test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR Sabo balance needed

matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
edited September 2016 in The Thieves' Den
Hi fellow Gamers!

I too play a TR in PVP nowadays, but i would like to see more fair games and as long as this build runs around we won't have it. People always take advantage of easy routes and the dark side is much easier to follow, for most.

Pure sportsmanship has died cause the game allows for such cheesy builds. Other classes or even a TR, who is not Sabo MUST spend on arm pen, now sadly 99% of the TR community runs this or a very similar cookie cutter build and they come and brag around, how skilled they are or how bad the other's build is. This is by no means balance! Now take a look at it and tell me is this right?

Zero (!) arm pen and just spamming the slam dunk around, one word from me, meh.

Don't get me wrong i have no problems with the Sabo tree as a concept, nor do i have any major problems with slam dunk, of course as long as they are in decent boundaries, but this monstrosity build ruins all fun for all opposing sides.

I know lot will come and smear me and say i am so bad or i whine again, let them come, one day i hope balancing will reach Sabo too and this nonsense will end, let them too spend points on arm pen and do something other than slam dunk, let them develop real skills.

Now enjoy this screenshot and tell me- hand on heart- is this right and/or fair.

Moderator Note: Edited to not be a directed topic at the developers. Also, moved to the TR forum for a proper TR discussion.
The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
David Icke

Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    A mi executioner has even more powerfull shocking but i guess need the penetration for stronger shadow demise hit too.
    SInce mod 10 you are not alone similar build run and the hr combat WITH 0 armor penetration.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User

SInce mod 10 you are not alone similar build run and the hr combat WITH 0 armor penetration.

True, also nonsense, should be addressed by Devs.

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    Take away SE and the power-recovery build is nothing.

In the other hand, power-armp and some recovery doesnt work at all, with the SH boons i have:
    1) https://gyazo.com/9c55f555df4bbfd5c27f48ea48314fb8 or
    2)https://gyazo.com/74dcc0ae7494cf8d1e832c26a9465570

that extra armor penetration feels useless. TR encounter-atwill damage is too low against geared players.
    i dont like the SE build, but i dont blame saboteurs to take that path, since is the only power that hits hard.

dazing strike? lashing blade? no more than 5k-15k damage with those powers (with power+armp), which are supossed to be the nukes actually hit less than a GF at will power or the same of sure strike.

Nerf SE and put some of that damage on encounter-at will powers-passives.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    morenthar said:

Here's the thing about TRs. TRs do HAMSTER for damage. Piercing is not the issue and I believe all TRs should have piercing because we can't realistically get enough ArPen for it to be effective.

If we were to fully focus it, our power would suffer immensely. The Devs need to fix the SE situation, ditch ITC for a cool new CC breaker with some other function and buff our damage all around.

Speaking as a Whisperknife, we need serious help. Give us back a useful Disheartening Strike. People just heal it off like it is nothing. It needs more damage and it needs to reduce the targets damage to everything they strike. It should also increase the damage that everyone does to the DHS target.

Vengeance's Pursuit needs it CC breaker to work against ALL CC sources . It's damage also needs a major increase and the multiple procs needs fixing.

Hateful Knives needs to give full immunity while activated. In today's PvP climate, Smoke Bomb spam, as well as many other powers make it useless.

Give Scoundrels their control back. I laugh my HAMSTER off every time I see one in PvP. All they can do is tank. They can't even be a good supplemental class because they barely do any damage.

They were nerfed because idiots on this forum cried rivers if tears because they hadn't figured out how to counter them yet.

So Devs, please, make the TR fair and useful again. Self gimping because I won't play MI Sab cheese is really getting old.

Wholeheartedly agree with you mate!

The last sentence of yours: "Self gimping because I won't play MI Sab cheese is really getting old." is what i feel day in and day out when playing my TR in PVP. Sadly even veteran players sometimes bash on my girl for not being able to do, what a Sabo can do and yes i feel the same as you about having to run the extra mile just to enjoy myself in PVP, only cause i don't like the cheesy-easy way of the Sabo.

Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Tr damage sucks.. Scoundrel sabo exe armor pen not armor pen nothing.
    No shocking no damage at all. Remove shocking for what is worth. The class is boring af to play regardless
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

Tr damage sucks.. Scoundrel sabo exe armor pen not armor pen nothing.

No shocking no damage at all. Remove shocking for what is worth. The class is boring af to play regardless

When you have a Combat HR everything else seems boring in comparison :p
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I'm sabo tr...
    I always used armor pen, mobility, power, lifesteal, recovery, deflect. In that order

14000 armor pen (doesn't do much in pvp you need 145% armor pen to break through all the way)

13000 mobility (love it, allow's me to run to nodes at Mount speed)

17000 power (not the best but it's ok)

6000 lifesteal (depression in pvp but is nice to heal in combat without potions)

3000 recovery (just enough to make smoke bomb 15 seconds cooldown)

2000 deflect (I rather rely on itc)

I use courage breaker and lurkers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!