test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sea of Moving Ice Preview Patch Notes: NW.70.20161017a.1

Comments

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Devs should realize its best to shut up until they have something to show. These sarcastic comments don't help at all. I personally hope they currently do the weekends and burn out working on a new chest loot system.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    loboguild said:

Devs should realize its best to shut up until they have something to show. These sarcastic comments don't help at all. I personally hope they currently do the weekends and burn out working on a new chest loot system.

Any new chest loot changes will never make using keys worth it. Never. The very basic principle of this game is that loot sucks so that you get meaningless amounts of character progression from playing the game and are tempted to use the cash shop to speed it up.

I know you guys would probably be fine with a compromise on that matter, but this is technically not possible. This would mean changing the economic model entirely, and that won't happen. Even if the devs decide to double or triple the drop rates of desirable stuff, dungeon keys will still suck and cause a net loss of resources.

There's no possible compromise on the dungeon key changes. We have to get the changes rolled back. Anything else will be, as usual, empty promises that mean nothing.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    @terramak would you please consider adding to "prestige pvp set" everfrost resist in order to allow us pvp players to enjoy the new content?
    for how things are right now, i did not take part in mod 10 activities and will not be able to do that in mod 10.5B as well
    edited October 2016
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Any new chest loot changes will never make using keys worth it. Never. The very basic principle of this game is that loot sucks so that you get meaningless amounts of character progression from playing the game and are tempted to use the cash shop to speed it up.

I know you guys would probably be fine with a compromise on that matter, but this is technically not possible. This would mean changing the economic model entirely, and that won't happen. Even if the devs decide to double or triple the drop rates of desirable stuff, dungeon keys will still suck and cause a net loss of resources.

There's no possible compromise on the dungeon key changes. We have to get the changes rolled back. Anything else will be, as usual, empty promises that mean nothing.

I'm inclined to disagree because the current system has obvious flaws that need to be addressed. Nobody will buy Legendary Dragon Key or Daily Keys (5k AD) because the worth of loot from extra chests doesn't remotely come close to the cost of the key. Both items are completely useless right now. That's can't be the interest of the devs in terms of revenue.

They didn't "change" the Dungeon Key Chests, they killed them. Nobody will run dungeons in Mod 10.5 on top of the free keys they have, much less acquire additional keys for the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the chests are offering. The only reason people were buying keys was that they could preview chests.​​
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    kate#1038 said:

you changing core and main Oathbound Paladin powers : Binding Oath,Circle of Power and Divine Protector
    Will OP get a free Respec Token?

Oh good lord. You don't need to respec for powers unless you've built your character horribly to begin with. It's not like when feats change and you can't just decide to slot something else.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    Free respec tokens are so Module 2.​​
    loboguild said:

Free respec tokens are so Module 2.​​

lol
    edited October 2016
    After a new loot system, the costs of Legendary keys should lowered and they should be placed in the Bazaar instead of the Zen store. That would cut down the backlog.

I think comparing the Legendary Key value vs. the chest loot isn't the way to go tbh. If you do chest loot > key then you open up infinite farming. The devs are very hesitant to that, because they like progression walls in their monetization model. Do it the other way round like now and nobody is going to purchase extra keys.

What I would do is sell progression with the extra chest. I don't think Demogorgon or FBI loot is well balanced, but spending keys allows you to acquire the armor sets attached to the module faster. I think people would spend in that situation. They won't spend for salvage that they can directly value vs. keys like the T1 chests.​​
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    loboguild said:

I think comparing the Legendary Key value vs. the chest loot isn't the way to go tbh. If you do chest loot > key then you open up infinite farming. The devs are very hesitant to that, because they like progression walls in their monetization model. Do it the other way round like now and nobody is going to purchase extra keys.

What I would do is sell progression with the extra chest. I don't think Demogorgon or FBI loot is well balanced, but spending keys allows you to acquire the armor sets attached to the module faster. I think people would spend in that situation. They won't spend for salvage that they can directly value vs. keys like the T1 chests.​​

But we are losing value from the second chest so they'd at the very least have to add some to the epic dungeon key chest.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    Absolutely. My proposed short-term fix would be to at least double the chest loot of both chests. Meaning double seals, double salvage + the marginal chance at the Artifacts etc. That still doesn't sell Legendary Dragon Keys, but makes others viable, including the Daily Epic Dungeon one.​​
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    diogene0 said:

There's a lot of good class balance changes, however, there are some critical changes that still need to happen that break game balance completely, and that shouldn't take that long to implement.

I'm mainly talking about stats sharing with companions equipped with bonding runestones. On my DC, I can buff people from 40k buffed power (with r12 bondings) to 125k power with anointed army and blessing of battle, feated with battle fervor. We're looking at a 212% damage buff with two spells only...

