test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes

Comments

• lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    In a noble effort to help the developers I would like to highlight some issues with the key change reasoning:

1. This is a feature.
    a) It has a scripted layout showing reward items with their icons and descriptions to the left of the main picture.
    b) Above the item listing is the line informing the player 'You will receive'. Again, neatly positioned indicating the listing below.
    c) The complete window is also designed to include a graphical representation of the open chest (note open), to the right of the rewards listing.
    d) Positioned at the bottom of this window is a bar with two options, Accept, Decline. Allowing players to make the judgement of whether the rewards merit the use of their key.

Note: This window layout is not exclusive to the event indicated by the loot shown in the picture. It is common across numerous dungeons and raids - and has been for years.

2. This is a bug.

Post edited by lyaise on
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I've been thinking about all of this and there is only one possible explanation.

They arent idiots, they know everything we think and said, how we feel. This change and other previous decissions have only 1 purpose: Purge old players (most of them well geared and not expending a lot in the game). Even if some of expenders go away, the game will still have people, there will be new clients that doesnt know about this or other lost features because they werent here.

The target of cryptic is new players willing to progress fast, expend some money (better if is a whale) and then leaves. I think they will be successfull, and most players will go out, but I think they have taken this in consideration. They have the data. I bet most old players doesnt put a lot of money.

Keep playing the game and dont put money into it. This is the only thing they dont want. Well only if you have fun ofcourse. I have fun running some FBI or CN or other things, but if I think in the rewards, I get frustrated so I only do it for the fun and challenge.

Well that is what I think, they cant be so dump.

This key thing and many other thigs would be minimized and ignored if the game had real rewards for playing the content (and real rewards arent 1% chance of anything)
    Post edited by darthpotater on
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    lyaise said:

In a noble effort to help the developers I would like to highlight some issues with the key change reasoning:

1. This is a feature.
    2. a) It has a scripted layout showing reward items with their icons and descriptions to the left of the main picture.
    b) Above the item listing is the line informing the player 'You will receive'. Again, neatly positioned indicating the listing below.
    c) The complete window is also designed to include a graphical representation of the open chest (note open), to the right of the rewards listing.
    d) Positioned at the bottom of this window is a bar with two options, Accept, Decline. Allowing players to make the judgement of whether the rewards merit the use of their key.

Note: This window layout is not exclusive to the event indicated by the loot shown in the picture. It is common across numerous dungeons and raids - and has been for years.

2. This is a bug.

Perfect :)

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I wouldnt ask @terramak anything, in my opinion he should be removed from never winter, the pure damage , audacity and ridiculous nature of his accusations, has been part of this problem. He has zero respect, and I dont see how we can work with him anymore. I would actually remove this entire team, for what they have done to this game, if mod 6 was bad, mod 10 is no better. I wish more people could see this, MOD 10, maybe isnt broken, but in its purity, is as much of a insult to players as mod 6 was. Its that bad. Mod whatever 10.5 is the same.. just more of the same insult to players intelligence. I keep coming back every day, thinking something will be announced /changed, but it wont be.

I also think they should review a certain mod, Im not allowed to name.. as again, his actions are a bit over the top, he should have stayed out of this, he can have a opinion, but when that opinion always seems to coincidence with defending the precious company line, something is ridicolous wrong in that area. I also think all mods, should have 1 year on and 1 year off or 6/6 months thing or something. I think too long and things fester, best to have a time off from such positions.

In addition, none of this matters, they are bent on removing us, we all see it, they are clearly doing everything in thier power to remove older players now.

They have, dont care.. knowingly partaken in this. What a load of pure... you can finish it.

• greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    I'm sure you're right @darthpotater . They want to get rid of their long standing players and take advantage of the new guys.

That's even more abhorrent than anything else, to me. Just shameful, when there are ways to keep the old guard and keep them spending.

Such short-sighted thinking.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    People are missing the point - the key being consumed isn't the root of the issue - it's consuming the key for JUNK, which is what they put in most of the chests. Now sure, I was lucky and pulled a Lostmauth necklace last night - but it certainly wasn't in the dragon chest, it was in the epic dungeon chest. I've been holding on to the FIRST DRAGON CHEST KEY I MADE and have run over 100 Lostmauth runs and have never yet seen anything in that chest worth the key. In fact I can tell you exactly what has been in each of the chests.

