test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I just reached level 70. I was given 4 shards of flaming enchantment shards I accidentally used one

Can I get another flaming enchantment shard, and where
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016 Answer ✓
    Most shards drop in Epic Dungeons. There's three that don't (Elven Battle from Celedaine, Feytouched from The Witch Fen, and Terror from Garlroot Cave), and and are obtainable from one of the three Sharandar Campaign Lairs which drop one in the final Campaign Chest.

There's some Armor/Weapon Enchants that do not have "Shard" versions. Plague Fire (Nightmare Lockbox) and Bronzewood (Feywild & Dark Forest Lockbox) only come from Lockboxes. The Loamweave Enchantment comes from the Knight of the Feywild Pack (currently not available on the PS4) and the Brilliant Energy Enchantment comes from the Hero of the North Pack. I probably forgot one or more but that pretty much covers it.

As hinted at by @mossy#5930, you'll want to use a Coalescent Ward when combining 4 Shards, as Shards are always only a 1% chance at upgrading and when you fail to upgrade, one Shard will be consumed. Preservation Wards will just keep you from loosing a Shard on a failed attempt but unless Tymora loves you, you'll probably eat through all your Preservation Wards. Using a Coalescent Ward will make the success chance 100%.

Answers

• Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Auction house....that's all you can do I think, be sure to use preservation wards when you upgrade the shards to a gem. The refinement chance is 1%
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    lesser flaming enchantments are going for 95K in the AH, less than 1/5 the cost of a coal ward at 520K
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Also, lockboxes can drop one type of weapon and armor enchantment. This means whichever the current lockbox are dropping, they will be relatively cheap in the AH. The current flavors are Plaguefire and Bronzewood.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    zebular said:

Most shards drop in Epic Dungeons.

This is not correct, since mod6 or so, shards are bought via the seals vendor and are not a drop. Except shadowclad in CN.

In any case, do not use p-wards and/or shards to make a lesser, as most of the enchantments (except very few like, Holy Avanger, Briertwine) were a lockbox or zen pack drop, that made the normal / lesser version considerably cheaper than making them by yourself.

For the OP: you can just use the shards as RP. They are more or less useless.