test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An FBI run ,single tank,classic composition (tank-healer-DPS)

hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
Hi,in a few days the fellow console players will be able to run FBI.

I post this video so people from consoles can have an approximately idea how it will be it by running it as single tank-GF.
In pc,FBI is run by less and less people as time passing by.

And still there are things that trouble me.
Especially the giants red aoes.I can't figure how to block them,before the center of circle=damage +prone.After the center of circle=damagr and proned :/

So any advice welcomed.

This was not my best run ,but as said i will run it less and less so i don't know if i ever record again a better run.

The party composition was classic one healer one tank 3 DPS.No old sets or what ever ,anything cheesy in pc is patched.(except owlbear procs for a spesific class and build-head to the "other" forum for additional info,i know nothing ;P )

Sorry for the low resolution but blame Play TV and raptr.
Sorry for the music aswell,i could not remove it afterwards :/

Greetings to all GF community! \o/ :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zy4rFjol7I

Comments

• indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    So rust monster is an 8% debuff or 5%?
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    :P ;P ;P :P

Active bonus is -5% damage taken,stacking up 3 times.
    Summoned bonus is .after it hits with hypercorrosion(rank30 power) : -8% damage taken from afflicted target + 5% damage on afflicted target ,for all party
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    Hey @hypervoreian ,

Have you thought of using Seldarine set? Whenever I'm running KV I tend to use that set as an additional way to mitigate damage... since it's reactive and as far as I can tell... has no internal CD. I also run blacksmith for a little extra dps vs counter damage. I figure it helps hold threat on mobs I'm not actively hitting with my attacks... but are hitting my KV.

I see you are using Fey... so that is good on Weapon Enchant.

I might suggest also using Guarded Assault. I assume you've got a decent lifesteal % and that will also help keep you upright during the initial pull of the pack.

I would also run Sigil of Devotion if able. So you can ensure full AP for Steel Defense at the start of ever pull.

Granted I've been building up my gear options for a while and I know not everyone has access to multiple refined Artifact sets and Artifacts.

Also ensure you are running Stronghold food for extra Hps / stats.

I assume you are Tac? With all the Loyal Defender Gear, etc... I suspect you are well over 80% DR.

Are you also running Azure's on Defensive Slots on Gear? Your Hps seem a bit low for 32 Con.

I might suggest you switch to Radiants on Gear Defensive slots to get up to 170+ hps. That extra 17kish hps are likely more valuable than the extra 4200 defense.

I've never seen a calculation of how much defense = extra AP again via Tac Capstone... example 10% DR = 2.5 % AP gain.. etc... (made up #'s btw)

I have tanked it as Conqueror wearing a less more defensive gear set with decent success. I definitely also died, but I feel like I was taking less huge damage spikes. After watching the video, it seems like you would go from full to zero/ near zero often. ( Without watching frame by frame... I assume this is when Steel Defense dropped).

I also run with a Healadin + DPS Buff/Debuff DC... with Healadin's primary responsibility for healing and using Shield of Faith often.

This is my preferred set up over the more classic OP Tank + Tac GF off tank. I feel like Healadin healing is more proactive and constant vs. DC healing. That way the DC just has to hurt the mobs... vs trying to heal ppl running around in chaotic ways...

Healadins are usually study enough to stand up to some mobs for a little bit... if you go down and a DPS picks you up.

Again... I know people may have limited options when it comes to group composition.. there aren't that many healadins out there... generally they aren't desired by most ppl over a DC.

10.5 is more of the same type of content... so just a few points you might want to consider.

Thanks,

Forge.
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
    edited October 2016
    Hey Forge o/

About Seldarine set,I agree it is a good one,and I would like to wear it.Problem is I am Conq not tact,so I don't have the AP gain demanded for endgame tanking,except if I wear Greater belt of Constitution.So I cannot swap.
    But I agree,a tact with Lath set ,would have equal Ap gain or a little bit higher than a Conq with GPBConstitution ,plus the heals.

I was using Trans bronze for whole mods,while its rank12 effect was bugged.Send tickets nothing.Switched to T Fey since mid mod7,T bronze got fixed in mod9 lol :P /o\

I am not a fun of guarded assault,it returns small-medium ammounts if heals ,problem in FBI is the giants ,are the giants and the one shots through prones ,and melee teamates taking huge damage spikes by standing in the AoEs.