1 bit of alliance gear (worth 2200 AD)
    1 dragon overload - generally for a different character than the one I'm running
    1 refining gem
    and about 40% of the time that stupid Haarles Treatsy on Dragonkind that you can't ever get out of your inventory.

Sorry - but that's not worth the key. I haven't bothered to make another key because once I use this one, I probably won't even bother to look into that chest again. There isn't any loot worth it, EVER.

You find the horn on the ground, you find the necklace and the belt in the left chest. I don't know of anyone who has found anything good in the special key chest. So why on earth would I bother to make more keys? And why would you think that consuming my key for peeking through garbage would make me inclined to make another one?

Will I make mDemo keys? Yup, just enough to get the twisted ichor I need for my weapons. Because I KNOW I'm getting something I want out of that chest.

Stop giving us trash. I should at least get enough stuff to salvage for the value of the key - with a chance of getting something better. If your keys cost me 100 zen to buy, then I'd better get 50k AD worth of things out of it.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited October 2016

I've been thinking about all of this and there is only one possible explanation.

They arent idiots, they know everything we think and said, how we feel. This change and other previous decissions have only 1 purpose: Purge old players (most of them well geared and not expending a lot in the game). Even if some of expenders go away, the game will still have people, there will be new clients that doesnt know about this or other lost features because they werent here.

The target of cryptic is that new player that wants to progress fast, expend some money (better if is a whale) and then leaves. I think they will be successfull, and most players will go out, but I think they have taken this in consideration. They have the data. I bet most old players doesnt put a lot of money.

Keep playing the game and dont put money into it. This is the only thing they dont want. Well only if you have fun ofcourse. I have fun running some FBI or CN or other things, but if I think in the rewards, I get frustrated so I only do it for the fun and challenge.

Well that is what I think, they cant be so dump.

This key thing and many other thigs would be minimized and ignored if the game had real rewards for playing the content (and real rewards arent 1% chance of anything)

You're probably right on what target group this game is aimed at.. That being the case Im officially joining the newby stomping in pvp. Im gonna keep my old geared paladin who wont be able to tank pve and kill new players in pvp. Mercilessly. For 30-60 minutes, each night after work im gonna actively make this game a living hell for any new player i encounter.

Being helpful - why, the devs arent? Giving advice - not anymore! Assisting lowbies in a run - heck no, votekick lowbies from the run. Allow gg to happen? Nope, kill them on sight.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Once you guys calm down a little, you will see that this was a bug. I'm not happy about this fix at all, but it is. It was a bug that was left in for so long that it become a feature, and they designed things around it instead of fixing it. Its a bug that most players were able to take advantage of, so saying that the minority knew about it is a bit absurd, but that doesn't change the fact this was a bug.

MMORPGs have for a long time consumed the key to open a chest. You are using the key to open the chest - which consumes the key. What you do after that is your problem. I had discussed this with people back in like Mod 3 when I learned of it, and knew it was a bug. The decline button makes sense - I can decline quest rewards or any other confirmation window if I choose....it makes sense, even if it isn't logical. Without a decline button, people would complain that they are forced to take the contents.

I don't like the change for the simple fact that the loot sucks and is rarely ever worth the cost of the key. Without being able to peek, people will just not bother making or buying keys, and the extra chests will only be opened if forced to - which seems along the lines of what they are going to do.

Bug versus feature is largely irrelevant. The issue is, the chest contents sucks. Focus on that.....but it is probably to late.

They are looking to get rid of the old players who have stopped spending, and will stop playing soon. New players won't know what they are missing and they can milk them for money. Win win in their eyes....only the players lose out.

This game is a shell of what it was and what it could be. It is not good and engaging enough to suffer these sorts of PR nightmares....
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    And Graves still can't have his cigar back
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    lyaise said:

1. This is a feature.
    a) It has a scripted layout showing reward items with their icons and descriptions to the left of the main picture.

2. This is a bug.

Jesus christ, that's a huge bug!!! xD
    How did it make it through the tunnels!??!?! roflmaol
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Yes it is a bug that became a feature.... We all know that.

I was using my keys in SoT and lostmauth even with the trash rewards in the chests only because I feared a ban, and telling my friends to not use that bug in advantage.

