test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for help Tank Build post Mod 10

swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
I have been playing a tank OP for quite a while now. I was thinking about a GF tank for an alt and also just for something different. After mod 10, are the builds on MMO Minds (rockstar, fatmushroom, et.al.) still viable? I really have no idea if the are or aren't so I thought I would ask the experts. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    swapilot said:

I have been playing a tank OP for quite a while now. I was thinking about a GF tank for an alt and also just for something different. After mod 10, are the builds on MMO Minds (rockstar, fatmushroom, et.al.) still viable? I really have no idea if the are or aren't so I thought I would ask the experts. Thanks in advance.

I'm a PC player, Swordmaster Tactician for your information.

Many of the older guides make mention of stacking Defense or standing in Hallowed Ground/Astral Shield for a massive Into the Fray boost. That no longer works, as ITF was patched in Mod10 so it gives a fixed (at Rank4) 35% damage bonus (technically 36.5% damage bonus if you have the Tactician Feat for it)

Rockstar's Protector Build was oriented for XBOX, last I checked. His build should be fine, although you should be warned that the Protector capstone is confirmed to be bugged and doesn't work (on PC, at least.)

EDIT: Link to Protector Capstone being bugged

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/558320/gf-bug-protector-tree-cap-stone-iron-guard?sso=eyJuYW1lIjoiIiwicGhvdG91cmwiOiIiLCJjbGllbnRfaWQiOiIxNDQzOTY4OTgxIn0=+187cff877650881d6294b95a0ec2ba5407b5e7d5+1477357622+hmacsha1

atshroom's is for Mod8 and its age shows. Obviously, he talks about Def stacking for the huge ITF bonus. He also doesn't cover any of the new gear such as the Relic armor (which is admittedly useless), so you may have to consider things like that when reading the Fatshroom build. Otherwise, Fatshroom's build works fairly well in Mod10.

If you can find Barthos (can't remember his at handle, Barthos man, don't kill me) or a post from him, you can find an Iron Vanguard Tactician guide in his signature, up to date for Mod10.

(I really need to speed up the progress of my Tactician Swordmaster guide...)

• speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    yes, very nice info at: http://nwobarthos.com/

While I feel it misses out on some of the fine details, Barthos at least provides a nice overview of the class, mechanics, powers.
  • swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Thanks for the inputs and the link, they really help.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I don´t follow any of these builds because outdated and to some degre special, I did not find one good, actual GF build lately, but I stopped month ago because it is no big mystery what to do and depends on what you want to do with your GF.
    Tank endcontent or Tank the rest and deal solid damage, or run a pure dps spec. and be a poor tank.
    DPS/tank or Buff/tank-->Conquerer or tactition.
    DR 80% cap, 95% if you take into account that mobs do have RI, allways scipped that point but seems to be important.
    Paragon: both available, I prefer Swordmaster--> Steel grace, WMS and others

Build can be posted, but it is also GEARDEPENDANT, bondings rank 12 or not etc.
    So in the beginning you might want to level fast deal more damage and take a conquerer spec to speed things up.
    Later at lev 70 you might want to run some dungeons successfully and be a good tank at low IL so you might go this way:
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/gf?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1lix300:1000000:15u0000:1uu0z51&h=0&p=smr&o=0

Later with some gear (that´s what I run). Surging Tide could be scipped for anyting like crushing pin (esp. if you are heading for guarded assault+offhand feat) or rousing speech :
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/gf?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1fi356i:15u5000:1000000:1uu0z51&h=0&p=smr&o=0

Boons are selfdeclaring and depends on what you need/geardependant.

Stats: DR (till cap) > HP > deflect/LS..i would go with lifesteal tbh.

Race: dragonborn , human , dwarf , halfling..what you like

Some good Companions:
    Damagedebuffs (mob): rust monster up to 15% debuff, chicken 10% debuff on >25% hit,
    Aoe resist (you): Leprechaun 10%
    Selfheal: bearcup at epic
    CC resist (you): Sylph 50% cc resist, Willowisp 25% CC resist/15% cc bonus
    DR debuff (mob): dancing shield 20% for hole group as active one or rustmonster as active one for 8% damagedebuff (mob), 5% DR debuff

Artifacts like Wheel of elements, GWF-sigil, barbarian horn or what it´s called, to buff your HP

CLassfeature: I like enhanced mark+ offhand feat because it´s a nobrainer getting all threat at once and it marks up to ten targets leading to a consistent 5% DR debuff immidiately, combined with features like combat superiority/Steel grace/shield talent...definitely depends on gear and situational what to use.

Most run guarded assault + offhand feat , wich spends:
    1. selfheal from reflected damage, so you heal up by simply blocking (LS needed therefor)
    2. 10% DR debuff to blocked mobs for 3 seconds, in case you took crushing pin
    3. Threat by dealing damage
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    edited October 2016
  • sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    @schietindebux without 'Crushing Pin' ? <( ;-; <)
    edited November 2016

CLassfeature: I like enhanced mark+ offhand feat because it´s a nobrainer getting all threat at once and it marks up to ten targets leading to a consistent 5% DR debuff immidiately, combined with features like combat superiority/Steel grace/shield talent...definitely depends on gear and situational what to use.

Most run guarded assault + offhand feat , wich spends:
    1. selfheal from reflected damage, so you heal up by simply blocking (LS needed therefor)
    2. 10% DR debuff to blocked mobs for 3 seconds, in case you took crushing pin
    3. Threat by dealing damage

that´s what I wrote above, clearing trash that way is faster using mark+offhand imo.
    It´s a 5% DR debuff vs a 10% DR debuff wich is applied by blocking.

You can skip surging tide and take crushing pin. I pretty much like enhanced mark --> easy mob control, no aggro ping pong, mark applied at once to ten mobs all getting debuffed with 5%.