test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sea of Moving Ice Preview Patch Notes: NW.70.20161017a.1

Comments

• hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    First try and test it before you rant about nerf to OP. What I can tell you is that BO and Wrath stack. In most cases on test even in r3 HE in new area this seems challenging but not impossible to withstand. As an earlier person noted however most don't hit as hard as Orcus in repeated shots, so i can't say for sure whether this is sustainable in that fight.
    I think that the damage cap was raised on the expiration of BO as well and is not limited to the OP HP total, but I have not been able to verify except for feel. It does seem in 3 man HE that I can burn through content faster with new BO mechanics.
    The changes do pigeon hole the OP to be limited in what encounters to use, which does not seem a balance for the class as a whole.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I'm logged in right now and I still can't get it to bait my hook for fishing. I only get the brief bow/blades overlay animation from switching stances. I don't know if it's because I'm playing an HR or because I have Tab mapped to Numpad 5. I tried remapping it back to Tab to test it, but the keybinding UI won't let me.

Just noticed that there's different music now when sailing (Sacred Pool/Sharandar). Just curious...why the change? The previous music was really nice, though it sounded oddly familiar.

BUG: Using the scrying stone at Great Walrus has put me in permanent aggro. I can't get on my mount. (edit: I had to get REALLY far away from it for the aggro to disappear)

Weird...constant sounds of trolls dying even when I'm the only one here (and not killing them),
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    terramak said:

Highlights

Circle of Power
    • The effect of circle of power now lasts 10 seconds, down from 20. The cooldown of circle of power has been reduced to 28 seconds, down from 60. In accordance with this adjustment, additional ranks of this power now grant 2 additional seconds to the effect per rank, down from 4. The additional effects gained by Circle of Power when the Paladin has Oath of Devotion or Oath of Protection (30% more outgoing healing and 25% damage resistance, respectively) are now also granted to allies standing within the Circle of Power. This effect does not stack with multiple Circles of Power.
    Sacred Weapon
    • The additional damage dealt by Sacred Weapon has been increased by 50%.

Circle of power for a devo paladin makes no sense.30% outgoing healing for allies do not help,since healadin would be-under most circumstances-the healer of the party.
    30% Incoming healing plus a small percent of additional DR given to allies, (3% or 5% per rank) ,would help healadin to be competitive in his role as a heal-buffer vs DCs

Sacred Weapon:

The increase is so small almost non existant (10%) at best.And only seen in encounters used (smite) and not att wills.
    please clarify the tooltip waht we should expect from that power.how much % increase?it is prety vague.

In general:

Dev Ops luck in damage dealing.Contrary to the Prots ,which can gain power based on their oath mechanics,Devs have not a way to gain power.
    An overal increase to their damage would be welcomed.

Divine touch ,an encounter ,hits live for my 17k power healadin 1314 damage.While his att wills (oath strike ) for 2815.

The only semi decent encounter -Relentless Avenger- cannot be used in party play cause of the undesirable-in cooperative team play- knock effects.
    A healer -buffer knocking away mobs and dispersing them is of no use.
    Please consider removing its knock effect,for PVE,and replace it with a stun,or any other effect than knock.

Lunging strike for Gfs gives increased damage resistance.RA for healadins could give increase % outgoing heal based on adds hit.

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    emilemo said:

Correct me if im wrong. This is the patch note:

"Binding Oath now has the following effect: For 5 seconds, nearby enemies are forced to attack you and you gain 100% of your Maximum Hit Points as a Shield. When this effect expires or the shield is depleted foes in a 30' area take 100% of the damage that was taken by the shield and you take 50% of that damage. Additional ranks increase the duration of the shield by 1 second."

What I understand is that BO can take no more than your max HP in damage before it expires and at that point you get 50% of your HP as damage? Really heavy hits will expire BO in a single application. Imagine your BO shield equals your 160 000 HP and you get hit for 800 000. The shield will then absorb 160 000 and break. From those absorbed you get hit for 80 000. What happens with the rest of the initial 800 000 hit? What happens to the 640 000 points of damage that went over the new crappy BO? Do you get 1 hit killed? Does it simply vanish in the nether? Someone please explain. Perhaps Paladins are supposed to simply take the 640 000 points of damage that went over BO, reduce it to 128 000 via maxed DR and take that instead? Sounds crappy, GFs reduce damage much better and hit much harder.. Or perhaps the big idea is to use Sanctuary all the time for initial 80% reduction on hit with the remaining dmg being taken by the new, crappy BO shield? Is that it? Its crappy

Everywhere I look I see crappy decisions being made.

Totally agree.

Every second patch brings more nerfs for paladins. And all of this because of PVP as usual.

Good luck tanking Orcus without binding oath.

I'm glad I quit playing with my paladin a few months ago.

