test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Paladin PvE damage/buff/tank guide

Comments

• krit#7865 krit Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Can I ask a question about the encounters.

Every OP build I read uses Burning Light however in my exprience the damage seems minimal compared to that of Relentless Avenger. Mobs don't usually last long enough to see the benifit of the 4 ticks of damage.. will this change as .I stats improve or when the content becomes a little more challenging (I'm only level 63 at the moment)

Thanks
  • slappdanielslappdaniel Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    krit#7865 said:

Can I ask a question about the encounters.

Every OP build I read uses Burning Light however in my exprience the damage seems minimal compared to that of Relentless Avenger. Mobs don't usually last long enough to see the benifit of the 4 ticks of damage.. will this change as .I stats improve or when the content becomes a little more challenging (I'm only level 63 at the moment)

Thanks

Relentless Avenger sucks because you knock enemys away. Most OPs use Burning light because of Owlbear Cub (the bonus applies to each tick). With my build and no Owlbear Cub you have to use it smart. You need to decide if its worth charging or just tab it to get the Action Points.
    edited September 2016
    *update: small change in feats. 2 points from Impassioned Pleas to Toughness. Change Attribute Points from wisdom in constitution. updated screenshots for feats, stats, attributes and companions. added screenshot to showcase possible damage in fbi.
  • omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Thank you for the updates Slappdaniel :)
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • souldevourer#6754 souldevourer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    How about your armour reinforce, what did you put on your body pieces ?

How about your armour reinforce, what did you put on your body pieces ?

200 Power
    *update: new artifact. symbol of air instead of black ice beholder
    bump
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    With the upcoming changes to BO and the changes to DP will you be slotting absolution? And also will you be making any adjustments to your build? @slappdaniel

With the upcoming changes to BO and the changes to DP will you be slotting absolution? And also will you be making any adjustments to your build? @slappdaniel

no adjustments needed from my side. BO is still good. there are very few situations where you really need DP. i am interested in 50% more damage on sacred weapon. maybe its worth a slot now. gonna test that as soon as new patch goes live. i also wish they would increase the damage on at least one of the following at will powers. valorous strike, oath strike or shielding strike.
  • maisdudemaisdude Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Very nice build @Slappdaniel, I am using your build as a guide to know what I am going to be shooting for. Thank you for sharing. I do have a question that is a little "off-topic" of the build, but I am wondering what that bar is under your power tray that extends the whole length of the screen with all the potions, powers, and other items. I included a picture of the bar I'm talking about below for clarity. Point being, I want that! Look forward to finding out how I can get that bar. Thanks in advance!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic" alt="" />
    maisdude said:

Very nice build @Slappdaniel, I am using your build as a guide to know what I am going to be shooting for. Thank you for sharing. I do have a question that is a little "off-topic" of the build, but I am wondering what that bar is under your power tray that extends the whole length of the screen with all the potions, powers, and other items. I included a picture of the bar I'm talking about below for clarity. Point being, I want that! Look forward to finding out how I can get that bar. Thanks in advance!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic" alt="" />

/bind "key" genaddwindow hud_traybox_allpowers
    /bind "key" genremovewindow hud_traybox_allpowers

you can move skills from this bar by holding right mouse button and replace your skills in or before a fight.
    Slapp, you are officially my new hero! Thank you for the lesson on making that toolbar, it really streamlines the ability to swap out powers when necessary. I swear - one final question though, is it possible to rearrange the locations of the powers in the bar or is it just stuck wherever they are now? Even if they are stuck where they are, it is a tremendous asset as is. I will no longer thread jack you about this topic, just am pretty bucked up about it right now! :) Thanks again for your prompt answer and excellent instructions to get that done. I love it!
    maisdude said:

Slapp, you are officially my new hero! Thank you for the lesson on making that toolbar, it really streamlines the ability to swap out powers when necessary. I swear - one final question though, is it possible to rearrange the locations of the powers in the bar or is it just stuck wherever they are now? Even if they are stuck where they are, it is a tremendous asset as is. I will no longer thread jack you about this topic, just am pretty bucked up about it right now! :) Thanks again for your prompt answer and excellent instructions to get that done. I love it!

no problem, iam happy to help. sadly you cant change alot in this bar (ty craptic :disappointed: ). its a bit tricky but its possible to rearrange the symbols like you see in my screen, so the powers move more to the middle. you need to get rid of all the buffood in your bags (send them to yourself per post) so the symbols with your powers move more to the middle right bellow your normal skillbar.
    That's what I was thinking. And again, thank you very much for the help and quick responses. Very much appreciated Slapp.

Back on topic though, I have only really played my Devoted Cleric prior to making this Paladin and so far using this as a reference and guide I am having lots of fun with it so far. I've been playing since beta but haven't been able to play for last 3 or 4 years so the guide is helping alot and for that, I thank you.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    All the class guilds for this game read the same, namely get bis gear.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    emilemo said:

thats probably true for every game that has a concept like nw. but then again guides are not there to copy/paste them. you can get alot of usefull information tho and an idea where you can be or wanna be in the future. especially in nw you need alot of information to save money and/or time.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

emilemo said:

thats probably true for every game that has a concept like nw. but then again guides are not there to copy/paste them. you can get alot of usefull information tho and an idea where you can be or wanna be in the future. especially in nw you need alot of information to save money and/or time.
    If a build is suggesting non BiS gear, it is a bad build anyhow :p
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    @slappdaniel are you running the restoration relic set or the ward relic set? It is listed in German and unfortunately I can't interpret it.....Thx for your build and all of the information you have provided here.

