test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes

Comments

• thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    zman81420 said:

I want to see payroll stubs from when we the players programed in a decline button. Because where I am sitting you just called me and everyone I play with a cheater. I sure don't write code or have any experience "YOU" made this game not us. If this was unintended why the heck did you let it go on for years? You seemingly grandfathered in your mistake of never removing the option into the life blood of the game. This change is bogus, your reasoning is flawed and calling us the exploiters by a bunch of rushed hack content is utterly insulting. Not only did you just make invoking changes for us now we lose a half day for emergency maintenance on brand new content console players "were" looking forward to but now look we are being blatantly accused as cheaters. I've seen guild mates talk about or straight up quit in the last 24 hours on a new module, people whom I've played with about a year or longer. Is this how you you kick off new content by HAMSTER the entire player base over. I can't laugh anymore on how stupid this is or any of their antics anymore. Get your act together take some happy pills and reconsider yet another toilet bowl decision.

I have to say, this kind of absurd vitriol is not really helpful. The logical cartwheels some of you are doing to turn this into an accusation that you are cheaters are embarrassing and really off topic. Why not focus on the real issue rather than manufacturing this feigned offense of being called a cheater.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    @panderus - thanks for the post and the reassurance, for what it's worth. I would very strongly suggest that whatever the status is, even if there is no status, that you keep your customers informed rather than allow this to go days or weeks without update. Hopefully I'm right when I read a measure of surprise in your response (as in: "wow, we knew they'd be angry, but... yikes!"). If that's the case, this reaction should certainly bestow a sense of urgency on this matter.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    panderus said:

I don't think there is anything I can say that would assuage anyone at this time other than, "We are rolling back the changes."

I don't know - I think "the fact that chest loot is so bad that most people reject it most of the time to save the key has been noted, chest loot will be significantly improved so that running dungeons for 'free' daily AD isn't way more profitable than farming up key materials and spending them. This way, it's worth grinding for the keys" would be taken well, as would "the fact that chest loot is so bad that most people reject it most of the time to save the key has been noted, so we're making the keys cheaper: they'll be way faster to grind for and craft so you don't spend an hour's work and then a day's wait on a Kessel's Run key that'll only get you a peridot and a 2K AD T1 item. It will be more like 5 minutes work and 2 hours wait. This way, the keys aren't super-expensive."

Either of those answers would significantly assauge me, for one. And both of those would let you still remove peek-and-decline from the game.

EDIT: Oh hey, third option: "In order to make keys cheaper, you're now crafting a pack of 5 for your hour grinding WoD or IWD. Still takes an hour's grind and 20 hours to craft a Mystic Dragon Key Pack, but now you get more shots at the chest. This is the same net result as making keys cheaper and faster, but WAY easier to code since we're just changing a campaign task reward".

That would still assuage me, at least, and still let you remove peek-and-decline.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    panderus said:

. . .I am just stating, "you have been heard."

That's all we've ever asked for. Thanks for letting us know it got through panderus.

I aim to misbehave
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User

• solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    I guess they will increase the drop rate!!!
  • zkacezkace Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    loexwell said:

You really, really think you can sell this as a bug to the players?
    We are not 4 year olds.. it's really insulting.

I agree
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    panderus said:

panderus said:

metalldjt said:

urabask said:

Its the same team who think the amount of vblood and relic hunting is appropriate.

IF that same team is going to put a package together of loot and what is acceptable.. just contemplate that for awhile.

This is why I really don't buy the bug excuse. They don't design drop tables while completely ignoring chest mechanics. Drop tables have horrible odds because they know that players don't have to consume a key every time they get a terrible roll. If this really was a bug and they continued to design drop tables around it for years it's a feature at that point whether they want to admit it or not.
    NEVERWINTER IS THE GAME THAT EVEN A DEVELOPER CANNOT ADMIT THAT THE LOGIN SCREEN IS A FEATURE NOT A BUG.
    The login screen is a feature. *winces from the inevitable*
    Finally a developer shows up.... and responds to a sarcastic comment. Not a word about any of the feedback provided. Lovely.
    I don't think there is anything I can say that would assuage anyone at this time other than, "We are rolling back the changes." I can't make that call but all of the feedback we have received and HOW it was received is certainly noted. I will certainly talk to some people about the reaction.

I just want to be clear, I am not promising anything, I am just stating, "you have been heard."

Nice. So I just got this text from work...

"One of Jennifer's jobs at the office is to call and follow-up one 1-800 customer complaints. There have been several recently that said they tried to call the store, but no one answered. Per Mr. Taylor, the phone must be answered always. Everyone has cordless phones, so one must be kept up front at all times. Please convey to your managers, they must answer the phone, and FIX the issue. Be generous in fixing it, so the customer is happy. Whatever it takes.

Thanks, Mike.

Oh... I'm a Manager at McDonald's by the way...

Here's the pic:

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    zebular said:

Now, on to the those claiming that the "this is a bug" is a lie. It is not. The Moderators were told early on just after Module 3 that being able to open a chest and not take the contents but keep your key was indeed a bug. That the decline button was there for those who did not want the loot, not for those who did not want to consume their key. However, as this wasn't something of a real issue and there was a clique of people claiming it was an exploit to look and not take, it was deemed best to remain silent on the issue, lest we fuel a group of player's crusade to name and shame folks for "exploiting." In short, years ago, it was indeed deemed a bug but was not pursued as an exploit.

So, can we now please move on from this whole claim that they are lieing about it being a bug? Such does nothing to add to productive feedback. Thanks!

oh please. you are making it worse saying things like this.

1. you're insulting our intelligence. there is a decline button. why on gods green earth would they put a decline button in and expect anyone would want to use it when it would gobble their key and they'd just get nothing.. why? (and so they think the solution is to make it so we can't see it's such garbage that we can't even make a little on it instead of walk away and keep the key.. so they STILLL think we'd pay for that garbage. the problem is we KNOW it's garbage in that chest 99/9 percent of the time. we're going to walk away from the game instead of the chest... don't INSULT US.. we're not dumb.

a) that implies that they know the rng is such garbage that they think people can't even make a tiny bit of ad on it or use it in ANY WAY.
    b) you're calling us ALL exploiters of a glitch when the decline button is there and there is no way to say take my key anyway. Should we all have been saying oh my gosh.. I better just delete this costly key now?

no.. no there is no way anyone with a brain could ever believe this was true. it makes no sense on any level. it is working as intended and you're taking a tact that is demeaning to your entire player base by assuming they have no brain at all.

that is not the way to retain players. that is not the way to make us less angry. that is not the way to get us to spend more money.

ok. the team wants to make more money. I am pretty sure they learned from coalgate that if you want to make more money you don't do it by insulting the player base and making them angry. they aren't going to say oh yeah.. you're right and open their wallets. they're going to boycott spending money on zen adn or quit the game.

you get money by PLEASING your player base.. not by angering them. simple simple concept.

be generous and we are generous back. be stingy insulting sobs and guess what.. wallet closed.. customer walks away to another vendor and spends money there instead. easy peasy.

• krasnoyarsk1krasnoyarsk1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I can foresee their improvement of loot: "instead of peridots we will give aquamarines, instead of + 1, 2 rings we will give +2, +3 and we will give an adittional 1k ad on chest" hahaha. And if they change, we can wait for it the very same time as we waited for spellplague caverns come back. Oh wait, we are still waiting.
  • groglastgroglast Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    silence1x said:

That's all we've ever asked for. Thanks for letting us know it got through panderus.

I'm not sure if you meant it like this, but when you said "that's all we've ever asked for" it sounds like you're talking about everyone who posts here, including me. Panderus writing "you have been heard" doesn't mean anything to me. Him writing that is the same as silence as far as I'm concerned since he hasn't replied to any issue brought up. If he isn't in a position to reply to the issues raised in this thread, then who is? Who makes the decisions? Get that person a forum account so they can come write something more than just "we hear you." They haven't replied with any substance.

He said he didn't know what he could say? Then who at that company does and why are we hearing from someone who doesn't know what to say and can't say anything, instead of hearing from someone who can make decisions and can talk about it?
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    Go back on your decision to do this guys, or this time , you're gonna loose more than you gonna gain by making this change live...
  • kessaran#3435 kessaran Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    null

So... I'm a little curious. When can EVERY PLAYER that hit "Decline" expect a ban? According to your terms of service, we abused a "bug" for personal gain and it affected the games integrity. The entire economy is based around this "bug". I'll be waiting for my email about the ban. I do expect to see EVERY <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> PERSON that hit the decline button in the past 3 YEARS to be banned, due to this being a breach in your ToS. Dumbass decision, enjoy your dead game and bankrupt company now that nobody is gonna spend the money to feed you. For those who aren't aware, this isn't the first game they have killed by doing things like this. Ya'll have 2 weeks to apologize to the playerbase and delete this change. Your jobs pretty much depend on it.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    So what if you proved it is not a bug.... The entire player base is still ROYALLY SCREWED OVER now with such HORRIFIC loot tables. So what, now we have to play the game for an entire year, and still not get a +5 ring, without coughing up all our zen, or give them money they don't deserve?

This is NOT going to work with drop rates being so damned awful.
  • midpoint#3070 midpoint Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    @panderus

Something needs to be announced officially ASAP. People are dropping off and quitting en masse. Have you seen all the fires on reddit too?

Listen to IronZerg and Becky lunatic, we need CONFIRMATION & PROOF on the test servers that RNG and other commented QoL changes are coming and being implemented.

Giving us good loot will encourage us more to make more alts, to gear up multiple characters. Anyone with a full time job and a family has zero chances with the current system let alone one that demands more keys to be purchased.

If you want more key purchases, you need a radical shift in the rewards offered.
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    groglast said:

silence1x said:

I'm not sure if you meant it like this, but when you said "that's all we've ever asked for" it sounds like you're talking about everyone who posts here, including me. Panderus writing "you have been heard" doesn't mean anything to me. Him writing that is the same as silence as far as I'm concerned since he hasn't replied to any issue brought up. If he isn't in a position to reply to the issues raised in this thread, then who is? Who makes the decisions? Get that person a forum account so they can come write something more than just "we hear you." They haven't replied with any substance.

He said he didn't know what he could say? Then who at that company does and why are we hearing from someone who doesn't know what to say and can't say anything, instead of hearing from someone who can make decisions and can talk about it?

Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • xkrz8xdeathxkrz8xdeath Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I just read this I think it is not right not viewing what you want to get. Basically I'm saying that I should have a right to look at something before I get it instead of wasting keys just to have pray there's something good in chest nope no way I'm buying keys at all after this happens if game gets any worst I'm going back to play call of duty cause this not right its going to be like when you open lockboxes and get poo instead of good stuff I've been opening lock boxes since VIP came Out with my purchased VIP keys I didn't get any mounts or companions since I had free keys
    Post edited by xkrz8xdeath on
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    So from What the response has been by the Response from the moderators and the one Dev is that all the HAMSTER loot from the chests was INTENDED. The use of a key and ability to keep the key if you declined was a BUG period, when you say it was not intended to work like it is, that is a BUG. And from the start of this BUG the trash loot that is 99% of the chests is working as INTENDED. I fail to see the moral high ground here for Cryptic.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Just went you think this thread can't keep on giving, someone posts a Billy Dee Williams .gif.

/well played
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • xzibit214xzibit214 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The day that you launch content changes to gameplay to encourage people to play said content (invocation nerf), you announce another future change that encourages people NOT to run content at all. Your logical fallacy is so incredible that there isn't even words for said stupidity.

You have an announcement thread in the forum warning people about buying 3rd party currency. I vote that you add an announcement thread warning us about the dangers of buying Zen because Cryptic/Arc Games does a much better job of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> its own player base than any third party vendor.
This discussion has been closed.