test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

sw nerfed again?

Comments

• hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I do hope that they want wait another year and a half like they did last time to come back around and adjust this class again. You need a fix fine you have all the data look and see what you have after this fix and correct to make this DPS class in line with the rest. Dont believe that is asking too much.
  • dravendrow76dravendrow76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    i just lay back and enjoy this discussion. Like other time other place GWF/TR/CW/OP/DC/HR/GF section :-)
    The 2 Monster Dps Classes are affraid they wont be any longer??
    Is this game just about Dps?? It seem so if i read all this "Meerschweinchen" (dont blame the Hamster here).

Are you all new to this game?? I often read statements like "in Mod 4/5/6)- so you all should know better.
    The wheel keeps spinning round in NWinter!
    Its allways the same, like:

1. Your class is top DPS in this game?? Dont get used to, it will chance.
    2. You spent AD/Zen to compensate the first nerf and will be strong again.
    3. You can do nothing against the second nerf - all your AD/ZEN are wasted.
    4. Because you are a DPS Junkie you change Class - you spend AD/ZEN to get top DPS.
    5. Go to 1. and repeat again and again.
    6. Dont be affraid. Play what you are - or be a crybaby spend all your ADs and keep the wheel spinning.

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    @dravendrow76
    Good to hear u enjoy it when classes get destroyed.
    And yeah for ppl who dont want to only leach their way through a dungeon dps matters. If i play a dps without dps i am just a burden for my group just like i will never play a hamster heal DC.
    We raise our voice for our class which we love. If you have a problem with that thats sad.
    edited November 2016
    calm down tom. Dont make the Hulkster.
    Never said i enjoy if people are affraid, sad, angry, what ever...
    no need to claim like "leach their way" and "meerschweinchen heal DC".
    Its ok - fight for your right! Stand your ground. Try your best - i wish best of luck, really.
    But be shure!!! Open your eyes.
    Point 1 - 6 will happen again and again and again.
    I wrote this not to provocate!!
    And that is what i enjoy!! If people wonder again and again although they should´ve know better.

Dps Class destroyed??? I remember times CW rule the world. I remember times TR rule the world. Also full heal Dc, or Bubble OP rule the world. Now GWF and SW rule the world.
    So what???
    All classes will rise again sometime somehow.
    Read Point 1- 5 again, think about it, and say its not the truth!
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User

calm down tom. Dont make the Hulkster.
    Never said i enjoy if people are affraid, sad, angry, what ever...
    no need to claim like "leach their way" and "meerschweinchen heal DC".
    Its ok - fight for your right! Stand your ground. Try your best - i wish best of luck, really.
    But be shure!!! Open your eyes.
    Point 1 - 6 will happen again and again and again.
    I wrote this not to provocate!!
    And that is what i enjoy!! If people wonder again and again although they should´ve know better.

Dps Class destroyed??? I remember times CW rule the world. I remember times TR rule the world. Now GWF and SW rule the world.
    So what???
    All classes will rise again sometime somehow.

I agree in the history of the up and down performance of various classes.
    You are right

But it's not right - for class consistency and avoiding ongoing player frustration. This could be avoided by not having these major swings in class performance. All that does is annoy players, and sooner or later it will see a player drop off.
    Before that they will stop spending on the game. The obvious mindset being what's the point of spending money on a class when there are these continual wild adjustments going on?

Consistency. This is what's needed, and has been needed for some time.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    nyghoma said:

First off, "not working as intended", doesn't mean "bug" or "broken". It means over-performing.

Are you sure about that?
    nyghoma said:

Nope, they have too much survivability in combat.

True. I can stand in all red zones in FBI as a GWF and i take no damage at all....

Sry, i want to be that sarcastic, but i think its not helpfull to "fight" against GWFs. Like i said: Im a GWF too. But i dont appreciate that SW fix like it is now. I think a fix for one skill alone is not good and makes this class to weak. I hope they take a closer look after the fix and realize they made a bad decission. But i also think its not helpfull to blame other classes. I play the GWF cuzz i like the style of fighting, not because i wann be the ultimate ultra DPS. I dont care who is number 1 at paingiver ( TBH: Paingiver says nothing about real DPS/Skill/Movement etc...). The only important thing for me is: Dungeon clear, grp played well, loot is worth to run the dungeon ( *dreamin ^^), grp had a lot fun. So i hope the devs do read this thread and i hope they gonna make a good rework when they see that this fix is to strong and makes the SW to weak.

• diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    @dravendrow76

That's not fair, the game isn't " just about dps" but Scourge Warlocks ARE a dps class...

If we were only about dps, we would play another offensive overpowered class and that's all...

The fact is we are pissed off because we really really like playing Scourge Warlock,
    i would not play another class.

I found exactly zero fun playing a GWF so i deleted it to create a DC to help our guild but still i hate playing everything else exept Scourge Warlock.

We just ask that before making stupids decisions without checking the results, they dig a little and consider options...

The good analyse would be
    - state of dps warlock output actually vs other class...
    - check done, seems it's equal with other dps class.
    - We need to fix something (Tt) not working as intentend.
    - ok internal test, result : ouch overall damage isn't good at all...
    - back to tweaking and fill the gap with something else ( it could be cool down or damage on others powers, ect )....

My point is you don't destroy a class then analyse what happen, plain and simple.

Saying we deserve this because they did nerf others class before is just childish with all my respect.
    edited November 2016
    diloul31 said:

Saying we deserve this because they did nerf others class before is just childish with all my respect.

No one said you deserve this.
    and its not childish to tell the truth about a item and zenstore-items selling system.
    If all classes stay the same all time, nobody will spend money to rebuild the class.
    With every change - call it fix, call it nerv - you have to spend AD/Zen to compensate.

If you spend some points in foresight, if you know the system you are not surprised about that. xD

and like i said, i wish you all best of luck!

i dont know much about sw, i know nearly nothing. Thats why i´m out now.
    But this is not a SW-only Problem.

my second post was only because of @tom (friend of mine) understand wrong and made the hulkster^^xD.
    Only to explain my point of view, that noone likes to hear xD

diloul31 said:

Sry, but no one said this. The lamest argument ever is to yell "NERF THAT!" if a class is more powerfull like the others. We are talking about a fix. But a fix like this cant be the final solution. Only a fix like this is to harsh in my opinion.
    But.....TBH: I see some SWs here in this thread claiming that SWs are destroyed after that fix. Theese are the same SWs i saw in many many post posing how OP they are and how fast they can run dungeons and how easy it is to run tia with 5 ppl or edemo with 5 ppl. Sry...and with all my respect: You dont deserve that SWs get maybe destroyed, but i guess you brought the attention to the devs by yourself with these posts..( i call them "good for my ego post" ;) ). Just my 2 cents and no offense. Just saying..

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    diloul31 said:

My point is you don't destroy a class then analyse what happen, plain and simple.

That´s a good point i share 100% :)

diloul31 said:

If all classes stay the same all time, nobody will spend money to rebuild the class.
    With every change - call it fix, call it nerv - you have to spend AD/Zen to compensate.

That´s a point I allways read and it is worn-out imo.
    This company plans to fail and make player ragequit?
    No, they act without thinking in advance about consequences.
    In case they would, they would have scipped that Voninblood massacre, noone wants it as noone wants to run to the fuelstation to refill his armor after running a dungeon.
    In my case, those decisions like now result in a an opposite acting. I stop spending money, I wait see, farm and sell AD like thousnds of player do atm because they lost faith. You can´t get any Zen atm via exchange, guess why. You are desperately wrong i think. And if a class is getting cut into half it´s always interesting to find some player who defend, explain or want other to share their contradicious theorys. I can find them in every thread, but it is not a smart move, having no plan about something and spending not wanted appeasements for free. Sry dude, don´t wonder if you won´t get a warm welcome.
    In my case I gonna switch class, but won´t spend a dime, I have enough classes to have fun with, others don´t.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Actually I think I'm starting to see the bigger picture on what they are up to.

Following feedback about new content being 'relevant' and not a 'walk through' they are reducing DPS and survivability across the board. I suspect the GWF will be next.

When all classes are equally HAMSTER and take increased damage via the EF mechanic (obviously put in to bypass that pesky DR stat) then the game will be harder - or 'more challenging'. It's much easier to bring some down than it is to bring others up.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    armadeonx said:

Actually I think I'm starting to see the bigger picture on what they are up to.

Following feedback about new content being 'relevant' and not a 'walk through' they are reducing DPS and survivability across the board. I suspect the GWF will be next.

When all classes are equally HAMSTER and take increased damage via the EF mechanic (obviously put in to bypass that pesky DR stat) then the game will be harder - or 'more challenging'. It's much easier to bring some down than it is to bring others up.

