test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 10 PvE Righteous Divine Oracle Devoted cleric buffing guide (video only!)

Comments

• tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Figure it out yourself. Everyone else does.

BTW. @obliquity811 the Xbox meta might be slightly/very different due to several key differences between versions. The lack of "Loyal" companion gear makes it harder for Xbox ACs to get to that AA spam sweet spot, for example, among other things like simply having a younger (playtime-wise) playerbase. The whole issue might even go away with new mod changes before it becomes particularly noticeable for Xbox players.
    Post edited by tyrtallow on
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    For reference, I just re-confirmed on live that augment companions don't contribute to AA.

Some math:
    Base power with no companion: 14,084
    My power with the augment summoned: 15,429 (I only put a few rings on for a total of 1,170 power stat *1.15 b/c legendary = 1,345 total power increase from augment)
    My total power with AA and augment: 22,471
    Power increase from AA: 7,042 (22,471 - 15,429)
    That comes out to 0.456413248 if you divide it by 15,429
    Or it comes out to a neat 0.5 if you divide it by 14,084

Ergo, power contributed by augment companion (in this case stone of might) does not get included in the AA buff. Admittedly I could be more rigorous and test this with a friend reading off their power, but I challenge you to do that next part :)
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    @dupeks you're right.
    Here a video where it is clear.
    Nude cleric, 0 everywhere: her stats come from the augment only.

https://youtu.be/BCSImExzN34

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

@dupeks you're right.

I like your method, elegant, quick and efficient. :smile:
    diogene0 said:

rapo973 said:

@dupeks you're right.

I like your method, elegant, quick and efficient. :smile:
    Yeah very elegant :) I"m jealous of your video capture and posting skillz

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    I'm jealous of your nakedness..... o wait now we are even...

Thanks for the follow-up testing
    edited October 2016
    A new video of has been added. It's about FBI. Depending on how much cryptic cares about our feedback about the dungeon keys changes, it may or may not be the final video.
  • mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Ayyy! I thought you were giving up on us. Glad to see you're not! We may disagree on things from time to time but as I've always tried to state, disagreements and debates are how thoughts, methods, and strategies improve.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy

Ayyy! I thought you were giving up on us. Glad to see you're not! We may disagree on things from time to time but as I've always tried to state, disagreements and debates are how thoughts, methods, and strategies improve.

No, I was just dealing with some stuff lately. I didn't give up on the video thing at all, merely on the written mechanics guide (moved on to CW, more fun), and if cryptic sees the light about the keys changes, I will continue uploading stuff.

The next tentative videos will be a little surprise, but there will surely be something about dragons. More specifically, big dragons that love coming to visit us with extreme regularity. It's saddening to see all these pug clerics spamming yellow things on the ground and missing 80% of the farmers with their buffs, slowing down their own farming to the point I think a video is required to show how it's done. :smile:
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Nice little discussion, but none of this will matter because the DC is currently being reworked.

The originator of this thread wants Annointed Army nerfed into the ground and has already communicated that fact to the devs in the feedback for the new content coming up. "...damage and CC immunity of anointed army that should be removed entirely."

Prepare for the DC to be more of a healer maybe...not sure what is going to happen. Any buffing etc that it does will probably be very limited.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    I think we are all at the edges of our seats waiting for the hammer to drop for DC changes... that is if we'll still be around when they come out.

Frankly, most of my FL is leaving/has left because of recent decisions. I think that the recent key change will set off another wave of departures.

FWIW, the DC is a great buffer in many different ways. I don't think that the devs will completely kill off the class, recent class balance has forced players to adapt but hasn't made any class unplayable. Their other decisions are doing that to the game overall though.
    edited October 2016

Nice little discussion, but none of this will matter because the DC is currently being reworked.

The originator of this thread wants Annointed Army nerfed into the ground and has already communicated that fact to the devs in the feedback for the new content coming up. "...damage and CC immunity of anointed army that should be removed entirely."

Prepare for the DC to be more of a healer maybe...not sure what is going to happen. Any buffing etc that it does will probably be very limited.