They didn't even bother fixing the targeting bug for Bane or removing the pushback from Relentless Avenger which makes most inexperienced paladin a nuisance.
  • darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    emilemo wrote: »
    Ok initial notes on Oathbound Paladin revamp:

2. Binding oath seems to work very well now, I like how it is now.

Correct me if im wrong. This is the patch note:

"Binding Oath now has the following effect: For 5 seconds, nearby enemies are forced to attack you and you gain 100% of your Maximum Hit Points as a Shield. When this effect expires or the shield is depleted foes in a 30' area take 100% of the damage that was taken by the shield and you take 50% of that damage. Additional ranks increase the duration of the shield by 1 second."

What I understand is that BO can take no more than your max HP in damage before it expires and at that point you get 50% of your HP as damage? Really heavy hits will expire BO in a single application. Imagine your BO shield equals your 160 000 HP and you get hit for 800 000. The shield will then absorb 160 000 and break. From those absorbed you get hit for 80 000. What happens with the rest of the initial 800 000 hit? What happens to the 640 000 points of damage that went over the new crappy BO? Do you get 1 hit killed? Does it simply vanish in the nether? Someone please explain. Perhaps Paladins are supposed to simply take the 640 000 points of damage that went over BO, reduce it to 128 000 via maxed DR and take that instead? Sounds crappy, GFs reduce damage much better and hit much harder.. Or perhaps the big idea is to use Sanctuary all the time for initial 80% reduction on hit with the remaining dmg being taken by the new, crappy BO shield? Is that it? Its crappy

Everywhere I look I see crappy decisions being made.

Yes you get one hit killed (or at least I did several times in testing, near ~275k HP with a ton of recovery). I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with these changes once going live. To me it seems they are nerfing OP, and since @terramak hasn't responded to my suggestion of increasing Divine Protector duration now that it's like KV, leads me to believe they will be nerfing KV sometime soon to no longer be a toggle and have a fairly short duration.

Also RA is basically GF lunging strike yet it's the only decent OP encounter to slot but can be a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> due to knockback. If anything it should stun them for a short time instead of the knockback.​​
    Post edited by darkstarrfoff on
  • hanniballa#2401 hanniballa Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    terramak said:

OK, Preview shard's unlocked. Sorry for the unexpected length of downtime there.

We were told to come here to discuss the changes made, we've made plenty of posts about the keys and not a word from a dev about it? You guys have some explaining to do. Any chance one of you would like to answer some questions from us?
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Paladin feedback - more about the new BO - the enemies in the area DO NOT take 100% of the damage done to the shield. Not even close, if the shield was depleted by absorbing attacks the enemies in MY area should take at least 160 000 dmg. They take 2000-3000.

@asterdahl you are breaking the class. Keep that in mind.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    hastur905 said:

First try and test it before you rant about nerf to OP. What I can tell you is that BO and Wrath stack. In most cases on test even in r3 HE in new area this seems challenging but not impossible to withstand. As an earlier person noted however most don't hit as hard as Orcus in repeated shots, so i can't say for sure whether this is sustainable in that fight.

I think that the damage cap was raised on the expiration of BO as well and is not limited to the OP HP total, but I have not been able to verify except for feel. It does seem in 3 man HE that I can burn through content faster with new BO mechanics.

The changes do pigeon hole the OP to be limited in what encounters to use, which does not seem a balance for the class as a whole.

Good for you. I on the other hand dont use BO in normal content. I only use it to tank really heavy hitters like Orcus and Im gonna state right now that the new BO wont hold against him. We'll see. Cryptic is breaking the Paladin imo.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    why dont they make bo changes happen when op join pvp maps, is this possible for them(DEV) to make?

@mimicking
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I switched from OP prot/justice to dev/light and have a lot of fun with it for now (till possible devotion nerf).
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
    edited October 2016

I switched from OP prot/justice to dev/light and have a lot of fun with it for now (till possible devotion nerf).

I guess that works. As for my 3.8IL Prot/Just Paladin who has legendary items, rank 12 enchantments, Trans weapon +armor enchants etc the next big step is... the super epic Valindra's Tower. That's it, all that power I have built into my main (and only) character will be used for that "extremely" hard and rewarding low tier dungeon. That's what I'm gonna run next mod if I even play beyond invoking/vip collection.

Thank you very much @panderus , @asterdahl , @mimicking#6533 for reducing my time in Neverwinter. It was becoming tedious again and part of me was looking for an out. You guys gave me just that. Cheers
  • thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    terramak said:

I do not expect to pursue use of this functionality as an exploit. We understand that players are still putting time and energy into this content, whether or not they choose to use a key, and some may choose to do so until the moment the live servers go down for the module release.

