say "10 till" or "10 to 10." I think this might actually be a regional term, since I never heard it until I met her (she's from the northeast US). She also says to my kids: "Are you done your dinner?" or "Are you finished your homework?" - that sort of thing - drops the "with". Her whole family does it, as I've noticed do other friends I have from the northeast. It's always made my inner grammar HAMSTER cringe.

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    not being sarcastic but... does anyone still watches their stream? o.O
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
    lirithiel said:

LOL have America made up their own week too now? :p Mondays no longer good enough to kick things off? The early bird needs to catch them worms...

I'm surprised that there was nothing on the launcher about the patch dropping on Tuesday. That's like 24 hours from new content (that most people won't be running).

It's the other way around. Europe changed to a week starting on Monday because of new international standards.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Umm...what delay regarding dungeon key changes????

Guess they had to remove the original patch that would prevent us from peeking before using keys. I would expect they are holding off the launch info and pre-patch until they are sure nothing broke with that removal. Just in case.

Still, that news is over week old. Not being done with that removal 15h before launch, having no patch notes and the refusal of any official statement until a mod forces them to doesn't fill me with confidence for tomorrow. We'll have to wait and see how it goes..
    The no-peeking change was reverted in the most recent preview update, but since it will still ultimately go ahead after the loot system gets a needed overhaul, the intended no-peeking change is "delayed" not cancelled.

There is no reason for anyone to go into panic mode over them deciding to delay the delay, which is what some of these replies sound like.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    urabask said:

lirithiel said:

It's the other way around. Europe changed to a week starting on Monday because of new international standards.
    That's not the issue, in UK English the first Tuesday you hit in the future is "this Tuesday", the second is "next Tuesday" regardless of which week you're in, this Tuesday is always in the future.
  • oblivionknight6oblivionknight6 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Is today the tomorrow you worried about yesterday?
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

urabask said:

lirithiel said:

That's not the issue, in UK English the first Tuesday you hit in the future is "this Tuesday", the second is "next Tuesday" regardless of which week you're in, this Tuesday is always in the future.
    Actually in UK English the upcoming Tuesday would be referred to as "this coming Tuesday". Next Tuesday would always refer to the Tuesday in the next week (not the one that you are currently in).

To sum it up:

If it is Sunday/Monday - you'd refer to the coming Tuesday as "this coming Tuesday". Next Tuesday would refer to the week after.
    Tuesday-Saturday - Next Tuesday would refer to the very next Tuesday (in the following week). If you wanted the one after it is "Tuesday after next".

English is a confusing language, but anytime you are leveraging time terminology it's always based on your current place in time. So due to Andy saying this on Saturday - his "next Tuesday" would be Tuesday 8th.
  • bumfluffbobbumfluffbob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    urabask said:

In Europe, the week has begun on a Monday ever since they worked out that an omnipotent being created night and day on day one.
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    You guys got me paranoid. I'm still waiting for the downtime announcement in the launcher and in the forums. They usually give us a days warning, don't they?
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Both the launcher and forum posts are up - along with final patch notes.