You're giving me too much credit. The devs did listen to my feedback in the past, because i got support from many other players, but now, I'm not sure. I' still hopeful the damage immunity part of AA gets entirely removed. I'm not too worried about power sharing as long as it's kept under control, control which has yet to be implemented though.
    Gvien the disaster inbound, today's batch doesn't have only one but two videos! I'm going to make them a lot faster to cover the stuff I planned to initially, as the devs are about to implement a change I cannot agree with, so I hope you enjoy the content while it lasts! :smile:

Is there anything you guys think I should either go back to or start showing? I'm not sure I'm going to have time to record the ~10 remaining pve videos I have planned, as some of them may require up to 4-5 takes and attempts.
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    i find divine oracle very weak in PVE.

i want to try this DO build, i think it might work in PVP
    (buff deflecet, forsight and divine fortune with BoH and AS with one of Bts/FF/chains/SB)
    nwcalc.com/index.html#/dc?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13l3314:1000000:1a55000:15u0z0v&h=0&p=dvo&o=0

but in PVE i am not sure it will work.
    i can switch to holy fervor /hastering light and DG but even then i will focus more on heals and will hardly buff the party.

edited October 2016
    plavia said:

(buff deflecet, forsight and divine fortune with BoH and AS with one of Bts/FF/chains/SB)
    nwcalc.com/index.html#/dc?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13l3314:1000000:1a55000:15u0z0v&h=0&p=dvo&o=0

i can switch to holy fervor /hastering light and DG but even then i will focus more on heals and will hardly buff the party.

If you want to play pvp, play AC/Faithful. IMO this build makes little sense, even for pvp. There's a lot of stuff that looks suboptimal at first glance, like righteous suffering over astral fury - you know you can pick 2x tier 1 feats to unlock tier 3, right? But beyond these inconsistencies, there's no good reason at all not to go faithful for pvp. First, you're going to heal no matter what, because that's how you get wins. Then, faithful does that perfectly, and the capstone + shared burdens are lovely.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    diogene0 said:

plavia said:

If you want to play pvp, play AC/Faithful. IMO this build makes little sense, even for pvp. There's a lot of stuff that looks suboptimal at first glance, like righteous suffering over astral fury - you know you can pick 2x tier 1 feats to unlock tier 3, right? But beyond these inconsistencies, there's no good reason at all not to go faithful for pvp. First, you're going to heal no matter what, because that's how you get wins. Then, faithful does that perfectly, and the capstone + shared burdens are lovely.
    Not really the case, healing is a must in mid, but killing is more important in 1v1 to cap either base and to prevent easy stalemate, so righteous is kinda valid if u willing to risk a little.
    jazzfong said:

diogene0 said:

plavia said:

Not really the case, healing is a must in mid, but killing is more important in 1v1 to cap either base and to prevent easy stalemate, so righteous is kinda valid if u willing to risk a little.
    I'm merely talking about winning. Not many classes have access to tools that are clear victory conditions. Heals and AS are such things though, which is why I can keep a very high win/loss ratio on my DC. Doing a bit of damage? Any class can do that better. Sure it may feel more satisfying to play, but it's not helping the team as much as mitigation and heals.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    DO may be the better buffer theoretically, but AA also provides that defensebuff and cc immunity, wich is hard to beat at so many occasions imo.
    I did not do one FBI with a DO cleric, but I guess he may have issues to get his party that smooth through those Boss fights than an AC cleric can do?

ups, the topic was 2 pages ago, sry
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    A new video has been added. It shows how you can carry a team without a tank.

DO may be the better buffer theoretically, but AA also provides that defensebuff and cc immunity, wich is hard to beat at so many occasions imo.
    I did not do one FBI with a DO cleric, but I guess he may have issues to get his party that smooth through those Boss fights than an AC cleric can do?

ups, the topic was 2 pages ago, sry

Yes FBI can be a problem if the DPS have to dodge.
  • ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    plavia said:

For PVE: http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/dc?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1li3314:1000000:1000000:1uu0z57&h=0&p=dvo&o=0
    I think this is generally what alot of our feats look like for righteous main-tree DCs. It leaves 14 points unassigned so you can put it where ever you need, faithful, virtuous or back to righteous.

