test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devotion Crit OP

manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
So... this is just a speculation build, idk if anyone have tried, but I'm looking for advice so here it goes... I recently started a Devotion Human OP, and I'm aiming for this character to have a relatively high crit chance, probably 40-50% just because #yolo and also want to avoid getting an Owlbear for this character, lol.

My build will look something like this: http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/op?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1x0l30l:15u55z1:1000000:1u50000&h=1&p=ood&o=0

I'm still deciding tho, I wanna do decent healing but also deal decent damage to feel the dailies less painful than with my Prot OP at least, I'm gonna be using a Perfect Dread and probably Azures in offense, Black Ice set and planning my other artifacts to be the GWF Sigil, DC Sigil and the Lantern.

Idk anything about Devo OP so anything you can tell me would be useful, even if you say it's a terrible idea, I think it is! Lol

Comments

• justawillyjustawilly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    One tiny note on prism. it needs a heal to activate whilst beacon of hope only needs a daily to activate... and if you activate shield of faith that heal is 30% more because heal is boosted but the daily. only problem with beacon of hope is.... it only heals allies not yourself. not like I needed much healing anyway
  • manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    @theslotharmy#3268 I already have a Protection OP and also a DC, but I want an OP Devotion just out of curiosity, I'm aiming to give her some crit just to make her fun and deal more dmg, but like I said, idk anything about Devotion.

I think I'll get Prism then, I guess I'll be healing quite often, but idk how I feel about max HP, I know Aura of Courage is pretty awesome, but since every other OP uses it idk if I should
  • manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I don't think Wrathful Strikes affects Cure Wounds, it says damage and Cure Wounds doesn't deal any damage, I could be wrong tho. My Devotion OP is at level 32, I haven't played much lately, gotta try Light Touched and will let you know latter.

Also, I'm really unsure about which one is better, Beacon of Hope or Prism, their descriptions are pretty similar and both activate upon Daily used, or at least, that's what their description on Xbox says.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

I don't think Wrathful Strikes affects Cure Wounds, it says damage and Cure Wounds doesn't deal any damage, I could be wrong tho. My Devotion OP is at level 32, I haven't played much lately, gotta try Light Touched and will let you know latter.

Also, I'm really unsure about which one is better, Beacon of Hope or Prism, their descriptions are pretty similar and both activate upon Daily used, or at least, that's what their description on Xbox says.

Prism
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    After I checked Advanced combat tracker, I got rid of Purifying fire. Its dmg is very very low. I also do not use Echoes of light (chance only 4 per minute), because I have high recovery in combat (over 20k), and Divine call fills up quickly so I can use Justice tab feet for shorter cooldown. So I have Beacon of hope and Prism. I have Justice 1/0, 1/0, 1/0, 0/1, 0/1, 1 and Light 1/0, 1/0, 1/0
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

So... this is just a speculation build, idk if anyone have tried, but I'm looking for advice so here it goes... I recently started a Devotion Human OP, and I'm aiming for this character to have a relatively high crit chance, probably 40-50% just because #yolo and also want to avoid getting an Owlbear for this character, lol.

My build will look something like this: http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/op?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1x0l30l:15u55z1:1000000:1u50000&h=1&p=ood&o=0

I'm still deciding tho, I wanna do decent healing but also deal decent damage to feel the dailies less painful than with my Prot OP at least, I'm gonna be using a Perfect Dread and probably Azures in offense, Black Ice set and planning my other artifacts to be the GWF Sigil, DC Sigil and the Lantern.

Idk anything about Devo OP so anything you can tell me would be useful, even if you say it's a terrible idea, I think it is! Lol

As Healadins have crazy stupid heals in PvE, you shouldn't need to worry about your healing output, just on how you plan to DPS.

Good idea of not going for Owlbear, as it's getting hit with the nerfbat (on PC, not sure if you're on console).

I'd personally try Sigil of the Controller instead of Sigil of the GWF, as Power/Crit is an amazing stat combo that is hard to pass up, especially for your build aim.

I'd consider all Brutals in offense, but you may not have the dosh to pick up a full set of Brutal 12s, so Azures should do fine.

I haven't touched a DevOP in a while, but I recall most of your damage came from Aura of Courage, Burning Guidance (if you have it), and Divine Judgement. As none of those are encounters, you may wish to consider a Vorpal or Feytouched to boost the damage of your Divine Judgement.

A similar build aim would be in Draco's Tankadin (@slappdaniel) build: a Paladin which "doesn't" have total HAMSTER damage.

• trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    I'm currently running crit build and it's a lot of fun: https://m.imgur.com/a/OsGb8 Went CON/CHA with feat that increases crit chance by 1% per Charisma point. Around 40 to 45% buffed crit chance for now but it'll go up eventually with different/upgraded gear and higher bondings. In typical CN run I end up not far behind half the damage of top GWF, but on first boss and Orcus I'm using Bane and Wheel to buff him and most of my damage comes from trash mobs between bosses when I use Burning Light and Divine Touch (the heals from DT are ridiculous, I've seen 560k non crit). I'm planning to switch to Dragonflight armor for more crit, get Dusk head, Dragonflight (solo)/Dusk (party) arms and Drowcraft/Dusk feet. Still Radiants in defense for HP because of Aura of Courage, replace Dark for Silvery in offense once I get more armpen from Black Ice set and insignias and change feats for more at-will damage instead encounter recharge speed after getting higher recovery. I'll probably keep artifacts except OP Sigil and replace it with Heart of the White Dragon for HP/Defense/AoE Resist to be more tanky (I like to stand in red), power or crit is easier to get through bondings and I want to keep secondary stats close to 1000 soft cap, AP gain from jewel kits and insignias if no artifact with it. I want to replace Rising Defense (which is good solo) with Sieging, but I also have Sudden Precision +4 I haven't tried yet. R8 bondings currently, I'll go for personalized gear with crit, recovery and power, Azures in defense, 3-stat enchants with crit, recovery and power in offense. Tell me what you think.

I'm currently running crit build and it's a lot of fun: https://m.imgur.com/a/OsGb8 Went CON/CHA with feat that increases crit chance by 1% per Charisma point. Around 40 to 45% buffed crit chance for now but it'll go up eventually with different/upgraded gear and higher bondings. In typical CN run I end up not far behind half the damage of top GWF, but on first boss and Orcus I'm using Bane and Wheel to buff him and most of my damage comes from trash mobs between bosses when I use Burning Light and Divine Touch (the heals from DT are ridiculous, I've seen 560k non crit). I'm planning to switch to Dragonflight armor for more crit, get Dusk head, Dragonflight (solo)/Dusk (party) arms and Drowcraft/Dusk feet. Still Radiants in defense for HP because of Aura of Courage, replace Dark for Silvery in offense once I get more armpen from Black Ice set and insignias and change feats for more at-will damage instead encounter recharge speed after getting higher recovery. I'll probably keep artifacts except OP Sigil and replace it with Heart of the White Dragon for HP/Defense/AoE Resist to be more tanky (I like to stand in red), power or crit is easier to get through bondings and I want to keep secondary stats close to 1000 soft cap, AP gain from jewel kits and insignias if no artifact with it. I want to replace Rising Defense (which is good solo) with Sieging, but I also have Sudden Precision +4 I haven't tried yet. R8 bondings currently, I'll go for personalized gear with crit, recovery and power, Azures in defense, 3-stat enchants with crit, recovery and power in offense. Tell me what you think.

The gear and build seems typical as to what I'd expect from a DPS Paladin, although, personally, I wouldn't stack At-will damage due to it being a less significant part of your DPS.

For offense slots, I personally just stacked Radiants and Brutals, as I solved recovery with Elf's/@jazzfong's Dragon Heart idea, adapted for a Paladin. It worked fairly well: wait for Bondings, turn around to press the Dragon heart, cancel the animation with shield, and walk around with 11,000-17,000 Recovery. Since you're planning to pick up a White Dragon Heart, you might want to consider this idea.

One thing to note about the 3-stat enchants: I'm not sure if this patch affected consoles, but I recall PC had a patch which did something in regards to the 3-stat enchants. What happened on PC was that peoples' enchants glitched, like Soulforges jamming and not reviving someone on their first down. The only solution to this was to unequip each and every enchantment and reapply to gear. Just a warning, as I am unsure if the glitch has been fixed on PC/glitch is still on consoles.

• trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

The gear and build seems typical as to what I'd expect from a DPS Paladin, although, personally, I wouldn't stack At-will damage due to it being a less significant part of your DPS.

For offense slots, I personally just stacked Radiants and Brutals, as I solved recovery with Elf's/@jazzfong's Dragon Heart idea, adapted for a Paladin. It worked fairly well: wait for Bondings, turn around to press the Dragon heart, cancel the animation with shield, and walk around with 11,000-17,000 Recovery. Since you're planning to pick up a White Dragon Heart, you might want to consider this idea.

One thing to note about the 3-stat enchants: I'm not sure if this patch affected consoles, but I recall PC had a patch which did something in regards to the 3-stat enchants. What happened on PC was that peoples' enchants glitched, like Soulforges jamming and not reviving someone on their first down. The only solution to this was to unequip each and every enchantment and reapply to gear. Just a warning, as I am unsure if the glitch has been fixed on PC/glitch is still on consoles.

Thanks for the tips. When it comes to at-will, it'd be moving two points from recharge speed (4% - 800 recovery) to at-will 4% damage. I always run with Aura of Wisdom which provides 25% but in dungeons on bosses I often use Bond, Vow and Bane so I think extra 4% recharge would be pointless there while more damage, even not that much, from at-will could be good in the long run. And on trash Justice capstone is usually enough to use encounters faster even with my current level of recovery.

Could you explain the Dragon Heart idea or link the thread? I can't find it and I don't know exactly how that works. Does it have something to do with Artificer's Persuasion insignia bonus and the 75% reduced cooldown on artifact if no targets are hit? I can't think of anything else. Getting that much recovery does sound nice though.

I just went through my boons and I'm considering doing a 180 turn in terms offense vs defense there once I upgrade to appropriate level my artifacts, gear, enchants and especially bondings. I did what most did for Dev OP - boons with power over defense. But what I have in mind is aim for 80% DR - at least 50% alone from gear and bondings, then the last 30% from both Sieging +5 and Negation (to not being one shotted before Negation fully kicks in) - by taking boons with defense, HP (and even more crit over power by the way) and build power through bondings instead, and in party getting power from e.g. DC or when solo from boon that stacks power per kill. It's not possible to build defense through bondings on similar level to power because epic gear don't have defense stats (3x belt in my case) and that leaves place for 3 Azures in slots and bondings themselves. That way with high recovery and Heroism it could allow to tank a bit while healing through damage. Sounds good in theory but I don't know how it would work. And there's a long way to get there.

rjc9000 said:

Thanks for the tips. When it comes to at-will, it'd be moving two points from recharge speed (4% - 800 recovery) to at-will 4% damage. I always run with Aura of Wisdom which provides 25% but in dungeons on bosses I often use Bond, Vow and Bane so I think extra 4% recharge would be pointless there while more damage, even not that much, from at-will could be good in the long run. And on trash Justice capstone is usually enough to use encounters faster even with my current level of recovery.

Could you explain the Dragon Heart idea or link the thread? I can't find it and I don't know exactly how that works. Does it have something to do with Artificer's Persuasion insignia bonus and the 75% reduced cooldown on artifact if no targets are hit? I can't think of anything else. Getting that much recovery does sound nice though.

I just went through my boons and I'm considering doing a 180 turn in terms offense vs defense there once I upgrade to appropriate level my artifacts, gear, enchants and especially bondings. I did what most did for Dev OP - boons with power over defense. But what I have in mind is aim for 80% DR - at least 50% alone from gear and bondings, then the last 30% from both Sieging +5 and Negation (to not being one shotted before Negation fully kicks in) - by taking boons with defense, HP (and even more crit over power by the way) and build power through bondings instead, and in party getting power from e.g. DC or when solo from boon that stacks power per kill. It's not possible to build defense through bondings on similar level to power because epic gear don't have defense stats (3x belt in my case) and that leaves place for 3 Azures in slots and bondings themselves. That way with high recovery and Heroism it could allow to tank a bit while healing through damage. Sounds good in theory but I don't know how it would work. And there's a long way to get there.
    Yep, Elf''s Dragonheart idea is pretty much exactly what you described.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1223142/a-crazy-idea-for-bis-pve-acdc