test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

pet advice

johnjohniiijohnjohniii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 108 Arc User
my pets are where my tank swordmaster protector is really weak. what pets do you guys recommend and why?

Thanks.

Comments

• johnjohniiijohnjohniii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 108 Arc User
    i'm more looking toward end game. i tank cn quite often and run 3 rank 12 bondings. i'm just not happy with my pets. i've got 2 that give me ap gain, a young yeti, and two that are just filling space.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    A couple pets come to mind with tanky actives, but a number of them are Zen Store purchases.

Honey Badger reduces incoming damage when low on health
    Dread Warrior gives threat and has a pretty solid heal power if you have him summoned
    Blacksmith reflects damage
    Sylph adds a nice dollop of control resist
    Leprechaun gives AoE dmg resist
    Lillend is a pretty solid healer if it weren't for the fact that she doesn't proc certain insignia bonuses well
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    dupeks said:

A couple pets come to mind with tanky actives, but a number of them are Zen Store purchases.

Sylph adds a nice dollop of control resist
    Leprechaun gives AoE dmg resist

That´s what I want for my tank,10% AoE resist is solid, there was another companion spending 10%..forgot.
    About that blacksmith I read he only works at blue level, so never upgrade him?
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    I use:
    Harper Bard(he's my 1 legendary, I got from promo over a year ago and finally upgraded him)
    Bear Cub(lifesteal is ridiculous at purple)
    Ioun stone of Might(5% stamina regen, my old augment)
    Shadow demon(for Dps if I want to summon and the deflect bonus is always nice)
    Blacksmith(for reflect)

I'll probably swap out the Ioun Stone for Rust Monster when the 20% off bar store happens next week. As far as I know the Blacksmith got nerfed to cap at 2.5k reflect, but not sure. I have mine at Purple. The Black Ice prospector gives 5% AoE, as does the Duergar guard I believe, so you could get 20% I think.
  • trivialrage#6656 trivialrage Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Rust monster, dread, blacksmith, shadow demon, and phase spider.
    Spider is currently my main, my def is at 60%in buffed so I am. Comfortable with the 0offensive slots. He also has a neck, waist, and ring. The rust monster is also a good summoned, but he has two def slots. I'm still playing around with it. I'm on ps4 so I can't track damage, if anyone on pc would like to shed some light I would be grateful.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Atm I use rust monster (damagedebuff 5-15%) and dancing shield (summoned) for the near permanent 20% DR debuff on targets, wich is the best to go imo..you can feel the difference, sicne that debuff works for the hole group.
    Leprechaun, Sylph and Bear cub would be nice to go for maybe. Anyway lifesteal seems to be a far better deal for me than deflect in case you don´t have that SH-HP-boon and want to rise another defense stat.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    Is the shadow demon still dealing that crazy damage it did some months ago or people recomend it mostly for the active bonus?
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    tomiotar said:

Is the shadow demon still dealing that crazy damage it did some months ago or people recomend it mostly for the active bonus?

Nope, still for its damage - AB is still secondary, although I would choose it for the latter regardless of the damage.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.