test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Art Developer Blog: Khyek Design

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
We would like to briefly talk about the creation of the khyek boats for our upcoming update Sea of Moving Ice.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10245003-art-developer-blog:-khyek-design

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I can guarantee that no one is excited for their keks.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I find the entire aesthetic vaguely uncomfortable because it's a massive hodge-podge of recognizable elements from Pacific Northwest, Arctic, and Polynesian aboriginal cultures, with this "primitive" overlay.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    well i do love new content, but what i love more then new content is fixed old content. nostalgia is an amazing thing and beats new things by infinity.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Yet another thing to keep in my bag?!? - Definitely not excited.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

edited November 2016

We would like to briefly talk about the creation of the khyek boats for our upcoming update Sea of Moving Ice.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10245003-art-developer-blog:-khyek-design

i think its nice to have a new mode of travel, just as long as it doesn't clog inventory, make fish a bounty item that gets placed in the area where all our bounty items are.

either that or unlock 2 more bag slots and give out a free character bound runic bag to all players, claimable at the reward claims agent by all characters on everyone's account. that way each players character and all their alts have a free runic bag and more bag space. that's the only way i can see this new content possible. making the bags claimable per character across the account so that alts also have a way to survive the fishing. runic bag because their are a ton of different kings of fish.

1) make fish a bounty item so it doesn't clog bag space
    2) increase bag slot max by 2 and give a free claimable runic bag that all out characters on our account can claim
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Good job. I really like to see how you do this things in 3D.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
    edited November 2016
    our main concern right now is bag space. once we get past that we are good for the new content. no one wants to make a trip every 15-30 minutes of grind to sell fish. most would rather not grind at all but at least make it so we can grind for at least an hour, max 3 hours. bag space right now is already bag cause of all the rp we save in our bags on purpose for double rp week, add fish and bags are gonna make an ocean of tears.

my second concern is things khyeks, how fast are they gonna be starting out, and how fast can we make them fully upgraded? since we are getting new abilities once we get on out personal khyek what sort of abilities do you plan on giving us? how do we fight or flight? i think its cool to get new content and a swimming system.

when do you plan on putting in loyal gear, instead of focusing on dungeon key change and improving our loot which is much needed. should loyal gear be implemented in first? the stuff we lost with gateway should take precedent in my opinion. fix the old then make the new. once all the older bugs and older content is fixed up, make new content to arouse us into keep player. well this is all just my opinion though.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

my second concern is things khyeks, how fast are they gonna be starting out, and how fast can we make them fully upgraded? since we are getting new abilities once we get on out personal khyek what sort of abilities do you plan on giving us? how do we fight or flight? i think its cool to get new content and a swimming system.

From playing on the Preview Server a little, I can tell you that the initial khyek is a 50% mount. It is incredibly slow and the map you have to get around is huge. You do get an upgraded model after completing several quests but that only gets you to 80%. I haven't played beyond this, so cannot say if you get a better khyek by completing further quests. Though i would hazard a guess that an epic version will either be one of the items that can be found by tracking down the buried treasure you find after fishing out bottles with maps in them or a Zen shop purchase. I suspect the latter to be the more likely option as Cryptic seem to be looking at every possible way to monetize playing the content. I would almost be willing to take a bet on seeing a Legendary khyek drop from a forthcoming new lockbox.