I find that a good rotation affects the buffs/debuffs alot. Good rotation -> good buff/debuff uptime, knowing when to cast it and when to save the daily if you use HG matters too. Chances are, those trash that is going to die in 5 secs won't mind living extra 1 sec without HG. Encounters I usually use DG, Bastion and BtS. And try to get as much empowered BtS up. If you can aligned the DG, 3x BTS and HG TOGETHER in boss fights, stuff tends to melt with a decent party. I find people tend to neglect the importance of pulling off a good rotation and focus more on the builds but sometimes rotations can make big differences in the same build and similar gear.

If you have healing problems, I usually slot in the healer's lore class feature for that extra boost, especially in FBI. That being said, I'm a DO and running runs without OP or ACDC's AA is more challenging but not impossible, so you it should be pretty ok in other dungeons. And on a off-note, hastening light isn't very good for a DO DC if they are buffing using HG since HG's uptime is long.

I can't say for DPSing DCs or PvP-wise though as I mainly heal/buff/debuff and is still working on adapting my build towards the DPS spectrum and I hardly PvP.
  • beerninja#1874 beerninja Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Your videos seem great but I'm having great difficulty understanding you because your mic level is low, the game volume is high, and your accent is very strong. Can you add subtitles to your videos?
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    1. Any build that uses Bear your Sins clearly hasn't tested it out.

It's bugged; it doesn't give you bonus dmg if you've already reached arm pen cap. It does increase dmg from Fire of the Gods but it isn't worth it.

2. You have 5/5 Piercing Light - which is also a waste of points because it gives 10% arm pen regardless of rank (i.e. 1/5 gives 10%)

3. I prefer Have Faith over Lasting Wishes; your heal is abysmally weak as a righteous DC and 10% of a small number is still very small. Not to mention your only source of heal is pretty much just Divine Glow.

4. Domain Synergy has gotta be one of the worst feats; 3/5 gives you 1% RSI if you have ~13,000 Recovery. Holy Resolve is probably a wiser choice, unless you're so confident that you don't ever need a clutch heal. Speaking of personal experience, it has saved me many times.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    bvira said:

It's bugged; it doesn't give you bonus dmg if you've already reached arm pen cap. It does increase dmg from Fire of the Gods but it isn't worth it.

2. You have 5/5 Piercing Light - which is also a waste of points because it gives 10% arm pen regardless of rank (i.e. 1/5 gives 10%)

3. I prefer Have Faith over Lasting Wishes; your heal is abysmally weak as a righteous DC and 10% of a small number is still very small. Not to mention your only source of heal is pretty much just Divine Glow.

4. Domain Synergy has gotta be one of the worst feats; 3/5 gives you 1% RSI if you have ~13,000 Recovery. Holy Resolve is probably a wiser choice, unless you're so confident that you don't ever need a clutch heal. Speaking of personal experience, it has saved me many times.

I told him same thing, his build is not optimal.
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @solbergx / @bvira
    which feats actualy works?
    gift of gods, fire of the gods, rightous suffering, have faith?

thos are the one to avoid?
    piercig light - 10% ArP is low
    astral fury - not sure if its works
    divine intervention - give ~6K temp HP that dont stack.

as for lasting wishes.
    with the power buff of AC I can heal alot in PVE so 10% should help.
    but in PVP I am not sure as i can't power up (i switch to ArP boons + rings + no companion)
    edited November 2016
    bvira said:

I'll still stick with bear your sins most of the times; you don't know how many dps players don't even reach the 40% armpen cap. This is a realistic choice, and it's not like there's anything better to pick at tier 4. I'm not aware of piercing light bugs though, i'll check that out. I'm currently using have faith in my current build, because it's not a crit based build (I'm playing AC these days as FBI team demands it), but with terrifying insight and 5/5 fotg buffing and triggering repurpose soul, lasting wishes is OK. I also don't like the CD on holy resolve. so I'm wasting points into stats. And no I rarely need to save myself. I rarely die, and when I do it's because I'm not careful, so I'd rather work on that.