You know what happened when I asked in this forum for an OFFICIAL ANSWER? You know? My post was buried by @zebular or @lewstelamon01 (I dont remember) to lower deeps!! Things like this is what make players angry, on top of the frustration from a not rewarding game, the devs and moderators not solving the problem and making the snowball so big.

But the main problem are the rewards, lots of good friends stopped playing in mod 4-5-6-7-8-9-10 already. This is only making things worse, and the rage is because everything together.

The consensus is that EVERYONE IS FRUSTRATED. And thats it. A company that made everyone frustrated by the non-rewards and the removal of features.

Make one in-game poll. YOU DONT HAVE BALLS to show the results
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

Once you guys calm down a little, you will see that this was a bug. I'm not happy about this fix at all, but it is. It was a bug that was left in for so long that it become a feature, and they designed things around it instead of fixing it. Its a bug that most players were able to take advantage of, so saying that the minority knew about it is a bit absurd, but that doesn't change the fact this was a bug.

MMORPGs have for a long time consumed the key to open a chest. You are using the key to open the chest - which consumes the key. What you do after that is your problem. I had discussed this with people back in like Mod 3 when I learned of it, and knew it was a bug. The decline button makes sense - I can decline quest rewards or any other confirmation window if I choose....it makes sense, even if it isn't logical. Without a decline button, people would complain that they are forced to take the contents.

I don't like the change for the simple fact that the loot sucks and is rarely ever worth the cost of the key. Without being able to peek, people will just not bother making or buying keys, and the extra chests will only be opened if forced to - which seems along the lines of what they are going to do.

Bug versus feature is largely irrelevant. The issue is, the chest contents sucks. Focus on that.....but it is probably to late.

They are looking to get rid of the old players who have stopped spending, and will stop playing soon. New players won't know what they are missing and they can milk them for money. Win win in their eyes....only the players lose out.

This game is a shell of what it was and what it could be. It is not good and engaging enough to suffer these sorts of PR nightmares....

bug, no bug.. no matter to me.

What I see is overly grindy and boring concepts being thrown down our throats and the privilage to PAY THEM per run in new raids.

Ive played many mmos, paid out more money then I shouldve had, should be ashamed about it all.. but I have my limits. This is one of them.

I do not pay to skip bad and boring content.

I do not pay per run on a effing game.

Both of these are terrible mistakes since mod 10, they are doing it to go foward.

But whatever.. they are the worst sort and type of mmo game rip off artist, they should be ashamed and so should we for putting up with this nonsense for as long as we have.

I
    If they would just give 1 free legendary key per day at rank 13 VIP.. I would be happy enough. This gives a ability to play the game again.. you might have to wait a few days or a week or two.. but you can save up enough keys to run new raids, without paying PER key. It also gives value back to VIP.. which has been ripped apart over and over.

Nothing will restore my faith that this company has any respect for their customers. Not reverting this debacle, not an apology, nothing.

Tarmacs comments in that patch feedback thread told me everything I need to know about these guys. The gall to tell us they won't ban us for exploiting this bug!

I think the best course would be to keep playing, if for no other reason than to inform new players to NOT spend any money. The game can be fun enough even if you don't spend a dime, and spending just teaches them how their bad decisions 'work'.

I've stopped spending, but I intended to for the odd 50% sale. Not any more!

You CAN NOT treat your customers this way! It's so slimy, on so many levels...
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1200210/why-werent-changes-to-epic-dungeon-chests-mentioned-in-patch-notes/p1
    asterdahl said:

Hi everyone, thank you for your patience while we were looking into this. We have identified that the issue is present in all dungeon chests (epic or otherwise) and in some cases, (Cragmire, Temple of the Spider, etc.) this is causing players to receive levelling dungeon seals instead of the expected Seals of the Protector and Elements. In other cases, this is causing unnamed and sometimes un-openable reward packs to fall into the players inventory.

As others have already noted, the entire flow for using a dungeon chest key has changed, making it impossible to see the rewards before committing to using a key. Let me explain why this choice was made.

The previous functionality was counter to our original intent with the dungeon keys. These were always meant to result in a bonus reward, randomly selected from a list of possibilities. The reality for quite some time was that rather than using a key for a random bonus reward, players could choose to hold their key and re-run the content until they received the exact reward they wanted.

That being said, what you saw was released early, in an unfinished state and not properly communicated. For that, we apologize. Right now we have reverted those changes locally and will be returning chests to the way they functioned before Module 7 launch on LIVE as soon as possible.