I think Shield talent beats it in utility ,cause it gives you freedom not to micromanage your guard,so you are free to look into other things.
    I will also say that this is my personal preference and i have not tested GA thouroughly:So it might be better.But you cannot teach an old dog new tricks:Played so long with shield talent slotted ,that I might have problem to adapt.

Sigil of devotion is good ,but this would also make me micromanage its cooldown, and time of activation.With G.plated band of Constitution my Ap is filled after 2-5 hits.
    I use BloodCrystal instead,I think it is the best heal arti in the game.At least its burst heal potential.It fits my playstyle,i don't even think of arti management except when i see SF proc ,I use it and then I have 3-4 secs during BloodCrystal shield fading away,to gain healing by Boons proccing,Insignia bonuses,potion,and Lifesteal.

I also have other myth artis ,but useless ones :/ in pve:trickster sigil,GWf sigil,and lantern of revelation.Or at lest they cannot beat my current ones in filling holes in my stat distribution.

I always forger to use the Sh food,not enough space in my inv anyway :/
    i use the event potion from Portobellos campain for the extra Ap instead.

As said I am Conq,my raw DR is 38% ,82% with bondings,87 or 89% with prot camaderie.As you said my comp has all azures so my HP are around 145-147k.
    It would be better to use the dusk set ,but i payed over 2milions in lanolins to complete the full relic set,and I want to enjoy it:
    But yes,Dusk set would give me exrta DR.

I thought of equipping my comp with Cruels instead and move the azures to my char:It does not work ,Cruel R12 at least is bugged on comps ,you get only the defense part and not the deflect one.So my brilliant :P theorycrafting idea failed from the start.

I will disagree on the radiant proposals.extra 17k or 30k hp even make no difference in FBI hits.But more Defense /Deflect and LS will do.It is personal preference here aswell,but in this I am more clear in my opinion:I think the widespread opinion that extra HP ,beyond a point,(150k hp)do not help.
    At least in the concept that i put in:
    A more balanced approach with a balanced combo of Def/Defl/LS over a homogenous amount of HP.

As for tacts,I have no idea.Not a clue.The tooltip is extremely vague and there is no reliable way to test how much Ap gain you take from taking hits "based upon a percentage of your DR".

I tried to make an alt Gf tact to test it.But the thing was killing so slowly in 2,5k Il,and i could no run Dr/Shar lairs so i switched to conq :/

Most deaths in that video is from Kv and the KV+SF+ 1 party member death bug.Except the first death when i was mispositioned and got hit from behind .The others I would die cause of the 2 GWFs taking huge damage by facing the giants or caught in aoes.

But I like running with multiple GWFs ,the whole chaotic situation of toons running around sprinting ,tried to avoid ,entering battle again ,swarming going of ,going in,is one of the pleasures of NW action gameplay.I am honest i like the whole mess ,running with ranged DPS is boring for me :P

I am very very very interested in your results with running with a healadin:You see my guild and the alliance we are both members,has a luck of DCs.My guild has over 4 , 3,5k + IL GFs and none FBI requirements fulfilled, (EF etc) DC.So I am gearing a healadin alt ,in the vain hope of to be viable as healer in FBi.And I ask:
    What are your conclusions?Can a healadin be viable?And in what IL?Mine will barely scratch the 3,1k mark if i swap R10s and P.Vorpal from my Tr.I can not spend more on this alt.I want to know if this grind will be in vain.(I fear and feel that already is)

Thanks for your response and sorry for the long response of mine

Nyriel,Goofy Fighter(GF) of Farm Club :P o/

Post edited by hypervoreian on
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    sadus671 said:

Hey @hypervoreian ,

I've never seen a calculation of how much defense = extra AP again via Tac Capstone... example 10% DR = 2.5 % AP gain.. etc... (made up #'s btw)

Take note this is not an actual test of the AP gain. (but rather a demonstration of how you could test it.)

Open up ACT, go to Power Replenished. This measures AP gain. If you then right click on the damage value and select action in view logs, it gives you the exact AP gain, down to 4 decimal places. You could then vary your defense incrementally, repeat the test over and over again with different defense values and eventually work out how much AP gain you were receiving.