@slappdaniel are you running the restoration relic set or the ward relic set? It is listed in German and unfortunately I can't interpret it.....Thx for your build and all of the information you have provided here.

all pieces restoration
  • superjellybabysuperjellybaby Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    This guide is working perfectly but I'm curious what 5 mount bonuses you recommend for this build. I have a large supply of mounts including legendary's so I'm open to any choices.

This guide is working perfectly but I'm curious what 5 mount bonuses you recommend for this build. I have a large supply of mounts including legendary's so I'm open to any choices.

Mount bonuses and Insignia: Protector's Camaraderie, Artificer's Persuasion, Cavalry's Warning, Gladiator's Guile and Protector's Friendship. Most Insignia are Power/Companion Influence, Crit/Combat Advantage, Hit Points.
    edited February 2017
    bump. probably gonna update the guide a bit over the next days.
    :) thanks for the heads up @slappdaniel , will keep checking this thread.

Update: Screenshots with new Gear and stats, new summoned Companion and new Gear on Companion, new mount Insignia Bonus: Shepherd's Devotion instead of Protector's Friendship, New Encounter Power: Sacred Weapon, With BiS gear all Enchantments should be Radiant, Screenshot for fun fangbreaker run, Alot of Text Updates.
    thanks for the update, much appreciated sir :)
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Update: Screenshots with new Gear and stats, new summoned Companion and new Gear on Companion, new mount Insignia Bonus: Shepherd's Devotion instead of Protector's Friendship, New Encounter Power: Sacred Weapon, With BiS gear all Enchantments should be Radiant, Screenshot for fun fangbreaker run, Alot of Text Updates.

Yo Draco, something I wanted to ask:

You said the build's BiS enchants is full Radiants, which I get.

But since your build needs some Crit, do you put the Crit in your Comp's offensive slots? Or do you just use the Loyal Avenger Gear and call it a day?

(I'm not planning to build my Pally for deeps like yours is, I just want to make sure my TW does good damage so I don't die).

And also... which, if any, of Snoo's characters DOESN'T deal good damage?

(you don't actually need to answer that question unless you know, and I'm probably going to get a PM/mail from Sharp saying "git gud".)

• thrilk#9892 thrilk Member Posts: 56 Arc User

What made you switch to the Air Archon?

I am basing my current build off of yours in a large part. I am only 3.1k though so I have to do things a bit differently. I am curious how you get by without using TW in boss fights? TW is currently my most important survival power. I am using Dread instead of Vorpal so I can maximize my TW damage. I plan to switch to Vorpal when I get a much higher IL. But I can't imagine doing boss fights without TW. What is your strategy? Does Divine Protector work that well now? I haven't used it since we got the pally changes (I am on console).
    edited February 2017

thanks for the update, much appreciated sir :)

you're welcome ;)
    rjc9000 said:

Yo Draco, something I wanted to ask:

You said the build's BiS enchants is full Radiants, which I get.

But since your build needs some Crit, do you put the Crit in your Comp's offensive slots? Or do you just use the Loyal Avenger Gear and call it a day?

(I'm not planning to build my Pally for deeps like yours is, I just want to make sure my TW does good damage so I don't die).

And also... which, if any, of Snoo's characters DOESN'T deal good damage?

(you don't actually need to answer that question unless you know, and I'm probably going to get a PM/mail from Sharp saying "git gud".)
    yeah i use azure and brutal rank 12 in offense slots on companion, so i reach 100% crit. the power you get from your companion isnt shared through aura gift, so you dont lose any buffing potential.

well compared to his damage chars snoo's dc is a pretty weak hitter xD.

What made you switch to the Air Archon?

I am basing my current build off of yours in a large part. I am only 3.1k though so I have to do things a bit differently. I am curious how you get by without using TW in boss fights? TW is currently my most important survival power. I am using Dread instead of Vorpal so I can maximize my TW damage. I plan to switch to Vorpal when I get a much higher IL. But I can't imagine doing boss fights without TW. What is your strategy? Does Divine Protector work that well now? I haven't used it since we got the pally changes (I am on console).
    its easier to keep him in range for aura gift, since aura gift also buffs your companion which gives you more power through bondings. i dont need tw cause i have the legendary lion which gives you a temp shield. also aa is currently broken so even without the lion you shouldnt need tw for bosses (thats only possible tho if your dc is good). I never use Divine Protector since Divine Judgement is just to good. Divine Judgement is the main damage source for this build.
  • thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    Thanks for the response. Since the Lion mount or a good AA spam is important to survivability I think I will have to keep TW for the time being. My typical encounters are CoP, TW, and Smite. I sometimes use Bane but it feels like casting it is much clunkier now. I don't seem to keep it fully stacked as I should.

I currently use the Lion companion and was thinking of going to the Fire Archon, but I never considered the Aura Gifts issue. What do you think about the Lion companion?