We are still evaluating not only what the chest opening experience will be but also what is in the chests. We want to address concerns regarding their contents and make sure that they feel valuable and worthwhile each time you open them.

More information will be coming in the future, so keep an eye on the site.

Apparently this has been in the works for a while. They implemented it by accident in mod 7 and switched back.

Would help if they clarified the bolded part now though : \
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • It would help if they gave any feedback at all.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    If memory serves me correctly, I spent RL money on the following in the zen store since I started playing NW:
    • Ioun Stone of Allure x 2 (wish I could retract these 2 especially)
    • Ioun Stone of Radiance (because you had to spend 500z to qualify for the promo)
    • Wolf (because I didn't know HAMSTER about active bonuses at the start)
    • Owl (because HRs were aggro magnets back then)
    • Wild Hunt Rider x 2
    • HR booster pack
    • SW booster pack
    • First-time buyers' pack (best 500z you could ever spend, even to this day)
    • Redcap Powrie promo
    • Blacksmith
    • Leprechaun
    • Acolyte of Kelemvor
    • Character Slots x 1
    • Manycoins Bank Slots x 1
    • Shared Bank Slots x 1
    • Race Reroll Token x 2
    • Rename Token x 1
    • Yeth Hound
    • Dusk Unicorn
    • Possibly Coal Ward x 1
    Most of these purchases took place within the first year of me playing the game. Thinking about it now, I'm ashamed of myself as it was probably more money than I would have spent on a year's subscription on WoW. Everything else I have purchased since has come via the ZAX.

To those saying Cryptic want us long-time players out because we're not spending money - pray tell what are we supposed to be spending our hard-earned (well for me anyway) money on??? Coal Wards? HAMSTER no, not for that price. There is nothing worth buying in the zen store. Is that our fault? Hell no. If they took their heads out of their arses maybe they'd realise the HAMSTER available in the zen store and actually do something good about it.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    urabask said:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1200210/why-werent-changes-to-epic-dungeon-chests-mentioned-in-patch-notes/p1

asterdahl said:

Hi everyone, thank you for your patience while we were looking into this. We have identified that the issue is present in all dungeon chests (epic or otherwise) and in some cases, (Cragmire, Temple of the Spider, etc.) this is causing players to receive levelling dungeon seals instead of the expected Seals of the Protector and Elements. In other cases, this is causing unnamed and sometimes un-openable reward packs to fall into the players inventory.

As others have already noted, the entire flow for using a dungeon chest key has changed, making it impossible to see the rewards before committing to using a key. Let me explain why this choice was made.

The previous functionality was counter to our original intent with the dungeon keys. These were always meant to result in a bonus reward, randomly selected from a list of possibilities. The reality for quite some time was that rather than using a key for a random bonus reward, players could choose to hold their key and re-run the content until they received the exact reward they wanted.

That being said, what you saw was released early, in an unfinished state and not properly communicated. For that, we apologize. Right now we have reverted those changes locally and will be returning chests to the way they functioned before Module 7 launch on LIVE as soon as possible.

We are still evaluating not only what the chest opening experience will be but also what is in the chests. We want to address concerns regarding their contents and make sure that they feel valuable and worthwhile each time you open them.

More information will be coming in the future, so keep an eye on the site.

Apparently this has been in the works for a while. They implemented it by accident in mod 7 and switched back.

Would help if they clarified the bolded part now though : \
    All they bloody well seem to do is evaluate but never come to any sort of conclusion. Their idea of valuable and worthwhile is a far cry from what us players expect, that's for sure.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited October 2016

If they would just give 1 free legendary key per day at rank 13 VIP.. I would be happy enough. This gives a ability to play the game again.. you might have to wait a few days or a week or two.. but you can save up enough keys to run new raids, without paying PER key. It also gives value back to VIP.. which has been ripped apart over and over.

I didn't did the new raid, from what i've seen in the forum the new chest's dont use keys, they use a new reputation level, so we will probably be "ablle to buy" a box with this new currency's from Zen market... keys that are not keys
    https://i.imgur.com/0PTIMd7.jpg
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    @terramak get an oath paladin oath of protection char equip the new weapons and use binding oath.(i got confused with the overcharged happening when i used bo)

with the new changes to bo does it become a casting spell, means it need to give ap?
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    edited October 2016

The issue is, the chest contents sucks. Focus on that.....but it is probably to late.

Agreed. I think we all know the chest content sucks but...I don't see that changing. People can demand better drops but that will lower the value of items in AH and everyone will be able to afford things they couldn't. Etc etc. Then the devs will kill something else because they want people earning things in their own words. This whole fiasco is just poorly thought out and seems like they haven't thought it all through.

How you can add an auction house into a game and then make things either BtC or BtA or impossible to get is ridiculous. I foresee the AH and Tradebars eventually being removed as the final nail to force people to the Zen store. Because we all know bots post the majority of items in AH and earn AD that way and use that AD to buy Zen to buy keys to open boxes to get tradebars to post more stuff in the AH. Something along those lines.

I don't like this key change at all and I think it is going to be a huge hit to the playerbase. I play on XB1 and I'm already seeing players leaving the game because of this announcement.

Devs and decision makers need to think about that for a minute and let it soak in. This change hasn't hit PC yet, is probably weeks and weeks away from hitting consoles, and yet the console players are already leaving the game over it. We just got a new mod and, after a week, players are giving up. Why? Because the content sucks. Because you guys are ruining the few things that were still fun. Because you guys are bleeding people dry with RNG RNG RNG.

I don't necessarily agree with the "old players don't spend money" rationale. I know some of the guys I play with have dropped 4-5 figures (individually) into this game and continue to do so. I put the $50-60 in because that's what a game is worth to me. I will never fork another cent into this game no matter what they do.

In regards to new players: I just don't see someone spending that much on keys when the payout is so bad. I get that players want progression. But I have to think a new player would say "that key cost me X and after using 5 keys i've earned 1/1000th of what I spent on the keys. f this". It's not easy coming up with AD to turn into Zen for new players and I think people are just not going to last as long as the old guard has.

(edited because of hamster invasions)
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    xeltey said:

There is a feature in the Neverwinter game whereby players can open a bonus chest at the end of certain dungeons through use of special items named:

• Legendary Dragon Key
    • Daily Dungeon Chest Key
    • Epic Dungeon Chest Key
    • Standard Dungeon Chest Key
    • Mystic Dragon Key
    • Arcane Dragon Key
    • Dragon Queen’s Key
    • Lesser Demonic Key
    • Greater Demonic Key
    • Malabog’s Castle Key
    • Valindra’s Tower Key
    • Kessell’s Retreat Key
    • Ancient Runic Key
    • Dark Fey Key
    • Thayan Chest Key
    • Thayan Lair Key
    Keys are currently acquired by purchasing them from the Zen Market, completing certain campaign tasks, or obtaining them from certain non-player characters. Each key can be used to open and claim the rewards from one chest.

In the Sea of Moving Ice update releasing on the live server on November 8th, there will be a change happening to how these keys work.

There is currently a bug on the live server whereby a player may view the rewards without using a key. This bug has been fixed. When this fix gets to the live server, opening a chest will consume the key, give the player the rewards, and display those rewards to the player. To ensure that keys are not accidentally used, the user interface in game will alert you to which key would be consumed and ask for confirmation before continuing.

Since this bug has been live for a long time and we believe that some players may have come to rely on this bug, we are providing advance notice of the change.

As part of this change we are also lowering the cost of the Zen store item “Legendary Dragon Key 5-Pack” from 300 Zen to 250 Zen.

We are pleased to address this bug because it resolves an inequity between the minority of players who knew about it and the majority who did not, and because the Neverwinter design team will be better able to design rewards for chests going forward now that the bug has been fixed.

- The Neverwinter Team
    No way Cryptic Xelteiii
    Someone once complaint that the Key was consumed once it opened 1 treasure box and you went and fix it...so this feature was WAI.. so Its not a Bug by any means..
    Its pure greed from you guys and youre trying to lie to our face.
    This is Insulting.!!!
  • hanniballa#2401 hanniballa Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Pack it in guys, they're not going to do a thing about the key change. 51 pages and where are the devs? Where's Strumslinger or Mimic? They're all MIA on this front. They clearly don't give a HAMSTER about our concerns. I've never seen a company ignore so many problems with their own game and community. I'm going to Final Fantasy 14, come join me.
  • uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    lirithiel said:

If memory serves me correctly, I spent RL money on the following in the zen store since I started playing NW:

• Ioun Stone of Allure x 2 (wish I could retract these 2 especially)
    • Ioun Stone of Radiance (because you had to spend 500z to qualify for the promo)
    • Wolf (because I didn't know HAMSTER about active bonuses at the start)
    • Owl (because HRs were aggro magnets back then)
    • Wild Hunt Rider x 2
    • HR booster pack
    • SW booster pack
    • First-time buyers' pack (best 500z you could ever spend, even to this day)
    • Redcap Powrie promo
    • Blacksmith
    • Leprechaun
    • Acolyte of Kelemvor
    • Character Slots x 1
    • Manycoins Bank Slots x 1
    • Shared Bank Slots x 1
    • Race Reroll Token x 2
    • Rename Token x 1
    • Yeth Hound
    • Dusk Unicorn
    • Possibly Coal Ward x 1
    Most of these purchases took place within the first year of me playing the game. Thinking about it now, I'm ashamed of myself as it was probably more money than I would have spent on a year's subscription on WoW. Everything else I have purchased since has come via the ZAX.

To those saying Cryptic want us long-time players out because we're not spending money - pray tell what are we supposed to be spending our hard-earned (well for me anyway) money on??? Coal Wards? HAMSTER no, not for that price. There is nothing worth buying in the zen store. Is that our fault? Hell no. If they took their heads out of their arses maybe they'd realise the HAMSTER available in the zen store and actually do something good about it.
    +1000

I too had a similar experience with the zen market with in 1 year of playing this game.

I did buy a coal ward right after buying 3500 zen mount that was account wide. I thought the coal ward was a good idea so i made my first weapon enchant. I was happy with the result until I realized that I would need to do it 13 more times to get a rank 10 enchant which was the highest level enchant back then. Did some quick math (14 x $10 = $140), wait i'm going to spend a 140 dollars on 1 item in the game :s .... nope no way that was going to happen again.

So what do I buy from the zen market for real cash these days?? Well not much... last thing i bought was the Hero of North pack. I decide because I did enjoy my underdark experience and it was a black friday deal to use some RL cash to get this rather expensive item.

The time before that I bought the Dragon Born Legend pack for RL cash. So many reasons why. 1st was that the pack wasn't going to be avialable from the zen store right away, so the people with cash would get first grab at it, I was ok with this marketing gimmick. Next, was the fact that you would be getting a new playable race. Last, and probably the biggest driving factor of them all, you would get an account wide 28 slot bag. OMG, the bag, i had 9 alts, and played all of them to a less extent but a bag that was account wide, yep this was a no brainier and ingenious on cryptics part :) .

I really enjoy playing all the classes in neverwinter so i'm kinda an alt-aholic. So let look at the zen market it now. Most things that I want from the zen market are usually a 1 of purchase, i.e. only 1 character get to use said item. It really hard for me to spend significant cash (2000+ zen) on one item, companions it what comes to mind. If there was an account wide version of the companions, I would guarantee i would have a lot more companions, but there isn't so i can not (even with AD converted zen) justify the big expense.

So, the main problem for me is the fact the most of the zen market stuff only allows for 1 use purchase. It is one of those things that this announcement brought to the surface for me. This game is very unfriendly if you want to play alts. I think that if Cryptic changed and made the game a little more alt friendly they would see a increase revenue, especially for us older players.

For me I use the same logic on legendary mounts. The problem I have is that it will take months of grindy just to get that kind of dough to purchase one mount from the auction house to give to 1 character..... no thanks the benefit is not worth that cash for just one character. The other option is to buy keys to use on lock boxes.... similar to my coal ward experience, I learned early on that would be a terrible investment of my RL money and game time, I will pass on buying keys. If there was an account wide legendary mount (I honestly believe at this point in the game we should have access) that was maybe just a step under the lock box one (stats a little less, combat power a little less, speed the same) I would be one in a heart beat.

So yeah, nothing much for me to buy from the zen market. You want me to buy something make it account wide, make it unique, and make it worth my money and time, otherwise, not going to do it, :p
    Isn't @strumslinger back from vacation? Could we get some Community Managering up in here?

He seemed like a nice guy, but I'm sure he's been ordered to say nothing about this...

Truly reprehensible behavior from a big corporation. For shame..
This discussion has been closed.