But it's not only power. Def stat boots can boost characters up to the DR cap effortlessly. The siege master pet can do that. Any stat buffs to pets with bondings ends up giving broken results, amplifying power creep to unprecedented levels.

I mean, do you consider this balanced?

http://imgur.com/a/ybAUf

In addition, anointed army makes players almost immortal for 4 hits, and given how easy it is to spam with the current levels of AP gain, 4 hits is a lot and greatly trivializes content. I don't remember the last time I had to dodge a telegraph when playing my cleric.

Stat buffs shouldn't affect pets. The changes you made so far are positive, but please try to find some time to fix this too. :smile:

A typical dps with r12 bondings doesn't have 40k power and you also managed to fail the power formula.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    "In addition, anointed army makes players almost immortal for 4 hits, and given how easy it is to spam with the current levels of AP gain, 4 hits is a lot and greatly trivializes content. I don't remember the last time I had to dodge a telegraph when playing my cleric."

He says the same thing in every feedback thread. Ignore this nonsense.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    edited October 2016
    loboguild said:

They didn't "change" the Dungeon Key Chests, they killed them. Nobody will run dungeons in Mod 10.5 on top of the free keys they have, much less acquire additional keys for the HAMSTER the chests are offering. The only reason people were buying keys was that they could preview chests.​​

I know what you're asking for: a less grindy experience. It's never going to happen.

diogene0 said:

There's a lot of good class balance changes, however, there are some critical changes that still need to happen that break game balance completely, and that shouldn't take that long to implement.

I'm mainly talking about stats sharing with companions equipped with bonding runestones. On my DC, I can buff people from 40k buffed power (with r12 bondings) to 125k power with anointed army and blessing of battle, feated with battle fervor. We're looking at a 212% damage buff with two spells only...

But it's not only power. Def stat boots can boost characters up to the DR cap effortlessly. The siege master pet can do that. Any stat buffs to pets with bondings ends up giving broken results, amplifying power creep to unprecedented levels.

I mean, do you consider this balanced?

http://imgur.com/a/ybAUf

In addition, anointed army makes players almost immortal for 4 hits, and given how easy it is to spam with the current levels of AP gain, 4 hits is a lot and greatly trivializes content. I don't remember the last time I had to dodge a telegraph when playing my cleric.

Stat buffs shouldn't affect pets. The changes you made so far are positive, but please try to find some time to fix this too. :smile:

A typical dps with r12 bondings doesn't have 40k power and you also managed to fail the power formula.
    I'm not talking about base power but buffed power. If I fail at formulas you fail at reading comprehension. Goodbye. :smile:
  • stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Can someone plz for the love of god test and report back on the following:

- run CN dungeon 10 times and use 10 legendary keys (2 runs for a group of 5 = 10 keys
    - Report out on the ten chests contents (plz be specific/inclusive for each legendary key spent)
    - Add up total value of contents received

I keep hearing same discussion. I'm sure the loot hasn't changed but lets start with some factual data, even if the sample size is small.

Really appreciate PC players help
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer

terramak said:

Highlights

Camera Distance options no longer available on Preview
    The current experiment with allowing the camera to zoom in and out has come to an end. While we like the feature, there's still more testing and tweaking that needs to happen before we can consider shipping this feature to a live shard.

Wait, so you mean I can't play anymore? I can only play at gfxsetdefaultfov 95 because anything closer gives me severe migraines. Please tell me this isn't so...
    As far as I'm aware, commands like that didn't change; this build just goes back to keeping the camera in place when scrolling the mousewheel in and out (aside from screenshot mode).

I've sent an email out, the Preview shard will likely be unlocked soon-ish (hopefully within the next 30-60 minutes).
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    terramak said:

terramak said:

Highlights

Camera Distance options no longer available on Preview
    The current experiment with allowing the camera to zoom in and out has come to an end. While we like the feature, there's still more testing and tweaking that needs to happen before we can consider shipping this feature to a live shard.

Wait, so you mean I can't play anymore? I can only play at gfxsetdefaultfov 95 because anything closer gives me severe migraines. Please tell me this isn't so...
    I've sent an email out, the Preview shard will likely be unlocked soon-ish (hopefully within the next 30-60 minutes).
    Good to know it's not just me that can't get in but it would have been nice to have seen an official notice posted about it being locked out 5 or 6 hours ago when it happened or at least a response on the thread I started about it at that time.

diogene0 wrote: »
    I know what you're asking for: a less grindy experience. It's never going to happen.