The "damage value" for power replenished is your AP gain*10, so divide that by 10 to get the percentage.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    I run a Tactition at 3.2+ IL, 142k HP, using SH food+ potion of heroism I get up to 164k HP in party. Using 2x Dragonflight 2x Dusk.
    My Boons are not maxed, my companion wears rank 10 since I have to refine Silveries and Darks to 12. I get to 23% Deflect and only13% LS solo. I prefer LS > Deflect using Darks in my companion, since buffer clerics do not heal that much these days. I intend to get those ToD boons soon.
    I lifted my DR value lately up to 95% with bondingsprocs after reading, that mobs do have Resistance Ignored...never cared about that. I do feal a better performance doing so.
    My damage is ok as a Tactition, but definitely good enough to farm comfortable through all areas, I specced 15 points in to conquerer to get wrathfull warrior and jagged blades.
    I use that dancing shield for that unbeatable 20% debuff.
    But I definitely prefer an AP cleric, it´s better mitigation, wich prevents you from getting onehittet and it´s way faster.
    I know that Healadins can also do a good job, the runs are more stable/controlled, but the buffs towards the group are not that crazy good as DC´s.
    Mitigation: Annoited Army, Devine Glow, Blessing of battle, Breaking the spirit, have faith ... if the cleric does a good job I do not need to use block vs. Orcus.
    DPS: Breaking the spirit , Devine glow, hastenig light, Annoited Army, weapon of light, bear your sins condemning gaze, Gift of Haste, battle fervor
    How can a Pally stand against this ?

Those giants are really annoying. I think in case you block in front of the center of that AoE you do not get proned...
    A good strategy is also to slot Gladiators guile, Steel grace and that "Chicken" I bought lately, so I can step outside that aoe easily by blocking with high movent just avoiding some hits and Aoe.
    Using Enforced Threat + enhanced mark with offhand feat (5% DR debuff) spends huge ammounts off aggro, making things far easier to control the mobs...but I also die a lot running uphill, esp. when everything has to go fast.

Maybe I can check that AP gain, switching between DR boon and LS boon.
    Hi Quallo.

Using heroism and food gives you so much HP? I do not search the buff food/potions thouroughly i just use wahtever I find/stock.
    But the combo you mentioned seems really nice,I will definitely give it a try.

I know Dcs are far away superior to healadins,yet Dev OP community is silent,and does not participate in the evolvement of the class.
    OPs are main Prots ,few healadins around ,and Heal Ops are always in the dust.
    Anyway my Heal OP is somewhat geared (loyal gear bound) while my DC is a total scrub,so I have to gear/grind the healadin.
    My plans are to buy a rust monster with the trade bar discount ,and equip it with loyal gear and azures.
    Bane + Circle +Bond. divinity slotted and recharge aura. feated to increas aura radious.work in progress ,it might suck completely but i have to try.or at least that's what I intent to do now.

As for the giants prone ,I tested it in cold run vs the many giants.Blocking before the center of the AoE circle,definitelly gets you proned.Or at least in trhe cases i tried.Maybe the whole attack is bugged and just ignores Block CC immunity I don't know.
    Before you get proned ,after you get proned.The only time i was not proned ,was when i was near the edges of the circle.Strange.
    In any case safer to stay out of the aoe completely.

The thing you said about Steel Grace ,you are correct,fighting uphill there is no need for extra Block pool.So I can unslot STalent for that phase and slot it again for Hati and afterwards.
    edited October 2016
    Not sure about that food, only recognized my HP, it´s 143k in PE. Eating heroism plus Caprese it is 157k. Interestingly Caprese spends the more HP , the more base HP you have, so my warlock will get about 4k+ and when I read the tooltip with my GF its 6300+. No clue why, in the end I am at 157k HP standing PE solo. :)
    Chicken on top is crazy, the movementbuff is 40% on top and even blocking you can run arround those giants and spam enfoced threat.
    If I would take that setbonus from frostbornarmor (4000 Movement) on top it might be overdone, esp having a warlock in group that took dark revelry as feat. That way I might run over the cliff all time

About those giants, yes you have to be more at the edge of that AoE, heading towards the center to not get proned, simply bad designed imo
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    I know with the new Steel Grace, ItF and some Darks I routinely overrun my target if there's any lag at all. I haven't done FBI yet but you're scaring me talking about cliffs lol
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Sharp for the testing methodology.

Maybe I'll role up a Tac Alt GF and just use Strong Hold Boon for some testing... assuming it's a linear value.

My thoughts again on the DC vs. Healadin... is that they aren't mutually exclusive. This is also my "ideal" situation to have both a DC & Healadin... DC just gets to concentrate more on DPS, Buff, & Debuff... as another poster said... DC's don't seem to heal that much these days anyways.

I don't believe that DC and Healadin buffs/debuffs are overlapping with each other (if DC casts X... then Healadin buff/debuff.. doesn't work... etc) @thefabricant , Sharp maybe you can check me here. So in my mind.. you are just further buffing the group and debuffing the mobs. I know many DPS DC's that offer all the Buffing/Debuffing and still contribute significant DPS... I say.. leave the healing to the Healadin.

You can also have a Prod OP, but I don't feel like they have as much to offer and undermines your value as a Tank. (Call me vain...)

I've not run it where I wasn't the tank... so I can see how the dynamic of both an OP and GF can double reduce damage via OP dailies and KV, but again.. only one of us can tank the bosses... so to have two tanks for trash.. seems.. excessive and I think a healadin can offer everything + more than the Protection OP.

Healadins are not DC squishy (OP will tend to have larger HP pool and higher DR) and in many ways can act like an secondary tank during trash clearing.... also emergency tank.. should the primary tank go down. I know DC's can keep themselves alive pretty well.. but that's more through self healing.. and don't really have the capability to emergency tank.
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
    edited October 2016
    Can´t say how to interpret this. Visiting Baphomet I let him deal 400k Damage, being passive myself, using different DR at
    66%-79%-95%-99%+TNegation

Here are the damage sheets
    66%
    79%
    95%
    99% plus T Negation at 10 stacks

Here is the power replenishement
    66%
    79%
    95%
    99% plus T Negation at 10 stacks

Maybe a bad testing area. IN the sum I can´t see a significant bonus for DR, maybe useless to stack to have better powerreplenish ?

Hey Forge,

i agree on your thoughts concerning heal OPs ,I will also add then the Healadin must be defensively specced in order to survive.At least in FBI and in some T2s.Most of OPs these days have forfeit defense and are based on other mechanics for survival.

Quallo If I read the ACT correctly means DR makes minimal or near non existent difference concerning to AP gain?

Even more astonishing is the fact the increased DR by itself offers no real difference vs Bathomet?

Do I read it right?
    66% or 79% offer around the same mitigation.strange... :/
    edited October 2016

Hey Forge,

i agree on your thoughts concerning heal OPs ,I will also add then the Healadin must be defensively specced in order to survive.At least in FBI and in some T2s.Most of OPs these days have forfeit defense and are based on other mechanics for survival.

Quallo If I read the ACT correctly means DR makes minimal or near non existent difference concerning to AP gain?

Even more astonishing is the fact the increased DR by itself offers no real difference vs Bathomet?

Do I read it right?
    66% or 79% offer around the same mitigation.strange... :/

Maybe I should simply run those test a bit longer, hours maybe and come back, passive selfheal from insignia an seldarin set may be enough to survive. I dismissed my companion for the 66% test, but that should not change anything.
    Only thing I am suprised about is the fact that 99%DR+T Negation seems to have a significant benefit?
    Can´t be ! 95%DR vs 99% +Negation should be the same.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    edited October 2016
    so this time I checked the powerreplenish/damage quotient, about 875k damage dealt every run ... stacking DR seems useless to me:

46%DR power/Damage ratio is 2,95

73% DR power/Damage ratio is 3,37

73% DR+Negation (average 8 stacks=24%DR) power/Damage ratio is 3,23

105% DR (summoned companion) no Negation power/Damage ratio is 3,26

So what does this tell us? That the Tact capstone sucks for AP gain? At least it probably helps for party AP gain...

Just another reason why I think Conq is the only viable GF spec now. At least for me. 5% boost to ItF and minimal ap gain kinda sucks. Again IMO.
    edited October 2016
    No I think martial MAstery is good and Tactition is viable.
    It only tells me that the bonus from the capstone "The more DR the more AP gain" is not that good. It is not very beneftial to stack more DR than cap.
    It Is not easy to test things, because in a party there are too many classes a feature that interfere, so I tested solo at Baphomet doing nothing than standing there and getting hit. Ending with this result :smile: same ammount of incoming damage results in same ammount of AP gain more or less.
    At 105% DR I did not gain more AP than at 73% DR.
    Maybe their is just a cap for the Tac Capstone.... or ninja nerf when ITF was changed?

I'm with @greyhawk#1973 , I see no reason to be anything but Conq at my ilvl (3.5k+). My personal DPS improvement outweighs any dps gain I would provide to the group via an extra 5% ITF and from what it appears to be a marginal additional AP gain.

I've not seemed to be at any disadvantage to of GF's from a survival stand point. (My observation not running as my GF on an alt)

One thing I will play with... is going over Defense Cap. Run ACT on a few runs and see how much of an impact it has to my incoming damage.