I also think they tone down everything, that´s what was said month ago.
    They gonna deal with bondings was said also.
    If they deal with the GWF, they also will deal with the DC, the last class wich provides unbeatable buffs and debuffs to a group, let´s wait and see.
    @spideymt
    Hey we did 2 man edemo not 5 ;)

If they would go by that logic gwf would alrdy gotten a huge dps nerf. I think its more that some new dev stumbled across
    The TC bug and wanted to fix it but hasnt had the time to fully understand the class
    edited November 2016
    tom#6998 said:

Hey we did 2 man edemo not 5 ;) />

Nop...it was bethel + add and ofc it should be done with 2 players. I only watched the 3 man edemo run on YT and i still think its terrible to post such things. I even dont understand why this need to be posted..
    P.S. for edemo runs: ( and ofc all "brand new equipp" o:) )
    Theese are the kind of posts ( you know the "ego posts...") what brings attention to the devs. Just saying...
    tom#6998 said:

If they would go by that logic gwf would alrdy gotten a huge dps nerf. I think its more that some new dev stumbled across The TC bug and wanted to fix it but hasnt had the time to fully understand the class

Sry...but if you still try to compare GWFs with SWs...senseless. Why is every SW such an GWF expert, but if a GWF like me tells things about SW its ( i try to recall...) : " You dont know anything about SWs....yadayadaya typical GWF nonsens...GWF Crybabies" etc..?
    Do you really think GWFs never got a huge DPS nerf? I remember very well my first nerf on deep gash and this was not the only one. I loved to play my sentinel back in good ole days and than they nerfed it to hell. Sry, but SWs not the only class who got some damned nerfs.

@spideymt as u mentioned before theres a pm function in game where u can hit me up for stuff like "ego runs" lets keep this On Topic.
    edited November 2016
    Well..to be fair: I wasnt the on who posted duo edemo run. Dont missunderstand me plz: I made some "fancy" runs too with my GWF, but i dont see any need to post such things.
    And i was just saying that is wrong to say GWFs didnt get any nerfs. They did. And it sucked too, believe me that ^^.
    So thx for your offer, but i know all the stuff how you can do things like duo edemo etc. But you are right. This thread is to important to derail it in the wrong way. Lets stay topic.
    I still support SWs like i support every class when Cryp tries to nerf/fix it wrong. I think SWs need all players. So dont blame other classes. You need their support too. You need every support you can get.

I appreciate that thx :)
  • kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @spideymt

No man. What I mean is, what a gwf do? Hidden Daggers, Daring Shout/Battle Fury. They are buffs so you can use WMS (to low boss mitigation) and then SS and Indomitable Strike like there is no tomorrow. You don't need to curse, to place an area spell. You don't have complex mecanisms like some of the other classes. The majority of GWFs I know say the same thing "to play as a gwf is boring". And I have a GWF too, but I can't stand spamming SS/WMS with just one more damaging skill.
    There are a lot of bad GWFs out there, I know it's not just pressing 1 button, there's: items, insignias, the right enchants, blablabla. But it pisses me off how can a class with one or two damaging skills can outdps classes with harder mecanisms to play.

@defiantone99

Everytime someone tells me that I have the same answer. I have utility? OK. BUt the reason I chose SW is because it is a DPS class.
    I don't care if I have heals, buffs or whatever, I'm a Damage Dealer, so I want to be comparable to the other classes.
    I Chose a DPS class, not a UTILITY class, you know?
    This argument is not good "They have no buffs, so they need r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d damage to compensate that they don't give the party 10% power or 5% damage resistance"

They don't have utility? Cool. They have high damage resistance compared to other classes. They can be immune to CC for many seconds in a row. It's really nice when a boss or mob CCs the party, everyone stops dps or lose dps because they have to move away from red area, but the CHAMPION is there facerolling his keyboard against the boss/mob because he's IMMUNE for a lot of seconds.

I know it doesn't give immunity to EVERYTHING but still gives immunity to a loooot of things.
    The example about how they want to be gods. Once I was running tiamat with a gwf friend. When tiamat shouted he yelled "what the f... I'm a berserker, I'm supposed to be immune to that shout". I just said "Yes, man. You are supposed to be immune to a roar from a GODDESS"

No more @s.
    Again, I don't care being outdpsed by a class if it is a 5-10% difference. But to be outdpsed by DOUBLE damage because the other class doesn't have utility buffs? Thats not a resonably argument.
    And now they can't deal double my damage because of TC. we can do the same damage. Nice....oh no, wait, it's a bug. I'm a bad player, the only reason I'm comparable to them it's because my daily is bugged.
    Cool. Just rework SW so we can do decent dps without relying on bugged skills
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
    Pls stop with the GWF bashing this thread is about SW.
    What we need is feedback, numbers on how this change will affect us and possible solutions. Maybe some tears and a little rant about dev decisions :wink:
    this shouldnt be about nerfing gwfs pls
    tom#6998 said:

Pls stop with the GWF bashing this thread is about SW.