No I think it's two different things. The Dungeon Keys being a net minus everytime you use them is an issue that makes keys completely useless. The system simply doesn't make sense for both sides at the moment. Devs are not selling Legendary Keys and we can't get more out of our dungeon runs.​​
    edited October 2016
    The zoom feature can already be implemented modifying some text files in the game folders btw.
    there should be a guide in this forum
  • krasnoyarsk1krasnoyarsk1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Devs, learn something: before you fix keys, you need fix loot. All as i saw is that you're making this change, but the same crappy loot. No one will buy any key with those loots, and i doubt that you will have time to fix loots until november. However, the damage is done, and lots of ppl will stop playing bc this bad decision.
    Considering about the loots, remove anything that worth less than 5k from chests (+1, +2 rings, blue items, peridots, aquamarines, etc) and replace with more worthy items.
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    OK, Preview shard's unlocked. Sorry for the unexpected length of downtime there.
    edited October 2016
    loboguild said:

No I think it's two different things. The Dungeon Keys being a net minus everytime you use them is an issue that makes keys completely useless. The system simply doesn't make sense for both sides at the moment. Devs are not selling Legendary Keys and we can't get more out of our dungeon runs.​​

There's no win-win scenario in that case. If you think the devs are going to hand us out 30k per chest to at least cover the cost of a key then you're dreaming. The only solution is a rollback.
  • darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    So @terramak since the OP's Divine Protector is being nerfed to be more in line with KV can we have our full time back to also be like KV? If I've invested in recovery fully I should be able to keep it running full time just like KV does with no stats. It simply means I can't use another daily just like GFs can't use another encounter. Even 20 seconds would be fine but for 6 seconds of basically KV is frankly, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I'm not asking for GFs to be nerfed but I want to be fair here, my OP should be able to run the power full time. In fact these changes are exactly what I asked for, damage sharing and a slight reduction from the original Divine Protector while leaving the time the same or shortening it slightly since I already saw the issue and the complaints. Those were of course that it trivialized content, well guess what, now it just does it 6 seconds at a time and in a good party it hardly matters that it's 6 seconds.​​
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    terramak said:

• Commander's Strike no longer incorrectly causes affected teammates to deal far more bonus damage from encounter powers than intended.
      • This power now correctly adds +10% bonus damage, and adds an additional +10% bonus damage per rank (for a maximum of +40%).
    A big problem with this power is opening a big window for attacks while casting.
    terramak said:

Absolution
    • Absolution now grants the target 20% of their maximum hit points as a shield, up from a smaller value based on the Paladin's wepaon damage. Additional ranks now grant 10% more of the target's maximum hit points as a shield, up to a maximum of a 50% shield. The Oath of Protection bonus for this power has been adjusted to provide a 50% increase to damage resistance for the duration of the shield. Previously the bonus increased the size of the shield by a small amount.
    People will probably keep using like they did till now, cast outside battle and switch, powers like this, bane(player appliance, not monster), DC exaltation are often put appart because while aiming casting, failing or not we could simply protect in a more wide way the party.
    terramak said:

Vow of Enmity
    • Vow of Enmity is now a toggle power with a 10 second cooldown. Pressing Vow of Enmity after a vow has been chosen will remove the vow and trigger the cooldown. Only one target may be affected by your Vow of Enmity at a time. Previously Vow of Enmity could only be recast if the target was killed or after 60 seconds.
    I didn't have the chance to try it yet (slow internet*cries in corner*) but i hope it doesn't work like wraith of shadow, atm wraith of shadow gives us no indication if it's up or not unless in the monster bar.
    terramak said:

Circle of Power
    • The effect of circle of power now lasts 10 seconds, down from 20. The cooldown of circle of power has been reduced to 28 seconds, down from 60. In accordance with this adjustment, additional ranks of this power now grant 2 additional seconds to the effect per rank, down from 4. The additional effects gained by Circle of Power when the Paladin has Oath of Devotion or Oath of Protection (30% more outgoing healing and 25% damage resistance, respectively) are now also granted to allies standing within the Circle of Power. This effect does not stack with multiple Circles of Power.
    Change seems good, but is that correct? Allies get 30% more outgoing healing, not incoming, so lets say a temptation warlock is in the circle he'll heal for 30% more or get 30% more healing?
    terramak said:

Divine Protector
    • Divine protector now redirects 60% of damage taken by nearby allies, down from 100%. The damage reduction effect on the Paladin has been increased to 60%, up from 50%.
    This really a big nerf normally in orcus orbs fase or when a ally dies casting DP untill everyone is safer is a life saviour, pleaso consider increase auras range to 50' and make dominating presence feat increase aura effectivness to help fill this gap of DP.

This discussion has been closed.