Right now I'm usually running about 70% without any party buffs or additional DR from Negation. As I wasn't aware that mobs have variable Arm Pen. I'm guessing Trash don't have much, but bosses might.

I'll probably try it out on Orcus a few times since it should be more obvious with it's bit hit #'s.

-= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Member of Ember Legion
    sadus671 said:

Maybe their is just a cap for the Tac Capstone.... or ninja nerf when ITF was changed?

I'm with @greyhawk#1973 , I see no reason to be anything but Conq at my ilvl (3.5k+). My personal DPS improvement outweighs any dps gain I would provide to the group via an extra 5% ITF and from what it appears to be a marginal additional AP gain.

I've not seemed to be at any disadvantage to of GF's from a survival stand point. (My observation not running as my GF on an alt)

One thing I will play with... is going over Defense Cap. Run ACT on a few runs and see how much of an impact it has to my incoming damage.

Right now I'm usually running about 70% without any party buffs or additional DR from Negation. As I wasn't aware that mobs have variable Arm Pen. I'm guessing Trash don't have much, but bosses might.

I'll probably try it out on Orcus a few times since it should be more obvious with it's bit hit #'s.

Maybe you are right, beside FBI there is no need to run Tactition. You can do good maybe better as conquerer.
    I gonna post my power replenishement from next runs CN/FBI. Tactition GF and AC DC are still a powerfull alliance in terms of high AP gain to the hole groups an AA being up 24/7.
    About that DR cap, i am pretty sure running 95% is more comfortable than 80%, a onehit at 80% is no onehit at 95% DR. I tank Orcus without using block most time doing so.
    edited October 2016
    GF powerreplenish at Orcus

GF powerreplenish CN in total

GWF powerreplenish at orcus (hole run 36% MM)

Warlocks powererplenish at Orcus (hole run 24% MM)

At 95% DR you tank Orcus without shield?! Now that IS interesting... With some gear variances I think I can hit that number without worrying about Negation stacks. If true then I can potentially do a lot more damage and just worry about keeping agrod on me.

Even if I stay Guarded some of the time I might not have to worry about one shots when I'm throwing out some buffs or extra damage.

Interesting, indeed...
    The tact capstone and the tests Quallo,did, empowered my perception not to use abstract and vague powers and encounters and feats etc,in anyMMO.If a tooltip is vague expect two things:

1.Not to work as intended -bugged
    2.Not to work at all.

tactician is nice,really nice feats and i would like to be for a while just for the fun of it.But a capstone that provides meh benefits is a no no
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2016

The tact capstone and the tests Quallo,did, empowered my perception not to use abstract and vague powers and encounters and feats etc,in anyMMO.If a tooltip is vague expect two things:

1.Not to work as intended -bugged
    2.Not to work at all.

tactician is nice,really nice feats and i would like to be for a while just for the fun of it.But a capstone that provides meh benefits is a no no

@hypervoreian I am not inclined to spend time testing it, but grimah did mention in his GF guide that it scales off the percentage of your HP removed and not your DR (I think, I am going off of memory and I haven't checked his guide in a while, so this might be complete bs or poorly remembered). If you wish to investigate it further, I would start by checking his claim.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    grimah said:

FEATS AND BOONS

Martial Mastery (Tactician Capstone):
    1. AP generated is based on percentage maximum health lost. Roughly 2% HP lost = 1% AP generated. So if you are blocking you will generate less, if you are immune e.g. steel defense you generate nothing.
    2. DR does not effect on AP generated.
    3. Is not effected by AP gain (the stat)
    4. Works through Paladin skill: Divine Protector, as damage is registered (you see the numbers) but transferred to the paladin.
    Taken from @grimah's GF Compendium.

I pray @grimah's right, because I absolutely suck at testing things and I don't want Michela on my case anymore than she is.

So what does this tell us? That the Tact capstone sucks for AP gain? At least it probably helps for party AP gain...

Just another reason why I think Conq is the only viable GF spec now. At least for me. 5% boost to ItF and minimal ap gain kinda sucks. Again IMO.

Conqueror does indeed provide faster runs, because ConqGF DPS is really good.

However, that doesn't mean Tactician is trash. Tactician is totally viable: it has functioning feats which provide nice all around bonuses for your team.

Does Tactician provide small bonuses? Sure. But I know that I'm not one of those crazy toptier DPS GFs, so I purposely picked the approach which makes 4 people or more effective rather than an approach which makes only 1 person more effective.