What we need is feedback, numbers on how this change will affect us and possible solutions. Maybe some tears and a little rant about dev decisions :wink:

this shouldnt be about nerfing gwfs pls

You're right, man. Anyway, I did some tests 5 days ago on live and preview, but I suck using ACT. 2 days ago Fernu and I went to the preview and live to test the changes. He has the logs and he said he's going to post results here, so I'm waiting.
    The day I learn how to use ACT properly I'll do my own testing and posting hahaha.

Anyway. IIRC (can't say for sure) my effectiveness on preview was 117% and on live was 178%.
    I know a dummy is not the perfect one to test dps but, ON LIVE at 0-1% health with TC my Killing Flames hit it for 1.3M.
    490k without TC. ON PREVIEW that max hit I could afford was 500kish with and without TC, so...

I'll wait for Fernu's logs because again, I s-u-c-k using ACT lol
  • metalraro#7399 metalraro Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    delete the class.
    create an item to exchange class and their equipment. (dps want to be dps so transformed into gwf)
    After that, remove the sw class character creation.
    or legal proceedings to recover the money invested back
    easy

Gwfwinter.

emilemo said:

A DPS class loses dps, a tank class loses tanking. Perhaps they are preparing the field for the next class/

They will keep doing that until gwf can out tank ops and gfs and outdps the rest dd classes together by x20 times, gwfwinter. While they are at it they could make the gwf the best healer and buffer as well with some feat and power changes. Gwfwinter.

correct, the game of a class only
    GWFWinter
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    First of all, you guys need to stop aiming your frustration towards another class like in this case the GWF, because in the future it won't be that one, it will be the HR then the CW, maybe GF or even a new class etc and this is a cycle that everyone must break. I have seen this since several mods ago, everyone complaining about what others can do or not and begging for buffs or nerfs in order to get a playable class or at least that it doesn't suck so much. This is one of the problems, this is one of the reasons why the game is in such state. You should focus in the main issue: the fact that the devs have keep applying buffs/nerfs/fixes by parts. Something gets fixed/nerfed, etc in mod A then it gets a compensation in Mod B, that's simply wrong. If they are going to touch any class, they have to analyze the whole picture, see the impact of a specific fix and start applying a solution immediately.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Just seems like a normal cycle in this game .What goes up must come down. They seem to be at a place to nerf at this time. Then when they have finished nerfing every class they will sell to people the items to put them back up . F2P after all... HB Fury I will survive.
    @defiantone99

I heard about the soul puppet thing few mods ago. I'm a new player, I play since July 23rd, but I'm a very dedicated player and I'm now amongst the hdps warlocks. So, I can't talk about the previous buffs and nerfs to SW.
    But to say TC + owlbear is easy mod? I bought an owlbear 1 week ago, and even without it I can compete with any class. I had really good dps without the owlbear. It's 17% of my damage. So let's say FBI run, 500M damage...its pretty much something around 85M of that. It's not what makes me a high dps. 425M damage in FBI is still pretty good and the majority of the damage.
    I know I'm a good player, I don't rely on TC bug, I just want something in return to make us a decent dps class. Because TC was what was making us comparable to the other dps classes.
    It's not my fault that without Tyrannical Curse bug my class is weak, I'ts devs' fault.

First of all, you guys need to stop aiming your frustration towards another class like in this case the GWF, because in the future it won't be that one, it will be the HR then the CW, maybe GF or even a new class etc and this is a cycle that everyone must break. I have seen this since several mods ago, everyone complaining about what others can do or not and begging for buffs or nerfs in order to get a playable class or at least that it doesn't suck so much. This is one of the problems, this is one of the reasons why the game is in such state. You should focus in the main issue: the fact that the devs have keep applying buffs/nerfs/fixes by parts. Something gets fixed/nerfed, etc in mod A then it gets a compensation in Mod B, that's simply wrong. If they are going to touch any class, they have to analyze the whole picture, see the impact of a specific fix and start applying a solution immediately.

ok, pero , nerf all class, but gfw, untouchable.
    We do not want be conducted in dgs
    We want to be useful.
    If that happen.
    Reason to sw
    In pt?