test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Orcus is bugged?

Hi
Orcus is a simple boss. 1 hit next 1 or 2 sec break and all time the same (sometimes he change attack, but after attack we have break).
But sometimes i saw when after attack he attack again. It's bug or it's normal?
Today i keep orcus and suddenly I received huge DMG (I lost 90% HP), but he dont attack me.
He hit me 1 time when i have raised shield, next i I left shield and try use ITF. Orcus just stand and BUMM! i lost 90% HP. HOW?
Maybe you have this or similar situations with Orcus?
Im think it's bugged but im not sure.

Comments

• dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    No. Never had that.

Did you have KV up?

If so, maybe two teammates got caught in the glowing tether or stepped into a sphere?

Then you would got hit with the KV damage?.

Just a guess. Check the combat log or ACT.
    It tells you exactly where the damage came from.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • jackharper#1224 jackharper Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    I used KV but orcus in this time dont attack, he only stand in this time.
    Sometimes i have big lag when i dont see skill animation. But orcus hit me one i left shield and I got another shot. I dont know how.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    sometimes he hits me for 2-3 time just in few sec's usually when you died and ups with soulstone and you haven't any time even to use any skill, no time for cast.

i don't know what is it but Orcus has range attack also and maybe in that time he hit's someone who going too close with range and in the same time use mele attack against you.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Maybe, but probably more likely lag.

Orcus's attacks are consistent, so if there is an abnormal gap it is probably lag or a graphics glitch. I have had times when he doesn't appear to attack but you can see the damage indicators come up. I've had one time where he disappeared or something just as weird like appeared to be still on the roof but was attacking (can't 100% remember).

If in doubt don't drop your shield.

Sometimes some weird stuff happens with Orcus. I guess being a demon lord an all, it is his prerogative to defy the normal laws of physics every now and then.
  • jackharper#1224 jackharper Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    yesterday 2 players die cuz he dont see orcus atack animations. In my opinion it's bug but maybe it's lag.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    That's a lag issue, if he lags it catches up and he bashes you 2-3 times instantly in a row. Another thing I see often, is when he drops down after flying up don;t attack until he appears or at least till you see the red circle, you'll end up between his legs and will be one shot fodder regardless of your shield being raised.