I'm the weirdo who likes boring but practical approaches.

Tactician has a lot of interesting feats,in a way he is the predesecor of OP with his auras :

United,Rousing Speech, and he is potentially the most tanky of GF paths cause of Surging Tide feat.If we take into consideration the bugged prot capstone feat ,tact in theory is most tankier of the three paths.

I would love to use Line Breaker assault with Powerfull strike 5/5 feated.Lulz :)

But there is no place for it cause ITF and KV are permanent and you have to chose LBS over EThreat :/ .

Now if LBS would mark hitted targets... ;)

Overall tact is the best utility paths of GF and if we compare utility /tanking capabilities of the three: taking into consideration that DPS GFs take a DPS slot in the party anyway: Tact is the best option for high end parties,for the buffing/tanking role.

• michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Martial Mastery also gives a good AP bonus when you guard an attacks.
    edited November 2016

At 95% DR you tank Orcus without shield?! Now that IS interesting... With some gear variances I think I can hit that number without worrying about Negation stacks. If true then I can potentially do a lot more damage and just worry about keeping agrod on me.

Even if I stay Guarded some of the time I might not have to worry about one shots when I'm throwing out some buffs or extra damage.

Interesting, indeed...

Definitely, and I can do so without a DC in my team.
    Chain fighters recovery, block situational in case you messed up your rotation.
    I use T feytouched -20%, 95%DR, combat superiority that´s it.
    In that ACT is shown , Martial Mastery is 35% of warlocks AP gain a t that fight and 65% of GWF (even though he doesn´t need it that much.
    In a group a DC definitly will profit from your capstone chaining AA easily, like an OP can span bubble etc.
    MM = good capstone, only the tooltip should be corrected since I can´t see any benefit from having more AP gain the higher I stack DR---> same damage=same AP gain more or less
    edited November 2016
    So I think this is the summary of what's been shared:
    • Tac & MM are better for lower ilvl ppl (2k-3k) or ppl that are AD strapped... as you'll likely make a larger contribution in high ITF & AP gain.. than personal DPS at that ilvl... as you can also use cheaper Weapon Enchants (Lightning vs. Vorpal) and wear Ward gear to reduce the Ranks of Defensive Enchantments needed.
    • MM is most effective when used with KV and clearing trash... As all those "little hits" generate a lot more AP for the group.. than slow hard hitting bosses. (As your survival of those hard hits undermines AP generation)
    • Conqueror is best when you are running with other high ilvl ppl... who don't need KV mitigation (generally) to stay alive.
    • For top end content... having a gear set that can get you to 95% - 100% DR is a worthwhile investment... if you are having survival issues.
    • Alternatively, it may still be good for healers to run AS or other DR boosting powers for FBI & Orcus... even when their tank is at or near 80% DR
    Once again, I'd like to thank everyone for the time spend hashing out this information. Also, please correct me... if I've misunderstood anything previously stated.

Forge
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Member of Ember Legion
    These threads are changing my mind about how I'm gearing my Conq GF. I'm now shooting for more DR - up to at least 95%.

I'm also reconsidering my use of Negation, as slow attacking bosses could cause stacking issues. And, I want to KNOW what my DR is, not guesstimate, since my Xbox UI makes seeing my buffs a lost cause. I may switch to soulforged or even Elven Battle, since there seems to be a lot of control powers in this new mod.

Thanks all :)
    edited November 2016
    A friend asked for the music playlist:

I 'll post it here since copy and paste from mail does not work :

Arabian Battle 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Pix_o7nYI
    Viking Victory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0poHNBb8DI
    Viking Battle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZFaieNEs4c
    Viking Mobilize https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3a93TIZIJQ

The creator of all these is Jeff van Dyck https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_van_Dyck

https://jeffvandyck.com/
  • speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I tried to read as much of this as I could... a lot to take in. I run a pretty solid TacGF and in regards to AP gain I have no empirical data, no charts, and do not watch the combat log so I'll rely on my eyes.

With 0 AP, 1 hit from Orcus fills up my AP all the way and can pop a daily again. I also use Action Surge. While guarding attacks, we still take damage so the combo of 10% AP from Action Surge + Martial Mastery works for me and my build.

If I get take a ton of damage with my shield up, survive, then have full AP to pop Fighter's Recovery/Steel Defense.... The harder they hit, the more unkillable I become if I hit my rotations (til I get 1-shotted :). I was just reminded recently that a dead GF does not generate AP...