You aren't going to punish any of us because you guys are horrible at your job? Thanks.
    edited October 2016
    -*-
  • helric9helric9 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    More feedback from ptr about BO ?
    DP still good ?
    I playing Permabubulladin and i'm worried about this 2 changements.
    Post edited by helric9 on
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Not one word from them..... typical
    by the looks of this ill be changing auras and rings on my op, thinking of +4rising defense +4sudden defense(with at least one offence slot for my cruel enchantments, aura of courage and aura of truth, otherwise another toon to stop playing
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    Considering that the "fix" on the "bug" with the keys is the most creative way the devs found to remove the dungeons again from the game, what is the point on changing the Palladin that is a support class? Its kinda pointless doing a balance on a class and at same time removing the content where he can be usefull.
  • hanniballa#2401 hanniballa Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Any update on the 50+ pages of feedback we've provided? Hello!!!! Anyone listening, any devs there to answer some questions?
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    They already answered us in regards to keys... they said they are going coward with the change but we have been heard.

Keep in mind that they have deadlines to push content out. Perhaps on the next mod the key changes will revert back to the way they were before November 8th.

I'm level 28 on pokemon go now :smiley:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I don't run group content much at all in this game atm, and even I feel bad about the 'fix' to dungeon keys.

Some feedback on some Pally stuff, since we have a limited window to test here..
    terramak said:

Circle of Power
    • The effect of circle of power now lasts 10 seconds, down from 20. The cooldown of circle of power has been reduced to 28 seconds, down from 60. In accordance with this adjustment, additional ranks of this power now grant 2 additional seconds to the effect per rank, down from 4. The additional effects gained by Circle of Power when the Paladin has Oath of Devotion or Oath of Protection (30% more outgoing healing and 25% damage resistance, respectively) are now also granted to allies standing within the Circle of Power. This effect does not stack with multiple Circles of Power.
    Hey guys, if ur gonna make us cast CoP more frequently when slotting it, then I think its casting animation should be sped up a bit. Atm that aspect is shared w/ DC's DG, but w the new update I don't think its wind-up time should be as high as it does leave the OP open more frequently.

Vow is also pretty wonky right now.

BUG: Vow of Enmity forces your character to face the target when toggled on. (which is quite bad when ur trying to run around)

Feedback: Vow of Enmity's new toggle mechanics allow its debuff to be accidentally cancelled rather easily (and put on cd) if the player double-taps its keybind. Given that the debuff and its visuals seem a bit more laggy or delayed now, you should prob put in a grace window on its input to account for button mashing or double-tapping.

I can't say I like the revamped Vow's mechanics, despite its debuff offering more dps. Now it can't be rapidly applied when stuff is dying quickly, it doesn't have upfront dmg and thus less visual feedback, and it also seems less responsive.

Feedback: Divine Touch's damage still seems under-tuned for what it does. It can be a good heal for Devo OPs (if not overkill), but esp for Prot the power is not really that compelling atm- given its low dmg, smaller radius than Radiant Strike and TW, and that its competing for one of 3 encounter slots w/ strong alternatives.
    edited October 2016
    I like how you're trying to give them meaningful feedback @flowcyto. As if everything is fine. But what the heck are you talking about? Divine Touch? Its useless and nobody uses it. Circle Of Power? Only good for some easy instances where I help my ego by doing some more dps to the boss and thats it. They are making some improvements to the most useless Paladin abilities while nerfing the most useful ones.

Thats the bottom line here and it will take the class to the bottom.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    People have already left ample feedback here regarding things like BO, Sanctuary, and DP. And no, I don't think everything is 'fine' either.
  • swirve#6429 swirve Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    When will we see further information on loot table drops following your deception on the dungeon key preview all these years?

Im starting to suspect the devs view the rewarding experience as allowing us to spend real money on the game. Much like the developers of a slot machine or other gambling apparatus.
    edited October 2016
    Bottom line: all of you guys who like and play Neverwinter need to ask yourselves how much excrement can you eat before it starts coming out of your ears. I already did and decided enough is enough.
  • tankmaister#5354 tankmaister Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    @panderus
    @asterdahl
    @mimicking#6533

Your community has been on edge for few days now. We keep screaming your help but all we get is some whispers "I see you". Yet there is rope next to your feets and you take no action to throw it to us. Every passing day more and more of us will loose the hope ever getting that rope and will just jump off. You see, there are plenty of OTHER games, actually GOOD games out there.

Just incase you don't know what I'm talking about:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1223956/dungeon-key-changes/p1
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/584ghp/dungeon_chest_key_changes/

This is your community speaking and you barely reply as "I hear ya."
    Is it our voice you are listening our the sweet sound of our cash? Because they are both about to be really silent soon.

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

You Devs must really hate the paladin class, mimic king did say his class was GF so more paladin nerfs are a comin, meanwhile a DC can buff power to over 3 mil with aa bob loop with multiple DC and this hasn't even been addressed but they have more than enough time to continually nerf the paladin class, I'm just sick of being nerfed every other mod. Oh and definitely not one more dime. Not for this game.

DC power increase was patched, the max you'll see now is 150k, not much more.

• hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    So if you have left @emilemo then why are you still trolling the forums, being combative with other players still playing the game. Follow your own advice and disappear. I won't miss your my IL is bigger than yours bravado.
This discussion has been closed.