test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storm update Nerfed AD Salvage rate!

So not happy to find that the astral diamond for salvage was dropped by 33%!! That is so wrong. I have collected so many things in the last few weeks to save for double astral diamonds in November so I could finally buy a couple things. Not only have you artificially raised the Zen exchange so it is pointless for anyone to trade AD for Zen, you reduced the salvage rate. Your not going to generate more money that way, your going to lose players. It already was bad enough to see all those people make AD on professions only to be denied once I leveled up and now this. Not Happy At All.

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I would've thought by your name you would've been omniscient, but alas no... I will help you out though.

AD via invoking has been changed so that you earn it at an increased rate by doing AD dailies. each invoke gives you an increasing value to earn at a 50% rate (similar to glory boosters). This is to remove the benefit of having up to 50 characters that are never played but just invoke at 3.3k per day (with vip).

Those characters that are played will earn slightly more than the old system. I have 6 characters and run all of them through 2 dungeons per day and most of them through skirmishes so I'll be no worse off, but as it removes another stream of income from exploiters it may even have a positive effect on AH prices etc (eventually).

The Zen Exchange has not been artificially increased by Cryptic, it has been increased by players spending more of their AD on Zen. This is entirely predictable and this time around it's due to two factors:

1. The recent 2 x AD followed by a 2 x RP. The 2xAD gave people more to spend and the 2xRP gave them a reason to buy Zen; coalescent and preservation wards and blood rubies.

2. The new mod also brings a new lockbox. Those that have been around for a while know that the exchange always jumps just before a new lockbox as people stock up on keys. Those with the brains and resources note the upcoming change and buy zen whilst it cheaper and sell it back when it's at maximum value.

The salvage rate will hit me in the pocket to a small degree as well as many others but you should bear in mind that the value was increased for higher IL gear - not by the same amount of course which is a bit off but I suspect that if they didn't make this change then they may well have opted for not holding 2x AD events at all. It should also be noted that the more people earn from salvaging, the higher the zen exchange and auction house prices are so earning more is actually a double edged sword. When things get past their initial adjustment fluctuation you generally find that the value of 'time to purchasing power' hasn't changed all that much.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • iamthegodofalliamthegodofall Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I appreciate the effort you put into your responce, however I do not agree with everything you have said.
    Unlike people who have time enough to run 6 characters through 2 dungeons a day, I am far to busy to spend that much time in this game. I have been around a good while and have been agitated by the changes in the past as well, such as when the armor I just upgraded to and spent all my AD on became obsolete in one day when they changed the entire armor class scale. That sucked. The mindless grinding such as in Elemental Evil, sucks horribly. This is another in a series of disappointments where I have been grinding to reach a goal just to have it stripped away. I have left the game once already for about 5 months and while I am not leaving before I explore storm thunder, I will not be spending any real money because of what the just did to the salvage. I don't appreciate losing 1 million AD, or rather, having it taken from me. Ultimately it only matters if the changes they make are ones that people want and keep people playing and paying. If not, then they messed up.
  • speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I was one of those guys with 8 character max invoking every day. I created 1 of each character when the Paladin nerf was on the horizon thinking that everything would get balanced somehow someday so why not have fun and enjoy all the playstyles. All my characters are reasonably geared and have 2500 - 3000 IL but the biggest time sink are the Campaign Boons and Artifacts. I legitimately wanted to have 1 of each character and to be viable. While I was max invoking for the AD, it has been the only source of AD for me because trying do get all the Boons and gear up for dungeon runs, I'm not speed farming gear to salvage for AD.

8 character with VIP12 turns into about 800k per month. In hind sight I guess I spread myself too thin instead of just focusing on 1 character. Then again, I would have only a Paladin that I don't like anymore. See, I was playing the game the way it was intended... not sure if speed farming Lostmouth and other dungeons for Salvage is really intended either, imo.
  • lewislane#1762 lewislane Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The blue items saw a decrease in salvage value, while purple items have been increased in salvage value.

And I so much hate that they did take away AD by invoking. Now, I would still runs dungeons on my 3 alts (HR-70, SW-38, CW-49), but the only 2 I enjoy playing and challenging myself on are my main (TR-lvl70) and my 1st alt (HR-lvl70). So, those 2 I'll run through level appropriate dungeons and skirmishes, while still gaining 3.3k w/ VIP on my 70s, but far less on my other 2 alts. But, sometimes I did (and do) get lazy and just run Cloak Tower cause it takes 5 minutes and you get 5,484 AD. In comparison to the AD baby spiders gives (5,848).

I have found this to be the best way to get the bonus % AD since the new MOD has come out, and it saves so much time.
  • iamthegodofalliamthegodofall Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have seen the reduction in purple items also, specifically the +4 rings from the underdark used to be 6k AD salvage, now 4k.
  • agenty0rk#8993 agenty0rk Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Everyone is already quiting due to the changes. Every dlc something is changed to make progressing in the game harder to do without spending a bunch of money. It's clear by this point that this is PWE s game plan and it will not be changing. I will be quiting NW this Friday when Skyrim remastered comes out. After all you gotta have something to play lol. And it's obvious that NW isn't it any more.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    ooh remastered Skyrim...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    The previous values were fun and all but they did not make any sense, why should some rings salvage for more than a purple chest piece? The chest piece is the most expensive item in every store, it should yield the highest salvage rates. I guess you could argue they should have just raised all the payouts, but that doesn't really help either, it just pushes the economy around more drastically.

I feel like all they did was put a predictable and logical pattern in place, where purple is better than blue and the larger items are more valuable than the smaller items...it probably should have been this way from the start.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies