test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storm King's Thunder Bugs & Issues

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2016 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
Please post all issues relating to Storm King's Thunder here with as much information as possible and our QA and community teams will look into it.

Thanks!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Hi where is our free Neverwinter: Free Trove for All! like the PC players got. When will we get our free gift ?
    See
    arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10119503-neverwinter%3A-free-trove-for-all%21
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • mushtheroommushtheroom Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Post edited by mushtheroom on
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016

Since installing the Storm King's Thunder patch, none of my characters are getting any astral diamonds for invoking.

As intended. You get a bonus pool of AD earned in game now, like how Bonus XP works. This was all discussed quite extensively on the PC for some time now and is in the XBOX and PS4 patch notes:

You can read more about this here, here, and here. I'll sum it up with a couple quotes through.

Invocation now gives a Rough AD bonus instead of granting Rough AD directly. The bonus Rough AD awarded is moderately larger than what was previously granted as straight Rough AD. In general, Invoking while playing other Rough AD generating activities will see a reasonable increase in AD earned, while Invoking only will see a drastic decrease.

zebular said:

In case any of this helps to understand, here's some more clarification from the Devs regarding the Invocation changes:

Some clarifications about the Invocation changes:

• There is no ""expiration"" of the bonus. It won't ever go away. As long as you are actively playing the character, the new system should not leave you any worse off.
    • In fact, the new system leaves you better off (again, if you are playing the character) by about +20%, because it just gives you that much more AD (at L70 -- slight variations at lower levels, just due to rounding).
    • There is supposed to be a UI treatment that makes this all clear. Looks like that isn't in yet :(. But it basically looks like a glory boost, if you've ever used one of those. It's a buff icon that tells you how many more points of +50% earn rate you have left.
    • There is a cap on the total boost value you can get (all numerics in any game need some kind of cap, computers don't like infinities), but it's super-big. It's set to 100,000 AD, which is about a month's worth of boost. So you could invoke all day every day for a month (ok, 27 days to be precise) and still not lose a thing (again, in fact you get +20%). Past a month, and you'd hit the cap if you invoked the full amount every day that month but never played anything that earned you AD.
    • Characters that you never play with -- only invoke -- are the only ones that lose out. Which was the intention: more rewards for playing, less for characters you don't play.
    The reason we made this change was because was saw that Invocation was the largest source of AD that could be generated by not actually playing the game, this is not good. It was very apparent when comparing the PC numbers with what was happening on Xbox, VERY different playstyles but the vast difference between the two groups suggested this was a problem area.

The change we made will actually increase the amount of AD you would earn if combined with actual gameplay. You can even bank it for a week and play all on the weekend, you just have to do something to actually earn that AD now instead of having a bot army.

Just to confirm, there is not reset time on the bonus AD, there is a limit that can be stored which should not be able to be hit with a week of only invoking or more. Again, if you play ""normally"" you should be able to claim more AD from this than you would have previously. It really should only affect characters who ONLY invoked and did nothing else. There will be an minor UI update to make this change more transparent to the user later on and planned for the Module 10 launch.

• manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Idk if this is a bug, I've had some Seals of Triumph saved up, 15 on one of my characters and 12 in another one, but it seems they didn't update to the current quantity's standards and I still have the same amount
  • balltillifall88balltillifall88 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I have 2.

Firstly, i am a scourge warlock, and have the prince of hell stat feature. using the artifact class feature, with the new update, should raise my damage resistance by 5%, and it doesnt show the change, if it is even happing, on my stats. i have unequiped my grimoire and re-equiped and damage resistance does not change. i even paid 5000 AD to switch to a different artifact class power and then 5000 AD to switch back, thinking that might trigger it, and it still isnt showing the 5% damage resistance on my stats page.

secondly, the moonbear still has no insignia bonus. i was hoping the update would fix that and it didnt. its really annoying that the only 3 insignia mount i even have doesnt even have an insignia bonus power. whats up with that?

oh, and p.s.

the original artifact class power was supposed to raise the defense rating by 5% and it was changed to raise actual damage resistance by 5%, which it isnt saying it is.
    Post edited by balltillifall88 on
  • evilsquirrel03evilsquirrel03 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Transcendent Shadowclad Enchantment no longer working after I updated. I've tried all of the following to resolve this issue to no avail:

Unslotted and Reslotted
    Placed in another armor
    purchased a different lesser enchant and applied it (This one did not work either) and then re-slotted it
    Reinstalled the entire game

I really need some help here as the endgame content is challenging enough with things working as expected.

Update and Resolution -- (Sort of)

Doing some basic QA I discovered that the enchantment itself functions, however it would appear that the Dragonsflight armor along with a few others that I had in my inventory at the time of patch were broken. Passing the enchantment to another character and equipping this proved that to be the case. To resolve this issue, I purchased some of the new gear from the trade bar merchant and equipped the armor enchant to that. This allowed the enchantment to function as expected. I hope this helps anyone who is also experiencing this odd bug.

I figured that I could use the new armor so it isn't a huge blow personally, though to have gear that people have worked so hard for rendered useless is really tough. I know that the developers want armor and other equipment to be a transient piece of a character's repertoire, but please have a care for the months that we put into attaining this gear. There has to be a lot of testing that goes into a patch release, but something this glaring really should have been caught. Before I figured out what was going on with the multiple pieces of armor, I was starting to think that my character was bugged and that I wouldn't be able to ever enchant my armor again. This in turn made me question my vested interest in the game. While I love and have supported Neverwinter since it's inception, there has been some seriously broken stuff that we've had to play with. Please spend a bit more time regression and integration testing new features.

Thanks,

evilsquirrel03
    Post edited by evilsquirrel03 on
  • bepy1109bepy1109 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    is all people having a problem with praying to the diety and not recieving rough astral diamonds since the last update??? on all 3 of my characters since the update
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I am not sure if this has always existed or is new: Once the guild has 150 gamer tags we are not allowed to invite alts even though we have room for characters, we receive a message that the guild is full when trying to invite alts.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • entienne#1726 entienne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Where is Mantol- Derith now?
    It isn't available on the travel map for me, via gateway, caravan or travel signpost.
    Where do i find Bruenor Battlegammer now?
    How do i complete the last of these dailies?
    I had a lot of issues downloading and installing the 2.01 update and then a couple of bugs iver the first night of playing it ie. I bluescreened twice already, and twice got stuck with an infinite loading circle while travelling.
    Please help.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    bepy1109 said:

is all people having a problem with praying to the diety and not recieving rough astral diamonds since the last update??? on all 3 of my characters since the update

Please do ready my post above to the person who asked this in this thread also. Thanks.

• starofd#4868 starofd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    my charcter have been placed under some trade lock
    it tells me to go do quest chains ive done already to unlock it .
    i was able to trade before the patch with no such problem .
  • gixxercon#7371 gixxercon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Dungeons are not giving AD... Finished invoking for today with the full 3,600 daily bonus and ran 4 dungeons without any AD. Adv seals was the only payout.
  • matt5p5p#0725 matt5p5p Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2016
    Cant post to the auction house. Says I need to complete some quest chains that I have already completed. Wasn't like this until the update.
  • littlebiblittlebib Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    On the black lake "defending the sword coast" quest, the demonic ritual components are not appearing. I've abandoned the quest a couple of times, switched instances, and even logged off and restarted the game, and they still will not appear. I'm only 5 quests away from the last armor pack so this is pretty frustrating.
  • speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Since the update, my Guardian Fighter seems to get aggro/combat stance randomly without any enemies near. Notice it right after clearing a room or area, but it prevents me from going though a door, interacting with chests, nodes, or objectives so it is really annoying - almost unplayable.

Sometimes after clearing a room I keep aggro for waaaaay too long, but other times seems to be ok, but a few seconds after the room is cleared, suddenly without any enemies - I go into combat stance.

BTW, I appreciate ID Scrolls stacking to 999 and the character select screen seems to always go back to the character just on instead of 2 characters ago... wish everything stacked to 999, but ID scrolls is a nice start to quality of life improvements to the bag space issues. Nice work.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Since the update, my Guardian Fighter seems to get aggro/combat stance randomly without any enemies near.

I've seen this happen to my wife's GF too. She tried killing herself and was still in combat stance when she respawned for another minute or two before it sorted itself out. Very annoying if you're trying to mount up to stay with your group.

BTW, I appreciate ID Scrolls stacking to 999 and the character select screen seems to always go back to the character just on instead of 2 characters ago

+1 to these small fixes. Amazing what making some tiny QoL changes will do to please users. The only negative I have is that they decided to stack an item to 999 that I never really had multiple stacks of lol.
  • lucasnguyen88lucasnguyen88 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I had lost my vorpal twice to the mimic even when it in my bank storage it seem to eat it too like why is it letting mimic access my bank storage im not asking for free stuff i just hope u look into it cause i worked my bum off for it
  • lucasnguyen88lucasnguyen88 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I paid 5000 zen and the epic mount that come with charc 70 and 2 runic well dont u get the epic mount on all ur charc ?
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    The warlocks encounter power "blades of vanquished armies" was supposed to remain active when the caster gets stunned or dazed. However, this is not the case, it still gets toggled off once the caster gets controlled that way.
    The tooltip of the creeping death (scourged warlock - fury path) feat has not been updated to mod 10 change, it still displays 8 seconds instead of 6.
  • ff7ultima#1256 ff7ultima Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i cant log in on my dc that is in the stronghold and my wife cant log in on her gwf...what the heck??
  • dwhitleyce#2915 dwhitleyce Member Posts: 1 New User
    Idk if this is the right place for this but today I have been disconnected from game during a map change. Also i am unable to log back into character. I have had to have support move character 2/4 times this has happened. I hope that this issue will be resolved without needing to contact support every single time this happens.
  • bigdog131982#8331 bigdog131982 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Since the storm king update I am not able to select any feats powers or boons. I log into my level 70 gaurdian fighter select campaign boons then select dread ring that an master technique select my new boon, press x to commit. No sound happens and when I push b to exit it says my option will be lost. Same thing happens with my feats and boons. Not sure if it is the same on my level 70 hunter ranger since I haven't earned anything new. I did submit a complaint already and they referred me to submit my issue on here. Please help me with this issue
  • magdar#9208 magdar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    When I try to go to Bryn Shandar Epicenter to complete Shrine of Mielikki quest it kicks me out and then doesn't let me back on. Says timed out of game servers. To get back in the game I have to shutdown and left it off for about 10 minutes to get back on, but the game locks if I try again to go the Bryn Shandar Epicenter.
  • zixxer636zixxer636 Member Posts: 47 Arc User

When I try to go to Bryn Shandar Epicenter to complete Shrine of Mielikki quest it kicks me out and then doesn't let me back on. Says timed out of game servers. To get back in the game I have to shutdown and left it off for about 10 minutes to get back on, but the game locks if I try again to go the Bryn Shandar Epicenter.

Im having this same issue with the last part of the quest. It kicks me when trying to load the epicenter. Once the server kicks me I cant log in with that characture anymore but am able to load my other characters. I hope this is fixed soon.
  • talenwilltalenwill Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Also can't load the Epicenter. Tried getting in a group with a friend and loading in together. All that accomplished was now both of us have to do the full reboot of both xboxes because neither of us can load the characters we used.

Workaround attempt 1... Failed
  • corrosivelogiccorrosivelogic Member Posts: 1 New User
    null
    I too am having difficulty accessing epicenter during this portion of this quest. I get the same timeout error after about 10 second.
  • knitwhit#3581 knitwhit Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Have the same issue with epicenter.
  • bodakhbodakh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue with Epicenter. I also submitted a support request on this.
  • lyquidenigma#8467 lyquidenigma Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    zixxer636 said:

Im having this same issue with the last part of the quest. It kicks me when trying to load the epicenter. Once the server kicks me I cant log in with that characture anymore but am able to load my other characters. I hope this is fixed soon.
    I'm also having an issue with Epicenter. When I try to enter the area, it times out, and then logs me out.
  • bricainepwnjubricainepwnju Member Posts: 1 New User
    This is probably one of the biggest issues I have to complain about honestly. I truly don't see any reason to put a restriction on trading other than trying to force players to make purchases one way or another. can't send mail, can't trade with players, but I can da** sure access the Zen market. Basically, you can't openly trade until you're roughly level 30 and have completed about 3 campaigns.....shady stuff right there.> @starofd#4868 said:
    > my charcter have been placed under some trade lock
    > it tells me to go do quest chains ive done already to unlock it .
    > i was able to trade before the patch with no such problem .
This discussion has been closed.