There's actually a lot of difference between what works with AC and what works with DO. I'm not saying the build I suggested is the absolute best for every situation but it has a purpose and a consistency. DO can and should be built differently. It can't carry as hard so every bit of carrying helps. My current AC build is closer to what you suggest and I have recorded the material to publish it two days ago already (still can't be arsed to do all the tedious editing) as it's been very often requested in the comments of my videos over the last two weeks. It's not that I don't know what works and what doesn't, but I must insist on the differences between AC and DO and between the ideal team and what we get as "teammates" in neverwinter in reality.
    solbergx said:

bvira said:

I told him same thing, his build is not optimal.
    You didn't say anything except quoting figures of authority without understanding what you quote.
    I have now published the first part of my current AC build.
  • Hey, long time lurker on these forums. I really enjoy your videos. I just wanted to know, in your most recent video, you posted something about divine glow generating action points for every friend you heal. Are you sure about this?

https://youtu.be/H6SxR8zkAZE?t=459

In this video of yours here in Tiamat you use Divine Glow. Keeping in mind that you are healing many targets it should completely fill your AP bar. IDK if bastion is the same, ill try it in Tiamat and see if it fills my AP. I don't think it has a target cap, so it should give you action points for every friend who is hit by it and then fill your AP.
    Just another hour to go.
    edited November 2016

Hey, long time lurker on these forums. I really enjoy your videos. I just wanted to know, in your most recent video, you posted something about divine glow generating action points for every friend you heal. Are you sure about this?
    In this video of yours here in Tiamat you use Divine Glow. Keeping in mind that you are healing many targets it should completely fill your AP bar. IDK if bastion is the same, ill try it in Tiamat and see if it fills my AP. I don't think it has a target cap, so it should give you action points for every friend who is hit by it and then fill your AP.

There is a cap to the AP i can get from DG, it's not unlimited. It's also not very consistent, I have yet to determine the exact circumstances under which it generates more AP. On that matter, bastion is much more reliable.
  • diogene0 said:

Hey, long time lurker on these forums. I really enjoy your videos. I just wanted to know, in your most recent video, you posted something about divine glow generating action points for every friend you heal. Are you sure about this?

There is a cap to the AP i can get from DG, it's not unlimited. It's also not very consistent, I have yet to determine the exact circumstances under which it generates more AP. On that matter, bastion is much more reliable.
    Ok, thanks for explaining, since I was curious :) Also, Ty for sharing the results of your internal testing with us, I really appreciate it.

About gear, my dc is about 2.5k and I just grinded out hes to get the burning set, but I was thinking maybe it was worthed to switch to the drowned set. What do you think? Should I switch? Which set is better for dc? Or is twisted good? Some people say the power is shared and others don't, so I am not sure. Also, I am using the ring of rising focus and the ring of brutality +4, are those good, or should I switch them with something else?

TY for your help :)
    Just another hour to go.
    edited November 2016

diogene0 said:

Ok, thanks for explaining, since I was curious :) Also, Ty for sharing the results of your internal testing with us, I really appreciate it.

About gear, my dc is about 2.5k and I just grinded out hes to get the burning set, but I was thinking maybe it was worthed to switch to the drowned set. What do you think? Should I switch? Which set is better for dc? Or is twisted good? Some people say the power is shared and others don't, so I am not sure. Also, I am using the ring of rising focus and the ring of brutality +4, are those good, or should I switch them with something else?

TY for your help :)
    Power from the twisted set is a buff and isn't shared with others. Burning is fine. The drowned set is bugged and I don't recommend it because bugs rarely make worthy long term investments. Your choice of rings is fine. Once you get rank 12 bondings and silveries on your companion, you should be able to get rid off your rising focus ring for something with power on it like some FBI jewelry, but in the meantime, it's a good choice.

Off-topic: I've uploaded the second part of the build with feats, it's in the OP.